• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 8,372 Views, 314 Comments

My Little Pony: Grimlock is King - Flanagan



In the heat of battle a space bridge sends Grimlock and several other Transformers to Equestria.

  • ...
7
 314
 8,372

Grimlock vs. King Sombra

Icy winds howled across the frozen wastes, beating themselves into the sides of the ice covered mountains. Nothing could live in this hostile of an environment and not to mention that one would be insane to even consider so much as looking in its direction. That however made it the perfect location. Nothing would ever believe that there could be something lying underneath its cold surface.

The sound of jet thrusters were barely audible over the howling winds of the outside, in fact flying itself was almost impossible, visibility was less five feet. That didn’t stop Starscream from doing it though, he may have been a backstabbing failure when it came to most forms of combat, but his flying skills were next to none. Setting his thrusters into high gear he cut through the frozen air, the only evidence he left were the fleeting sounds of thunder made every time he broke through the sound barrier.

“Won’t be long now…” he said to himself as he picked up speed, “The coordinates Shockwave gave me are less than a nano click away.”

A loud ping erupted inside Starscream’s cockpit, signifying him to slow down. With a steep bank left that would kill any fleshling, he began to descend. In a matter of seconds his body morphed from a jet to its robot form, the collision with the ground afterward sent a wave of ice and snow nearly twenty feet in the air. It didn’t faze him one bit, he always had a knack for flare as it was. Checking his holopad he noticed there was an anomaly in the terrain, a cave, a cave that emitted the distinct signature of energon.

“Very perceptive Shockwave…” Starscream grunted to himself, walking towards the cave, “Even the dullest of Dinobots could find this place…”

Starscream continued to make his way towards the cave, but he abruptly stopped just before he walked inside. He couldn’t shake the feeling that someone was watching him. In an instant he spun around, his trademarked Null Ray ready to blast away anything that showed up on his targeting systems, but to his surprise there was nothing there except for the ice and snow.

“I could’ve sworn…” he said scratching his head, but he shrugged it off and continued into the cave.

Once inside he could hear the sounds of Shockwave’s tinkering deep within. He wondered how Shockwave managed to create a lab on the backwater planet, there was absolutely no advanced technology, and the inhabitants hadn’t even come close to developing a quantum generator yet. Then again that just spoke volumes of how intelligent and resourceful Shockwave was, a resourcefulness that Starscream would need to further his owns means on this planet, all he had to do was wait for the right moment.

Starscream’s thoughts were paused yet again by the strange feeling he had before he walked into the cave. Spinning around again he actually fired his Null Ray without a thought of whoever could’ve been behind him. Smoke hissed out of his weapon’s barrel as he opened his optics expecting to see something lying at his feet, but again there was nothing. Unnerved Starscream quickened his pace inside the cave until the noises of Shockwave’s lab drowned out Starscream’s growing paranoia.

He entered a large cavern, one big enough for even Bruticus to have some head room, but it was far from empty. Tubes, wires and all other manor of scientific equipment filled the edges of the caverns walls. At the far end of the cavern there was a single figure, hovering over a project. Sparks flew around him, leaving an eerie silhouette flickering on the walls, Shockwave was experimenting.

“Shockwave!” Starscream roared to get is attention, “We need to talk about our base of operations…”

Starscream’s words and even the echo of them had fallen on deaf audio sensors. Shockwave was far to fixated on what he was doing to care about Starscream’s complaining, much to Starscream’s dismay.

“Are you listening to me you oversized science project?!” He yelled in anger, “Do you even have the slightest inkling of what you’ve done?” Starscream pointed to the cavern’s entrance and began to wave his arms frantically. “There’s only one way out of this place! And because of your constant experimentation even I can see the excess amounts of energon that’s pouring out of this place, I couldn’t imagine what would happen if someone like Grimlock were to show up. The way you upgraded him he could probably detect our base from the other side of the mountain range!”

Shockwave paused for a moment at the mention of both his greatest achievement and failure. Taking a quick glance at Starscream the low hum of Shockwave’s canon began to fill the cavern.

“Aw strike a bad spark?” Starscream gloated, “Well, I would give you a hand, but if I did Grimlock might just take that one as well. Now if you’ll-“

THUM!

A massive blast of energy erupted from Shockwave’s canon, missing Starscream by mere inches. Starscream hit the floor hands over his head in the fetal position, after a few seconds he realized that he was completely unharmed. Thankful that he didn’t lose anything he then remembered the reason he had to check his body for parts. Starscream shot to his feet, Null Ray pointing directly at Shockwave’s unmoving eye.

“I think you missed…” he growled, placing his weapon on fire, “I assure you that I-“

“I didn’t miss…” Shockwave said completely ignoring Starscream as he walked past him.

“Are you dense?!” Starscream roared, “You shot directly at me, but your inferior skill caused you to-“

“There is nothing inferior about me…” Shockwave said kneeling to the floor, “Or is there an explanation that you allowed THIS into my lab?”

Shockwave rose and turned around to show Starscream a bizarre creature. It looked like half of an earth creature called a horse, half smoke. Despite that there was something even stranger about the creature, the hole that Shockwave had put into it wasn’t pouring blood, instead it was pouring energon.

“Wha-what manner of creature is THIS?!” Starscream shrieked falling backwards.

“I have yet to create a name for it.” Shockwave said examining it further, “but I have noticed creatures like the following us through the mountains, and when they’re nearby the temperature of the surrounding area drops so low that some organics may freeze near instantly.”

“How is it even capable of such a thing?” Starscream asked jumping back up to his feet in an attempt to make himself look better.

“That is also unknown, but I have a theory that this being ‘feeds’ off of negative emotions.” Shock was said taking the creature back to his lab table. “But that doesn’t matter, what does matter is what it’s made of.”

“Energon?”

“An astute observation Starscream…” Shockwave answered turning around. “But that is only halfway correct.”

“What exactly do you mean?” Starscream asked crossing his arms. “How can it be half energon?”

“If the other half is organic.” Shockwave replied to Starscream’s shock.

“H-how… how is that possible?” Starscream stuttered.

“I’m still trying to comprehend it myself.” Shockwave said grabbing a box. “But I have managed to find something else.”

He reached into the box and pulled out one of the many captives that Starscream and the Combaticons had managed to acquire close to the energon spire. A female by the looks of it, she was desperately trying to free herself from Shockwave’s grasp, begging him to the point of tears to let her go. Shockwave just stared at her coldly as he placed her into one of the few empty energon cubes that he had managed to create.

“PLEASE!” she pleaded, desperately trying to crawl out of the cube, “Let me go! I’ll give you anything… ANYTHING!”

“It’s cute how she begs.” Starscream said with a sadistic smile, “I almost want to put her out of her misery quickly.”

“Such a show of emotion is pathetic.” Shockwave said, “She knows that there is no chance of escape, but she believes that if she pleas we will let her go.”

“What was that thing you managed to find out?” Starscream asked looking to Shockwave. “You still haven’t explained it.”

“Of course... how illogical of me not to explain my findings,” Shockwave said flipping a switch that activated the cube, making the pony scream in unnatural ways. “Though I don’t know how these creatures are half organic, I managed to find a way to extract the energon.”

“Fascinating.” Starscream said over the cries of painful agony the pony was making. “Is the procedure fatal?”

“Very.” Shockwave answered looking to the convulsing creature in the cube. “I’ve been trying to make the process more efficient, quicker, but I lack the materials to advance in my tests.”

“What a shame.” Starscream replied seeing that the pony was now motionless in a pool of brightly glowing energon, “It also seems that the yield of these things is quite low…”

“Yes,” Shock wave said pulling the lifeless body out of the cube, “but the energon extracted is the purest I have ever witnessed, even Cybertron lacked such a pure source.”

“So… we’ve got organic hybrids that create the purest form of energon in existence, but the amount is so small that we really can’t do anything with it.” Starscream said rubbing his chin, “What should we do next.”

“The only logical choice…” Shockwave answered pulling out yet another terrified pony, who screamed upon seeing him and his dead counterpart. “Make more…”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“S-Sombra…” Luna stuttered, “I thought you were-“

“That’s KING Sombra to you ‘princess’!” he hissed, eyes glowing with ferocity, “And dead? No, I far from it now my dear, in fact I doubt that I’ve ever felt stronger!”

“But I saw you die!” Twilight blurted out, “I saw the power of the crystal heart rip you to shreds!”

“Ah yes…” Sombra growled thinking back on the day, “I WAS ripped to shreds, but it has been so long since I’ve needed a physical form…”

“What stupid smoke talking about?” Grimlock asked, looking to Princess Celestia for an answer. “And why he call himself king?”

“Because I AM a king you halfwit!” Sombra snapped before gaining his composure, “Where are my manors… Celestia, be a dear and explain to your oversized pet who I am, he did ask you after all.”

Grimlock nearly took a swing at the smoke but a quick tap on his foot from the princess caught his attention before his fist even clinched. “King Sombra was an evil pony who lived over one thousand years ago.” She began keeping a close eye on the smoke, “He ruled the crystal empire through fear and hatred, until my sister and I stopped him.”

“Not necessarily stopped.” Sombra corrected, “More or less, slowed down…”

“And then close to a year ago Twilight Sparkle defeated him along with the help of her friends and my niece.”

“Again not exactly accurate ‘princess’…” Sombra smiled, “As you can see they failed in disposing of me.”

“Then how did you manage to survive?” Celestia asked, ready for his inevitable betrayal.

“I must admit, that was the closest that I had ever come to death…” Sombra answered, his smoky form slithering downward towards the ponies still standing. “I traveled great distances, looking for both fear and hatred, but alas I found none…” The smoke stopped just inches away from Celestia to form a face, “That is until I ran into your ‘loyal’ friend here…”

“What did you do to Rainbow Dash?!” Twilight roared, her horn glowing violently.

“Me? Nothing...” Sombra answered, turning his attention to the small alicorn. “She did all of this herself, I simply latched on to her in an attempt to survive.” The smoke floated over to Rainbow Dash, still lying lifeless on the ground, in an instant she was engulfed in the smoke, but Sombra was doing something completely unexpected, he was cradling her. “Who knew so much fear and hate could reside in a single pony? And who know that it could be all held for one being?”

“What are you-“ Twilight froze midsentence and looked up to Grimlock, finally realizing what he had meant by ‘one being’.

Grimlock on the other hand was more than ready to slam his fist into the stupid smoke. He still had a promise to keep though and even though the pony in the smoke probably deserved to be roughed up, Grimlock always kept his promises.

“Let her go!” Princess Celestia roared, her horn glowing a spectacular gold.

“Not the wisest choice of wording…” Sombra laughed shooting up towards the ceiling. Once he could go no further he dropped the lifeless Rainbow Dash.

Within seconds she was enveloped in the pink glow of Twilight’s magic. Sombra anticipated such a move, knowing that Twilight would do anything to save a friends life. With Twilight momentarily distracted Sombra whisked down back to the group firing a powerful bolt of dark magic at Princess Cadence. No pony was prepared for his speed, especially Cadence, the blast sent her into the pillar Grimlock had been bound, causing it to buckle and shatter upon impact. The sudden collapse caught Grimlock off guard, the towering pillar easily twice his size fell upon him, but not before he swatted Twilight out of the way and into a wall, rendering her unconscious.

That just left Luna and Celestia, who were now more than ready for Sombra’s assault. Throwing up their respective shields Sombra’s dark magic bounced off them without so much as a scratch. Sombra floated back into the air a sick smile on his face as the Princess Glared at him.

“You can’t beat us both Sombra!” Celestia roared, firing a blast of her magic at him. “You’ll fall as you did so long ago!”

“Such bold words…” Sombra chuckled easily dodging the attack, “Last time I recall you and your sister were still bound to the elements back then… now all of them lie unconscious on the floor.”

“That means NOTHING!” Luna replied charging him, “We shall cast you into oblivion permanently this time!”

“Oh still so quick to act are we?” Sombra said grabbing Luna by the throat, “Then again… I’ve always loved that about you.”

“You loved that too much…” Luna growled trying to break herself free, “among your many crimes against pony kind trying to force a princess to take your hoof in marriage is a minor offence.”

“I can’t help the fact that you would make fine heirs to my kingdom.” Sombra said pulling Luna in closer, “And after I’m done with your sister I have plans for you…”

At that moment he forced his lips into Luna’s, who struggled and kicked in a vain attempt to free herself from his grasp. Down on the ground, Celestia was charging up one of her most powerful spells in hopes to take Sombra down once and for all, but she had to be careful, Luna was still in his clutches and she didn’t want to risk losing her sister again.

“What’s the matter Tia?” Sombra asked, finally releasing Luna from his lips, “Jealous that you don’t get at much love as your sister? She has really only been back a few years you know.”

“Unhand me you heathen!" Luna roared doing her best to spit out the taste of Sombra out of her mouth, “You dare force a kiss on the NI-“

“Now, now Luna remember my motto…” he said wrapping her lips shut, “Wives are for kissing, not talking.”

Sombra went in for another unwanted kiss but someone else in the room had completely different plans. The pillar began to rumble uncontrollably until finally the beast under it burst forth.

“ENOUGH TALK!” Grimlock roared slamming his fist into the smoke one second after Luna bucked Sombra in the jaw to free herself. “NOW FIGHT!”

Grimlock’s fist slammed so hard into the ground that the entire castle above and a few blocks around began to shake with the impact. After a few moments the shaking finally stopped leaving Celestia to rush to her sister’s side. She looked over Luna full of worry, praying that no harm was brought to her during Grimlock’s attack.

“Are you alright Luna?” Celestia asked her voice full of fear, “Did he hurt you?”

“Only my pride Tia…” Luna said holding her head, “You’d think I’d learn since the last time…”

“After what he did to you I still don’t blame you.” Celestia said wrapping her forelegs around Luna’s neck, “I promise I’ll never let him touch you again.”

“Then I’ll consider that promise broken momentarily…” Sombra chuckled rising from the crater in his smoky form. “I must give it to you Luna, I had no idea you were that flexible, maybe after I kill your sister and this giant oaf we can see just how far I can stretch you.”

“Grimlock grow tired of talk!” he roared swinging with his right, but much to his surprise his fist just went right through Sombra like thin air. “How you-“

“Is this SERIOUSLY your greatest champion Celestia?” Sombra laughed, “It’s almost like he doesn’t have a brain!”

“Me like to BASH brains…” Grimlock growled, reading his left, “Maybe even bash yours!”

Grimlock swung with all of his might at his enemy, but just as it had before it passed right through him. Only this time his fist slammed into one of the castle’s supports, shattering it like glass. Grimlock looked to his foe with both rage and confusion while Sombra couldn’t help but burst into laughter.

“You’re even more stupid than I was lead to believe!” Sombra yelled, firing a bolt of magic into Grimlock’s stomach, sending him flying across the room. “I don’t have a physical form, your attacks can’t bring harm to me!”

“But WE can!” Celestia yelled firing a volley of magic alongside her sister.

The combined might of the alicorn’s magic hit Sombra center mass, sending the former tyrant reeling in pain as he fell to the ground.

“That won’t keep him down forever.” Celestia said looking to Luna. “We need the elements.”

“I’ll do my best to distract him.” Luna said taking unveiling her wings, you do your best to revive Twilight.”

“You can’t do that alone Luna.” Celestia said, “He’s stronger than both of us now.”

“I’ll be fine sister. You gather the elements besides…” Luna said taking flight. “This is personal…”

Before Celestia could argue Luna was off to face her most hated enemy, leaving Celestia with the task of bringing the elements back to their feet. That was much easier said than done, along with suffering from the explosion Sombra had also cast a powerful spell on the element bearers, casting them into a deep sleep while they experienced their worst fears. The first pony Celestia managed to find was Rarity, who was screaming to her friends as she saw them abandon her.

“Please let this work…” Celestia whispered, enveloping the unicorn in her golden magic. “Please… please…”

After a few seconds of nothing Rarity suddenly jumped into reality, holding her chest in sheer terror. “DON’T LEAVE ME! PLEASE!” she screamed before opening her eyes. “I DON’T WANT TO BE-“

“Calm down Rarity.” Celestia said placing her hoof on her shoulder. “It was just a nightmare.”

“I-it felt so real…” Rarity said with tears in her eyes, “They… they left me…”

“I understand Rarity but now you need to pull yourself together.” Celestia said looking to the sounds of combat in the distance. “Luna’s doing her best but we won’t be able to win without the other elements.”

“Y-you’re right…” Rarity replied shaking her head. “What can I do to help?”

“Find the others.” Celestia answered, “I’ll cast the same spell that I did on you and-“

A sudden rumble interrupted Celestia when from a pile of shattered crystals a monstrous fist erupted from its bowls. Soon after the rest of Grimlock followed, his visor glowing a deep, threatening red.

“Grimlock!” Celestia said rushing to his side, “You have no idea how glad I am to see that you’re unharmed. We need you to-“

“Stupid… smoke…” Grimlock growled, rising to his feet, completely ignoring the Princess, “Grimlock show smoke who stronger.”

Grimlock’s sword formed in his hand, but before he could take another step he felt a small tugging in the lower portions of his body, looking down he saw that Celestia’s magic was wrapped around his foot. He could’ve easily drug her into the fray with him, but that might have hurt her and he wasn’t about to hurt one of these ponies, especially one of the few that actually respected him.

“What pretty pony?” Grimlock asked, hinting at Celestia to let go. “Me need to fight stupid smoke.”

“You can’t Grimlock!” Celestia said, “He’s immune to physical attacks, there’s nothing you can do to harm him.”

“Grimlock will see about that…” He growled taking a step with his free foot, but before he could take another step Celestia suddenly appeared inches away from his face.

“Grimlock listen to me!” she yelled, “If you try to fight him you’ll-“

A dark blue streak rocketed between the two before slamming into the ground, kicking up crystals and rock alike. Rarity hid herself behind Grimlock’s foot while Celestia blocked the incoming projectiles with magic. Grimlock could’ve cared less, he’d been hit with things ten times his size and been just fine, but when his optics focused on the object that nearly hit him, his body began to pulse red. Princess Luna lay in the middle of the crater, bruised and bloodied in spite of her valiant effort. Grimlock could feel his fists clinch hard enough to turn coal into diamonds. The stupid smoke had hurt her.

“Smoke hurt other pretty pony…” he growled slowly looking to the direction Luna had fallen, “GRIMLOCK KILL STUPID SMOKE!”

Before Celestia could object Grimlock blindly ran towards the direction he believed Sombra to be in. She had half a mind to follow him, but her instincts were yelling at her to stay behind, so she did the only thing she could do. Landing next to Rarity, who was tending to Luna as best she could, Celestia gave her sister one quick look over.

“Will you be able to take care of her?” she asked, fighting her urge to cry.

“Yes, but I can’t do this alone.” Rarity replied looking up to see Celestia running in the other direction. “Princess! Where are you going?!”

“Getting help…” she said under her breath before disappearing from Rarity’s view.

Meanwhile, on the far side of the underground cavern Sombra was using magic to dig through the crystalline walls. He had defeated his unwilling betrothed, now all he had to do was escape to the surface, steal the crystal heart and destroy the castle to bury his enemies. He had almost found it laughable how easy it was, if he had thought of it sooner he may have had his empire and Equestria months ago. His dreams of a glorious kingdom soon subsided, when he felt the metallic roar of a titan drawing closer to him.

“Really?” he laughed to himself, turning to see Grimlock charging him head on. “How many times must I put you down until you stay there?”

“As many times as it takes!” Grimlock roared swinging his sword at Sombra, but the blade passed through him like it was nothing.

That didn’t stop Grimlock from trying again, and again, and again, but each attack yielded the same result. His blade went through Sombra without so much as a thought. Sombra’s attacks however, were much more devastating. With every attack Grimlock attempted, Sombra would maneuver himself behind the giant and blast the chinks in Grimlock’s armor with powerful dark magic.

“How can you not see the futility in this?” Sombra asked firing another shot, “I have studied your every move since you arrived here! You don’t stand a chance against me!”

“Grimlock not care!” he roared slamming his sword into the ground behind him, “Grimlock will still fight!”

“How pathetic…” Sombra sighed, hitting Grimlock hard enough to send him flying into the air. “You have so much power, I’ve seen it myself… but you don’t use it like you should.”

“G-Grimlock… never… abuse… power…” he stuttered, staggering to his feet, “And Grimlock will DIE protecting others form ones who do…”

He readied his sword for one last swing, but Sombra blasted him before he got the chance to attack. Now on the ground and pouring energon Grimlock looked to Sombra who had a menacing smile plastered on his face.

“Such a noble sentiment…” he said hovering over Grimlock as his horn began to glow, “After I fetch Luna I’ll be sure to tell her how you died… I’m sure she’ll think that you were very brave.”

Grimlock tried to rise, but the dark tyrant forced him back to the ground. Weak and leaking energon, Grimlock defiantly stared down his death, ready to become one with the All Spark. Fate had other plans for Grimlock though, because just before the final blow was struck a golden shield encompassed him, reflecting the attack back on Sombra. The black king flew back into the wall roaring in pain that was intended for Grimlock, giving the one who shielded him a few critical seconds.

“I TOLD you not to go after him!” Celestia yelled landing on his chest. “Why did you-“

“Pretty… pony…” Grimlock said lifting his hand to his chest, “Pretty pony… protect Grimlock?”

“Of course I did.” Celestia replied with a genuine smile, “But that’s not important right now, my spell won’t keep him down for long, we need to get you out of here.”

“Grimlock won’t stop fighting…” he replied trying to get up, “He hurt other pretty pony… he hurt more if not stopped.”

“I know but please listen to me.” Celestia begged, using he magic to force him back down. “You need to rest, myself and the others will take care of Sombra before he reaches the surface.”

“Surface?” Grimlock asked, “Why it bad if he go to surface?”

“He’ll be able to feed off the collective fear of his former subjects.” Celestia explained, “He may even be able to take a physical…”

A light clicked in both their heads at the thought of the word ‘physical’. With a hopeful gaze, Celestia’s magic began to encompass Grimlock, hoping that the gamble would be worth it. Sombra finally rose from the ground to see Celestia standing over Grimlock, doing something to help him. Not wanting to take any chances Sombra fired a powerful blast at the princess, sending her into a nearby wall. Before he could react another crystal pillar fell onto him, normally he could brush it off but after all the damage that he had taken from Sombra he could barely move his head. Seconds later the smoky aura that was Sombra floated down towards him, to mock him one last time.

“Be a good boy and stay here would you.” Sombra said with a sick smile. “There’s a lesson I need to teach a princess in knowing when to quit…”

“I happen to be a terrible student!” Celestia roared, slamming her glowing body into the Sombra. “And I won’t let you hurt anyone else!”

The two slammed into the ceiling, leaving Grimlock and the others in the castle’s bowls. Sombra tried in vain to rip Celestia to shreds as the two continued to the surface, but her protection spell repelled every one of his attacks until the two finally erupted into the streets of the still shattered Crystal Empire. Ponies involved in the cleanup were confused at first, but when they saw a bloodied princess and an all too familiar smoke panic filled the streets, prompting Sombra to laugh menacingly.

“Yes…” he said under his breath, looking to the terrified subjects. “Yes… YES! Fill me with your fear!”

“Not if I have anything to say about it!” Celestia said with a ragged breath, charging her foe, only to be caught the same way her sister had been.

“You don’t get it do you?” Sombra said with a smile tightening his grip around Celestia’s throat. “THIS was the goal all along! Now I can feed off of all of their fear and hatred, making me stronger than ever before!”

At that moment, Sombra’s smoky form began to take shape of something far more sinister. Black crystals shot up from the ground, replacing the smoke until finally a black crystal hydra towered over the beaten Princess. Turning all of his heads to face her they all smiled in unison.

“Do you like my new look?” they asked simultaneously. “I think it’s far more fitting than my old one.”

“I… think the way you look… won’t be important much longer…” Celestia replied, struggling for air.

“Oh? And why is that?” Sombra asked, pulling her closer, “Do you think I should reign in another form?”

“No…” Celestia replied with a smile, “Because you’ll be torn to shards in it…”

Sombra’s rage suddenly hit a fever pitch, clinching his newfound talons around Celestia’s throat hard enough to draw blood he slammed her into the ground. “You DARE insult me while I am at my peak!” he roared, pinning her to the ground with his tail. “What is the reason for such insolence?!”

“All a part of OUR plan…” Celestia laughed, coughing up a small amount of blood. “You see now you’re a solid…” suddenly Sombra felt the ground beneath him disappear and before he could react he was sent flying into one of the devastated buildings. Enraged, Sombra rose, expecting to see one of the other alicorns standing next to Celestia, but to his shock and horror he saw Grimlock, sword in hand and visor glowing with fury.

“And all solids break...” Grimlock finished, clinching his fist.

“H-how?” Sombra asked looking to Celestia with rage and confusion, “I left him for dead! Now he looks as if nothing hurt him!”

“I’ll have to admit it was quite the gamble.” Celestia answered, looking up to her stoic counterpart. “I wouldn’t know how or healing spells would affect him, but as you can see it worked.”

“I will gut you and hang your carcass on my wall!” Sombra roared charging Celestia, “And when I’m done with you I will take your sister and-“

“ENOUGH TALK!” Grimlock roared slamming his free hand into one of Sombra’s faces. Sombra flew back into the streets, landing into one of the many devastated buildings that dotted the city. He tried to rise to his feet, but before he could the shadow of his foe loomed over him, sword dragging across the ground. “Now we really fight…”

Sombra roared in fury and charged Grimlock with all of his might. The titans slammed into one another, but Grimlock managed to match Sombra’s new found strength with his own.

“Fool you cannot defeat me!” Sombra roared biting into Grimlock’s shoulder, “Every moment I spend on the surface I become stronger!”

Grimlock’s elbow suddenly landed square on Sombra’s back, sending the beast to the earth writhing in pain. “Not strong enough…” Grimlock growled.

“You think that I don’t have magic anymore?” Sombra yelled, his eyes glowing with fury, “Think again!”

Beams shot out of Sombra’s eyes before Grimlock could react, launching him all the way back to Celestia. He was back on his feet within seconds, but his mind was in a much different place. He had felt that kind of pain before, not just under the Crystal Castle, but on the sweeping battlefields of Cybertron, when the war was drawing to a close, before Shockwave made him a monster. Dark energon, he thought to himself, the only thing that could do so much damage to him so quickly. He had also felt what Celestia had done to him before, a much more pleasant feeling if he might add, very similar to Ratchet’s repair ray. Why was everything made of energon? Grimlock thought, how could it be possible? His thoughts were cut short by yet another blast from King Sombra, sending back to the ground again, but before he rose up again Princess Celestia had a few things to say to him.

“I didn’t nearly exhaust my entire magical reservoir on you just so you could fall down again.” She said sternly, “Try to avoid those attacks in the meantime.”

“Grimlock will do his best…” he replied smugly rising back to his feet.

Within seconds Sombra was upon him again nearly causing him to land on Celestia as the two fell. “You should’ve stayed down you insolent peasant!” Sombra roared snapping at him with his jaws, “I’m still growing stronger by the second!”

That was one thing Sombra wasn’t lying about, Grimlock could feel his foe beginning to match him physically. It would only be a matter of time until he matched and surpassed him, he needed to think of something quickly or the gamble he had made would’ve been in vain.

“What’s the matter worm?” Sombra smiled, “Have you finally realized that you are no match for the mighty King-“

A metallic knee to Sombra’s nether regions silenced him and a fist sent him flying into the air. Landing a good fifty feet away, it took several seconds for Sombra to rise again, but when he did all he saw was a flash of silver and yellow. Dark crystals flew from Sombra’s faces as Grimlock began to slam his fists into him. Unrelenting in his assault, Grimlock sent his opponent to the ground a second time, but this time Grimlock’s blade was ready.

Without a second’s hesitation, he drove his sword into the back of Sombra, effectively pining him to the ground. Sombra unleashed a shriek of pain that even set chills down Grimlock’s spine. In spite of his pain Sombra was cunning, using the distraction to his advantage he blasted Grimlock with his most powerful attack yet, sending the giant all the way to the castle.

“YOU WILL NEVER BEAT ME!” Sombra roared, painfully ripping himself free from his bonds, “I AM HATRED! I AM FEAR!”

Sombra charged Grimlock before he could stand, slamming both himself and his foe into what remained of the castle. Grimlock tried to free himself from Sombra’s grip, but after being on the surface for so long he had gathered too much power and Sombra knew it.

“THIS is how you use power…” Sombra whispered into Grimlock’s auditory sensors, “I’ll keep you alive long enough so you can see my empire rise again, and then-“

“GRIMLOCK!” Celestia cried sending whatever she had left into a last, desperate attack on the titan from above.

It was no use, her assault just bounced off his dark crystal scales. Now completely drained the princess fell from the sky into the eagerly waiting claws of Sombra. Unable to fight back, Celestia was powerless when the tyrant’s claws clinched around her, sending Grimlock into a rage.

“What’s the matter worm?” Sombra said, now struggling to hold Grimlock down, “Is she really THAT important to you?” the animalistic roar that erupted from his vocal processors was more than enough answer for Sombra, now smiling sadistically as he presented her to him. “Maybe a lesson is in order… for anyone who tries to stand against me.”

Clinching his talons around Celestia even tighter, she did her best to fight back but within seconds a cry of sheer pain filled the entire empire with dread. Sombra began to laugh, his grip getting tighter and tighter, but with his concentration focused on Celestia’s death he forgot one the reason he was crushing her.

“NO!” Grimlock roared in primal fury, slamming his fist into Sombra’s side, forcing him to drop his prize.

As she fell Grimlock caught her near lifeless body in his hands. Seeing the full extent of the damage done to her sent Grimlock into a rage the likes of which only Shockwave had seen. She was the first one on this planet not to see him as a monster and perhaps the only one who trusted him, now she lie in his hands, barely breathing, broken and bleeding. His body now pulsing red, Grimlock slowly turned to see the monster that did this to her rise to his feet.

“Wretch!” Sombra yelled, “You dare strike me when-“

The sound of metal and earth clashing drown out his words, Sombra looked to the origin point just to see a wall of dust and crystal fragments block his view. Seconds later, silence an eerie, disturbing, silence. The calm unnerved Sombra, he knew that Grimlock was still standing, but the could of dust and crystal blocked his view, straining to see through the could a deep metallic growl bellowed from the other side, a growl that Sombra knew all too well. The wind finally swept away the cloud to reveal a gigantic metallic beast, standing protectively over the princess behind him.

“You think you stand a better chance in that form against me?” Sombra laughed uncomfortably, “I’m STILL stronger than-“

Grimlock’s metallic bellow overshadowed Sombra’s claim as he charged into him, launching Sombra like a leaf on the wind. Slamming him into the ground Grimlock sank his teeth into one of Sombra’s many heads. The king roared in pain, but it didn’t deter Grimlock from ripping the head off his body. Now gravely wounded Sombra slammed his hind legs into Grimlock with all his might, effectively knocking him off, but only long enough for him to rise to his feet.

Using his head like a battering ram Grimlock forced Sombra down once more, only this time he placed a foot on the king’s back, insuring that he wouldn’t be going anywhere. Now completely at Grimlock’s mercy, or lack of it, Sombra helplessly struggled as he felt metallic teeth sink into the base of his neck. Soon after the jaws began to do their work, slowly ripping all the heads from Sombra’s body while he squirmed beneath Grimlock’s strength. Little by little, tear by painful tear Grimlock continued to pull and Sombra continued to cry in agony, until finally, the resistance became none and Grimlock held the bloodied heads of the dark king in his mouth.

Now with Sombra lying in a pool of glowing purple blood the metal beast made his way back to where he had started, in front of Celestia. Lowering his massive head towards her he gently pushed her with his muzzle, hoping for a response, none came. So he did it again, only faster and harder, believing that would be enough to get her to awaken. When he saw that that wasn’t enough he rose to his feet and roared in primal rage, turning to face Sombra’s lifeless body once again he herd the faintest of sounds come from behind him.

“G-Grimlock?” Celestia whispered, too weak to speak any louder. “I-is… is that you?”

The titan quickly rushed back to Celestia’s side, nuzzling her in hopes that she would get up, but she was still too weak to stand. Celestia actually enjoyed the attention, that and the fact that he was surprisingly gentle for being so large. She welcomed him in, giving him her own reassuring nuzzles. What she didn’t expect was the tremors that erupted when he suddenly decided to lie down next to her and use his head and tail as a barrier against the outside world.

“You really don’t want anything to happen to me… do you?” she said with a cute grin, Grimlock’s only reply was a gentle tail push so she would be closer to his body. “I’ll take that as a yes…” She replied resting her head on one of his talons, “You’ve done well today Grimlock… you’ve done well…”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Now that wasn’t so hard was it?” Chrysalis said with a smile as she put the device down. “I’m actually surprised you survived, no creature has EVER survived ‘the inquisitor’…”

Swindle looked up weakly at his capture, unable to from sentences after his ordeal, the only thing that came out of his mouth was incoherent babble. Chrysalis just rolled her eyes and walked back to her table to look at the data that Swindle had ‘told’ them.

“You know that’s the closest I’ve ever come to complimenting anyone…” she added turning back to face him. “I hope that makes you feel better.”

“Frag… you…” Swindle whispered, barely able to get those two words out before succumbing to pain again.

“So he DOES talk without persuasion…” Chrysalis giggled putting the data down, “No need to be so rude now, after all, we were generous enough to accommodate you during your stay.”

“I’ll enjoy ripping you apart insect…” Swindle said looking to her with a smile, “When the Combaticons find me they’ll show you-“

“I doubt that your ‘Combaticons’ will ever find you.” Chrysalis interrupted, “If you are as important to them as you claim you’d think they’d already had found you by now.”

“My Queen!” A drone yelled running into the room, “We’ve just-“

“How many times have I TOLD you…” The Queen said slamming the drone into the wall, using her magic as a vice grip around his throat, “Not to disturb me while I’m entertaining our guest.”

“Y-yes… my Queen…” he stuttered between breaths, “But… but we have… received urgent news… from Scout two thirty-nine…”

“Two thirty-nine?” Chrysalis questioned, dropping the drone to the floor, “Ah yes… I remember, I sent her to keep an eye on the happy couple up north… what news did she have?”

The drone didn’t answer immediately, he was too busy trying to breath normally again. Chrysalis slammed him against the wall once again, eyes full of rage. “You are NOT here to waste my time drone…” she hissed, “Now tell me what Scout two thirty-nine reported or…” Suddenly Chrysalis’s entire demeanor changed, she lovingly cradled the drone in her hooves like any mother, nursing the wounds that she caused. “Please little one…” she said with a motherly smile, “explain to me what she reported.”

“S-scout two thirty-nine reported the Crystal Empire…” he said in a very uneasy manor, “that the Crystal Empire had been destroyed.”

A smile grew on Chrysalis’s face. She hadn’t heard such good news in over a year. “Excellent!” she said tenderly rubbing the drone’s head. “With them out of the way our goals will be even easier to reach. Now-“

“There’s more my queen…” the drone interrupted, expecting to be slammed against the wall again, but instead he received a warm and tentative look from his ruler.

“Please go on drone.” she said, nuzzling his forehead. “If there’s more to it then I should know about it.”

“The… the empire was attacked by giant metal beings… like him.” The drone explained pointing at Swindle, who did his best to extend a certain finger at the two.

“No doubt our guest’s friends…” Chrysalis said nodding, “I’m sure that the empire is in ruin by now.”

“No my queen.” The drone replied. “The empire still stands!”

Chrysalis’s motherly gaze suddenly turned demonic as she descended upon the drone, fangs gnashing and horn glowing in emerald fury. “HOW?!” she roared, “If his allies attacked the surely they wouldn’t be able to-“

“T-there was another!” the drone blurted out in fear for his life. “One who fought for the ponies!”

The revelation hit the queen harder than the drone anticipated, because she returned to her normal self upon hearing the news. “Ah…” she said with a scheming smile. “THAT must’ve been Grimlock. He’s the only one foolish enough to help them.”

“Then they attacked him.” The drone added, backing away for good measure. “But he took another form and destroyed those who stood in his way…”

“As expected…” Chrysalis grinned, “It will only be a matter of time until-“

“There’s more my queen.” The drone interrupted yet again, only this time ducking under his forelegs for fear of being ripped apart. Instead he just received a questioning look from her.

“Well, out with it…” She said tapping her hoof, “We don’t have all day you know.”

“It… it’s not known what transpired after the one called Grimlock was taken underground, but King Sombra was somehow involved. In fact he made an attempt to take back his throne.”

“I knew that creature wouldn’t be killed by a ridiculous heart.” Chrysalis chuckled, remembering her own experiences, “No doubt he-“

“That’s the thing my queen…” the drone said, “King Sombra is dead…”

Chrysalis fell completely silent for a few seconds, not truly believing what she had heard. Sombra was one of the most powerful beings in the world, even more powerful than her and the news of his demise was certainly an eye opener.

“W-who?” she stuttered.

“G-Grimlock...” The drone answered, “He… he became rage incarnate and tore King Sombra’s head from his shoulders…”

“Well…” Chrysalis said looking to her captive, “There’s more to them than meets the eye…”

“Yes my queen.” The drone replied nodding in agreement. “But the last bit of news you may find most revealing.”

“I’m listening…”

“After Grimlock slayed the king… he went to Celestia’s side…” the drone explained.

“So Grimlock killed Celestia too?” Chrysalis asked, “Wonderful, two birds, one stone.”

“No my queen, something much better.” The drone said with an evil smile. “He laid down next to her and pulled her in close…”

Chrysalis’s eyes lit up at the news, never in all her years had she been so happy. “THAT certainly IS much better than simple murder…” she smiled, patting the drone on the head. “You’ve done well today drone, you may be the first to feed as gratitude.”

“Yes my queen!” the drone said snapping to attention with a salute. “But what of the prisoner?”

Chrysalis’s eyes looked up and down the battered Decepticon and smiled. “Let the buzzards have him…” she said turning to walk out of the room. “I have a MUCH bigger fish to net…”

Author's Note:

Things are getting darker in Equestria... :pinkiegasp: :twilightoops:
Shockwave discovered how to extract energon from the creatures of Equestria! OH... MY... GOD!
Sombra talks too... :pinkiegasp: UNHAND LUNA YOU SON OF A B%$#! :twilightangry2:
Yeah Grimlock! Kick his... oh crap...
Sombra hurt Luna... there will be hell to pay... HELL TO PAY!
Rarity's fear is the same as the comics... I see what I did there... :trollestia:
Grimlock NOT LIKE SOMBRA!
What are they talking about?
NO CELESTIA DON'T- Oh... NOW I get it... also dark-crystal-hydra Sombra... who would've thought?
Fight Grimlock FIGHT!
Grimlock's... losing?
NO HE'S GOT TIA!
OH HELL YEAH NOW YOU GONNA GET... :pinkiegasp: :twilightoops: ... ... :pinkiesick:
Aww... Grimlock wants to make sure Celestia's safe... :twilightsmile:
Oh there's Chrysalis again... and Swindle lived!
News from the front! and HOLY CRAP Chrisy he's just the messanger!
Well talk about a one eighty...
Well THAT'S a ot to take in... and what's up with Chrisy?
Oh no... is she thinking what we're thinking?
didn't get this out as fast as I wanted, sent to a workshop this week forgive me for that...
Same questions as always... I also give you the stats for Grimlock according to the new alignment story line (The Grimlock this story's is based of of.)
Stength: 10 Intelligence: 7 Speed: 5 Endurence: 10 Rank: 9 Fireblast: 9 Courage: 10 Skill: 8
Next chapter: Aftermath...