• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 4,916 Views, 131 Comments

Pirates of the Alicorn - Moheart7



When a pirate named Captain Jack Silver steals the Elements of Harmony, it's up to Twilight and the rest of the Mane Six to get them back. Soon enough they all find themselves on a swashbuckling adventure to find the SEVENTH Element of Harmony.

  • ...
11
 131
 4,916

Prologue: Moonlight Docking

As Princess Luna’s full moon shone brightly over the murky darkness of the docks near the boarders of Equestria, a large, dark ship made its way through the mist and made port right at the edge of the nearest dock. The shadowy figure of the Unicorn Captain at once stood upon the main deck, a gleeful glare in his emerald-green eyes as he used his magic to levitate a medium sized spyglass to one of them, he scanned the horizon to the west of his ship, a certain mountain catching his gaze. With a sinister smile he put the spyglass back into his coat pocket and turned to his crew of not only ponies, but also an assortment of mismatched creatures including Diamond Dogs, Zebras, a small purple Dragon and a skinny looking Changeling.

"We have arrived, my friends!" he called to them in a gruff booming voice. "Now I shouldn't have to tell you how this works… but what the hay, I enjoy saying it so much I'm going to anyway."

The crew couldn't help but snicker as their Captain continued.

"You all have your assignments," he said. "While half of you go stay here and guard the ship, a large shore party shall invade that small town to the west and load up on all their precious loot!"

At those words cheered, until the small, purple dragon spoke up.

"And what of the locals?" he asked in a small, squeaky voice.

Hearing this, the Captain only chuckled.

"Scare them, break a few bones if you have to but I don't want any pony killed, the bounty on our heads is high enough as it is."

The crew snickered again only this time even louder.

"All right lads!" the Captain shouted. "Let's get this wagon rolling! Shimmer, take the shore party and get looting!"

At those words a teal earth pony with a mossy green mane then spoke up from the crowd.

"Aye-aye Captain!" She called. "Alright boys you heard him, all ashore, we have booty to steal!"

At that point, at least half the crew, led by the teal earth pony, cheered and began to run down the gangplank off the ship, onto the docks and onto dry land. As the Captain gazed at the crew members heading westward towards the town with an evil smile on his face, another pony stepped forward from the crowd left behind and stood next to his Captain, he was a black unicorn with blood-red eyes, purple mane, a broken horn and a spyglass Cutie Mark, as he stood next to his Captain, a look of concern appeared in his eye.

"And what is that you'll be doing Captain?" he asked with a deep, sinister voice. "It is not like you to just sit back while you let a simple shore party do all the work."

"My dear Blackhorn," the Captain chuckled as he raised his spyglass to his eye again. "You DO know me all too well. Yes it's true, I don't usually stand around the ship doing nothing while the shore party gets to have all the fun, and this occasion shall be no different."

"And?" Blackhorn asked. “What is it you have going on in your head this time?”

"Well Blackhorn, while the shore party is looting that small town to the west," the Captain explained. "I shall be turning my attention to that glamorous city on the mountain, as I understand it, within the vaults of that castle lays a great treasure that will dwarf any that we've stolen in our entire lifetime."

Seizing his own spyglass from his vest pocket, Blackhorn put it to his eye, as he gazed into it he saw what his Captain was talking about. Built into the side of the mountain east of a small town was indeed a large white city, a city that easily reflected the shining full moon, thus sticking out amongst the darkness of the night.

"And what may I ask is this treasure you speak of?" Blackhorn asked as he lowered his telescope.

"I’m afraid THAT is where I leave you in suspense my dear quartermaster" the Captain chuckled as he once again lowered his spyglass. "I want it to be a surprise for when I bring the little beauties on board ship. But I can tell you this my friend, by this time tomorrow the city of Canterlot will have seen a day that they will NEVER forget."