• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 3,225 Views, 125 Comments

A daughters life and purpose - Punsz



Are the changelings all gone? Is Chirp the last of her kind? Taking place two weeks after [i]"A mother's choice and consequences"[/i], Chirp is now being taken care by Twilight Sparkle. As she lives her new life in Ponyville,

  • ...
4
 125
 3,225

Part 3 Chapter 1

My eyes shot open, as I find myself in a rather large bed, the pillows literally the size of half my body. This wasn’t my room, everything was too big. The bed the tables and the lack of books began to worry me.

“Am I in Canterlot?” I asked myself. Getting myself out of the rather large bed, I made my way towards the big wooden doors of the room. Upon opening the door, I was meet by a dark hallway. I was undecided whether if I should out and loom for someone. My mind was made up when my nose caught the whiff of something tasty.

Without even thinking all too much I started to follow my nose as it guided me through the dark halls. The more I walked the stronger the smell got. Further down the hall I could see a light emitting from a large door that was slightly open.
Standing in front of the massive door, I inched my head closer to it and took a peek inside. In the room I saw three very familiar ponies, all three sitting in front of a fire with a freshly made cake sitting on a tray in front of them. Looking at the pony sitting in the center of the two, my body started to move towards the familiar lavender unicorn. I was about to open the door, until my ears perked up at the sound of faint cries.

“Please Twilight,” Celestia looked down at Twilight, her expression soft, “I know this is very hard for you, but it must be done.” Her voice was soothing and comforting.

Listening closely I could here.

“But she’s still so young,” Twilight's voice choked as she spoke between tears and gasps. “Can’t this wait until she was older?”
Celestia nodded her head. Luna came up next to Twilight her face also having a sad expression.

“We know that this must be hard you, Twilight Sparkle, but you must consider the fact that with the news of the changeling race being sighted at our borders Chirp must be prepared to rule her people.”

“But she still too young!” Twilight nearly yelled. I looked at the three through the small opened crack of the door. Taking a few steps closer, I didn’t notice that the door was a lot more loose than I expected. All three mares looked back at me, their eyes wide. Twilight cleared her throat, wiping away some of her tears. “Chirp...I didn’t know you were awake?” Motioning me to come closer I made my way to Twilight.
“Twilight?” I take a seat next to her, “What’s wrong?”

“Chirp?” I looked up to see Celestia looking at me. “I’m sure you know that your training with Luna was to help you to be a better ruler yes?”

I slowly nod my head.

“Well it seems that it is now time for the second part of your training.” I tilt my head in confusion. “This portion will require you to be trained by both Luna and I.” Ok I guess that makes sense, but why was Twilight crying? I look at the mare next to me, her tears slowly reappearing.

“Oh that’s good I guess...” I said, unsure whether I should be happy or worried.
Celestia let out a small sigh. “I’m afraid though that you must continue your lessons here...in Canterlot.”

“So I’ll be riding the train to canterlot everyday then?” I asked.

“No you will be staying with my sister and I so that your training may be more efficient.” Added Luna. It finally hit me.
I look up at the two princesses and then back to Twilight, my eyes started to water.

“But...I...stay...want.” Without saying any more, I did the only thing that came to mind. I ran out the room as fast as I can.

“Chirp wait!” I ignored the cry from Twilight as I made a run for it through the halls. I tried to hold back the tears that were trickling down the side of my face. I found myself in the castle garden, plants and stone statues decorated the garden, a small pond at the center. I hid in one of the bushes so that I wouldn't be seen by anyone. I let out small whimpers, I tried to muffle my cries with my hoof. They were pretty much useless .

“Stupid no good holed hoofs.”

“Oh whats with the long face.” My face started to stretch forward. Turning my head I saw that no one was with me.

“Who said that?” The only thing around was a couple of small flowers, a wooden bench and a small rock with eyes, wait eyes? Within seconds the rock started to morph into a very familiar brown draconequus emerged.Though he only was the size of a small bird.

“Now, why oh why is there a crying shapeshifter hiding in a bush.” At the word of shapeshifter, Discord snapped his fingers causing me to morph into a small duck and then a cat, but then back to myself.

“Leave me alone.” I spat, wiping away some of my tears. “I’m not in the mood to play right now.”

“Now now that’s no fun.” The miniature draconequus pestered.

I paid him attention, I glared down at the ground a new fresh batch of tears threatening themselves to pour out.

“I don’t want to leave.” I suddenly say. Discord gave me a confused look.

“What was that now?” He asked. Without even looking at the god of chaos I started to blabber out everything.

“I don’t want to leave Twilight,” I shouted, “Why do I have to leave now, I don’t care if I’m princess or whatever.” My hooves now covered my tear/snot covered face. “I even want to stay at the library with all those boring old dusty books, I want to sleep in the same room where Twilight would tuck me in and read me stories, I want to stay where everyday I would go to Twilight and tell what fun I had that day.” I started to cry out all this not caring who or what was listening.

“Oh come now,” Discord snapped his fingers and within seconds my tears and boogers disappeared. “just because you leave someone doesn’t mean that they’ll forget about you.”

I turned to look at the chaos being, a small hiccup escaped my mouth.

“You know with the age we live in now you could always send letters by pigeon, pegasi, dragon breath,” A small grin grew on his face, “you can use a little small rabbit though you need a hint of magic, though the consequences can lead to another scowl or even being sent to the time out corner of the cottage.”

I let out a small giggle.

“Now my young shape shifting friend lets not dwell here, as a spirit of chaos and mischief its not healthy for me to be cooped up like this. With another snap of his fingers, he teleported us into one of the main halls of the castle. “Now I’m a very certain unicorn is looking for you.”

As if on cue Twilight came running down the halls, her eyes filled with tears. Following close behind were the three alicorn princesses.

Author's Note:

Oh My Gurd it's alive!?!?!

Yeah sorry for taking foreva to post, but yeah here it is hope ya'll enjoy and as always......................................................................................................................................................................................................................~SMOKEBOMB~