• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 11,709 Views, 241 Comments

Of Gods and Ponies - FoggyHunter



What would happen if you gave a mortal man the power of a god? Would it be used for good, or abused?

  • ...
18
 241
 11,709

Some New Lessons

Authors Note: Ok, so it's been a while. Sorry about that. I can be easily distracted, ya know? Anyway, with how long it took to make this, you are all probably expecting a super huge chapter. Again, I apologize as that is not the case. I hope I'm still keeping your attention with this story, and I really appreciate the support you guys are giving me, even though all that support is from comments. So if you want more chapters, give some more ausome comments =P.
P.S. I seem to have a habit of posting these chapters late at night. Oh well.


The flight to Canterlot was, for lack of a better term, uneventful. Of course, uneventful is a pretty dull word to use when your having the time of your life! But now we’re almost to Canterlot and I am absolutely amazed at the immensity of it. It has to be nothing short of an engineering miracle for an entire city to jut out the side of a mountain. That, or just a butt load of magic. What also amazes me is how intricate the city looks. I thought it was impressive enough on the show, but in person the show doesn't even compare.

As of right now, we are far above the city. Celestia leads me to a lower altitude as we approach the city and as we get closer, I can see Luna fly from the city and towards us. Soon Luna is flying by us again as she talks with Celestia, but I can’t hear what they’re saying. When they stop talking, Celestia turns to me.

“All the arrangements have been made for your arrival, my lord!” Celestia yells over the wind, “We will land in the Royal Courtyard, and then we will go to the dining hall for lunch!”

“Awesome! All I’ve had since I got here was a cupcake and I’m fricken starvin’!”

“We have also seen to your sleeping arrangements!” Luna yells out, but not quite in the Traditional Canterlot Voice, “You will be staying in that tower there!” Luna points out the tower.

“Is that the tower Rarity stayed at during her visit to Canterlot that one time!?”

“It is!” Celestia answers this time.

“Cool!”


Shining Armor liked to think of himself as a stallion prepared for anything. A true credit to the title of Captain of the guard. He was hoof chosen by her royal highness Princess Celestia herself for his stalwart demeanor and his impeccable strength over magic. Though he can be fun and easy going when off duty, he is still capable of holding an air of command when needed.

Right now, Shining Armor is having a very hard time keeping that air of command over his own nervousness as the seemingly giant of a biped comes in for a landing with the royal sisters; the same royal sisters that he had sworn to protect with his life. As the stranger descends, Shining Armor can not help but note the green aura that surrounds it, causing the captain to remember a certain changeling invasion that happened not too long ago. This proves to only add to his suspicions and cautiousness towards the stranger.

Princess Luna had been brief in her instructions: prepare the guest tower for occupancy, get lunch ready, tell the servants that her and her sister’s earlier disappearance is of no cause to worry, and greet the Princesses along with their “guest” upon their arrival. Sounded simple enough... until now.

Shining Armor had made sure to bring at least thirty royal guards along with him, just in case. All thirty of those guards are now lined up behind him in rows of ten.

Princess Celestia touched down first, then her sister next to her, and then the biped behind them. Shining Armor noted the way that the stranger looked over the thirty royal guards that he had brought with him. Appraising their strength, no doubt. He has this smile on his face that just makes him look smug in Shining Armor’s eyes.

“Cooooool,” Shining Armor hears the stranger mutter.

As the Princesses approach, Shining Armor goes into a bow, as do the rest of the guards.

“Your highnesses, it is good to see that you are all right. Despite what Luna had told us, we were all thoroughly worried.”

“Thank you for your concern, Shining Armor, but we are well.”

“Did you say Shining Armor?” The stranger asked.

“That’s right,” Shining Armor answered, “I am Shining Armor, Captain of the Royal Guard and defender of Canterlot.”

“Wow, Captain of the Guard? Didn't see that coming. You’d think that after two seasons Twilight would have mentioned you at least once.”

“Wha... What?” Shining Armor responded, confused.

“Have you already married what’s-her-name? Uh, Cadance?”

Shining Armor is beginning to like this conversation less and less.

“How do you know about that?” Shining Armor asked accusingly.

“Honestly, you don’t wanna know. But I’ll take that as a yes. (Sigh) Damn, I never got a chance to see that episode before I got here. And it was gonna be a bitchen’ episode, too. Though I guess hearing about it would be the next best thing.”

Shining Armor is utterly confused by the gibberish that this biped is saying.

“And no offence, but who the hell is Cadence, anyway?”

“What?” Shining Armor responded, almost seething in anger as the stranger turns back to the Princesses.

“I mean, from what the brony community could tell, you two were the only alicorns in existence. In fact, you two started as the only alicorns in existence. So where did Cadence come from?”

Shining Armor watches as a seemingly cruel smile forms on Princess Celestia’s muzzle while Princess Luna actually blushes. This is the first time that Shining Armor had ever seen the moon princess blush.

“Well,” Celestia says coyly, “I think you will have to ask Luna about that some time.”

“So she is your niece. But Blueblood is your nephew, too...” The stranger then turns to Luna. “You been busy or something, Luna?”

To Shining Armor’s shock, Princess Luna is now blushing even harder. What’s even more appalling, though, is that this stranger would dare show such disrespect to Her Highness.

“Hey!” Shining Armor exclaims, causing the stranger to turn and look at him, “I don’t know who or what you are, but I will not tolerate such insolence towards the royal sisters! Now you will show them the proper respect that they deserve and apologize!”

The stranger merely raises his right eyebrow as a glint of amusement shines in his eyes. Shining Armor is just about ready to teach this hairless ape a lesson, when he catches the looks of the royal sisters.

The captain feels his heart practically turn to ice as he witnesses the looks of absolute shock and appalment that the Princesses are now directing towards him. Shining Armor has the sinking feeling that he had just made a very grave mistake. The guards behind him also become uneasy at the Princesses’ unexpected reaction to Shining Armor’s defence of their honor.

For a few seconds there is only silence. Then Princess Celestia speaks.

“Please forgive him, my lord,” Princess Celestia pleads, “He does not know who you really are.”

In all the history of Equestria, there are only very rare instances when the Royal Guard have ever lost their composure. This is has now become one of those rare instances.

“Whu... bu... how... da... wha...” Shining Armor blubbers as he tries to overcome his own shock. His fellow guardponies are equally affected as all thirty of their jaws are hanging loose.

The stranger, or lord, as Princess Celestia called him, gives off a smile while Princess Luna tries to suppress a giggle at the guard’s reactions.

“Yea, it’s fine; no problem,” the lord says, “So.... Lunch?”

“Of course, my lord,” Princess Celestia responds, “Right this way.”

With that, the royal sisters and the newfound lord head for the main entrance of the castle, leaving Shining Armor and his guards to still get over their shock.


MEANWHILE, BACK IN PONYVILLE


“C’mon, Dashie, hurry up! There is still so much stuff we can do!”

“Can’t (huff) we (huff) take (huff) a little (huff) break?”

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie have been spending the last twenty minutes testing out the party pony’s new wings over one of the many grass fields of Ponyville. After said twenty minutes of nonstop flying and twirling at top speed, Rainbow Dash is finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with the hyper-energetic pegasus. Pinkie Pie seems to have an unlimited reserve of energy, which would seem surprising considering how much sweets Pinkie Pie eats.

But then again, this is Pinkie Pie we’re talking about.

“Okie dokie lokie,” Pinkie Pie says with a smile. She then zooms to a nearby cloud and brings it closer to the currently mid air and exhausted Rainbow Dash. They soon both land upon the fluffy white cloud that acts like a floating pillow to them. Rainbow Dash settles down with a tired huff, while Pinkie Pie sets her rump down in a simple sitting position. Rainbow Dash can’t help but be amazed at how Pinkie Pie isn’t even breaking a sweat.

“I still can hardly believe that mister Lord Joseph gave me these wings. They are just so much FUN! I wonder what else I can do with them? OOH, do you think I could use these to hold things like hands?”

Rainbow Dash is just starting to get her breath back as she answers, “Sure, I guess. Even if it’s not possible, you'd still probably find a way to do it anyway.”

“Yea, you’re probably right.”

They continue to rest for a few more minutes before Pinkie Pie jumps to her hooves.

“Hey, do you think I could could do a rainboom like you?”

Rainbow Dash scratches her chin in contemplation.

“I don’t know, you need a lot of practice and a little bit of luck to get it right. Not to mention the physical training that is required to reach those speeds. Also you can’t chicken out during your di- uh... Pinkie?”

Rainbow Dash looks around but doesn’t see her hyperactive friend. She looks up and to her horror sees Pinkie Pie climbing as high as she can.

“Pinkie! Wait! It’s dangerous to try a rainboom without knowing how!”

Either Pinkie Pie didn’t hear her or she didn’t pay the blue pegasus any mind as she continues to climb. Then Pinkie Pie reaches an altitude that makes it difficult to breath and decides that this altitude is high enough. With that thought, she turns her snout towards the ground and begins to dive.

Rainbow Dash can only watch in worried terror as her best friend attempts to do the most difficult aerial maneuver known to pony kind.

“WHOOOOHOOOO!!!” Pinkie Pie yells in excitement as she pumps her wings to increase the speed of her descent. Not even the wind can wipe away the smile on her face as it breaks across her muzzle, causing her lips to flap and her eyes to water. A hazy white line begins to form around her outstretched hooves, a physical manifestation of the sound barrier itself. As the party pony gains more speed, the line becomes thicker and begins to bend around her form.

Rainbow Dash is in shock. Pinkie Pie might actually pull it off. She’s almost there... just a little more... and....

BOING!

“WHOA!WHOA!WHOA!!!” Pinkie cries out as the barrier she attempted to break stops her cold before bouncing her back several meters. Rainbow Dash winces slightly as she witnesses Pinkie Pie’s rebound stop in a tree, soon followed up by more winces as Pinkie Pie bounces down the branches before finally landing at the trees roots in a heap.

“Owie...” Pinkie Pie groans.

Rainbow Dash rushes from her cloud perch to her fallen friend, full of worry.

“Oh my gosh! Are you ok?”

“Yea,” Pinkie Pie groans as she slowly gets up and picks the leaves and twigs out of her poofy mane, “Just, remind me not to do that again anytime soon.”

Rainbow Dash finally allows herself a sigh of relief. She won't ever tell Pinkie Pie this, but the blue pegasus is quite relieved that her friend had failed the sonic rainboom. It’s not that she’s worried about her own reputation as the only pegasus that can pull off the most difficult aerial maneuver known to pony kind (... probably). Rainbow Dash was merely worried for Pinkie Pie’s safety had she succeeded. She knew from experience that it is very difficult to control the direction of one’s flight during a rainboom if one didn’t know how to. If Pinkie Pie had pulled it off, she very well could have ended up embedding herself into the ground at supersonic speeds.

“So... still want to take that break?” Rainbow Dash asks sheepishly.

Pinkie Pie merely nods before flying back to the cloud they had previously used and laying down with a huff. Rainbow Dash joins her shortly afterwards to rest up for a bit. A few minutes passed by in silence before both ponies slowly fall asleep for a mid-afternoon nap.


Finally, some food! I am practically drooling at the salads and fruits that are being presented in front of me.

Just for a recap, After we entered the castle we found ourselves, unsurprisingly, in the main hall with the large staircase at the end of it. I’ve seen this place before, but it’s still breathtaking when you are witness to its very size. Several of the servants gasped and stared at me as we walked passed, which is to be expected. I gotta give props to the guards, though. They didn’t even flinch when they saw me.

We went left after ascending the first half of the stairs and immediately entered a huge dining hall. Now when I say huge, I mean HUGE!!! The ceiling has to be at least four stories tall, with five huge, golden, magical chandeliers hanging from it. There are large windows implanted in the wall left of the entrance and tapestries with the sun and crescent moon emblazoned upon them hang along the pristine white walls between marble pillars. In the middle of the gigantic room is an equally huge table resting on a very long, crimson rug. The table is a very dark brown with a long table cloth running its length to match the rug. Intricate chandeliers and flower vases line the middle of the table. Surprisingly enough, the table is roughly human sized and has equally intricate chairs lining it. I was probably wide eyed for a good minute after we entered the dining hall.

When we reached the table, Celestia and Luna took a seat on either side of the head of the table. I asked Celestia why she didn’t take the head of the table, and she answered that it was meant for me from now on. I thought about offering the other head of the table, but then I realized that we would have to constantly yell just to hear each other. After I took my seat, several servants entered the hall either carrying platters of food with magic or balancing said platters on their backs. They seemed hesitant to approach me, but they did eventually lay out the platters before us, presenting us with a large selection of salads and fruits, as well as some hay and flowers here and there.

And thus we return to the present. In hindsight, I could have made myself some food, but too late now. I take a plate with a large green salad and what looks like a vinegar dressing. I then take a fork from my plate setting and immediately chow down. Absolutely delicious! The green leaves have a wonderful earthy taste which is only accented by the sweet and tanginess of the dressing.

For the next twenty seconds all that I know is “OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!” Ok, maybe not quite like that, since I still have the decency to eat with my mouth closed.

Only when I finish the salad and reach for some pears that I notice the sisters staring at me.

“What?”

“Nothing,” Luna answers, “It’s just that, we have never seen anypony eat this fast before.”

“What do ya want from me, I haven't eaten in...” I stop to think for a moment, “... a day and a half. Besides, I’ve always been a fast eater.”

I continue my feast by grabbing the pear that I had previously reached for and taking a large bite out of it. After I swallow, I get the urge to ask something else.

“So what’s going to be the procedure today?”

“Well,” Celestia answers, “First my sister and I shall send letters to all of the mayors in equestria, informing them of the upcoming announcement. We will give them two hours to prepare, and after that we shall make the announcement.”

“Letters via magic?”

“But of course.”

“Cool. So what am I going to do for two hours till then?”

“We could give you a tour of the palace,” Luna suggests.

“Or the city,” Celestia interjected.

“Going into public before the announcement?”

“We would accompany you, of course, to keep the panic down.”

“Yea... I’ll stick to the palace for now.”

“Very well, we will begin the tour when you finish eating.”

“Cool.” And with that, I resume to consume at my previous pace.


Five Minutes Later


“Whew,” I let out as I slump back into my seat. All platters that had been laid out before me are now completely bare, save for the ones that I can’t digest. I chuckle as I see the look of astonishment from the sisters while they stare first at me, then the empty platters, and then me again.

“Yea, I needed that.”

“Apparently...”Luna quietly says.

“So,” I say right before dramatically slamming my palms onto the table and lifting myself out of my chair, “Shall we?”

“Of course, my lord,” Celestia answers, “Luna, would you be so kind as to give our lord the tour? I have a few letters to send.”

“With pleasure,” Luna responds as she gets up onto her own hooves, “If you would just follow me, my lord.”

I respond with a nod.

“See ya later, Celestia.”

“Have a nice tour, my lord,” Celestia responds. With that, Luna leads me out of the dining hall and down one of the connecting corridors.


About thirty or so minutes in the tour, while we’re in the Canterlot Library, I have a sudden thought.

“Hey Luna.”

“Hmm?” Luna responds, looking towards me.

“You keep calling me lord. Is that actually a position, or something?”

“As a matter of fact, it is. My sister and I believe that you should be the successor of our father. We believe it is high time that Equestria be given a true king again.

… wat?

“Whoa, wait a minute.... King?”

“Of course.”

“You plan to crown a person you literally just met today as the ruler of your country. An eighteen-year-old no less.”

“If our father chose you, then he did so for good reason.”

“Yea..... Not happening.”

“W-what?”

“There is no way in hell I’m running a country. One, I hate politics, with a passion. Two, I’m only eighteen years old. Three, I wouldn’t even know how to run a country as a monarch to begin with.”

“Well... we could always teach you.”

“Nope, not happening. It doesn’t take a genius to see that me being king is a really bad idea.”

Luna looks down in disappointment as she says, “I... see.”

Wow, she doesn’t just look disappointed, she looks downright depressed. Everything about her is drooping now: her ears, her wings; hell, even her mane is looking less lively. Either way, though, there is no way I’m ruling a country. Why is she so down about this?

“What’s wrong with there being no king? You two have been doing a good job so far without one.”

“I suppose that’s true...”

“And what about your subjects? How do you think they would feel if a random stranger suddenly became their ruler completely out of the blue?”

“... They would not be happy,” Luna responds. “You are right, my lord. Perhaps my sister and I are just being a little too hasty.”

There is silence for a moment. Then Luna speaks up again.

“It’s just that... having a true king, one our father approved of, would have been just like it was during the golden ages, when our country was just beginning to thrive under our father’s ministrations.”

“I’m sorry...,” I respond, “but I’m not your father.”

Luna only nods, before regaining her composure and stating, “It was a foalish wish, either way.”

Though she is trying to stand tall, I can tell she still feels down about it. Then I come up with an idea.

“Well... I may not ever be king, but I could be a protector of sorts.”

Luna looks up at me with what I believe is a mixture of hope and bewilderment. Not quite sure, though. Maybe it’s just curiosity.

“How so?” She asks.

“Like for... national security and stuff. Whenever there’s an epidemic or disaster, it would be my job to take care of it. That sort of thing.” In hindsight, I would have never suggested this before coming here. But then again, I didn’t have god like powers before I got here.

Luna puts a hoof to her chin as she thinks for a moment. Then she smiles before turning her attention back to me and says, “I believe that can be arranged, my lord.”

“Cool,” I say. Luna looks visibly upbeat now, so that’s good.

“Anyway, shall we continue with the tour?”

Before I can respond, a glint of light catches my eye. I squint in annoyance before looking for the source of the offending light. What I see sparks my curiosity.

“Sure, one moment, though,” I say before heading towards the source of light.

What I find is a mirror. A tall (in pony standards), freestanding mirror at that. The sun had been sending light through the large window nearby and it was being reflected off of the mirror towards me. The reason that I have become so curious with this mirror is that I have yet see my own face since I got here.

I tilt the mirror up a bit so that I can see my own face, and I am stunned at what I see.

Because of how this world is so cartoonish, I don’t have a single strand of body hair on me, save for my pubes. My face is no different. Not even a tiny amount of stubble can be seen. Not only that, but my face has become more masculine, as well. My jaw is more chiseled, my cheek bones are slightly broader. My hair is still short yet curly, and my eyes are more blue. Yet it seems almost like they’re even more so. Before I got here, I had a bit of trouble with teenage-induced acne. Good thing there doesn’t seem to be any acne in cartoons, at least not where they aren’t purposefully drawn. Not even a single black head is visible on my face. All of my negative physical qualities seem to have been stamped out by cartoonish transformation.

I suddenly get a minor trip out as I contemplate how everything is a cartoon, yet tangible as if it were real. Kinda freaky how I’m able to get depth perception in a 2D world.

“Is there something wrong, my lord?”

My thoughts return to the present as I look over to Luna, who is wearing a look of concern.

“No, nothing’s wrong. It’s just that... I’ve never looked quite like this before.”

Luna trots over to my side and looks into the mirror with me.

“I think it is a good look,” Luna says with a smile.

Wait, that can’t be... I look at Luna first from the mirror, then turn to look at her directly. Yep, that’s a blush. Aw, now she’s trying to avoid eye contact. I find this surprisingly cute.

“Thanks,” I finally respond with a smile, “I think it’s a good look, too.”

… And there's that awkward silence again.

“So..., how did the wedding go?”

“Oh,” Luna says with a start. She must have been lost in thought. “well, I wasn’t there myself, but I can tell you what I was told.”

“Sounds good,” I say as we get walking again.


Celestia watches as the last letter burns up in magical fire before the sparkling ash blows away out the nearby window towards the last city. She gives off a sigh as she allows herself to think over the current situation.

A human has returned to Equestria. After nearly three thousand years Equestria can finally have a true king again. Celestia smiles at the thought, before her more rational mind takes hold.

Perhaps he is not fit to be king just yet. He did say he was only 18 years old. But when else is Equestria going to get this chance. Equestria needs a king.

… No... Equestria doesn't need a king, Celestia realizes, she wants there to be a king. To have another human, like father, rule as he did.

Celestia sighs again as she comes to this understanding. She’s being hasty about this and she knows it. She and Luna had ruled just fine without their father after Discord fell, and Celestia continued to rule even then after her sister was banished. Equestria has done just fine without a king.

...But still, it wouldn’t be that bad, would it?

Celestias thoughts then move to Joseph himself. He is a good soul, that she is sure of. He is already so strong, and the power he wields is a little intoxicating.

What? Celestia shook her head clear of that last thought. Why would power be intoxicating to her? She is Princess Celestia, benevolent ruler of Equestria. The corrupting temptation of power should have no sway upon her. That is how father had raised her.

Father... Joseph reminds her so much of him. He reflects the same strength and kind spirit she had looked up to so long ago. Not that he’s all that bad to look at either. A smile unknowingly spreads on Celestia’s muzzle as she thinks about Jacob in another light, and a small blush soon follows. She recalls their time in the library, when Jacob was petting (as he called it) the young pegasus, Fluttershy. The absolute bliss upon that pegasus’ face was enough to make Celestia slightly envious. She can not really remember if Father ever did that to her, Celestia was so young at the time. She wouldn’t mind trying it to find out.

Then another thought came to her. A very startling thought.

Was she falling for Joseph?

Celestias thoughts are stopped there, though, as the door to her study suddenly opens.

“And this is the royal study. Here my sister and I spend time to relax and look ov- Oh! Sister, I did not realize you were here.”

Celestia looks up from her laying position amongst some cushions to see her sister, Luna, and Lord Joseph. Celestia is startled to find that she is starting to feel rather hot while being in the same room as the human. Celestia cannot help but feel self conscious now. Is her current position on the cushions too revealing? Is her main alright? Is her horn polished? Is her- Celestia manages to bring herself to stop the barrage of stupid questions. She is a Princess. It just would not do to lose one’s composure in one’s own study.

“Sorry if we barged in on anything important,” Lord Joseph speaks up.

“No,” Celestia says while managing to keep her voice from cracking, “nothing at all. In fact, I just sent the last notice out.”

“Good,” Luna says. Then she takes on a very solemn look before continuing. “Sister, we must discuss about Lord Jacob becoming king.”

Celestia becomes curious at this as she responds, “What is the matter. I thought you were completely for Lord Jacob becoming king.”

“I am, but...”

“I’m not,” Lord Joseph speaks up.

“You aren’t?” Celestia says with surprise evident in her voice.

“Do I look like a guy that can run a country?” Lord Joseph responds while gesturing to himself.

Celestia bit back the urge to blurt ‘yes’ as she recalled what she herself had contemplated only mere minutes ago.

“(Sigh) No, I suppose not,” Celestia says while looking away.

“Sister?” Luna blurts out.

“I thought over what we had originally spoke of, and I have come to the conclusion that we were too hasty in our decision.”

“Thank you,” Lord Joseph blurts out while throwing his hands above him.

Celestia finds herself humored by this action, while Luna seems more confused by it.

Only too late did Celestia realize that both her and her sister were staring at him.

“Uh, sorry,” Lord Joseph says sheepishly, “I just really hate politics.”

Celestia giggles at this before commenting, “Don’t we all?”

“Anyway,” Luna speaks up, “While we can now all agree that kingship is not for Lord Joseph, the lord and I have come up with a different proposition.”

“Oh,” Celestia says, her interest piqued.

“While Lord Joseph does not do well with politics, he has suggested that he could take up the mantle of becoming Equestria’s guardian.”

“Guardian?” Celestia responds, both confused and curious.

“Yea,” Lord Joseph speaks next, “You know, the guy you go to if the country is in dire peril, or something like that.”

“Hmm...” Celestia hums as she thinks this over. “You would take it upon yourself to defend an entire country? Is that not just as large of a responsibility as being king?”

“Um, yeeeaaa... I guess so,” Lord Joseph responds while scratching the back of his head, “but at least I wouldn’t have to deal with politics. You just point me to ponies that need savin’ and I’ll save ‘em.”

Celestia mulls over this a little more before saying, “I like it. We shall do that, then.”

“Cool,” Lord Joseph responds.

“But we will need an official title for the position,” Luna speaks up, “Any ideas?”

“I think Guardian of Equestria will do just fine,” Celestia answers.

“Lord Joseph, Guardian of Equestria,” Luna tries out the new title, “I like it. It has a certain ring to it. What do you think, my lord?”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Then it’s settled,” Celestia says, “You shall be proclaimed as Lord Joseph Conrad, Guardian of Equestria. I will need to prepare the proper words for the announcement.”

“Very well then, we shall leave you in peace, sister,” Luna responds, “Come, my lord, there is still much of the castle that needs seeing.”

“Yea, sure,” Lord Joseph says before following Luna out of the study.

The moment the door to the study closes, Celestia lets out a sigh of relief. Throughout that entire exchange she had been trying to keep her blush down. Thousands of years of political experience helped in that regard, but she was nearly at her limit by the time they had left. Celestia put a hoof to her chest and could feel her heart still beating rapidly from the experience. Celestia is confused by this. After living thousands of years she now finds herself acting like a love struck filly, and it is only because of those thousands of years that she is able to hide it effectively.

She now had an undeniable answer to her earlier question that she herself did not entirely wish to admit.

She was falling for Joseph.


Meanwhile, somewhere far away from the security of the capital, something wicked this way comes.

Deep within the underground of the pony city of Staliongrad, lies dark and dangerous sewer pathways, used only by the toughest and the lowliest of scum that Equestria has to offer. Within these tunnels, lies a room, heavily barred and heavily hidden. Within this room, now stand six ponies, all dressed in long, black cloaks as to conceal their entire bodies. The six cloaked ponies stand in a circle, surrounding a large eldritch circle lined by many runes etched into the floor. Tall, brass tridents line the room with lit candles impaled upon their spikes. Laying in the middle of the eldritch circle lie the bodies of three ponies: an earth pony mare, a pegasus mare, and a unicorn mare. The three ponies lay unmoving, unbreathing, and perfectly preserved from the moment they died by magic.

One of the cloaked ponies speaks.

“Is all prepared for the ritual?”

Another answers.

“Yes, prophet.”

The first speaks again.

“Then let us begin. The Nightmare grows impatient, and is eager to walk amongst us once more. Remember, my brothers and sisters, that we must be vigilant in our incantations, for the ritual will only come to completion come nightfall. Only then will our faith be rewarded.”

The rest answers in unison.

“Yes prophet. Glory to the night.”

The profit responds.

“Glory to the night.”

And so they began. No one else knows what these six ponies do, nor if they heard would they understand the strange words that escape the six cloaked ponies’ lips.

Save for one. One fell spirit that had guided these six for the past year. That same spirit that hungers for revenge against both her other, and her other’s sister.

‘Soon,’ Nightmare Moon hungrily thought, ‘My night will finally fall upon those insolent ponies. They will love my night, soon enough.’

Comments ( 99 )

CADANCE! IT'S SPELLED CADANCE! ARGH!

Sorry, I see so many people spell it with an e... it's an a god damnit!

“Oh,” Celestia says, her interest peaked.

piqued* not peaked.

Also, profit? The word you're looking for is prophet.

Ok, some grammar stuff aside, this is starting to seem really odd to me because of the princesses falling for him. Especially because they somewhat see him as a newer version of their father. Nevertheless, I will still be watching this to see where you take it.

If I were to be in his shoes? I would probably create a new Soviet Union. But, I digress. Good written and all that.


Also, Not everypony hates politics :twilightsmile:

Okay, "profit" is what happens when you sell something for more than it took to manufacture, transport and maintain.
A "prophet" is a mystic who can supposedly see the future.

Equestrian Interpol?

Once again, Jacob --> Joseph.
There were a couple instances in previous chapters where "wain" should be "wane," and other such homonym errors. Sorry I didn't mark them.

Official awesomeness ranking withheld until he is called upon as Guardian to defend against Nightmare. Until then, I'll give this fic a provisional Tracking.

729642 How do you know he wasn't speaking to a magical, talking sack of bits? dun dun DUUUUUN!

You say 'profit' which is making money or similar. I think you mean 'prophet' which is a representative of a god or one who sees the future.

I believe the word you were looking for was "prophet" not "profit"...
what, everypony else was doing it, I just wanted to be popular.

729556 Actually it is spelled Cadence, after the musical term.

729556

Thanks, man. Gonna fix that right now

729696

Man how the hell did that happen?:twilightblush:

Writing Jacob instead of Joseph. God that's embarising:twilightblush::twilightblush:

730866
Actually, the character's name is spelled Cadance.

Just saying.

My dear organic writer.

I shall allow my digital glory to quote a small part of the story, as I want to comment on it.

Input quote.

"She now had an undeniable answer to her earlier question that she herself did not entirely wish to admit.

She was falling for Joseph."

Print result.

YES! ALL OF MY YES! DO IT! DO IT FAGGOT! DO IT YOU STUPID MEATBAG! MAKE IT HAPPEN! NOW!

Result displayed.

As you can no doubt see, I am very much yes behind that idea.

So I suggest you put it into action.

Or, you might please your Machine-God even more by making both of lovely pony princesses ( Tagged : Best Ponies ) fall for the organic protagonist, and having said protagonist fall for them/her in return.

I just have one request.

Make him stay in Canterlot.

Stories where the protagonist is centered around Canterlot but lives somewhere else ( Mostly Ponyville unfortunately ) are really....

Searching for proper word.

Word not found.

Printing closest find.

.... Silly.

So try to make him stay in Canterlot you glorious meatbag of a author.

AND MAKE SURE HE FALLS FOR THEM/HER OR I SHALL PERSONALLY RAIN HELL, FIRE AND IBM'S AT YOUR CURRENT LOCATION!

That is all.

Signing out.

-Sixteen, The Binary Scourge

My lord...My lord...My lord...My lord...My lord...My lord...My lord...My lord.... WASSAUP!!!!

732182
Holy shit I was thinking of that while writing this too:pinkiegasp:

732724 "Holy shit I was thinking of that while writing this too"
Loading...
...
...
Error 404, file not found.
then..... where is the guard stallion Gary?

BTW... what went through Shining's when he found out about a certain someone!

Joseph somehow got a snake wraped around his head.....''Luna, take up that stick...and slowly.... and carefully.... AGITATE THE HELL OUT OF THIS SNAKE!''

Do Joseph need to fit in with the herd?

Yes, so much win :pinkiehappy:

731960
Nice impression of HK-74 from SWTOR: KOTOR. At least I think that's what you were aiming at, all the "meatbags" kind of gave me the assumption.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loved the chapter! Can't wait for the next update.

735917

Dot.

Dot.

Dot.

I am dissapointed organic, that inferior lifeform you have designated as HK-74, and as I prefer to call him "Fleabag" is currently residing on one of my scrapyards, just a little west of the sun's core.

Compare me to that piece of smoldering metal again and I will make sure that the sun will be the only thing you see until you die.

Would you like a trip to the sun on my trusty steed, the IBM?

Logging off.

-Sixteen, The Binary Scourge

736111

Okie Dokie Lokie! :pinkiecrazy:

729556 cadance? i just call her candy :pinkiehappy:

i just wanna see which sister gets ahold of th' lucky bastard first.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

woot and stuff, also can there be a geriaff i next capter.:trollestia::moustache::eeyup::twilightsmile::heart:

Can you somehow tell us when should we except an update? It would be a marvelous xD

i would be like "make me king" and then get Celestia to do the poltics...

still waiting for the next chapter .....

WHy is it always the good ones that never get updates! -_______-

seriously Nightmare moon Vs The Creator it seems pretty one sided to me...still a great FIC!!

love the story yet the updates are very far apart :fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE GOOD STORIES THAT RARLEY GET UPDATED!?!?!?!?

THIS IS THE WORST. POSSIABLE. THING!!:raritycry::raritycry:

evil twisted magic with piles of dead ponies?! Jaybus! this story got real dark real fast.... :twilightoops:

732724

CONTINUE
THIS
STORY
THIS
INSTANT!

So is this story dead now or...? 19 weeks is a long time...

Please, go on.

no this story cant be dead it just cant:fluttershbad: CONTINE NOW:flutterrage:

Ah, here we go, commenting on the regularly updated story that is...

Wait a minute...

33 Weeks... 33 WEEKS.. NO

Maybe the author died!

...Looking up his page

NOPE! HE HAS BEEN ONLINE

Well, here's an idea. Instead of updating, at least tell us why it's taking so long, and please give us a possible ETA! PLEASE! THIS IS TOO GOOD!

BY ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLEASE CONTINUE THE STORY!!! :flutterrage:

...please? :fluttershysad:

Update pleeeeeease

Please continue this, even though I shy away from these kinda HiE(ie. Supper powerful-awsomeness) I like how you're handling this.

So if you want more chapters, give some more ausome comments =P.

Just how awesome are we talking? Because I'd really like a new chapter.:unsuresweetie:

i would like a new chapter as well

I do hope you decide to continue with this later on :pinkiehappy: fav and like from me.

*Sigh* well. I think a moment of silence is in order. No ipdate in over a year likely means it is. Dead. A damn shame too. This fanfic is outstanding.

*Sigh* well. I think a moment of silence is in order. No update in over a year likely means it is. Dead. A damn shame too. This fanfic is outstanding.

729952 I agree, in my opinion, the only good place for a harem is in a clop fic. In actual serious stories it just ruins the mood for me. At the present it is alright, just we need to defuse the situation with all these mares. THIS CAN BE DONE. For example, in Diaries of a Madman (best fic) Nav has gotten 4 of the Mane 6 and both princesses to fall in love with him without trying, and slept with all of them minus Applejack, thing is he want nothing serious, and defused the situations as the came (he's been there for 5+ years, so it wasn't just one big ball of sex). So you can still have Joseph be a Mare's Man without making this into a harem.

Login or register to comment