• Published 25th Nov 2013
  • 3,168 Views, 46 Comments

I think I love you... - FinnPony



Rarity gets to know with Rumble's big brother Thunderlane, and soon notices that one certain stallion keeps spinning in her thoughts, and decides that she has to do something about it.

  • ...
14
 46
 3,168

First encounter.

The next night.

Rarity was laying in her bed, still awake and listening carefully. She was ready to spring out of her bed immediately after any kind of an voice from the front door. Rumble was staying in the Carousel Boutique for the night, without his brothers permission, and he would probably come looking for him.

"What are you doing Rarity? You like Big Macintosh!" she thought, but then she remembered that he was already with somepony else. She then started to wonder why Thunderlane made her feel this tensed up again.

"Am I getting desperate? No.. He's just a pretty looking colt. Of course I can have a try with him," Rarity ensured herself.
She had been thinking about Thunderlane from the day when she saw him ride that lighting. That had given her some thrills only couple had never given her.

Big Macintosh was one of them, but he was out of the picture now. Rarity would never steal a stallion from another mare, that would be a terrible thing to do.

"I haven't really spoken to him after the incident at the thunderbolt academy," Rarity pondered again. She tried to think how much he had changed from those times. She then rolled around her bed carefully. She tried not to mess her elegant mane.

"Of course I have to be at my best when I meet him," Rarity thought. She was now facing the big window in her room. The night sky was getting clearer. And she could see the stars on the sky.
Rarity sighed. She was starting to fear that Thunderlane wasn't coming at all.

Suddenly she saw a shadow pass her window, and she quickly jumped from under her blanket.
She looked in the mirror, and fixed couple of loose curls on her mane. She then quickly, but as quiet as possible trotted down the stairs, and in front of the front door. She didn't want her parents who were visiting her to wake up.

Rarity peeked trough the peephole in the door, and let out a small eep.
There he stood, the almost black pegasus with ice blue mane shaped as a mohawk and golden eyes. He was just about to knock on the door, but Rarity swung the door open, smiling to him happily.

Thunderlane jumped a bit back when the door opened, and froze still when he saw who opened it.

"H-hi.." he muttered, and Rarity giggled a little. She had that effect on most of the stallions.

"Hi to yourself," Rarity said with a sultry tone, examining Thunderlane up and down.
They were silent for a second, just looking at each other. Rarity noticed that Thunderlane had become a grown up stallion, with big wings and adult features in his face. He was about a head taller than Rarity, and he had athletic body with well formed muscles..

Finally Thunderlane remembered why he was there, and he asked: "Umm.. Is Rumble here?"

"Why yes he is," Rarity said, and saw how a frown appeared on Thunderlane's forehead.

"That little brat.. He was supposed to be sleeping half an hour ago," he hissed angrily. Rarity felt a small tingle in her back, when Thunderlane cursed, but she gave him a displeased stare and said: "What's the tongue."

"Sorry," Thunderlane mumbbled, but then he asked: "Where is he? We should go home."

"He's been sleeping for a good hour and a half now," Rarity answered, and liked the way Thunderlane's expression changed.

"Really?" he asked, and looked at Rarity with surprised look on his face.

"Yes, He even has his school things backed for tomorrow," Rarity said with a smile. Thunderlane's surprised expression turned into a small smile, and he said: "Well let him sleep then. No need to school him.. for now."

They then stood in silence for a minute, and just stared at each other. Rarity started to feel awkward, and she knew that she had to make the initiative. She thought for something, and then got what to say.

"I saw you couple of days back, riding that lighting," she said. Thunderlane stood up more straight, and said proudly: "Only one who knows how to."

"So I've heard," she said seductively, making Thunderlane feel hot on his cheeks.

"I have to say that you have been quite a good father figure for Rumble," Rarity continued, stepping forward. Thunderlane scratched his mane nervously, and said: "Thanks?"
Rarity continued to push herself closer to Thunderlane, and cooed: "I like stallions who know how to handle kids,"
They were silent, and there were only couple of inches between their muzzles. Rarity felt that same tug in her chest that she had felt in her dream last night. She breathed a bit more faster, and saw him looking at her lips.

"Calm down Rarity, don't ruin this now," Rarity thought, and bit her lower lip.

"Anyway, we should get to bed, it's getting late," Rarity said and turned around, before she could have done something she would have regretted. She swayed her tail to his face gently when she turned around, and slowly walked towards the door. She then heard Thunderlane say: "Wait."

"Yes!" Rarity thought and almost jumped from excitement. She then turned around, and saw that Thunderlane was really nervous. He was trying to say something.

"Yes?" Rarity asked with anticipation in her voice.
Thunderlane looked her right into those azure eyes. Rarity blinked, and smiled at him encouragingly. Finally Thunderlane managed to speak: "I... Maybe.. I thought if.."

"If I wanted to go out with you?" Rarity said, not hiding her excitement.
Thunderlane blushed, but managed to say: "Yeah."

"I thought you'd never ask honey," Rarity cooed.

Thunderlane's face light up and he smiled at Rarity, who smiled back at him. They spent a moment looking at each other, before Rarity cleared her throat.

"I have free time tomorrow after eight." she said quietly.
Thunderlane had a goofy smile on his face, but he then snapped out of it. He flashed a sheepish smile at warmly smiling Rarity, and said: "That sounds good! Will I come to pick you up then?"

"I'll be looking forward to it," Rarity said happily.

Then they were silent again for a second, before Thunderlane finally said: "Okay.. I'll come get you tomorrow,"

"You do that," Rarity said, giggling at Thunderlane's hazing a little. He blushed a little, and said: "Well.. Goodnight Rarity,"

"Sweet dreams Thunderlane," Rarity said with sultry tone, and watched as the blushing pegasus took off into the night sky. After that Rarity let out a small squeal and hopped in place. She started to giggle like a little schoolfilly.

"I'm having a date!" she thought happily while jumping on the steps of Carousel Boutique, swaying her head from side to side feeling exited.