• Published 25th Nov 2013
  • 3,169 Views, 46 Comments

I think I love you... - FinnPony



Rarity gets to know with Rumble's big brother Thunderlane, and soon notices that one certain stallion keeps spinning in her thoughts, and decides that she has to do something about it.

  • ...
14
 46
 3,169

Happy dreams..

Rarity stood in front of a big forest. She didn't know what forest it was, but she knew that it wasn't the Everfree forest. This one looked even more threatening than Everfree ever did. The road she stood was muddy and it messed her hooves, making her coat all wet and dirty.
Rarity looked at her hooves, pouting sadly. She tried to shake the mud of from her hooves, but it just splashed everywhere, making things even worse. She let out a small whimper, and looked towards the road.

"This is like a nightmare!" Rarity whined to no one in special.

Somehow she knew that what she was after, was in the end of that road. It didn't make sense, but she knew that she had to get to the other end of that road.

Rarity stomped her hoof in the mud angrily in frustration, regretting it immediately. She just managed to splash more mud onto her well kept fur. She groaned sadly, and drooped her head. Rarity then started to walk slowly towards her goal.

For a while she just walked, and the only sound she heard was quiet squelching sound from the muddy road she walked. Suddenly she didn't hear the squelching anymore, and noticed that she was now walking on a dry dirt road, and small dust clouds puffed from under her hooves as she walked. Rarity knew that she was close, and looked forward.
There she saw her goal.

She saw Twilight Sparkle's hot air balloon. It standing there, in the end of the road, ready for lift off.
Rarity started to beam, and let out a small happy squeal. She started to gallop towards the hot air balloon, and quickly jumped into it. She then used her magic to turn on the burner, making the balloon fill with hot air.
She felt a small nudge, and the balloon started to rise upwards slowly.

Soon Rarity was soaring slowly on the skies, but now she had new problem.

"What now?" she asked from herself. She had reached her goal, but what did it mean. She still felt like something was missing. Raritylooked around the light blue, cloudless sky around her.
There was nothing, it was like she would have been drifting in blue emptiness of nothing.

Then the storm began.
Rarity gasped as black clouds appeared from nowhere, and surrounded the small hot air balloon with terrified white unicorn mare in it. She tried to turn off the burner, but nothing happened. The balloon kept rising upwards.
Rarity started to panic when first waves of wind caught the balloon. She knew what was going to happen next. She had been there before.

Just then the tornado appeared from out of nowhere, and was getting closer to her in full speed. Rarity closed her eyes and screamed, preparing for the worst.
To her surprise, the twister never caught her, and she didn't hear the sound of strong wind in her ears anymore.
Rarity slowly opened her eyes, only to scream in terror again.

She was falling.
She was still high up, but saw the earth that was getting closer and closer to her.

"My godness let this be a bad dream!" Rarity pleaded with tears in her eyes, as the ground started to get even closer. She closed her eyes again, and waited for the impact.
Once again, it didn't come.

She didn't dare to open her eyes for a while, but then she realized that she was still alive.
Rarity could hear quiet flapping sound of wings, and feel strong hooves under her hind legs and around her upper body. Rarity opened only one eye first, and saw somehow familiar golden eye looking back at her. She then opened her another eye, blinking surprised.
In front of her she saw Thunderlane's broadly smiling face.

"We have to stop meeting like this," he said playfully, and Rarity blushed a bit. She then looked at him straight into those golden eyes. She felt something tug in her chest when she looked into those warm eyes, and she licked her lips quickly. Rarity then placed her hoof on Thunderlane's shoulder.

"I never thanked you, Thunderlane," she said, still staring into his eyes.

"Then maybe you should," Thunderlane said, smiling slyly. Rarity giggled sweetly, and leaned closer towards Thunderlane. They pursed their lips, and Rarity closed her eyes.

Just before their lips touched, she heard familiar voice shout: "Rarity! Rumble's not here yet!"

Rarity opened her eyes, and saw the top of her bed's silk roof. She blinked couple of times, and noticed that her pillow was in her tight embrace, and that she was actually kissing it. She pushed the pillow away from her and turned around in her bed, to her side. She saw worried looking Sweetie Belle at her door.

"What is it honey?" Rarity asked tiredly, and Sweetie Belle started stomping her hooves on the floor.

"Hee's not comiiing!" Sweetie Belle whined, and Rarity quickly glanced at the clock. She then grunted and looked at Sweetie Belle with an annoyed expression on her face.

"I'ts quarter past seven in the morning!" Rarity said angrily to her sister, who gave her a sheepish look. Rarity sighed and said: "I know you're looking forward to your date with him honey, but you have to be patient!"

"Okay.." Sweetie Belle said, drooping her ears. She then said: "Sorry Rarity."
Rarity couldn't be mad at her, she was just exited. Rarity lifted herself to lean against her hoof, and looked at Sweetie Belle with warm smile on her face.

"It's okay honey, just give me couple of more minutes," Rarity asked from her little sister, who immediately perked up and said briskly: "Okay Rarity!"

She then shut the door, and Rarity heard hoofsteps get further away from her door.
Rarity let out a frustrated sigh and flopped back onto her king size bed, pulling the silk sheets over her. She then saw her pillow, that had a damp patch on the place where she had kissed it.

Rarity's thoughts went back to her dream, and she thought: "This is getting ridiculous!"