• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 35,319 Views, 9,850 Comments

The Wheel and the Butterfly A Dan X Pinkie Pie Saga - Justice3442



Pinkie Pie finds herself adjusting to a new, hostile world, with a new hostile friend. Can they make it through this new misadventure together, or is it the universe that needs to watch out for them?

  • ...
95
 9,850
 35,319

PreviousChapters Next
Part 15 Pinkamena Vs. Dan*: Epilogue

The Wheel and the Butterfly

A Dan X Pinkie Pie saga

Part 15 Pinkamena Vs. Dan*

Epilogue

-oooooo-

Dan and Pinkie walked up to the blue sedan as sunlight slowly brightened the empty parking lot, the couple leaning against each other as an evening of fatigue finally began to set in. Even Mr. Mumbles' eyelids were barely open as the cat clung to Dan’s shoulder.

Ugh…” Dan grunted as he and Pinkie made the last few steps to the car. “I can’t believe how much being constantly drugged for an entire day while you hang from shackles takes its toll on you!” Dan held up one of his hands limply. “The only thing that hurts worse than my head are my wrists…”

“You think you had it bad? I was the one running around all day and night!” Pinkie shot back.

“Yeah, but you’re always running around,” Dan said with a grin.

“Not all through the night!”

Dan chuckled. “Right, that’s the time you designate to thrash from side to side and squeeze me until I have trouble breathing.”

Pinkie narrowed her eyes and grinned. “Oh hush, you!”

“Pinkie…! Dan…!”
The pair looked up as Wally jogged up to them, red-faced, and wearing jogging shorts and running shoes.

Huff… Puff… I’m sorry!” Wally said as he ran up to the car. He stopped a few yards from the couple and leaned over, placing his hands on his thighs. “I… huff… wanted to help, and started… puff… to run down here, but then the clouds came in and…”

Dan furrowed his brow. “Wally… why are you wearing jogging shorts… and no shirt?”

“I’m trying to explain that!” Wally said standing up straight. “You see, I go jogging when the moon is full, wink, wink…

Dan raised an eyebrow. “Did you just say ‘wink, wink’ as opposed to actually win— mmmpgh!”

Dan was cut off as he found a slender, nail-polished hand placed over his mouth.

“The important thing is you tried to help,” Pinkie said cheerfully.

Dan gently removed the hand from his mouth. “Also that you find a shirt,” Dan added.

Pinkie turned towards Dan. “Bodies are nothing to be ashamed of, Dan!”

“Well sure,” Dan replied. “Your body and my body but—”

“Dan, be nice! Better late than never…” Pinkie’s face turned slightly red. “Also I kinda yelled at him already and may have kinda insinuated I wanted to slice him up…” She gave Wally a sheepish grin. “Sorry about that…”

“It’s alright,” Wally said with a small smile. “I do feel a bit bad considering everyone else helped out.”

Pinkie smiled. “Well, there is something you can do to make it up to us.”

“YEAH! PUT ON A SHIRT!”

“DAN!” Pinkie said in a chastising tone.

“WHAT?” Dan protested.

“Just… be quiet for a second, alright?”

Dan sighed and folded his arms across his chest. “Oh… alright…” he answered grumpily.

Pinkie walked up to Wally, stood on her tiptoes and whispered something to his ears.

Wally grinned. “Alright, consider it done.” Wally turned and waved, a gesture Pinkie happily returned and one Dan responded to with an eye roll.

“What did you ask him to do?” Dan asked as Pinkie bounded up to him, reaching for his hand.

Pinkie gave Dan a wry grin. “You’ll see…”

-ooooooo-

“Oh for the sake of Celestia!” Pinkie cried in a pleading tone. “I’m fine! I’M FINE!Pinkie punctuated her statement with a high-pitched girly shriek.

Dan shook his head at the black-with-a-white-collar dress-wearing Pinkie, who seemed permanently attached to his left arm. “No way! As fun as yesterday was, things went from ‘weird but kinky’ to ‘weird and kind of alarming’ much faster than usual!Dan reached into a bowl of popcorn with his left hand and shoveled some into his face, chewed, then swallowed. “We’re getting this out of your system now.

“Okay, but…” Pinkie suddenly turned and stared forward. “Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! Don’t go in there!” Tense music and another girly scream joined Pinkie’s as the warm glow that enveloped her and Dan turned red.

“… Besides,” Dan continued with a smile, “I’m making a killing off Elise here.”

A third girly scream suddenly broke out.

“I think Chris didn’t like your horrible pun, Dan,” Elise said dryly as she sat next to Dan on her and Chris’s blue couch.

Na-NO!” Chris cried. “It’s this horrible horror-film I don’t like!”

Dan glared up at Elise. “You’re just mad because I’m so much better on betting at who’ll die when in this.”

With the sound of a blade hitting its target and three more screams, Elise’s face lit up.

“HAH!” Elise cried. “Back in the game!”

“Whatever,” Dan said dismissively. “I’m still fifty bucks ahead.”

“WHY AM I HERE?!” Chris cried. “I DON’T HAVE ANY LINGERING KILLER INSTINCTS TO GET OUT OF MY SYSTEM!”

Elise glanced up at the tall man who seemed permanently attached to her right arm. “I was not going be a third wheel tonight.”

“Well wha…why didn’t they just watch the movie alone?!”

“Don’t blame me!” Dan cried. “Your wife insisted it was in my best interest she be on hand to help with Pinkie…”

Another three shrieks erupted as Pinkie suddenly wrapped her arms around Dan’s neck and pulled him into her chest.

Dan held up an index finger. “…And she just hapffened to be wwright!” he said in a muffled tone.

Elise glanced to her side. “Pinkie, Dan probably can’t breathe like that…”

“Oh… right…” Pinkie said as she released Dan’s head and went back to holding his arm tightly. “Sorry, Da—”

Another scream erupted from the TV in front of the couples. Pinkie and Chris once again harmonized their shrieks with it.

“HA! Seventy!” Dan cried.

“That just means you have terrible taste in movies, Dan,” Elise replied.

“Hey, you picked it out!” Dan shot back.

Elise sighed. “Just keep watching... We still got a handful of teens the killer hasn’t gotten to yet…”

Elise and Dan returned to watching the film as their respective partners shivered in terror, eyes still somehow fixed on the screen in front of them.

“Hey Elise…”

“Yeah, Dan?”

“… I will eventually regain feeling in my arm, right?”

Elise looked down at her own arm that was in the vice-like grip of her husband. She nodded. “Yeah, about 30 minutes after the movie ends… I wouldn’t try to drive home or anything until your circulation is back to normal, though.”

“Oh… good… and the ringing in my ear?”

Pinkie and Chris let out another shriek.

“Goes away in about an hour or two,” Elise replied.

Dan sighed. “Lovely…”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Dan’s brow wrinkled in irritation. “As much money as I’m making off of your poor ability to predict this movie, I really hope I don’t get kidnapped again…”

Elise chuckled and shot a quick affectionate glance at Pinkie as she trembled in fear. “Me too Dan, me too…”

End part 15

Thanks for reading!

Author's Note:

Thanks for making it through the longest arc of the story so far! We’ll be back to business as unusual for the next arc or two.

Those of you who desperately want some more slice of life should check out the latest installment of ‘Dan and Pinkie Take a Slice out of Life’ if you haven’t already.

PreviousChapters Next