• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 1,527 Views, 59 Comments

Spiel der Untoten - Final Draft



Zombies, the mystery box, perk-a-cola's, and ponies. Everything CoD Zombies has to offer comes to Canterlot and four ponies must form an unlikely alliance to survive. (Formerly known as Vorhaben der Untoten)

  • ...
0
 59
 1,527

Waves Seven and Eight- Perk-a-Colas and Ponies

“You…You saved me,” Gemini said as she regained her ability to stand. She planted a kiss on Crescendo’s cheek and his wings flared out.

“It was nothing really,” he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

“It really wasn’t,” Ruble commented as he shot the first zombie to enter the door. “So are we staying here or what?”

Tank went to grab the necklace off the pony doll and it magically clasped around his neck. “What the hell?” He struggled to pry it off but it had no give.

“Wait, what? There’s something that surprised YOU? That ain’t good,” Ruble shouted over the sound of his gun fire. Gemini began blasting the incoming zombies as Ruble reloaded. Crescendo checked his coin quickly before depositing it into the Juggernog machine.

Tank regained his composure and helped to eliminate the threats. “I’m sure we’ll need this thing at some point anyway. I just wish I knew what it did.” Tank got a surprise when the first zombie he killed burst into confetti after his bullet entered its brain.

“Did…did that—”

“Yep.” Tank answered Ruble’s question before he could finish. A few zombies went to run through the confetti and stopped momentarily. Despite lacking basic intelligence, they seemed fascinated by the falling streams of colored paper.

“Look! They’re stopping!” Gemini shouted. The confetti disappeared and the zombie’s attention once again turned to the survivors. Gemini blasted them and then looked to her coin. “2500, right?” she asked. Tank nodded and Gemini ran to the vending machine.

Crescendo was still at the machine killing the zombies that dropped from the ceiling. “I will watch your back!” he shouted, spraying into the hoard. A giant gold pony skull dropped from one of the infected and hovered over its corpse. “What does the skull do?”

“That’s an insta-kill, grab it quick!” Tank replied, switching to his shotgun. He and Ruble were having a difficult time keeping the zombies outside the room.

Crescendo ran forward and was stopped inches from the power up by two immovable zombies. They swung at him, tearing his flesh with their rusted horseshoes. “Move! Move!” he shouted, trying to squeeze between them. He was shoved to the ground and evacuated the contents of his stomach onto the floor.

Next, the zombies galloped towards Gemini. She tried to drink the rest of her Juggernog and bring her weapon up but was unable to pry her lips from the bottle. The zombies violently brought her down and she coughed up the beverage.

“Tank! Situation!” Ruble shouted as he realized Gemini and Crescendo were no longer on their hooves. The red earth pony struggled to reload his sniper rifle in time to deal with the zombies that had downed his teammates. Gemini clutched her ray gun and shot in the general direction of the zombies. Her blasts splashed against the walls and ceiling, completely missing her targets.

“We’ve gotta get that insta-kill!” Tank shouted. The power-up began flashing and the room began filling with the undead. Crescendo dragged himself across the floor with the last of his strength to reach the skull.

INSTA-KILL!” the mare shouted after Crescendo was able to brush his hoof against the power-up.

Tank began head-butting the zombies one by one, sending blood spattering all over him. Their heads exploded from the force of his skull crashing into theirs and their legs crumbled out from under them.

“Watch my back, I’ll get them!” Ruble shouted, kicking his way towards his fallen allies. He got Crescendo up with no time to spare and went to get Gemini.

“You’re both gonna have to get 2500 points again for Jugg,” Tank said, leading a train of zombies around the confined room. Gemini and Crescendo began firing their weapons at Tank’s train and the zombies collapsed instantly. “No! Melee them! It’s worth more points!” Tank shouted as more of the infected rushed to replace their fallen.

“How long does this insta-kill thing last?” Ruble asked, smashing his rifle against an infected pegasus.

“Not long enough,” Tank replied, continuing to corral the zombies for Gemini and Crescendo to kill. “Just so long as none of them drop a nuke, we should be fine.”

As if on cue, Gemini bucked a zombie and a flash of light lit up the city.

KABOOOM! HAHAHAHA!”

“Please tell me that put you both over 2500,” Tank said, rubbing his eyes. Gemini and Crescendo looked at their coins and grimaced.

“Oh wait!” Gemini shouted as +400 appeared next to her total. “2630! Yay!”

“Buy Jugg, stay up, and let’s go.”

Wave eight was yet to begin and the four survivors left the party room down the fire escape. At last, all four of them had Juggernog and they seemed pretty optimistic. The city was still veiled in night and they trotted at a steady pace back towards the Canterlot Hotel.

“Okay, so how are we going to survive this?” Ruble asked. “Do they just stop coming eventually?”

“Well logically there’s only so many ponies living in Canterlot, and even with tourists it IS possible for us to eradicate them all over a lengthy period of time,” Gemini stated.

“But if we have killed so many already, why is there no evidence of this?” Crescendo asked. “The bodies of the fallen…they are gone. Do they get back up?”

“Oh PLEASE don’t tell me that,” Ruble said, thinking about zombie zombies.

“They don’t stop coming,” Tank said flatly. “They ALWAYS know where you are and they ALWAYS get stronger with each round.”

“Well…you’ve survived something like this before right? How?” Gemini questioned. Tank didn’t respond. His mind seemed to go somewhere else.

“Tank?” Ruble asked, prodding the alicorn. Tank shook from his trance and raised his shotgun towards the hotel lobby.

“The infected are breaking in, watch the windows and I’ll see if that elevator is working now.” They ran into the lobby which was now well lit and prepared to stand their ground. Tank ran up and smashed on the call button for the elevator and turned to the front door. The first zombies of wave eight ran in and he unloaded both chambers of his shotgun at them.

The pellets embedded into the zombies and they continued their advance. Tank switched to his Galil and attempted to get a hold on the situation. He knew he was down to his last magazine and headshots weren’t doing nearly enough damage. Confetti exploded out of his nearest target and the four behind it stopped to marvel at it.

Ruble resorted to his pistol when his rifle ran dry and struggled to keep his window repaired as five zombies all tore away at the boards. Neither Gemini nor Crescendo were fairing well either. Their weapons were near empty and the infected were seconds from flooding the room.

The elevator finally hit the ground floor and the doors opened with a ding. “Let’s go!” Tank shouted, running through the open doors. The other three allowed their windows to be compromised and joined the alicorn. Ruble barely got his tail in before the doors slammed shut and the elevator made its lazy ascent to the top floor.

All was quiet in the elevator except for an alien like noise that faded in and out. “You all hear that, right?” Ruble asked, rubbing his hoof against his ear.

“Yeah, it’s this thing.” Tank pointed to a Smarty-Pants doll in the corner of the cabin. Ruble got closer and perked his ears.

“Is it radioactive or something?” Gemini questioned, wishing she had her Geiger counter on her.

“Wait a second, that’s the same one from the box, see it’s missing its right eye and everything,” Ruble said. He prodded the doll and it made a different alien noise. “Whoa, what did I do?”

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. Just, if you find the other two, please don’t touch them,” Tank replied. They rode in silence and watched the digital floor display slowly climb.

“Um, Mister Tank,” Crescendo started, pointing to the alicorn’s bandaged wing. “If you do not mind me asking, but how did—”

Tank glared at Crescendo and the pegasus tapered off, folding his ears back.

“How did you get your cutie mark?” Gemini asked, trying to save Crescendo. “That’s all he wanted to know.”

“This?” Tank asked with moderate pride. He lifted his wing to fully show off his cutie mark—a black pawn toppling a white king. “I’ve always been good at games, heck; it’s kinda how I got into this whole mess.”

“You’re going to get us out of this mess too, right?” Ruble asked. “You do have a plan, right?”

“Plan so far is get to the castle,” Tank replied. The elevator began to slow and the digital counter approached 50. “Let’s take it one wave at a time.” The doors opened and the four filed out into an open hallway. A chalk outline of an assault rifle was drawn on the wall by a door labeled “roof access” and Tank didn’t hesitate to purchase it. The AN94 materialized from the outline and replaced the alicorn’s shotgun.

“That’s what I’m talking about!” Ruble said happily, purchasing an AN94 off the wall as well. His rifle disappeared and he put his hoof against his face. “Right, two weapons at a time, stupid rules!”

The infected began ripping down the barricades built up in front of the hotel room doors. “Wait, were they just up here waiting for us?” Gemini asked. She ran up to a barricade and blasted the two zombies tearing away at it. Two more ran to take their place. “This is impossible! The room was empty, where did these two come from—is it possible they teleported?”

“You’ll hurt yourself trying to figure some of this stuff out, sweetie,” Tank mocked. “Let’s just get up to the rooftop.”

“Hmph. Don’t call me sweetie,” Gemini said angrily.

“Hold on, I hear music down that hall,” Ruble said, running forward without the group. There was a green soda machine in one of the open hotel rooms and Ruble ran up to it.

Speed Cola speeds up your life,” the machine sang out. Ruble looked over it and noticed the ten bit price sticker and went to drop his coin in. As it entered the machine and dispensed his drink the other three ran into the room.

“3000 points,” Tank said as Ruble took a big gulp of the fizzy green liquid. The red earth pony fought back tears as he chugged the contents down. He smashed the bottle to the floor and bucked the machine angrily.

“I’m gonna find this Perk-A-Cola corporation,” Ruble said angrily as he read the manufacturers info off the machine, “and sue their flanks off!” He took his coin out of the till and looked at the 100 point remainder in disgust. Wooden boards had been set up in a large hole that linked the room with another and a zombie began tearing them down. “Shut up!” Ruble shouted, firing his AN94 at the zombie. It collapsed after having its head turned to pulp. In the blink of an eye, Ruble had swapped his magazine out for a new one.

“It’s worth the 3000,” Tank said with a grin. Ruble just looked at his hooves in amazement.

“I could be a magician. Just like I always wanted to be…until my father beat my hopes and dreams out of me and—” Ruble trailed off and the other three left him to his repressed memories. “Hey! Wait up! Where are you going?”

“Rooftop!” Crescendo shouted back. The pegasus stopped to allow his earth pony ally to catch up. “You should never give up on your dreams, comrade.”

“And you should learn how to fly,” Ruble shot back, completely breaking the moment. He went on ahead of Crescendo and shot every zombie he saw, reloading between each kill. Tank and Gemini were waiting at the roof access door killing the infected that approached. A giant gold hammer floated above the freshest kill and Ruble ran forward for it.

CARPENTER!” The voice shouted and all the windows and doors in the hotel got boarded up simultaneously.

“Here’s our, break,” tank said, kicking open the door with a *cha-ching*. A small staircase led to the roof and another door blocked their path. Tank went to kick it open but it stood against his attack.

“I don’t have enough! Gemini, can you open it?” Tank asked. Gemini tried simply opening the door by turning the knob but the lock held tight. “Oh come on! How many points does it take? Ruble! You try!”

“Ha ha ha…no.” Ruble laughed, guarding his few points.

“Really? Well, how much does it take?” Tank asked, holding his coin up to the door. It displayed no total and the alicorn looked at in confusion. “We turned on the power, what else could it need?”

“Oh, I know!” Gemini shouted. “A key!”

“Like-a this one?” Crescendo asked, pushing his way towards the door. The others didn’t even see him enter the stairwell. He took a key from his saddlebag and the door magically opened.

“Where did you find that?” Tank asked, looking at the strange skeleton key.

“It was in the hallway. Had comrade Ruble not delayed me, I likely would never have-a found it.” Crescendo replied, patting Ruble on the shoulder.

“Oh, really? Well, good, let’s go,” Tank said, running up the stairs. Ruble was last to go through the door and began cooking one of his fragmentation grenades. He lobbed it down the stairs and waited for the explosion. He heard the sound of another grenade being lobbed and looked down at his hooves to see one roll past.

“What? NO!” Ruble shouted, trying to run from the grenade. It exploded and he became shrouded in a cloud of smoke. His grenade down the stairs went off a second later. When the smoke cleared, he was sitting there with his hooves over his eyes.

Crescendo let out a laugh and tossed another grenade at the petrified earth pony. “Like this?” he shouted over his shoulder to Tank.

“A little further,” the alicorn replied with a grin, “you want to get them down the staircase.”

“Not funny! NOT FUNNY!” Ruble shouted as he dodged the second explosion. “There is nothing friendly about friendly fire!”

Crescendo’s final grenade sailed over Ruble’s head and bounced down the stairs. It detonated moments later, taking several zombies with it. A sinister wind swept across the rooftop and thunder crashed in the distance.

“Enough fooling around,” Tank said with seriousness. “Let’s get to the teleporter.”