• Published 11th Sep 2013
  • 35,317 Views, 9,850 Comments

The Wheel and the Butterfly A Dan X Pinkie Pie Saga - Justice3442



Pinkie Pie finds herself adjusting to a new, hostile world, with a new hostile friend. Can they make it through this new misadventure together, or is it the universe that needs to watch out for them?

  • ...
95
 9,850
 35,317

PreviousChapters Next
Part 14 Pinkie Vs. N.A.R.F.: Chapter 129 Pinkie Vs. Helen

The Wheel and the Butterfly
A Dan X Pinkie Pie saga
Part 14 Pinkie Vs. N.A.R.F.
Chapter 129 Pinkie Vs. Helen

-ooooooo-

Dan glared up at the waitress, who was clearly present to fight Pinkie. “Oh, give it up already! You already fought and she gave you a total and horrendous beat—”

Pinkie gently placed a palm on Dan’s shoulder. “Dan, sweetums?”

Dan immediately shifted his attention towards Pinkie. “NO! No pet names! You only—”

Pinkie placed a finger over Dan’s mouth. “I got this,” she said with a smile.

Dan protested, “But—”

“I’ll work this out, alright?” Pinkie said, her expression uncharacteristically serious. “You’ve done plenty for me today, but Helen is after me. I’ll figure this out.”

Dan pursed his lips into a tight frown as he want quiet briefly. “… Alright, fine… Just be careful.”

“Don’t worry!” Pinkie said in a chipper tone. “I’ll be fine!” she insisted.

From high above the group of bakers, Helen focused her eyes on Pinkie. “Touching…” she said. Her wicked smile quickly shifted to a serious scowl as she pointed her sheathed katana at Pinkie. “However, you and I have unfinished business!”

“Do we? Do we really Helen? Can’t our business be finished?! I said I was sorry!”

Helen scowled at Pinkie. “You think a simple apology is enough for all the torment you inflicted on me?”

“I OFFERED YOU MONEY!” Pinkie exclaimed. “I’m trying to be reasonable here! I mean, sure I harassed you and maybe put you in the hospital once or twice! I can see you got the bad end of the deal! I know I screwed up and took things too far with you, and I’m still sorry! But I never tried to kill you! There’s got to be some other solution here besides us crossing sharp implements again!”

“There really isn’t.”

Pinkie let out an exasperated sigh. “Hey, funny old guys, you there?”

“WHAT?!” Melchior cried out. “How dare—”

Caspar interrupted, “Oh, keep your robes on, she was paying us a compliment!”

There was a pause before Melchior replied, “… What if I don’t want to be found funny?”

“Well now,” Balthazar spoke up, “that sounds like a personal problem.”

From the darkness came two voices laughing as a low, unhappy grumble could be heard alongside them.

“Alright, enough fun and games,” Balthazar said. “What is your question, young lady?”

“I thought if I became a member I didn’t have to deal with all these killings and stuff! What gives?”

Balthazar replied, “Though you are a member now, and no longer have to fear being eliminated in a restaurant by the organization, our esteemed waitress here still has a valid grievance with you.”

Melchior’s voice croaked out, “The rules are very clear here. You two must fight until one of you is unable to continue. Only then will the business between you two be concluded, and your journey to the dark—”

“Melchior,” Caspar said, “you’re getting carried away, again…”

“Right…” Melchior said. “I’m afraid it is your destiny to fight Helen.”

Helen lowered her katana back to a resting position and smirked at Pinkie.

Pinkie sighed heavily. “Can’t we fight with something besides sharp thingies?! I think there’s been enough blood loss for one day! Most of it mine!”

A pained voice moaned from inside the broken obstacle course. “OoOoOoOoOoOoOh…! I think… I think I might be winning there now…”

Balthazar spoke once more, “Can someone help that man please?”

“Leave him!” Melchior commanded. “He’s a failure and deserves his fate!”

The thin-nosed man whimpered from the inside the obstacle course.

Caspar chimed in, “Actually, I think he did quite well all things considering. At the very least he was very entertaining to watch!”

Pinkie puffed out her lower lip as she stared up into the darkness. “Can we help him please? He tried really hard to understand the menu!”

“Truthfully,” Balthazar said, “he was proposing pretending to not understand it and be indecisive as per our orders. It usually irritates potential members and adds to their frustration.”

Caspar chuckled. “Hehehehe… But none of our potential members were willing to try so many different and inventive ways to explain their food options.”

“Oh!” Pinkie said in surprise. She smiled. “Well, he did really good there too! I think he deserves not to bleed to death! And even pain killers and a hospital trip, even!”

“Very well…” Melchior said in a slightly begrudged tone. “However, I want him to have nightmares over this day and be haunted by it for the rest of his life!”

“… I’m pretty sure I already will…” the man called out.

“NOT GOOD ENOUGH!” Melchior croaked out loudly. “WE WILL ENSURE YOUR COMPLETE MENTAL ANGUISH!” There was another brief pause. “… FAT ONE! YOU WILL ASSIST OUR DISGRACED MEMBER.”

Everyone turned towards Wally.

“Hey!” Wally protested. “How do you know he’s talking about me?!”

The group flashed Wally a mixture of sideways glances and raised eyebrows.

Wally sighed. “You’re just all lucky I need you all to run the bakery…” he muttered darkly to himself.

“And take that item with you,” Melchior added.

The group looked about with confused expressions.

Uh, Melchior?” Caspar said. “We’re still completely surrounded by darkness. No one can see what you’re pointing—”

“THE ITEM OF HORROR THE PINK ONE WAS USING TO TORMENT THE MAN WITH.”

Pinkie looked about. “What the heck are you talking about?! There’s nothing like that here!”

Dan rolled his eyes. “He means your freaky skull puppet with all the pointy teeth, genius.”

Uh… you know what?” the thin-nosed man called out. “I think I’m good.”

“YOUR DESIRES MATTER FOR VERY LITTLE!” Melchior hissed out.

“Mr. Bonesy’s an item of horror?!” Pinkie cried in disbelief as she quickly produced the skull puppet and stared. “No!”

Dan lifted an eyebrow. “It’s made out of a skull, shark teeth, your own used bandages, and a ripped paper bag!” Dan cried. “It’s almost as if you intentionally found a bunch of bad and mildly unsettling things and purposely arranged them in the most horrifying manner you could think of!”

“Well… I guess I kind of did do all that…” Pinkie said. “But only because I wanted to show puppets were harmless no matter what they looked like!”

“What about Chucky?!” Dan retorted.

“He’s not a puppet!” Becky cried. “He’s a doll!”

Dan frowned. “Dang! She’s absolutely right! Fine! Scarface!”

Chris spoke up, “Dan! As weird and inhuman as you think Al Pacino looks, he’s still not a puppet!”

Dan wheeled on Chris and screamed at him angrily, “THAT’S NOT WHO I’M TALKING ABOUT, YOU MORON!”

Becky chimed in, “He means the Batman villain, dude.”

“See!” Dan said motioning to Becky. “Becky knows what’s up!”

“Oooo!” Pinkie cried. “Oooooooooo! Still… Scarface by himself is harmless! It’s the ventriloquist with split personality disorder that makes him a threat!”

Dan grumbled irritably and thought again. “… The puppets from Puppet Master!”

Pinkie furrowed her brow. “What?! They’re usually good guys! I mean they almost only attack people who deserve it, and when there’s an exception it’s often because puppet master demanded it!”

“Ah-ha!” Dan said with a toothy smile as he raised an index finger. “You had to qualify that on several conditions!”

“He’s got a point,” Becky said as she motioned to Dan. “I mean, it’s pretty hard to argue the puppets as being wholly benign, even to non-evil people.”

“Oh, I don’t know,” Chris said. “I think there might be something to Pinkie’s claim about the puppet’s master—”

Melchior’s voice boomed out once more. “…. NEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS!

Wait, what?” the four debating people below said in unison.

Helen gritted her teeth. “Are we going to get on with this?! How long do I have to stand here posing?!”

Dan folded his arms over his chest. “I’m sorry, but ‘quick and direct resolutions’ is not how we do things… at all!

Pinkie nodded her head up and down. “Yeah, we have way more bizarre banter to get through before we actually accomplish anything!”

Helen sighed heavily and sat down, crossing her legs over each other and resting her katana on her lap. “Fine, but I’m not going to pose that entire time.”

“Whatever!” Dan snapped back. “No one actually cares!”

Crunchy spoke up, “Uh… does anyone actually remember what we were talking about?”

“I remember!” Caspar called out. “The one in the cloak and glasses was to assist our insured friend and get him to medical attention.”

“And traumatize him further,” Melchior added. “Don’t forget that.”

“… Do I have to?” Wally asked.

Dan took the puppet from Pinkie and walked it over to Wally. “Oh please, like you were doing anything anyways!”

Wally scowled out at Dan from under his hood and behind the glasses and snatched the skull. He trudged off towards the hallway full of mostly broken traps mumbling to himself, “…blow up the bakery with everyone inside… ”

The group watched as Wally walked into the hallway before they all turned back up into the darkness where, presumably, the trio of council members were still sitting.

“Anyhow…” Pinkie said, “do we have to fight with swords?!” Pinkie asked. “Can’t we fight with pillows, or harsh language… Ooooo! Ooooo! Or whipped cream even!”

Gibson raised a hand. “I second a battle with whipped cream!”

Amber sighed heavily. “Seriously, don’t you have an off switch?”

“I’m sixteen!” Gibson cried as he flung his hands out to his sides.

“I get that!” Amber replied. “But you’re bad even for a sixteen year old!”

“How many sixteen year old guys do you know work at a bakery with a bunch of hotties with little to no regard for covering themselves if the temperature hits the lower 90s?”

Amber paused and thought about this briefly. “Uhhh… Alright, I suppose you have something of a point…”

The group paused as a terrified scream cut through the air.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“Sorry,” Wally said, “but my clothes caught fire and this was the only thing that would fit! Also, you’ll have to carry the skull. I can’t haul you to safety and carry this gross puppet thing.”

The thin-nosed man responded by sobbing hysterically.

Wally sighed. “Yeah, you’re welcome! Jerk…”

The group turned back up as Balthazar addressed Pinkie’s question, “As a secret order of food industry workers, all duels must be conducted with tools used in the kitchen.”

Pinkie frowned. “Wait… I’m not going to pretend I’m the spinniest egg beater in the kitchen or anything, but who the heck uses a sword in the kitchen?!”

Ninja Dave and Elise chuckled nervously to themselves.

The group paused and stared at them.

“What… seriously?” Dan asked as he cocked an eyebrow.

Chris sighed and shook his head. “Elise has cut roasts and things right in front of me with her sword.”

“Wow… that seems… grossly irresponsible…” Amber said. “I mean… not that I’m terribly surprised or anything…”

“What?!” Elise protested. “When you carry a giant knife on you everywhere you go, you find uses for it!”

“I know, right?” Ninja Dave chimed in. “I mean… Why go hunting for a knife when you basically already have one on you?!”

“Exactly!” Elise exclaimed.

Becky looked over the two sword wielders with a questioning expression. “Aren’t you two breaking some sort of sacred sword code or something?”

Ninja Dave and Elise exchanged a quick glance.

“My entire Ninja clan is dead,” Ninja Dave pointed out, “so it’s not like anyone can really bug me on that.”

“My sword training was pretty practical and not very philosophical, I’m afraid…” Elise chimed in.

Dan shook his head. “I can’t believe you two walk around with those things and break them out when you’re too lazy to walk over and open the knife drawer!”

Elise knitted her brow and stared at Dan as she produced her still sheathed ninjatō. “Hey, you carry one of these around with you all the time and see if you break down and use it for menial tasks!”

Dan folded his arms across his chest. “Maybe I will!”

Ninja Dave shook his head. “Trust me! After a few months it just sort of feels like carrying a giant Swiss army knife around!”

“Alright, fine!” Pinkie huffed out. “I guess we’ll fight with swords or whatever!”

“Really?” Caspar said in a somewhat disappointed tone. “You don’t want to attack her with an electric hand mixer, or flour sifter?”

“Not if she has a sword!” Pinkie cried. “I want something that’s close to as dangerous as what she has, at least!”

“Are you sure?” Caspar replied. “We have some pretty large and dangerous-looking spatulas down in the kitchen…”

“I’m sure!” Pinkie exclaimed.

Caspar sighed. “Very well…”

Pinkie turned to Dave. “Ninja Davey? Can I borrow your sword?”

Dave frowned. “Do you even know how to use a sword?”

Pinkie smiled. “Sure I do! The pointy end goes in the other person!”

Dave sighed as he produced his ninjatō. “Alright, fine. Just try not to die.”

Pinkie rolled her eyes as she took the ninjatō in her hands. “Don’t worry, Helen’s not even close to the scariest thing I’ve had to fight.”

Everyone around Pinkie and Ninja Dave looked at Pinkie in sur—

SLAP!

“OW!” Gibson exclaimed.

“STOP STARING AT D.H.!” Amber cried. “D.H.! Put your clothes back on!”

“But it’s so hot in here!” D.H. protested.

“I know, right?” Crunchy said.

Amber gave a heavy sigh.

Dan stared at Pinkie with an expression of deep concern. “Are you sure about this?”

Pinkie frowned. “Well, I don’t have a lot of choice, do I?”

“I guess not…” Dan replied. “But you seem to have made your peace with skewering Helen rather quickly…”

“Awww, you’re worried about me!” Pinkie said with a smile.

“Can you blame me!?” Dan motioned up towards Helen. “You’re planning to go right up there and stab someone who’s going to try her best to slice you up!”

Elise nodded in agreement. “I’m with Dan… I’m not sure what’s more unnerving, that you’re about to walk up to someone who wants to kill you, or that you’re so gung-ho about killing her back!”

Becky nodded. “This does seem oddly bloodthirsty of you…”

“What?” Pinkie replied. “I killed vampires and stabbed a wendigo in the heart with a chain-saw before!”

Elise frowned. “Well… people feel different… I’m guessing… I mean… to people who don’t kill people routinely, it probably feels different…”

“Beautiful?” Chris said. “Maybe you aren’t the best one to talk to Pinkie about this.”

Elise sighed. “I’ll be quiet now…”

“As dark and weird as she’s being,” Dan began, “Elise has a point. Especially since you weren’t very keen on either of us killing someone just after dinner.”

Pinkie paused briefly. “Wowwie-zowwie, that was just after dinner time! It somehow feels way longer than that!”

Dan continued to look at Pinkie with concern. “Are you sure you’re not going to go all straight-haired and murder happy here?”

Pinkie chuckled and shook her head. “No, of course not! I’ll be fine!”

Dan’s look of concern changed to a frown. “Are you sure? Because you’ve been acting—”

Pinkie suddenly tilted her head down and placed her lips against Dan’s. She wrapped her arms around Dan’s neck and embraced him tightly as she kissed him passionately.

Dan’s eyes widened slightly as he was momentarily caught off guard, but he quickly relaxed and wrapped his arms around Pinkie’s torso as he reciprocated the deep kiss.

The two stood their briefly locked in a tight embrace as their lips were similarly locked together.

Pinkie parted her lips from Dan’s and tilted her head. She smiled warmly at him as she leaned her forehead against his. “Thanks for being scared for me, but I’ll be fine. Trust me,” she said.

Dan nodded, a serious expression still on his face. “Alright, I do… just be sure to take care of yourself during this rare occasion when I can’t do it for you.”

“I will, Dan,” Pinkie said as she gave Dan one more quick hug before parting.

Pinkie turned and began walking up the long flight of stairs towards Helen.

Helen smiled and stood back up. Once again resting her palms against her katana as she looked down at Pinkie.

“It’s about time you come to meet your death,” Helen said as her smile turned into a wicked grin.

Pinkie rolled her eyes as she continued walking up, Ninja Dave’s sheathed ninjatō held in the scabbard in her left hand. “Seriously? I mean… last time we fought you didn’t exactly do all that well…”

Helen scowled out at Pinkie with a determined expression. “Ever since our last fight, I’ve thought of nothing but seeing you come to an end. I’ve spent every waking moment since then preparing for the opportunity to take you out should I have to do it myself…”

Pinkie simply blinked a few times as she made it to the top of the platform. She walked into the shadows as she approached, slowly encroaching on the lit up area Helen stood in the middle of. “I… uh… alright, but it’s only been like a few weeks—Oof!” Pinkie stopped as she ran into something in the darkness. “Sorry… its pitch black over here! Who’d I run into?”

“I am the darkness…” Melchior’s voice croaked out.

“Whoopsie! Sorry Mr. Guy-who’s-scary-beyond-all-reason!”

“Oh, don’t encourage him,” Caspar called out. “Just get started with your grizzly sword fight.”

“Okie-dokie-lokie!” Pinkie continued walking towards Helen. “Now where was I?” she asked no one in particular as she glanced up and tapped an index finger against her chin.

Balthazar spoke up. “You were saying something about ‘only a few weeks’.”

“Right!” Pinkie exclaimed. She looked back at Helen as she stepped out of the dimness and into the light. As she reached the light she noticed more stairs on the other sides of the platform, descending into more darkness.

Pinkie continued, “It’s only been three or four weeks since I saw you last. I mean… how much better do you really think you are?”

Helen gritted her teeth. “I’ve had enough of you mocking me!” Helen quickly placed her katana against her waist. She held the scabbard in one hand and quickly pulled the blade out, striking at Pinkie in one swift movement. “Die!

Pinkie quickly drew her sword and placed the blade in front of her and Helen’s razor sharp edge, blocking her blade with a resounding ‘Klachink!’

Helen smirked. “Heh, Beginners lu—”

Before Helen could swing again, Pinkie shifted the scabbard in her hand she was wielding it like a club and struck Helen in the forehead. ‘THWACK!’

Helen swayed slightly, trying to keep her balance as she dizzily finished her sentence. “—uUuUuUuUuUuk…” She shook her head as if to clear it. “Oh, you’re in for…” Helen paused as she stared out into open space in front of her. “Hey where’d you g—”

‘THWACK!’

From behind Helen, Pinkie struck another blow with the scabbard, striking the top of her head.

“OW! WHAAAAA!Helen cried out in alarm as Pinkie pushed her from behind. Dazed from the previous attack, Helen stumbled and toppled forward down the long flight of stairs.

AHH!

‘Thump!’

“Have a nice fall! See you next trip!” Pinkie said cheerfully as Helen tumbled down the stone steps.

OW!

‘Thud!’

“YOU GOT THAT BACKWARDS, GOOFBALL!” Dan shouted up.

OUCH!

‘Bang!’

“Ooops…” Pinkie replied. “I think I need to lay down after this… I’m feeling pretty light-headed…”

AERG!

‘Crash!’

After a short time, the sounds of a body falling down solid stairs accompanied by pained cries stop.

Pinkie turned and sheathed her sword. “Welp, I think that about wraps that, up! Let’s all—”

“WAIT!”

Pinkie sighed and slumped her shoulders as she heard Helen cry from far below.

Pinkie turned and leaned her head down over the platform. “Seriously?!” she cried. “You fell down like a zillion stairs just now! You can’t possibly want to come back up here and sword fight!”

“I can… huff… puff… still fight!” Helen shouted up. “This isn’t over!”

Pinkie rolled her eyes. “FINE! But if you come back up here, I’m just going to push you down the stairs again!”

“Oh, I am a swirling storm of anger and vengeance!” Helen cried. “I will come up there and I will have your head! There’s no way me falling down the stairs will happen again!”

-o~ Several attempts on Pinkie’s life later…~o-

AAAAAAAH!

‘THUD!’

“IT KEEPS HAPPENING!” Helen cried.

Pinkie sighed. “I warned you about stairs! I told you!”

ACK!

Thump!

Pinkie shook her head as she listened to Helen fall down the stairs again. She turned towards the darkened area on the platform. “Can I go now? This is taking, like, forever…”

“Wait!” Helen cried. “I can still fight… I just… I just need to relocate my shoulder… and then use that arm to relocate my other shoulder… oh, wait…”

Suddenly the light above the three old men came to life. Balthazar and Caspar sat staring at Pinkie with bored expressions on their faces, both of them resting an elbow on their arm rests and their face against a palm. Melchior’s expression was hidden by his cloak, his head hanging limply as he slumped in his chair.

“I believe I have seen enough,” Balthazar said.

Caspar yawned and stretched his arms. “Yes, me too… And it’s getting really late…”

“WHAT?! NO!” Helen protested. “I will have my revenge… Just as soon as the room stops spinning!”

Caspar looked over to the cloaked figure. “What do you think, Melchior?”

Melchior responded by making a phlegmy snoring sound. “SNOCHCHCH!

“Melchior! Wake up!” Caspar cried.

“I...wha… wha…” Melchior paused slightly then cried. “HOW DARE YOU DISTURB MY MEDITATION?! I was becoming one with the darkness!”

Caspar rolled his eyes. “You were snoring!”

“That’s what the sound of becoming one with the darkness sounds like!” Melchior insisted.

“Oh, fine...” Balthazar replied. “We’re tired of watching Pinkie here knock Helen down the stairs. It sort of stopped being funny around the third time.”

“Very well…” Melchior. “I declare Pinkie victorious! No longer does she have to fear reprisal from Helen or N.A.R.F.!”

“YAY!” Pinkie cried as she suddenly leapt forward and wrapped her arms around Melchior. “Thanks Mr. Scary Trousers… erm… Robes…”

Melchior uttered a confused sounding “Uhhhh…” and slowly brought his arms around Pinkie’s back, patting it lightly. “You’re welcome…”

“GROUP HUG!” Pinkie declared.

“WHAT?!” Melchior cried. “NO!”

Without hesitation, Balthazar and Caspar quickly threw their arms around Melchior and Pinkie.

Melchior grumbled irritably.

The chorus of footsteps were heard as the group of bakers and friends walked up the steps.

Dan cleared his throat as he stared at the mass of hugging people. “I’m very happy you’re alright, and surprisingly happy you’re not a killer, but can we go home now?”

“Who wants to get in on the hug party?!” Pinkie cried.

Dan sighed heavily.

“Oh! Me! Me!” D.H. cried as she joined in the hug.

Gibson’s face lit up. “I want to join the—”

“No!” Amber said sternly.

“But—!”

“NO!”

Gibson sighed.

“Awww, feel the love everyone!” Crunchy cried as he joined in the group hug.

Sarge smiled as he walked forward and put his one good arm around as many people as he could.

“… There’s a half-naked hippy touching me,” Melchior uttered.

Caspar frowned. “Yeah, that’s enough hugging for one day…”

“Oh, I think we can go for a little longer,” Balthazar said.

“Me, too!” Pinkie said cheerfully.

Dan narrowed his eyes and held up his index finger as he began to speak in protest. “Now wait just a—”

“I WILL SERIOUSLY HUNT YOU DOWN AND STAB YOU TO DEATH!” Helen cried from far below the group.

Uhg… nevermind~!” Pinkie said in an annoyed sing-song voice. She turned in the general direction of Helen’s voice. “Some people are very rude and like you spoil moments! You Spoily-Sophie, you!”

The group parted and walked down the steps towards the double door entrance of the large chamber

Helen’s angry cries called out into the cavernous, underground area, “Oh! Just you wait!” she cried out. “I’m not done! Either with help or alone, I will hunt you down and I will have my vengeance! You will regret not finishing me off when you—”

The lights suddenly went dark as a deep, resounding ‘THOMB!’ echoed in the darkness…

Uh… Hello?”

Author's Note:

Thanks to Wacky for a suggestion I ended up incorporating to this chapter.

News: I’m going on vacation in a few days here. As of such, there might be a delay in the next chapter. Either that or it might be a short one.

Internet access sounds a little on the unreliable side where I’m heading and I’m not sure how much time I will have to write, so things might slow down in general while I’m out. That being said, I’m part way through chapters on most my other ongoing stories so hopefully new chapters will hit soon.

Thanks for your understanding, and most of all, thanks for reading!

PreviousChapters Next