• Published 15th Sep 2013
  • 2,122 Views, 51 Comments

(SiC) Part 5 - Pinkie Pie the Evangelist - Brian Jacko



Pinkie Pie goes on a mission to win hearts for Jesus.

  • ...
10
 51
 2,122

The Inspiration

"And He said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the Gospel to the whole creation," Twilight Sparkle said as she closed her book and looked joyfully at her friends.

Each pony was sitting in a circle on a large pillow and they all had a Bible in front of them. The E.S.V. version of course because Twilight Sparkle loved that version so much.

"It looks like we need to start getting out there more often and telling other's about His love," Twilight said. "We haven't been too active in this regard. If we don't tell ponies about our faith, then that can mean a few things. One. We really don't believe in our faith. Two. We really don't care enough about other ponies knowing about the truth, or three. Our entire faith is just a lie."

Pinkie Pie's eyes widened as she grinned from ear to ear. "I think I can be the best at telling every pony in town just how awesome Jesus is! Why, I have my party horns and my party cannon and my..."

Applejack shoved an apple into Pinkie Pie's mouth. "I reckon ya would turn ponies away from Jesus with yer incessant ramblin's and such. I ain't tryin' to discourage ya from preachin' the truth, but ya'll remember what happened to Cranky Doodle Donkey and Pinkie Pie, even though she was able to reach into his troubled heart eventually. Not every pony is goin' to want to hear 'bout Jesus, especially comin' from a loud mouth like you! Ya got to be careful and gentle with these ponies, Pinkie Pie. If we're gonna win hearts fer the Lord, then we got to be calm and humble and..." Applejack was cut off by Pinkie Pie.

"Calm, and humble!" she said. "Got it! I'm going to win the most hearts for Jesus faster than any of you can. I'll be back in a giffy!"

"Pinkie Pie! Wait! Let us go with you! Stop!" Rarity cried out, but it was too late. The manic pink pony had already grabbed her Bible and ran outside.

"I guess we should go out and get her before she does anything too crazy," Twilight said.




Pinkie Pie was already rampaging through the town and blowing loudly into party horns. She had her party cannon with her and was blasting random ponies that happened to walk by. She would yell out a Bible verse to the passing ponies. Pinkie Pie came up to a pony and shoved a cupcake in his mouth. "Taste and see that the Lord is good!" she said.

The pony spit out the cupcake and said, "What the heck is wrong with you shoving food into my mouth like that!? I'm diabetic for crying out loud and I can't eat cupcakes! Are you trying to kill me?"

"Would you still like to give your heart away to Jesus?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"No!" the pony yelled at her.

Pinkie Pie's ears lowered with sadness. She had failed to interest a pony in the love of Jesus Christ. Pinkie Pie paused for a moment and thought to herself. Maybe she was being a bit too pushy. Maybe she should calm down and tell them about Christ. Pinkie Pie continued to think and she said to herself, "I think I'm just not trying hard enough!"

Pinkie Pie perked up when she saw two stallions holding hooves. "Hey!" she cried out. "How come you both are holding each other's hooves? Are you both scared or something? I can cheer you up! I learned to giggle at the ghostly!"

"We're not scared, we're actually gay," one of the stallions said. "That's why we hold each other's hooves."

Pinkie Pie gasped and said, "You know homosexuality is an abomination to God and practicing homosexuals do not make it into the kingdom of Heaven! Stop holding hooves and repent of your sins now!"

The other stallion spoke up and said, "We told you that we weren't scared before, but now I think it's safe to say that we are both terrified of this religious nut. Let's get the hay out of here." And with that being said, the two stallions raced away from her.

Pinkie Pie shook her front hoof angrily at the two speeding away because they had called her a religious nut. "Why, you no good meanies! I hope there is still time for you to both repent!" Pinkie Pie turned around and bumped into Twilight Sparkle. The rest of her friends were standing by as well. She looked up and saw the angry expression on her face. "What's the matter, Twi? You look like you're mad or something.

"Pinkie, how could you say that quote to that couple. That's so wrong of you," Twilight said.

"Huh?" Pinkie Pie said with confusion. "But it's one hundred percent true!" Pinkie Pie opened up her Bible and flipped through her pages. "Ah, I found it!" Before Pinkie Pie could read the verse, Twilight Sparkle used her magic to snatch the book away from her. "Hey! What did you do that for? How am I supposed to preach the truth if you're saying that the verse is wrong?"

"The verse is not wrong, but what you did was wrong," Twilight said.

"Huh? That doesn't make any sense, Twilight," Pinkie Pie said.

"The problem is that you're not gently piercing ponies with the sword of truth and letting the Holy Spirit do the rest of the work. You're actually stabbing them with the sword of truth and that's hurting the ponies. You'll never interest ponies in God if you yell at them and say things like that. You need to be more like Fluttershy. She is kind, caring, and compassionate. You're practically forcing your faith down other pony's throats. If you see that couple again, you should apologize to them."

"But, I just want to win hearts for Jesus," Pinkie Pie said with her ears lowered. "I want to win the most hearts for Him out of our entire group. I want to change pony's hearts."

Rarity spoke up and said, "Winning hearts for Jesus isn't a game or a competition, Pinkie Pie. Only God Himself can change the heart of a pony. If He decides to use you to go about that task, it's still all His doing."

"But I haven't even seen one pony come to Him besides Applejack. I want to see more. Have any of you girls actually had God work through you and a pony came to know Christ?"

All the other girls nodded their heads yes.

"Shoot!" Pinkie Pie said as she stomped her front hoof hard against the ground. "I'm going to get at least one pony to know the love of Jesus if it's the last thing I do! I'll be taking notes from all of you!"

"Just don't go screaming out their sins and please don't...." Before Twilight could finish her sentence, Pinkie Pie was already gone. "Well, I guess we can keep tabs on her later. I know we all have to get back to our work right now."

The rest of the ponies agreed and were on their way.

Author's Note: