• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 910 Views, 5 Comments

For the Good or Bad? - ClassicRockFanatic



Sam Rogers, a 27 man with a taste for music is sucked into Equestria to face many problems.

  • ...
 5
 910

The First Day

Sam was plucking away at his guitar, nothing really coming out but random chords. Sam put his guitar down and turned his light off. Sam jumped into bed and let the darkness overtake him, it was easier since he had a long day of work.
Sam woke up in a field. Sam thought ‘Woah... was I own any drugs last night?’ Sam grabbed the grass and felt it, it felt smooth almost like silk. ‘Odd, I never knew grass was silk like...’ Sam stood up and looked to his right, there was his old house from 1998 when he lived with his parents. ‘What is happening?’ Sam walked over to the house and inspected it, he opened the door up and shouted “Anybody home?!” Sam received no response, he stepped inside, throwing his coat to the side and taking his shoes off. Sam thought out loud “This brings back a lot of memories from my childhood” Sam looked in the living room and seen the furniture was there but it was more new and didn’t have that 80s feel to it.

Sam went up to his bedroom and noticed that it was basically his bedroom in his apartment but the difference was that his electric guitar was an acoustic guitar, there was also loads of posters of his favourite bands hanging upon the walls. Sam walked over to the dresser and opened it up, new furnished clothes with many of his favourite band’s logo on them. Sam questioned himself “I never owned any of this stuff...” He walked downstairs and sat down on the couch, noticing that he had a TV. Sam grabbed the remote and turned it on, nothing but black and white. Sam sighed and turned the TV off wondering what he should do....

Sam was interrupted by an abrupt knocking on the door that snapped him out of his daze, Sam rushed towards the door. “Yes?” Sam then was dazed as he was looking down at a purple pony. The pony screamed and bolted off towards god knows where. Sam now was certain that his friends slipped him a mickey....

Sam went back into his living room and noticed there was a stack of DVDs in the corner, Sam knelled and looked through them all “The Doors Live, Queen Live at Wembley, Led Zeppelin Live, The Guess Who Reunion Live... Man why is everything in this house associated with music!” Sam grabbed the DVDs and put them back on the pile. Sam sighed and thought aloud “Well at least I’ll be able to entertain myself here for however long I’ll be stuck here for.”

Sam was watching The Doors Live and was enjoying it, he was now attempting to transfer electric guitar sounds onto the acoustic, but he wasn’t having a very good time since that where his fault was, acoustics; his ears were meant for electric guitars, not acoustics. Sam was playing the last verse of ‘Riders on the Storm’ as his stomach growled. Sam knew what that was and stood up placing his guitar down and went to the kitchen to retrieve some food. Sam looked in the fridge and noticed something. It was chock full of vegetables, fruit, bread, and some other miscellaneous food. “Wow, I never bought this much food.” Sam reached in and grabbed the milk, drinking it, he put the milk back. Sam looked into the other cabinets, food everywhere, but not a single morsel of meat in sight.

After Sam filled himself up with some ketchup chips he was pacing around his living room wondering what he should do next. Sam thought aloud “Well I can go outside and explore, but I know absolutely nothing about this place and its inhabitants...” Sam picked his choice and that was to man the fort down. Sam just jumped on the couch reached into his pocket and pulling out his wallet, his iPod, and a few dollars. “Well at least I have my iPod...” Sam put the contents back into his pocket and kicked his feet up relaxing, going over what might’ve happened last night.

After a few hours of doing nothing he heard another knock at his door which knocked him out of his stupor, but it held confidence behind it. Sam stood up and rushed to the door, he flung it open and this time he seen 5-ponies, one orange, one white, one blue, one purple, and a pink one. “What is that thing?” The blue one yelled out. Sam quickly retaliated “I have a name you know, It’s Sam.” All of them looked shocked as this thing was speaking. “I-I-it can speak?” The white one said. All of them were looking at him in confusion. Sam was feeling awkward “Would you—I mean—Would you want to come in?” They were all speechless until the purple on spoke “W-we’d love to” They all scurried into his house and Sam brought them into his living room.

They all sat down and Sam just sat at his leather chair feeling the air of unease. All the ponies were staring at him and Sam said “Would you like some music...?” They all slowly nodded their heads in agreement. “Live or CD?” They were confused at what these words were and the pink one spoke up “What’s live mister?” Sam realized that ponies didn’t have music. “Oh, it’s when somebody plays music, but the person actually plays in front of you.” They all said “We’d like live.” Sam reached over for his acoustic guitar and began to strum the opening to “Takin’ Care of Business” his arm glowed slightly brown and the drums, they keyboard, and the secondary guitar played out of thin air. Sam readied his lips and began to sing the first verses

They get up every morning from the alarm clock's warning
Take the eight-fifteen into the city
There's a whistle up above and people push and people shove
And all the girls, who try to look pretty
And if your train's on time you can get to work by nine
And start your slaving job to get your pay
If you ever get annoyed look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day

As Sam was singing all the ponies were looking at him in astonishment. Sam was singing the rest of the song and noticed the other instruments playing but he was having a good time showing off. Sam stringed the last chord and he slapped the strings to end the song. Sam instantly felt a wave of awkwardness wash over him as he forget he was performing in front of people and let himself go. “Did you haha... like that?” Sam rubbed the back of his head rustling his short hair. All of them were speechless until the blue one spoke up “Did we ever!” all of them started to agree with her right after. The purple one spoke up “What is that thing you’re holding?” Sam looked at his guitar and said “Oh this? It’s an acoustic guitar.” Sam then began to strum out the opening to ‘American Woman’. All the girls were focused in on him. “Oh, I almost drifted off again...” All the girls ‘awed’ as he stopped. Sam put his guitar down and his guitar playing broke the ice. The pink one shouted ecstatically “Let’s introduce ourselves, come on!”

The pink one appeared in a blur in front of him and shook his hand. “Hello! My name is Pinkie Pie!” She zipped over to the couch. “Hello my name is Rarity.” Rarity shook his hand elegantly. “Hello mai’ name is Applejack.” Applejack shook his hand hard. “Hello my name is Twilight.” Twilight shook his hand normally. “Hello my name is Rainbow Dash!” Rainbow Dash shook his hand hard, but not as hard as Applejack.

All the girls sat down and they were staring at him, Pinky Pie spoke “Well, you should introduce yourself too silly!” Sam instantly realized that he said “Well, my name is Sam Rogers, I’m 27, I love music as you can see. I am very smart but choose to keep to myself and not shoot my mouth off a lot.” All the girls just took it, since they didn’t really argue since they haven’t actually introduced themselves, minus their names.

As they all scurried out of the home Sam seen the sun was starting to set, Sam shut all the blinds and curtains. Sam went upstairs and took a quick shower. Sam looked into the mirror; his 5’o clock shadow was thickening up, it was sort of wispy at the ends now. Sam thought ‘Meh, it’s not like I’m supposed to be dressed up for anything special or anything.’ He looked at his other features, he had a fair build but didn’t have any fat. Sam’s hair was black, short and messy too. He had sea green eyes. Overall he thought he was handsome.

Sam crept into his bedroom and crawled into his bed, he grabbed his iPod and turned it on, going to his “Easy Listening” section, the first song that came up was “The Doors – Light My Fire” Sam grabbed his pillow and fluffed it up, he threw his blanket over himself and shut his eyes, letting himself drift off.