• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 2,775 Views, 187 Comments

The Fourth Alicorn - Cobalt the Kitsune



Twilight Sparkles new assignment is a little... different. An Alicorn colt who has no memory.

  • ...
52
 187
 2,775

Prologue

Prologue : Day-bringer battle

The field was burning and torn up. A dark blue alicorn with sky blue mane and tail .He was wearing armour of obsidian. On his wings razor sharp blades with a hinge at the joint. He ran across the muddy field and dove into a trench. “Commander Hurricane, Whats our status?” An explosion sounded near there hiding spot.

“Your sister’s venti have retreated. Same with your other sisters unicorn guard. But my pegausi ,loyal to the end, are still fighting.” Answered The rainbow stallion.

“Fly away!!!” several pegausi shouted.

“You cowards come back here.” Several black, oozing, clawed creatures then formed out of the shadow.

“Shades” said the Alicorn stallion.
“At lest there not crystallized this time.”
“Still don’t like ,em.”Then one of shades leaped and landed a blow on the alicorns right eye. “ Aaarrgg, you stupid shadow” the cuts where still bleeding he then pulled out his saber out of it sheath. And ran the shade though with it. It then exploded into the same shadow it was formed from.”I’ve been fighting crystalline shades so much I’ve forgotten how easy it to defeat normal ones.” He then jabbed another one.
“Hey save some for me.” Hurricane said jumping out of the trench. he then proceeded to slice several with his own wing blades. When they where all eradicated an eerie laugh priced the overcast above.
“hm hm hm hmmm ha ha ah! You really think I would let this important battle be won so easily? No! I’ll deiced to take care of you myself” A black tornado erupted and swirled. A jet black alicorn formed from the cyclone.
“Night stallion, Today you fall!”
“If I had a bit for ever time you said that to me...”
The alicorn then charged at the night stallion. But he quickly formed a sword out of shadow to block the downward swing. “hm hm hm, I know all your moves. You really believe you can defeat me?”
“Well I’ve have been studying.” Holding the saber in ready position they started circling
“I'm sure you have.” said Night Stallion.
“Look out!’ yelled the commander. Unawares that a dagger formed behind him. And was now plummeting towards him. Hurricane then jumped in front of him. The knife after hitting him in his heart dissolved into shadow and seeped into the wound. It poisoned him. Killing him faster.
With his last dying breath he uttered “Loyal to the end, my prince.” With this his eye lids slid closed. And passed into a life with out wars.
“Too many...one life, or thousands?” the alicorn asked himself
“Sorry, what was that?”
“NO MORE WILL DARKNESS HANG OVER EQUESTRIA!” Suddenly the alicorn started to glow and rise. Then a ring expanded out fro the point where he was hovering. A sound like a tuning fork rang out. The ring of light pushed the clouds away. The alicorn was never to be seen again.

…...............

The sun rose in Ponyville. The first rays of Celestia’s mourning sun when though Twilight Sparkles upstairs window right onto her closed eyes.” Ugh, five more minutes Celestia.” Twi said drowsily. Before she could get out of bed there was a flash of light and a loud crash. When she stubbed down the steps what a sight she beheld. Right in the middle of her history section, a dark blue alicorn colt with sky blue mane.