• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 35,349 Views, 9,850 Comments

The Wheel and the Butterfly A Dan X Pinkie Pie Saga - Justice3442



Pinkie Pie finds herself adjusting to a new, hostile world, with a new hostile friend. Can they make it through this new misadventure together, or is it the universe that needs to watch out for them?

  • ...
95
 9,850
 35,349

PreviousChapters Next
Part 17 … Vs. …: Prologue

The Wheel and The Butterfly
A Dan X Pinkie Pie saga
Part 17 … Vs. …
Prologue

-oooooo-

“Chirp! Chirp!”

Sunset Shimmer sprung up in her bed with a happy, if groggy smile on her face. Errant strands of red-and-yellow hair stuck out from her long locks of wavy hair as she threw off her purple covers, revealing purple pajamas with a sun printed on the chest.

“Chirp! Chirp!”

Sunset placed bare feet on her bedroom’s burnt-orange-colored carpet and took a couple steps to the window blinds in front of her bed. She reached for the strings that would open the blinds and pulled on them, allowing the sunlight to pour into her small bedroom. Still smiling, Sunset squinted at the sudden increase of light.

“Chirp! Chirp!”

It was a beautiful day. Almost as beautiful as her, and Sunset intended to enjoy the day to its fullest. She opened the window and let the fresh Southern California air inside. The air was just slightly warm as if kissed by the sun's golden rays.

“Chirp! Chirp!”

Sunset was so happy she almost decided to forego her morning ritual of lobbing something at whatever thing, be it person, animal, or object, that woke her up.

“Chrip! Chi—SQWAK!”

Almost.

Sunset giggled to herself as the small brown bird she had just hit dizzily picked itself off the front lawn of her apartment complex and flew off. Hopefully it’ll tell its friends to sing their obnoxious little songs somewhere else. Sunset poked her head out and scanned the grass, her eyes settling on the small black digital alarm clock she had just thrown. And look! I think my clock might have survived this time! It is going to be a good day!

Sunset began humming to herself as she closed the window. She walked over to her bedroom door. Opening it, she stepped into a room that looked to serve as the apartment’s living, dining, and kitchen area. Plaques and shelves full of trophies all bearing her name lined the walls. Sunset sidestepped a big red couch and made her way to the fridge, picking a box of cereal off the top.

A melodic tone began to ring out and Sunset put the box back before she walked across the room to a wooden desk with a laptop sitting on top of it. She reached for her lit-up smartphone, pressed the screen, and brought it up to her ear.

“Hey! Good morning.” Sunset greeted cheerfully. “Hehehe, lucky for you a little bird woke me,” she said as she walked back over to her fridge.

Sunset’s smile dropped slightly. “Hey! It survived. It was well enough to fly away even!” She reached for her box of cereal and picked it up again. “Look, what’s this about?” Sunset paused as she listened to the person on the other line. “… Don’t be stupid. Of course I know about tomorrow! Do you think I’d just forget the months of extra practice it took to become lead skater or the weeks I’ve spent perfecting my routine?”

Sunset walked over to her cupboards and pulled out an orange bowl. “… Of course I know who they are. I own a radio. Kinda embedded in that thing I drive to the rink every day? Besides, we’re being kind enough to loan them the rink the day after…” The cereal box in her hand dropped to the floor, crashing with a rustling sound. “…WHAT?! Moved?! To tomorrow?!” Sunset said, forcing her words out through clenched teeth.

Sunset began waving her free arm around emphatically. “No! Just no! They have to do a different day! I’ve spent too much… Nothing you can do…?! Already decided?! That’s just… I’m… so… ERRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHFFFUUUU#########$&&&%%%!

Sunset stabbed at her phone with a finger. No way… Just no F#&%ING WAY! I’ve worked way too hard for this!

Sunset balled her hands into fists, threw her arms into the air, and shouted at the heavens.

“DAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS!”

Sunset Shimmer

Vs.

The Dazzlings

Author's Note:

Just a little teaser to get us started. Thanks to MythrilMoth for suggesting the Dazzlings make an appearance.

If you haven’t heard, I was sick last week and had business travel the week before, so thing were a little slow. On the bright side, next chapter is already partially written up so hopefully that’ll hit soon as well as something else I’m working on.

Anyhow, thanks for reading!

PreviousChapters Next