• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 3,227 Views, 125 Comments

A daughters life and purpose - Punsz



Are the changelings all gone? Is Chirp the last of her kind? Taking place two weeks after [i]"A mother's choice and consequences"[/i], Chirp is now being taken care by Twilight Sparkle. As she lives her new life in Ponyville,

  • ...
4
 125
 3,227

Part 3 Chapter 5

“Come on Twilight!” I shout my wings buzzing in excitement. My sattle bag rustling and flopping against my side as I hop skipped and jumped along the path.

Walking up to me was the mare herself her deep in a map.

“Hmm I think we’re going the wrong way,” Twilight says to herself. “Maybe it was supposed to be that way?” Lowering the map, Twilight looks around with a confuse look. “Hmm maybe we’re supposed to go that way.”

“Twilight hurry up!” I say rushing back over to Twilight and push the map down. “We have to get their before it gets too dark.”

Using her magic, Twilight pulls the map back up straightening it out.

Not too far behind is Spike with two large backpacks hanging behind his broad back. An annoyed expression covering his face.

“Oh, sure ask the big purple dragon to carry all the heavy stuff.” He says. “Oh, Spike you’re such a big strong dragon carrying two camping bags is nothing for you.”

“Spike!” I shout back at him. “Race ya to the camp grounds.”

He lets out a puff of smoke a small grin growing on his face.

I let out a giggle as the ground begins to shake as the purple drake begins to run at me full speed. I start to sprint down the path doing my best for him to stay behind me.

“Hey you two!” Twilight shouts.

I turn my head around to see Spike almost bulldozing through the bushes and trees his huge frame ignoring everything in his path. A smile grows on my face as I start to increase my speed and jump over bushes and slide under branches.

A spark of pink catches my eye making me look around unaware of a tree in front of me.

“OOF!” I start to see stars as my body is hugging a tree. I hear Spike running past me laughing his tail swinging happily.

Grabbing my head, I let out a groan as it starts to wobble.

“Chirp!” I hear Twilight who teleports right in front of me. “Are you alright?” She places a hoof around my head and inspects the light bruise forming on the side. “I would’ve thought all that training would’ve made you more aware of your surroundings.” Her tone was almost a teasing one with a hint of worry behind it.

My wings flutter as I pick myself up from the ground blowing my mane away from my face.

“Something caught my eye and I thought I saw something…weird.”

Twilight helps me up and checks for any injuries.

“I’m sure it was just some plants or some animal.” Twilight smiles and turns towards the direction Spike ran. “Come on let’s hurry before Spike has time to figure out a victory dance for himself.”

When we reach the camp site, Spike was already giving up a sly grin as he begins to do a little dance and chant. Ignoring him, I start to make our tents and while Twilight and Spike gets the fire ready.

“Chirp we’re going to get some wood for the fire.” She calls out. “We won’t take long.” The two of them venture into the woods the sounds of their feet crunching on smaller twigs and sticks.

As I put on the finishing touches of the tents I start to hear…or rather feel something. Poking my head up I look around and see nothing. Shrugging my shoulder, I walk over to my backpack only to stop when the same feeling comes back to me.

It felt like a vibration of some kind…nothing from the ground…but as if it was coming from the air.

“Hello?” I call out. “Twilight…is that you?” I wait for an answer, but I’m only given the same vibration that I’ve been hearing.

The sound of a snapping twig catches my attention making me turn around.

“Spike?”

Within the dense forest I can see multiple pink glowing figures with their eyes being the same color looking back at me.

“Hello?” I slowly make my way towards them curiosity getting the better of me. Once I’m at the edge of the campsite I start to see their sharp teeth smiling back at me.

Two of them are then engulfed in a pink flame causing them to turn into large beetles with two sharp pincers on the side of the heads. They jump at me there with pincers ready.

If it weren’t for my years of training I would’ve been skewered like a marshmallow. I push myself back just as the two slams onto the ground causing the earth to break and crack.

The two let out a screech as they ready themselves up again and begin to charge at me.

“Who are you?” I shout dodging another strike from the two. I all I got from them were some clicks from there mouths as they continue their assault. “I don’t want to hurt you-ack!” The third being strike my back as I was too busy dodging the other two. I fall to the ground pinned down by the being behind me.

I struggle to see who it is on me, but when I’m able to get a glimpse my eyes grow eye.

Above me stood a changeling, but unlike the ones I’ve seen whose eyes are blue this one’s eyes are pink. And the horrifying holes on the side of its mouth sent chills down my spine.

I try to push the changeling off my back, but she has me pinned down.

“Please do struggle more.” The changeling says with a wicked smile.

My eyes grow wide as fear begins to fill my body just from the tone of her voice.

“I was expecting more from you, but I suppose with such weak blood in you this is all to be expected.” A short clicking comes from her mouth. “shred and tare.” She reels back with her mandibles opening wide showing off her sharp teeth. She brings her head down to strike her fangs only mere inches from my face.

A loud roar forces everyone to freeze and the sound of stampede causes everyone to look around.

Within seconds a fiery purple drake crashes out of the woods with green flames seething out of the side of his mouth.

One of the giant beetles let out a screech and charge at Spike only to be burnt to a crisp. It charred formed is engulfed in pink magic as it changes back into its original form of a changeling.

The changeling above me looks arounds and seems to have ordered a retreat but before she could do anything else she’s blasted by a giant beam of magic that sends her flying deep into the woods with an explosion following soon after.

The one remaining changeling quickly flies off with its wing buzzing as fast as they could to get away.

“Chirp!” Twilight rushes towards me. “Are you alright?” She inspects me checking me for injuries. When she sees that I’m alright let alone a couple of bruises and a few scratches she wraps her hooves around me. “Oh, thank good ness you’re alright! Spike and I heard the screeches and the shakes and and…oh thank Celestia you’re not hurt.”

I don’t say a word as realize that my stay here is now ruined and the swarm of questions just got a whole lot bigger.

Comments ( 2 )

first comment

Hope you return to this someday. I like! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment