• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 3,226 Views, 125 Comments

A daughters life and purpose - Punsz



Are the changelings all gone? Is Chirp the last of her kind? Taking place two weeks after [i]"A mother's choice and consequences"[/i], Chirp is now being taken care by Twilight Sparkle. As she lives her new life in Ponyville,

  • ...
4
 125
 3,226

Part 1 Chapter 5

Dear Princess Celestia,



It has been about a year since Chirp started to live in ponyville with me, she about 6 years old from what I was able to find out. Things have been hard, but we’ll manage, some of the problems have soften, but there are still some ponies who still hold a grudge towards Chirp. She's still hearing the same voice sometimes I still have no idea what the problem is, but I'm still looking into it all, I'll let you know if I find anything. Anyhow, I start her magic training today since she's old enough now, she’ll also be getting flying lessons from Rainbowdash and Fluttershy. And thank you for sending Grunt, he might be a bit of a scare, but I feel as if Chirp would be a lot safer with him around. I’ll send you another letter next week on Chirp.



Your faithful student

Twilight Sparkle.



I placed the quill back in the ink glass, double checking my letter then a third time, I figured that it would be alright.

“Spike I have another letter!” Hearing small footsteps, Spike came running upstairs, handing him the letter, he took a deep breath and blew out a green flame engulfing the letter. “Where’s Chirp?”

“She’s downstairs with Grunt.”

“Alright, I’ll be down soon.” It’s been a year since Chirps arrival to Ponyville and well things haven’t been easy. I think back to all the problems that occurred over the years. So many ponies would always try to get Chirp in an “Accident”, but thank Celestia that she’s alright. I asked the princess for a little more protection for her, so she sent a guard named Grunt.

Now Grunt wasn’t really one of those happy go lucky stallions that you see here in Ponyville, no he was a very stoic stallion always having that blank face. Though I’m told he good at what he does, so I guess that’s not of a worry. I started to make my way downstairs when I started to hear someone having a conversation.

“How was your day Miss Perry Wrinkles?” I turned my head to see Chirp sitting down in front of a small table, where a small tea cup set was set up.

“It was simply just marvelous.” My eyebrow was raised when I heard the voice. I turned my head towards the far end of the table and saw the tough stallion pretending to sip tea from his cup.

“Ahem.” They both looked up at me.

“Um miss Sparkle I was uh.” He quickly placed down the cup, he starts to blush in embarrassment.

“Please Grunt call me Twilight I thought we went over this.”

“Twilight Twilight! do you want to play tea party too?” I looked down at the chirping young changeling, a smile on my face.

“Sorry Chirp maybe later, today I’m going to start teaching you how to use magic.” The little filly gave me a confused look. I levitated her up and placed her on my back.

“Magic?” She chirped, Grunt quickly stood and followed as Chirp and I left the library.

“That’s right, since you have a horn just like me you can use magic.” Her ears shot up.

“You mean I can do magic like you?” I nodded. We walked until we came to a small white table, it had a few burned marks, some dents, and a few scratches.

“This is where I practice my magic, and so will you.” She jumped in glee, she started to ramble about what kind of magic she’ll be able to perform.

“Can I walk through walls, make things disappear?” She kept on rambling and rambling. ‘GASP!’ “Can I turn Spike into an orange?” Her excitement caused me to laugh.

“Slow down there, you still have a long way to go before any of that.” This caused her to frown.

“Aww, but I want to do cool magic stuff like you.” Her butt fell to the floor as she made a pout; I sat down next to her.

“Don’t worry you’ll be able to do all those things when you get older and practice.” Chirp looked at me with an annoyed look.

“But that will take forever!”

“That’s what I did, I worked hard and studied and practiced every day.” She let out a small sigh, I tried to cheer her up by telling her what she’ll be learning, which I was sure it would cheer her up. “Come on Chirp let’s start your lesson.”

“Ok.” I walked up to the table with Chirp slowly walking up next to me, still pouting. I picked up a small apple and placed it on the table. “Is it lunch time?”

“No, we’ll be using this to practice.”

“An apple?” I nodded my head,

“Here just watch.” I looked at the apple and concentrated my magic, my horn started to glow a deep shade of lavender, within seconds the apple was in the air floating around. Chirp stared in awe, her wings buzzing in excitement, I gently placed the apple back on the table and my magic faded as I released the fruit from my grasp. I walked up to Chirp and pointed at the apple. “Here you try.” she raised an eyebrow.

“I can’t do that.”

“Don’t worry I’ll walk you through it, now concentrate on the apple.” Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and started to concentrate on the apple. “Now use your source of power from within and then see yourself lifting the apple.” She started to scrunch up her nose, a magical hue of teal started to surround the apple. It started to tilt and wiggle. “That’s it now focus on lifting the apple.” The fruit started to rise in the air, everything was going great until.

“Ah there you both are.” This startled Chirp as she jumped in surprise, the apple shot straight at Grunt who had no idea what the object in front of him was.

‘SMACK!’

“HEAD SHOT!” I looked to see where that came from, looking up in a tree I saw Pinkie Pie in a tree.

“Pinkie?”

“HITWILIGHTBYETWILIGHT!” She stuck her head back in the tree and vanished.

“Uh ok then.” I then remembered Grunt who was on the ground. I run to his side, the apple literally was smothered all over his face. “Uh Grunt are you alright?” He gives off a small groan.

“Ugh my head.” I helped him sit up as he was recovering from the hit, hearing a small chirp, we turned to see Chirp looking up at us. Her eyes had tears forming around them.

"Chirp what's wrong?" We both looked at Chirp to see her in tears.

"I'm sorry Mr. Grunt." We sighed seeing that there was no real problem, Grunt got up and walked towards Chirp.

"It's alright, I'm fine see." He lifted off his helmet and placed it on the ground, revealing his face, his grey mane falling to the side. He was a typical earth pony well-built and strong, he had a few scar on face, each having its own tale. "But I will admit that was a tasty treat." This made Chirp giggle. I walked up to the two, taking a seat next to Chirp, I looked up at the sun seeing it set.

"Well I think that's enough for today, we'll work on levitation some more tomorrow."

"Chirp." I placed Chirp on my back, we started walking back to the library, as the day began to darken, it started to get harder to see things. As we walked back, I thought I saw several figures run past us.

"Did you see that?" I asked. Grunt took a few steps in front of me to investigate the area.

"I don't see..what the!" Grunt ducked down to dodge a stone brick. "Twilight stay back!" I took steps back away and looked behind me to make sure Chirp was still there. I noticed two figures approaching me, there a flash of light, I took a defensive stance, my horn glowing a magical aura.

"What do you want now can't you leave us alone!" The two beings were wearing black hood that was covering their faces.

"Give us the bug and you won't get 'ACK!'" One of the stallions gagged, Grunt stood behind him grabbing in a choke hold. His partner made a run for it, making his way back into the shadows.

"Twilight are you alright?" I nodded my head. Grunt threw the hooded stallion into the shadows. I sighed in relief as the danger was gone. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Chirp are you alright?" No answer. "Chirp?" Nothing, I turned around to see her gone. "Oh dear Celestia where is she!?"

"Wasn't she with you?"

"I'm pretty sure she was, how could she just...that flash!"

"What flash?" I explained to him that when the two stallions approached me, one of them made a bright light.

"Come on we have to find her!"

"Come on then, we could follow their trail, just shed some light." My horn started to glow, we both made our way through the night, with Grunt tracking their tracks.

Author's Note:

Chirps age during parts.
Part 1: 5-7
Part to:10-13
Part tree: 16-18
Part poor: 21-23

Yes there are going to four parts........idk if should be a spoiler or not, but yeah.....sooooooooo uh hmmm SMOKE BOMB! ~POOF~