• Published 15th Sep 2013
  • 2,123 Views, 51 Comments

(SiC) Part 5 - Pinkie Pie the Evangelist - Brian Jacko



Pinkie Pie goes on a mission to win hearts for Jesus.

  • ...
10
 51
 2,123

Pinkie Pie Preaches Heresy

"Good morning, Twilight," Pinkie Pie said cheerfully as she could sound.

Twilight Sparkle picked her head up from a book that she was reading to a group of ponies nearby. "Huh? Pinkie Pie? What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be working today."

"I took the day off today to do a little experiment, and I know how much you enjoy it when ponies experiment with things," Pinkie Pie said.

"It depends on the pony who is is doing the experiments," Twilight nervously added.

Pinkie Pie walked over and took out a Bible from the shelf. She sat down at the table and waited for ponies to come into the library.

Within a few moments, a pony walked in and rushed over to Twilight's little group. "Oh, Twilight!" the mare exclaimed. "I'm sorry I couldn't get here earlier. Can you please spare me some time? I have some questions about the Bible that I need to ask you."

Twilight looked at her group and then back to the mare. "I'm really sorry, but I can't help you at the moment. I have a group here and we are going over some of the parables that Jesus taught."

The mare sighed and said, "I guess I'll just come back tomorrow and see if you're available. I don't know another pony who knows more about the Bible than you."

Pinkie Pie took out a cane and hooked it around the mare's neck. She dragged her over to the table that she was sitting at. "I know just as much as Twilight knows and I can help you with any questions that you may have! I'm one of her best friends and I'm an expert in Theology just like she is!"

"Oh, that's wonderful. Thanks for spending time with me," the mare said as she pulled out a pen and a notepad.

Twilight's ears perked up when she heard that Pinkie Pie was going to be teaching the Bible. She said a silent prayer that Pinkie Pie wouldn't land herself into some kind of heresy or blasphemy. Twilight Sparkle went back to teaching the other ponies that had come to her.

"So, as you can see, there are really two different Gods in the Bible. One of them was very angry and wrathful and the other one was very forgiving and loving, but Jesus didn't even exist back then because He didn't come to earth until later on Christmas day so that we could all have presents," Pinkie Pie said.

Twilight's ears perked up again and she began grinding her teeth together at the words that came out of Pinkie Pie's mouth.

"What about this Holy Spirit that I keep hearing about? Is He God too?" the mare asked.

Pinkie Pie had a dumb founded look on her face. She picked up her Bible and turned it upside down. She began to view it from all different angles including while hanging upside down. Pinkie Pie fell down to the floor and picked herself back up. "I actually think that He's really just the spirit of Jesus or something. So yeah, there are two different Gods in the Bible."

Twilight's face was turning bright red with anger because she kept hearing Pinkie Pie say heretical things. She took a deep breath and went back to explaining the parables that Jesus had taught in the Bible to her group of ponies.

The mare jotted everything down that Pinkie Pie had said on a notepad. "Fascinating! Although I'm not quite sure how Jesus can be God if He didn't always exist with the Father at the time of the creation of the world. I assume I'm just ignorant. You must know what you're talking about because you said that you're Twilight's best friend. I'll be sharing your knowledge with others. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me!" The mare got up from her seat and looked at her notes briefly.

"You're more than welcome!" Pinkie Pie said. "Let me know if you win any hearts for Jesus so that I can credit myself for helping you in the process!"

The mare smiled and then walked out the door.

Pinkie Pie put the Bible away and said, "Yes! This is how I'm going to win hearts for Jesus. Maybe my knowledge will be responsible for other ponies teaching others about the Gospel. I'm going to go out to teach more ponies just like how Twilight does it, right now."

Twilight Sparkle's ears perked up once more in alarm when she heard Pinkie Pie mutter those words. She noticed that Pinkie Pie was getting ready to leave and she said to her group, "Please excuse me for one moment. I have something to settle really quickly. I'll be right back."

Just before Pinkie Pie was able to walk out of the door, she felt a tug at her tail. She turned around and was met with a very angry looking Twilight Sparkle. "Hey Twi. What's up with the frown? Need me to turn it upside down?"

"Pinkie Pie, stop! This is a very serious matter here. Did I just hear you say that the Holy Spirit is really Jesus and that Jesus didn't exist before He came down to Earth?"

Pinkie Pie shrugged and said, "Yeah, so what? It's true, right?"

Twilight Sparkle hid her face in her hoof and said, "No! That is outrageous! The Holy Spirit is a part of the Triune God. They all existed before the creation of earth and they all make up one single God."

"But how can we have three different characters and yet they are all one God? That's illogical!' Pinkie Pie said.

"Want to know the truth about that, Pinkie Pie?" Twilight asked.

Pinkie Pie nodded her head yes with excitement.

"No pony knows how it all works when it comes to understanding the Trinity. Some ponies make up analogies like using the different parts of an egg, or the different forms of water, but the truth is that there is no real possible explanation as to how this all works."

"But you understand and know everything!" Pinkie Pie said. "Aren't you terribly upset that there's something about God that you don't understand?"

"No," Twilight said. "This is good in a way because if we were to understand every single thing about God, then what would that mean?"

Pinkie Pie shrugged and had no idea

"He would be on our same level. God goes beyond our understanding because He is so great and infinite. We will always be learning about Him, even when we do get to Heaven."

Pinkie Pie looked down at the ground in sadness.

Twilight Sparkle felt bad because she knew that Pinkie Pie wasn't purposely trying to be heretical or blasphemous, but she was still causing damage to the faith. She put her front leg around Pinkie's neck and said, "Look, Pinkie Pie. I know you're trying very hard to win hearts for Jesus, which is just fine and dandy, but you're going about this the wrong way. Just please leave the teaching to me if you don't know what you're really talking about. I can't say that I know everything about God, but whatever I do say, I always make sure to back up my words with studies and scriptures to make sure that I don't fall into heresy. Lots of ponies have written and said heretical things by accident, or come up with possible contradictory verses because they didn't read and understand the Bible in its entirety."

Pinkie Pie didn't say anything, She just turned her back and walked out of the door. She closed it slowly behind her.

Twilight Sparkle apologized to the ponies that she was teaching and resumed her lesson.

It was time for Pinkie Pie to move on. She still felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit again, but she tried to convince herself that it was just Satan trying to keep her away from what she believed she was called to do.