• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 3,227 Views, 125 Comments

A daughters life and purpose - Punsz



Are the changelings all gone? Is Chirp the last of her kind? Taking place two weeks after [i]"A mother's choice and consequences"[/i], Chirp is now being taken care by Twilight Sparkle. As she lives her new life in Ponyville,

  • ...
4
 125
 3,227

Part 2 Chapter 8

The games were amazing there were archery matches, medieval hoof ball, and my personal favorite jousting. I sat in my seat watching as all the games and matches were coming to an end. I didn't even notice that the sun was already down, looking around I noticed torches being lit around the whole festival.

"My fellow ponies it seems that today's games have ended!" Everyone looked up from their seats and gazed at the well armored princess sitting in her chair. "I kindly ask that you all head back to your tents and have a good night's rest for tomorrow a special kind of entertainment will be presented to you all!" Letting out a cheer the ponies in the stand made their way back to their own tents. Looking up at Twilight I saw that she was just as excited as I was.

"So what do you think of the first day?" She asked as we made our way back to our tent. I still had a big smile on my face that could almost match Pinkie's.

"Where do I start." I was literally hopping around Twilight. "First there are the games, then there are the acting ponies!"

"You forgot the special event that will be held tomorrow." I turned around to see Luna standing in front of Twilight and me.

"Princess Luna!" Her attire was quite similar to her royal armor...actually it is her royal armor. We gave each other a hug as we greeted each other.

"I hope that the festivals are to your liking young Chirp." Nodding my head with rapid speed my faced showed only the sight of pure excitement.

"It's awesome all the games are fun and watching all those sports stuff was cool." I started to feel jumpy as the excitement was building up in me. "I can't wait for whatever is going to happen tomorrow."

"Speaking of which I would like to talk to you about the "special" event." I looked up at her with a confused look.

"Is there something the matter?" Twilight asked. Looking around just in case someone was to hear their conversation Luna motion both Twilight and me to follow her. Leading us through the crowds I notice that long wooden poles being planted onto the ground as sun could barely be seen at the horizon. The princess lead us to a rather large tent and comparing this one to the one Twilight and I stayed at the made our tent look like a cardboard box. Pulling open the entrance of the tent, Luna motioned us to enter. Upon entering I literally felt my jaw drop followed by the sound of an anvil. The inside of the tent literally looked like the princess royal bed chambers at Canterlot.

“Wow.” Was all I could say. This earned a small giggle from the princess.

“Impressive isn’t it.” Looking back at her I only nodded my head. Twilight came up behind her the look of amazement on her face as well. “This is only of the many perks of being co-ruler.” I ran up to her rather large bed in the center of the room. Jumping onto the bed I let out a relaxed sigh. The bed was one of the softest things I’ve ever felt.

“This...is...amazing.” I said. The princess walked over to the bed and took a seat next to me. Twilight took a seat on one of the chairs and faced both the princess and me. Clearing her throat both Twilight and my attention fell on the blue princess.

“Now the reason I have asked you to come with me was to ask a favor for you.” Sitting up I looked at the princess curious.

“Sure, why not Twilight?” I looked at Twilight who smiled back me.

“Well as you both know a large event will be held tomorrow, yes?” We both nodded our head, princess Luna turned her attention to Twilight. “I was wondering if Chirp my partake in the final event with me?” Confused Twilight looked from me then back to the princess.

“Which event are you...you don’t mean?” Luna nodded her head.

“The royal duel of the crown.” Luna answered. I looked at the two completely lost without any idea of what they were talking about.

“What's that?” I asked. Twilight turned towards me clearing her voice. “Oh boy.” I muttered under my breathe readying myself for a long explanation.

“Well the royal duel of the crown is the last and most anticipated event, it’s where the crown ruler duels a challenger who tries to defeat the current ruler and become the new ruler.” Raising her hoof Twilight pointed at the Princess. “So far the princess is standing ruler.” I looked at the princess who seemed to smile at the small praise she was getting. “So what the princess wants to ask is that if you could challenge her this year.” My eyes grew wide at what they were asking me.

“Think of it like a typical training spar but only this time we’ll have an audience.” Luna pointed out.

“The match is only thirty minutes long.” Twilight continued. “The only way to win is to steal the crown before the time runs out.”

“So what it doesn't sound that hard, steal the crown and win.” I said. “It's not like we’ll be fighting with magic and weapons...right?” I looked at the princess who had a sheepish smile on her face.

“I thought that to make the event more exciting we would fight just as we would train.” My jaw literally dropped as the information I just learned came to mind. They want me to fight the one pony who I could never win against in a fight for the past years of my life. “Don’t worry about the damage I have my best unicorns making us a protective barrier around the area so that means you can go all out.” She said. I gave her a deadpan look.

“Does that mean you’ll be going all out as well?” I asked. This made the princess laugh.

“Who know, does that mean you accept?” I looked at Twilight to see if she had any saying. She shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t mind, but promise me you’ll be careful and not do anything reckless.” I nodded my head and faced the princess who waited for my response.

“I’ll do it.” A large smile grew on the blue alicorns face.

“Splendid!” The princess cheered. “Come to my tent tomorrow after some of the eating events.” I nodded my head as I followed Twilight out of the tent.

“Bye Luna goodnight!” I waved. Nodding her head she sunk back into her tent. Making back to our tent I saw that Spike was already sleeping in one of the beds. A river of drool trickled down the side of his mouth. Twilight and I made our way to the other bed and prepared to sleep as well. I looked up at Twilight who was taking of her costume wrapping the pieces of clothing with her lavender aura. “Twilight?”

“What is it?” She asked looking back down at me.

“Do you think I can win tomorrow?” I asked. A warm smile grew on her face, taking her position next to mine on the bed. Twilight wrapped her hooves around me in a hug. I chirped at the all too familiar comfort and embrace.

“If you do your best I’m sure you can.” She said. I snuggled up to her as we both laid in bed.

The next day Twilight, Spike and I made our way back to the stadium for the rest of the games and competitions. Twilight and Spike wore their costumes from yesterday. Since I was being part of one of the competitions for today Twilight ultimately made me wear the costume she prepared for me yesterday.

“Why do I have to wears this again?” I asked.

“Because if you’re going to be in an event you have at least look the part.” I let out a low grumble as we made our to the stadium. I noticed Spike entering through a different entrance following some of the other contestants.

“Spike where are you going?” The purple knighted drake turned back towards with a goofy smile.

“I’m going to be i one of the events this year.” He said with great pride.

“Which one?” I asked.

“You’ll have to wait and see.” With a wave he entered the competitor entrance with the rest of the competitors. I looked up at Twilight who just shrugged her shoulders.

“Don’t look at me.” She said. “I had no idea he was even doing anything this year.” We both took our seats within the stands and prepared ourselves for the events to come. First was a game of the minds where ponies would have to solve problems and riddles. No one was really paying attention to that other than...Twilight.

"Oh come on that answer was so simple!" Twilight yelled from her seat earning a few strange stares from the ponies around us. I sunk down in my seat in embarrassment as the lavender pony next to me began to become enraged. After that event came the pie eating event, stallions of various sizes entered the stage following the last stallion a rather familiar purple drake strode out with his chest puffed out.

"Spike?" Taking their seats the contestants prepared themselves. With the sound of the bell they were off. They shoved their faces into the desert, I noticed that the stallion at the far right was running through his set of pies placing a pan down and working on his next pie. Spike on the other hand was eating both pie and tin. I looked up at Twilight who was cheering on Spike with excitement. "Is it fair that he's even participating...aren't dragons suppose to have bigger stomachs than ponies?" Twilight shrugged her shoulders. "Wait if he eats that fast won't he?" Looking back at the event I noticed that Spike was down on the floor, a sick look as he started to turn into a darker shade of purple.

"Ugh...he knows that he gets a stomach ache fast if he eats too fast." Twilight groan annoyed. Both Twilight and I let out a small sigh. The contest ended with the stallion from earlier winning at a total of ten pies. Spike laid down next to as he was trying to ease himself of his aching stomach. Twilight looked down at the drake with a frown. "Honestly I thought you would've learned your lesson from last year." Spike weakly looked up at Twilight with a smile.

"Hey...at least I finished two whole pies this time."

"Lady Chirp?" Looking up, my eyes meet a pair of golden brown eyes staring back me. One of princess Luna's night guard dressed up as a bard of some sort. "The princess is asking for your presence, she says that the final event is about to start. Nodding my head I turned towards Twilight.

"Twilight I'll be going now." Twilight looked up at me a small hint of worry on her face.

"Alright be careful now alright...don't overexert yourself alright and don't do anything too risky and." I cut her off to stop her from giving me a whole lecture of being careful.

"I got be careful...I will." Giving her a quick hug I followed the lunar guard. I meet princess Luna in front of two large wooden doors.

"Ah Chirp I hope that you are ready for the event." Honestly, I felt really nervous I could feel my heart racing.

"Would be alright if I said that I was nervous?" I asked looking up at the princess who in return gave a small giggle.

"It is alright just think of this as another one of our training spars." Closing her eyes the princess started to channel her magic. Engulfing herself in her magic I covered my eyes from the bright blue light. Her magic settling down I looked up to see the princess reequipped in her royal lunar armor with her dual blades sheathed on her sides. "Here this should be of some assistance to you." I was soon surround in magical aura, the costume I was wearing started to harden and mold. The spikes sharpened and the plastic plates became steel, but surprisingly light.

"What the?" I looked up at the princess who only smile back me. "This looks...cool!"

"I am glad you like it." Turning towards the door the princess prepared herself. "Good luck to you Chirp." I nodded my head as the large wooden doors opened revealing the stadium. The two of us stepped out and made our way to the center of the stadium. "Welcome my little ponies of Neighmor!" The ponies from the stands cheered. "I'm sure you all know what is to come." The cheering started to get louder as the excitement grew. "The battle for the crown this year's challenger is young pony that goes by the name Chirp the keeper of the swarm."

"Keeper of the swarm?" The princess gave me a wink as she continued.

"Now without anymore further waiting let the dual begin!" The crown grew quiet as the two of prepared ourselves. The princess stood a few feet away from me, using her magic she covered her face with her black hood and showed off her glowing white eyes. No of us moved as we both waited for the other to make the first move. I materialized my scythe and got into a readied stance.

The princess dashed forward with her blades raised and ready to strike. On instinct I swung my scythe and blocked the two falling blades. This caused Luna to jump back a few spaces.

It was my turn to strike, I flicked my scythe changing it to its spear form and fired it directly at her. She sidestepped the projectile with ease this was my queue, I tugged the stick end of my scythe causing the chain to start looping around the princess's leg. This caught her off guard. I pulled the chain towards me with the princess following it. A smirk grew on my face as I thought of how I fooled her, but my smirk quickly faded as I notice the look on her face. Instead of having a look of surprise she had a smirk as well. She dug her blades into the ground to stop her advance.

"Oh come on." I whined. Using her magic she grabbed onto the chain and with surprising strength she pulled me towards her. Using my own magic I casted a teleporting spell on myself making me reappear behind her. Dematerializing my scythe, I fired off three bolts of magic which she deflected with ease. My breathing was deep and quick the spell and attack was tiresome. 'I should've known that would've been too easy.' I thought to myself. The princess dashed towards me her blades at the ready. I casted another spell creating a bubble around me to stop the attack. "The lectures might have been long, but these spells were so worth it." I looked up to the stands to see Twilight cheering me on. I could sense my magic weakening and my aura glowing dimmer. 'I need to end this soon.' I thought. My little bubble shield faded allowing the princess to have an opening. With the best of my ability I rematerialized my scythe...or so I thought I did.

"You never told me you had a new weapon in your magical arsenal." Confused I looked at what I thought was my scythe, but to my surprise it was a rapier.

"What the...I thought...when did this happen?" I asked confused. Within the confusion I didn't notice the princess firing a rather large energy bolt. "Aw crap." With the large blast of magic making contact with me I flew black and landed on the ground with a loud thud. "Ugh...my head." Looking up I was face to face with the tip of one of her blades in front of my face. I could barely keep my open weakly I looked up at the princess who had a warm/approving smile on her face.

"Well done." She said dematerializing her blades. "That was quite impressive." A large goofy mile grew on my face as my mind began to blank and my vision going dark.

Author's Note:

Welp people........this is the last chapter of part 2 aww man! Don't worry about the cliffhanger everything will be explained in part 3 that was not explained in part 2.
Oh and sorry that it awhile to post this with school and work and my book time is a little strained, but no worries I vill finish this story.


Once again thank and enjoy.....I'm off!!!!~SMOKEBOMB~