• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 35,324 Views, 9,850 Comments

The Wheel and the Butterfly A Dan X Pinkie Pie Saga - Justice3442



Pinkie Pie finds herself adjusting to a new, hostile world, with a new hostile friend. Can they make it through this new misadventure together, or is it the universe that needs to watch out for them?

  • ...
95
 9,850
 35,324

PreviousChapters Next
Part 9 Dan Vs. The Order Keepers: Epilogue

The Wheel and the Butterfly



A Dan X Pinkie Pie saga



Part 9 Dan Vs. The Order Keepers



Epilogue

-ooooooo-

SHORYUKEN!

‘Crack!’

The grim king felt the sharp pain at his chin, quickly followed by a sharp pain at his neck, then…

…nothing…

Well, not quite. He could still perceive he was falling, that he had lost his crown, and some other things even his now dimmed senses, usually enhanced by the crown, could still feel.

He closed his eyes and focused.

She broke my neck…

Without the crown it will take time to fix…

…I have no time.

The Order Keeper king resigned himself to his fate, the one thing he had always had in abundance having been robbed from him.

Pfffuuuu…

Instead of a thud, there was the sound like smoke quickly wafting out, as if suddenly released into the air.

Instead of death there was clarity.

The grim king’s senses began to return to him, as did the halo above his white, glowing eyes.

He heard the lamentations of his people.

“What have they done?!”

“They have brought death!”

“He is the Ruinator! He will end us all!”

“How can this happen?!”

“What will become of us?!”

“SILENCE!” TOK’s king commanded.

His ethereal subjects obeyed.

His eyes focused up, just in time to witness the portal to the human’s world be torn asunder.

More energy lost…The human’s will is strong. Strong enough to disallow himself to be separated from The Warper. Strong enough to bend The Nexus to his will and use its energies to reach out into the cosmos… Had he simply remained in The Nexus long enough for the fall to kill me, he would likely be the new ruler…

I suppose I am lucky…

The grim king’s eyes narrowed. ‘Luck’ was not a thing he or his people tended to give much stock in, and the very idea of entertaining it as a factor was unnerving to say the least.

He began to concentrate, focusing on the differences that had befallen his realm.

The door…It is from the human’s world…

The bank vault suddenly vanished from The Nexus, revealing the crushed corpses of the Order Keepers below. Those near it looked upon the mess fearfully and began to quickly drift away from the grizzly scene.

Their weapons…

…As much as I am loath to do it, they must be returned…

Dan’s bat and Pinkie’s crowbar also vanished from The Nexus.

The animals…

The grim king’s eyes shot open wide as his focus drifted over the snakes.

…did not exist anywhere until a few minutes ago…DAMN THE WARPER!

TOK’s king decided to move on. Focusing on the diagonal stone trap he had created, and returning it to its previous form.

…Matter manipulation…such a waste of energy…

His eyes drifted over the still corporeal corpses of his fallen subjects.

So…

The human and The Warper have brought permanent change to this land…

There is nothing I can do here…

Finally he stretched his consciousness out, seeing if there was anything else he missed…

?

No…

The human…

He…he tore through the fabric of reality itself to shorten the distance between him and The Warper…

All that energy…released into the great cosmos…

HE WILL PAY!

He stretched his consciousness out of The Nexus. Out through the great channels of energy. Out towards the human’s world.

They should be there…but…what is this..?

I cannot sense the human…or The Warper…

They are not…anywhere?!

No…

That is not possible…

Could it be..?

Could the human still have enough power and will even outside The Nexus to simply deny that he and The Warper be taken back by force?!

Finally, the grim king spoke.

“CEASE THE GREAT COUNTDOWN!”

His subjects gasped and murmured, fixating scared and startled looking eyes upon him.

“The scar of change has been inflicted on The Nexus. The scourge of chaos was brought to this land, and we were not prepared. But not next time…and there will be a next time!”

The murmurs of distress increased as the grim king suddenly materialized into his corporeal form.

“ENOUGH!”

His subjects went quiet.

“You will all relearn what it is to be corporeal…What it is to be mortal. Some of you will have to face the human again, and he cannot be allowed to leave The Nexus alive next time.”

One by one, The Order Keepers forms began to form out of the thick ether. Hundreds of tall, gaunt, genderless, blue-black figures stepping their newly formed feet onto the ground and desperately attempting to maintain balance.

“Until then we will plan, and we will calculate. We must find a way to lure the human and The Warper back to the Nexus and how to destroy them when they are here. That is now our sole task.”

His commands issued, the grim king merely closed his eyes and began planning his and his people’s next move.

The Warper’s planet…

…Such a troublesome world…

If she is still in communication with beings there, then she must still have an attachment to the world…

...An attachment that can be used.

Yes…we shall release the impression on the world once more, and we shall remind her just how helpless she is to assist those she cares most about.

It is just a matter of calculation and planning…

All things in time.

Tik.

TOK.

End Part 9

Author's Note:

“You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?”

“You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.”

--O-Ren Ishii and Beatrix “The Bride” Kiddo, Kill Bill Vol. 1

PreviousChapters Next