• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 8,372 Views, 314 Comments

My Little Pony: Grimlock is King - Flanagan



In the heat of battle a space bridge sends Grimlock and several other Transformers to Equestria.

  • ...
7
 314
 8,372

New Neighbors

The Badlands…

The barren lands were being blasted by an unrelenting sun, forcing any and all life into hiding under what little shade the desert was kind enough to offer. There was rarely anything that roamed across the baked earth during the day, but today wasn’t a normal day. Two giants made their way across the rock and sand, completely unaffected by the heat, but it didn’t stop at least one of them from complaining.

“If we stay in this heat any longer my circuits will be fried!” Starscream complained, looking to the sun. “I hope your right about this leading to Bruticus Shockwave…”

“That would be highly unlikely.” Shockwave replied, much to Starscream’s surprise.

“What are you-“

“Bruticus would not have been able to maintain his combined force if he were knocked into a temporary stasis.” Shockwave explained, “Given the fact that we and Grimlock were knocked into stasis upon arrival, it would be logical to believe that he met the same fate…” Shockwave turned his attention to the hologram on his wrists pressing one of the five dots strewn across it. “It would also be logical for us to assume that in their disorientation they would leave the initial impact crater and try to find their counterparts despite the fact that they’re only feet away.”

“What makes you so sure of that?” Starscream asked, deliberately condescending Shockwave. “The Combaticons are some of our most highly trained, conditioned war-“

Before Starscream could finish he was suddenly engulfed by a powerful force that knocked him to the ground. Starscream tried to retaliate but whatever had attacked him pinned his arms to the ground and now it was biting his chest, tearing off whatever scraps it could sink its teeth into. Panicking Starscream, found strength he thought he never had to bring his arm to his face, which subsequently blocked another attack from the mysterious beast.

“ARE YOU JUST GOING TO STAND THERE?!” Starscream cried, “I NEED-“

THUM!

The sound of Shockwave’s canon thundered across the barren wastes for a few brief moments before the land fell silent once. Starscream looked over to see Shockwave staring coldly in his direction, canon still aimed at him while smoke still plumed from the barrel. Fear began to fill his optics when Shockwave failed to stand down, maybe he was about to ‘erase’ the thing he believed would hinder his mission, fortunately, just as he was about to beg for his life Shockwave lowered his arm.

“Pathetic organic…” he grunted, walking to the mortally wounded creature, “It knew that it stood no chance, but it still attacked.”

“What exactly is it?” Starscream asked looking at the hole in his arm. “There is no creature on earth that could produce such wounds.”

“We are not on earth.” Shockwave replied, “But the beast matches one of the many that inhabit earth’s folklore.”

“How do you know so much about earth?” Starscream asked holding his arm. “You’ve been on Cybertron for the past four million years, when did you-“

“It is logical for one who is about to travel to learn about where they are going.” Shockwave replied throwing the beast to the ground, “It looks like a manticore from Persian myth… it is female… more than likely it was defending its young.”

“How noble…” Starscream smiled, “Same that it didn’t stand a chance.”

“Indeed.” Shockwave said, reading his canon one more time, “All organics are slaves to their emotions, a weakness that even we as Cybertronians share… but when Megatron takes charge of the Titan Sphere we will shed that weakness and dominate all who oppose us.”

“Of course…” Starscream said as the sound of Shockwave’s canon echoed across the wasteland again, “Now if you are done playing with the meat I suggest that we find the Combaticons.”

“That is the most logical statement I have ever heard you say.” Shockwave replied looking to his hologram, “It seems that we are closer to one of them then we realized…”

Starscream looked to Shockwave with confusion, but when he noticed that Shockwave was looking right behind him. Curious, Starscream looked behind himself to see a massive crater not far behind him. Looking back to Shockwave for an explanation, the scientist just nodded and urged him to go forward. Starscream was a small bit apprehensive, but he made his way to the craters edge, what he saw made him speechless. The crater was deep enough to even keep Trypticon at bay, he didn’t think that anything could survive such an impact, but sure enough there was a single Decepticon lying in the middle of the crater.

“Onslaught…” Shockwave said walking past his shocked counterpart and into the crater, “It is good to see that your spark is still functioning.”

“Where… where are we?” Onslaught asked holding his head, “Last thing I remember… the collective mind of Bruticus… falling into the bridge…”

“None of that matters now.” Starscream said following Shockwave’s lead, “Right now we need-“

“My UNIT!” Onslaught yelled, looking around franticly, “Where are the Combaticons?!”

Onslaught ran past both his superiors to the top of the crater, ignoring Starscream’s multiple orders to stop. “BRAWL! VORTEX! SWINDLE! BLAST OFF!” he yelled as loud as he could, “CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?!”

“Your concern for your team is understandable.” Shockwave said placing his hand on Onslaught’s shoulder, “But we cannot allow your emotions to impede the mission at hand.”

“We need to find the Combaticons!” Onslaught replied looking back to the wastes.

“We will,” Shockwave said pulling out his hologram yet again.

“How is a chart supposed to make me feel better?”

“These are their beacons,” Shockwave explained, tapping the one closest to their location. “I would not be able to track their signals if they were offline.”

“What are we waiting for?!” Onslaught exclaimed, “I need to get my men back!”

“In time Onslaught.” Shockwave said just as Starscream flew out of the crater. “But now we must stay as one, we cannot allow any more damage to befall on ourselves.”

“Then what do you suggest we do?” Starscream replied, turning back into robot form and crossing his arm, “Do you expect to find energon on this planet?”

“In fact I do.” Shockwave answered much to the other’s surprise. “The Titan Sphere is an energy source, one of unlimited energon… in the millions of years that it has been on this planet it has without a doubt made vast pools of energon across the planet. It is these polls that have undoubtedly had a hand at creating all life forms on this planet, perhaps even creating sentient life.”

“Your theories are just as outrageous as ever Shockwave.” Starscream said rolling his optics, “When was the last time one of those played well for us?”

“The discovery of the planet called earth.” Shockwave replied, making a small chuckle come out of Onslaught.

“Uh… hum… Very well then.” Starscream replied, “Where do we find the nearest energon pool?”

Shockwave looked to the hologram on his wrist once again and pressed another blinking dot near the edge of the screen. “No more than three megamiles northeast of our current position.” He said looking in that direction. “There are also two Decepticon signatures not far from the pool, judging how close they are to one another it would be logical to assume that they are traveling together.”

“You think they’re headed for the energon?” Onslaught asked.

“Unlikely,” Shockwave replied, “If anything they are searching for you and the other Combaticons.”

“Then let’s not disappoint!” Onslaught said turning into a truck, “I’ll bet its Vortex and Blast Off, those two are always together.”

Following his lead Shockwave and Starscream took their respective forms, a jet for one and a Cybertronian tank for the other. The three set off for the energon pool and the missing Decepticons, sending dust and rock high into the air.

Ponyville…

The train stopped with a stressed hiss, it was never tested for the transport of such a heavy cargo, but fortunately it made the trip from Canterlot without completely breaking down. It probably helped that there were only seven passengers on the train, because all the others ran away screaming the moment that they saw passenger number seven rip the top of the caboose off just so he could take a seat.

“I really, REALLY hope Princess Celestia knows what she’s doing…” Rainbow grunted, floating over her friends, “She seems a little too trusting of it.”

“Shouldn’t that make you feel better?” Twilight asked rolling her eyes. “If she can trust him why can’t you.”

“Because I saw what it could do.” Rainbow replied, “That thing is uncontrollable, what if he gets mad at us again? You think we’ll be able to stop him?”

“He already said he keeps his promises,” Twilight said trying to calm her friend. “Besides I'm sure he doesn’t want to be stuck in the pit again.”

“I hope all that faith in the princesses is well placed Twi…” Applejack said looking to the train’s caboose, “Cause he could tear all us into ribbons faster than Big Mac can buck an apple tree.”

“Can we stop referring to him as ‘it’ and ‘him’?” Fluttershy asked, “I mean… Princess Celestia said his name was Grimlock…”

“Your point?” Rainbow asked flying into Fluttershy’s face.

“Well… um…”

“Spit it out!”

“Maybe if we called him by his name he would appreciate it and he wouldn’t have as much of a reason to get mad and tear all of us to shreds and then we could actually try to make friends with him the Princess Celestia asked us to do.” She replied leaving all of her friends jaws hanging, “If that’s okay with everypony that is…”

“Well if you put it that way…” Twilight said rubbing her chin, “that DOES sound like it would increase our chance of survival.”

“OR we could just throw him back into the pit…” Rainbow interjected.

“And how would you do that?” Twilight asked with a cocked eyebrow, “Are you going to do it yourself?”

“You won’t help me?!” Rainbow replied in shock. “I thought that my friends would never-“

The sound of thunder interrupted Rainbow Dash, but the six knew that it wasn’t from any clouds; the next rain storm was going to happen in two days. This was just Grimlock getting out of the caboose, much to the dismay of the conductor and the other ponies at the station. Those who were awaiting the train quickly ran into the station, thinking the building would offer some kind of protection, but the girls already knew that that would be no use, for all they knew he could just look at the station and make it collapse. Fortunately for the pones however, Grimlock took several steps away from the train and cast his gaze to the six.

“Me want this to be over soon.” He grunted crossing his arms, “Tell Grimlock what needed and me get it for the weak little horses.”

“Who you calling weak?!” Rainbow shouted darting towards Grimlock stopping only inches away from his face, “Listen here you oversized tin can, I’ve got half a mind to-“

Rainbow Dash was suddenly ensnared by a rope and pulled back down to the group. She was about to protest when the wielder of said rope pointed back to Grimlock, his visor was slowly shifting from blue to red, indicating the one thing that nopony wanted.

“I know how ya feel right about now RD…” Applejack said looking between her friend and the metal giant, “But we can’t try ta pick a fight with this guy, he’s already shown us what happens when he gets mad.”

“And he’s also made a promise not to hurt anypony.” Rarity added looking to Grimlock with a hint of fear, “Though I hardly believe that such a brute could adhere to a code of honor.”

“Celestia did say that he actually made an effort to NOT hurt anypony before.” Twilight said, “I’m sure that counts for something.”

“Well if it counts for anything why don’t we think about what he’ll do if he actually TRIES!” Rainbow replied.

“Me think rainbow one going to make this hard…” Grimlock grunted gaining the attention of the huddled ponies. “Just tell Grimlock what need and Grimlock go find.”

“Sounds like a plan Grimlock.” Twilight said walking up to the giant, “What should we help build first girls?”

“I’d recon that he gets ta work on the town square.” Applejack said adjusting her hat, “That’s where the market and all that fancy jazz is, not ta mention that ponies need ta eat.”

“Absolutely not!” Rarity scoffed, “That Thi-Grimlock completely destroyed my boutique! If anything he should get to work on that first!”

“Ponies don’t need dresses ta live Rarity…” Applejack said dragging her hoof along her face, “Ya need ta have the essentials before ya get ta the frivolous things.”

“FRIVOLOUS?!” Rarity shrieked, “Well don’t come crying to me when you don’t have the right ensemble for one of your family get together.”

“I never wear anything ta those anyway!” Applejack replied, growing agitated, “But what I said still stands, the market should be rebuilt first!”

“Both of you are wrong!” Pinkie said throwing in her two bits, “He should rebuild Sugar Cube Corner first!”

“Candy is hardly important in this matter.” Rarity said turning up her nose, “I can hardly believe that you think a simple candy shop.”

“It’s not just a candy shop.” Pinkie replied, annoyed, “The Cakes live there too… just like me!”

“Then why do you think THEIR house should be built before everypony else’s?”

“Candy of course!”

“I rest my case…”

“Will all of you stop arguing?” Twilight shouted, trying to break it up, only to be caught up in the argument.

“Why should we?” Rainbow asked, “You probably want your shrine to eggheads rebuilt first.”

“Are you SERIOUS?!” Twilight exclaimed insulted, “It’s not a shrine to ‘eggheads’ Dash, it’s a place where knowledge is stored!”

“I got all the smarts I’ll ever need.” Rainbow said confidently.

“Yeah… it shows…” Twilight said rolling her eyes.

“What’s THAT supposed to mean?” Rainbow growled.

Grimlock looked onward as the little horses argued and bickered amongst one another, it actually reminded him of his team a little bit. He recalled that just the other day he and Slag had gotten into a heated argument about whether cesium salami was better than beryllium baloney. He also knew that their arguing would get them nowhere, so he did the one reasonable think he could think of, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

The ponies were so distracted by their own debate that all but one failed to notice that Grimlock had excused himself. Following close behind, Fluttershy cautiously watched Grimlock as he walked amidst the devastation, seemingly unaffected by it all. She wondered why none of it bothered him, because even the hardened guard that flew Princess Celestia’s chariot where shell shocked at the sight, and they weren’t even there when it actually happened.

Grimlock continued on, unaware of his follower but taking note of the little horses that darted out of his path, some of them even calling names as he walked by. That part was all too familiar to him as well, the humans of earth feared him almost as much as the Decepticons. In fact he believed that if he didn’t have that insignia on his chest the humans would try to kill him on the spot. He once had a bad run with the U.S. Military which almost cost the Autobots their sanctuary on earth, granted it was the humans that started it, but he still got the blame.

It didn’t take long for Grimlock to get to his destination with Fluttershy close behind. He stood before the Everfree forest analyzing every tree closely, making sure that they would do for his plans. Stretching out his arm Grimlock’s sword slowly emerged alarming his unknown sidekick.

A sudden squeak from behind Grimlock finally alerted him to Fluttershy’s presence. Turning around slowly Grimlock came face to face with her for the first time since they’d met, where she had fallen over out of fright. He expected her to do it again, mainly because out of all these weak creatures she seemed to be the most pathetic, even when she was among the brave ones she cowered. But this time she held fast, she still cowered but she held fast. A few agonizingly tense moments passed in silence for Fluttershy, she was starting to regret following him, because she was her after all. If he tried anything she would be completely helpless to stop him, not believing that even the ‘stare’ could deter him.

“What you want?” he asked, causing her to jump.

“Oh… um…” Fluttershy began trying to think about what to say. “Well… I… um…”

“Out with it!” Grimlock shouted annoyed that this little horse was delaying his progress. “Just tell Grimlock!”

Fluttershy squeaked yet again, denying her instinct to run. She wanted to know what he was doing, but more than anything, she wanted to know what he was like. Sure she knew that he was aggressive and short-fused, but she thought there was more to him than just muscle and rage and she wanted to know why.

“Well?” Grimlock said crossing his arms, “You have something to say or not?”

“W-well… Mr. Grimlock sir…” She stuttered, “I-I was just wondering… what you were… you were…”

“Me was what?”

“What you were doing.”

“Helping…” Grimlock said, turning around to face the forest again.

Fluttershy was about to ask how he was going to help, but she was answered by Grimlock’s risen blade. With a powerful roar and swing of his arm he swung clean through a little more than a dozen trees, enough to rebuild a few of the destroyed homes. Fluttershy’s jaw hit the ground as she watched dozens of small woodland creatures flee their homes. This prompted her to act without second thought. Grimlock was about to take another swing, but before he could commit he saw the little horse standing in front of him and a very uncharacteristic way.

“You not want Grimlock to help?” He asked looking down at the glaring pony. “Me thought you want him to help.”

“Not like this mister!” She replied with assertion in her voice, “YOU need to find the trees that don’t have any woodland critters living in them.”

“Grimlock not care about the puny little animals!” He replied driving his sword in the ground in an effort to intimidate her, but she stood fast, unrelenting in her devotion.

“You might not care, but I do.” Fluttershy replied picking up a terrified squirrel, gently cradling it so it would calm down. “And I won’t let you harm what I care about.”

This was an optic opener for Grimlock. To him, this little horse was the weakest of all the ones he had met, but here she was standing before him defiantly. Maybe some of these horses weren’t as pathetic as he thought they were.

“Fine…” Grimlock replied pulling his blade out of the ground with one hand and, much to the surprise of Fluttershy, scooping her up with the other. She was powerless in his grasp and she even a fleeting moment when she thought he was going to crush her, but when his hand unfurled she was face to faceplate with the metal giant. “Tell Grimlock what trees to cut down.”

Fluttershy swallowed a quick squeak, but she managed to calm herself enough to speak. “Um… Ok…” she whispered, “B-but you’ve already cut down so many trees…”

“Grimlock can carry more than that many trees.” He replied, placing her on his shoulder, “Me want this done fast, so me can go ki… go on personal business.”

“Um… alright then…” She replied trying to gain a solid footing, she really couldn’t argue she was nearly sixty feet in the air next to the head of a being that could potentially tear all of Equestria asunder.

“Over there should be a good place.” she said pointing to a small patch of forest.

“Then we go.” Grimlock said stepping off without warning, nearly making Fluttershy fall off his shoulder.

Several minutes and swings of his blade later Grimlock had cut down nearly all the trees in the area that Fluttershy had specified. She was awestruck that such a large area could be cleaved so easily, even if Grimlock had destroyed the town in a few minutes, but all of that was accidental and at the end it was pure rage. This was the precision and skill of a warrior who had honed his skills over countless hours of training. It actually scared her a bit, if he were actually trying to kill them earlier that he could’ve done it with little effort. He may even be able to take on all of Equestria if he felt so inclined; fortunately he didn’t seem to have that ambition… yet.

“What you look at little horse?” Grimlock asked, turning his attention to his shoulder, “You say nothing since me start?”

“Oh… I… uh, I just don’t talk much…” Fluttershy replied meekly hiding behind her mane.

“That obvious…” Grimlock grunted taking another swing with his blade, “You not like other horses.”

“What?”

“You not like others.” He repeated picking her off his shoulder so he could see her better, “You no talk like other little horses.”

“Fluttershy…” she whispered.

“Huh?”

“My name…” she explained still whispering, “It’s… Fluttershy.”

“Grimlock not catch that.” He said pulling her close to his auditory sensor, “One more time.”

“Fluttershy.” She said one last time; using every tactic she could to hide herself from Grimlock’s unwanted gaze.

“Fluttershy…” Grimlock repeated, doing his best to figure out Fluttershy’s behavior. “That make sense me guess… but Grimlock have all the trees he need now.”

Grimlock placed Fluttershy on the ground once again, grabbed as many trees as he could and threw them on his shoulder. Again Fluttershy was amazed, nothing she had ever seen could carry so much, she began to wonder just how strong he was until he grabbed the second pile of trees and threw them on his other shoulder. Now that Grimlock was practically holding a forest on his shoulders he decided to walk back to town, but before he could get going the one that called itself Fluttershy stood in front of him yet again.

“What now?” Grimlock sighed, “Me not cut down trees that have puny animals in them, what more you want from Grimlock?”

“Well… Mr. Grimlock, sir…” she began, much to Grimlock’s frustration, “I was wondering… if you needed-“

“Needed what?” Grimlock half yelled, this was the second time that this little horse had unwittingly put herself between him and Shockwave and he would be damned if she slowed him down any further.

“If you needed help.” Fluttershy finished, giving him a cute half smile.

“You… help Grimlock?” he asked, to which Fluttershy responded with an adorable nod of the head. Fluttershy really didn’t know what to expect from the giant that stood before her, but her answer came soon enough to the sound of metallic laughter.

“BWAHAHAHA! That good joke Fluttershy.” Grimlock replied looking back to her, “But you still weak like all other little horses, Grimlock strong, and no need help.”

“It’s always nice to have help.” Fluttershy replied looking to the ground then back up to Grimlock, “Even if you don’t really need it.”

Grimlock stared back to the little horse with a sigh, having her carry something was probably the only way to get her to shut up and leave him alone anyway. With that in mind Grimlock turned around to the empty patch of forest that was behind him, seeing if there was anything to occupy his follower. It didn’t take long for him to find the answer to his problem.

“There.” he said pointing his head to a peculiar sapling in the middle of the patch. “You carry that back with Grimlock.”

“Oh… ok…” Fluttershy said trotting to the tree.

Grimlock smiled inwardly to himself, now he could just walk along back to the town, drop the trees off and continue his search for…

“Um… Grimlock?”

Fluttershy’s voice rang through Grimlock’s like a bad wind chime, growling deeply to himself he turned around yet again to see her standing next to the small tree with her head tilted to the side.

“What now?” he growled, doing his best to hold his frustration inside.

“Um… the tree…” Fluttershy replied poking it, “it didn’t get cut down…”

“Grimlock misses sometimes.” He said dropping the trees on his shoulders with a ground shaking thud. “Grimlock won’t miss again.”

Walking up to the sapling he readied his blade once again for one last strike, but yet again the little yellow horse stood in his way.

“You want help Grimlock or not?!” he whined, “That tree not too big for little horse, you carry, you leave Grimlock alone, that a win/win!”

“I don’t think it’s a normal tree.” Fluttershy said looking back to sapling. “All the trunks around it are shorter…”

“So?”

“I think this tree is special…” she replied looking up to Grimlock, “A one of a kind find.”

Grimlock’s hand met his face squarely, Fluttershy was certainly a character. First she’s the very definition of a coward, then she shows extreme bravery and now, she thinks that a puny tree was special. For all he knew she probably wanted to be a tree, but that would’ve been ridiculous, even by human standards.

“Then what you want to do?” Grimlock asked, slowly dragging his hand away from his face.

“I think we should bring it back to Ponyville,” she said, “unharmed…”

“Fine.” He replied suddenly pinching the small tree between his fingers and uprooting the sapling. “Now we go?”

“Yes.” Fluttershy replied with an adorable smile.

Grimlock just sighed to himself as he grabbed all the lumber he had dropped and began to make his way back to Ponyville, Fluttershy following close behind, humming an oddly familiar tune. The sooner I’m done here, he thought, the better.

Meanwhile back at the train station the five remaining friends were still amidst there heated debate, completely unaware that Grimlock and Fluttershy were no longer among them. That is until one of them noticed that nopony had tried to stop their debate.

“Wait…” Twilight said looking around, “where’s Fluttershy?”

Her friends ignored her, all trying to yell louder than the other so they could prove that they were more right than the other. Twilight grunted to herself, this was just like when she first came to Ponyville and Princess Celestia had sent her two tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala. Judging by how heated the arguments were getting she would have to use the same strategy of this situation.

“STOP! She yelled at the top of her lungs, silencing everypony, minus Pinkie.

“And the NEXT thing I know, I’m pulling an entire giraffe out of the toilet!” she finished as her friends looked on in confusion, “What? Did I miss something?”

“Yeah… I think we all did.” Rainbow said with one eyebrow raised as she looked around, “Hey where’s Fluttershy?”

“I was about to ask the same thing.” Twilight asked dragging her hoof off her face before realizing that there was another member or their party absent. “Where… where’s Grimlock?”

The others looked around in shock, how could they have not noticed something as big as him excuse himself. Then another thought ran through their minds, one involving both missing parties.

“He’s taken Fluttershy!” Rainbow yelled angrily, “When I find that overgrown piece of scrap I’ll turn him into nails!”

“Let’s not jump to conclusions Rainbow.” Twilight said trying to calm her down, “She may have just gone home.”

“Then where did the walking tank go?” Rainbow asked, “You think that he just walked off peacefully?”

“Well…” Twilight said trying to think of the right thing to say. “I… don’t know.”

“That’s reason enough for me to think the worst!” Rainbow said turning around to take off into the blue.

“Oh I could hardly imagine what horrors that monster is putting poor Fluttershy through right now.” Rarity said throwing her hoof to her forehead, “I wouldn’t know what to do if I was in the clutches of such a brute.”

“I’ll get Big Mac then the two of us can get searchin’ right away.” Applejack said starting to run off, but the sound and feeling of rumbling earth quickly stopped her.

The five looked into the distance to see the metal giant carrying what they swore was the entire Everfree Forest in his arms. Their initial awe faded quickly back into what it had originally been. Rainbow was the first to confront the titan.

“WHERE IS SHE?!” She roared in a way that was hard to understand, “WHERE’S FLUTTERSHY?!”

Grimlock stared blankly at the pony inches away from his face, not the least bit threatened by her little outburst. Instead he placed the trees on the ground, ignoring any and every attempt that Rainbow made to get his attention.

“I’m Talking to you, you glorified scrap heap!” she yelled, “Where’s-“

Before she could finish her insult she became immersed in shadow, Grimlock’s visor was only inches away from her muzzle and it was beginning to change color. “What you call Grimlock?” he asked with a low metallic growl.

“Uh…I-I…” Rainbow stuttered, suddenly in fear for her life, “I just wanted to know where Fluttershy is.”

Grimlock remained silent and continued to stare at Rainbow Dash. The silence was destroying her, at least if he said something she would have an inkling of what he would do to her, but silence, along with the clicks and clanks that happened involuntarily throughout Grimlock’s body was just too much for her to bare.

“I found them!” Pinkie said happily, gaining the attention of both Rainbow Dash and Grimlock. “I found Grimlock and Fluttershy!”

“Thanks Pinkie!” Rainbow yelled, using the opportunity to get away from Grimlock, “I don’t know what I’d do without you…”

“I wonder what I’d do without me too sometimes.” Pinkie said with a smile, “but fortunately I’m me all the time, so I don’t have to worry! Oh, here’s Fluttershy, she brought a tree!”

“A tree?” Rainbow asked, “Why did you bring a tree?”

“Because it’s Grimlock’s special tree.” Fluttershy answered smiling.

“Wha?”

“While Grimlock was cutting down trees to help rebuild this sapling didn’t get cut down.” Fluttershy explained, “I think it means something special.”

“Or that’s a really lucky tree.” Rainbow replied, cautiously looking back up to the still noticeably annoyed Grimlock. “Maybe the luckiest tree in Equestria…”

Just as Rainbow stopped talking the other three ponies arrived on the scene, relieved that Fluttershy was unharmed.

“Darling, are you alright?” Rarity asked placing her hoof on Fluttershy’s forehead, “We thought something dreadful had happened to you.”

“I’m alright Rarity.” Fluttershy said pushing her Rarity’s hoof away, “I was just-“

“What was he like all by himself?” Twilight asked, summoning a notepad and quill, “Was he the same as usual? Did his demeanor change completely? Did he tell you why he has such a bizarre speech pattern?”

“I… uh…”

“Just how strong IS that feller?” Applejack interjected, “Ten trains couldn’t pull all that weight, and he ain’t even breaking a sweat.”

“He can’t break a sweat Applejack…” Rainbow said rolling her eyes, “He’s a robot.” She tapped the side of Grimlock’s foot to make a point, but it didn’t go unnoticed by the giant, who looked down to her and growled, causing her to jump back a bit.

“I meant it figuratively RD.” Applejack said fighting a snicker, “But looks like he’s melting your nerves of steel.”

“No he’s not!” Rainbow yelled, “I’m just trying to give him some space!”

“Sure RD,” Applejack replied rolling her eyes over to Rarity, who couldn’t help to let out a giggle, “I’ll believe ya.”

Before Rainbow could reply Twilight began to look over the trees that Grimlock had brought back. “This is incredible.” She said excitedly, “This just might be enough to rebuild all of the houses in Ponyville… and you did that in one trip!”

“Grimlock not want to waste time,” he replied, shaking off the compliment.

“I can see that much.” Twilight said still impressed, “When do you think you’ll be ready to start building?”

“Now.” Grimlock replied crossing his arms, “Grimlock not want any delays in personal business anymore.”

“I can understand that.” Twilight said summoning yet another item, in this case a piece of paper.

“Now what you have?” Grimlock asked.

“These are blueprints.” Twilight explained, “They’re for the general design of all the houses you-I mean we destroyed… Once we’re done with those we can start working on the more notable land marks, like the Town Hall, Carole Boutique, Sugar Cube Corner, the mar…”

Twilight was suddenly stopped by noticing something that suddenly appeared out of the corner of her eye.

“A dust trail?” she said looking into the distance, “who would possibly be coming into Ponyville so fast? Especially after what happened here? Surely there is… Oh dear.”

“Why she stop talking?” Grimlock asked the others, “She go stupid now?”

“She recognizes the cart…” Applejack said with a scowl, “And so do the rest of us…”

“Grimlock need better answer than-“

“Trixie!” Twilight yelled, “Thought you’d finally learned your lesson after-“

Twilight was unable to finish what she was about to say after the sky blue unicorn accidently detached herself from the cart and rolled into her. The town’s folk watched in shock as the two wrestled over one another until finally Trixie was on top.

“Twilight Sparkle!” she cried frantically. “Trixie needs your help!”

“What?”

“I need your-“

Trixie was suddenly engulfed by a metal hand and brought up to nearly sixty feet in the air. She began to panic in the darkness firing any spell that she could muster at her prison until finally her cage opened, only revealing a faceless giant.

“WHAHA!” she shrieked firing a bolt of magic at the giant’s face, but if it did anything it only annoyed it.

“Grimlock put Trixie down!” Twilight pleaded, “She means no harm!”

Grimlock stared at the little horse in his hand for a second before looking to Twilight than back to Trixie. Much to the horror of everypony he tossed her into the air, but before she hit the ground he expertly caught her at the nape of her neck with his fingers. Placing her gently on the ground Grimlock looked into the direction she ran from, it wasn’t far from where he had harvested all those trees with Fluttershy.

“Calm down Trixie.” Twilight said to the violently shaking unicorn, “What happened?”

“Wh-what… i-is… THAT thing…” she whimpered, still frozen in fear.

“I’ll explain that later…” Twilight said, growing concerned, “But you need to tell me what you need help with right now.”

“R-right…” Trixie replied trying to shake the shock off. “Do you remember that first time that my show came to Ponyville?”

“Yes…” Twilight said, “I had to calm down an Ursa Minor.”

“Well…” Trixie said smiling sheepishly as she looked away, “What if Trixie told you that she tried to do one better?”

“You didn’t…” Twilight said with a gaping jaw.

Suddenly, two Ursa Minors burst from the Everfree with fury in their eyes. Sending everypony that saw them into panic, Twilight and her friends looked back to Trixie who just shrugged her shoulders.

“Trixie did…”

“Girls get everypony to shelter, quickly!”

“What shelter?” Rainbow asked, “Grimlock tore down every house in town!”

“Then get them to Fluttershy’s or Sweet Apple Aches!” Twilight replied, “We can’t let anypony get hurt.”

Twilight’s friends followed her lead and quickly gathered as many of the populace as they could in an attempt to rush them to safety while she stood on the road to the forest, ready to face the angry beasts. Twilight began to concentrate when she felt a rumbling behind her, a rumbling that got more and more intense until she opened her eyes to see one of Grimlock’s feet land just inches in front of her.

“Grimlock?!” Twilight cried, “What are you doing?”

“Grimlock no like building houses for puny horses…” he said while his sword materialized from his arm, “But Grimlock always like a good fight…”

Author's Note:

The Cons are regrouping everyone... that's not good... also Shockwave shows his hate for organics AND emotion here...
Could it have been the Titan Sphere that spurred all known life in Equestria?!?! :pinkiegasp:
Friends argue fact of life...
Fluttershy... what are you doin'? Fluttershy... Stahp!
:pinkiegasp: bet none of you expected Ol' Grimlock to start the path to friendship with the puniest of the puny did ya? :trollestia:
Grimlock's 'special' tree? yeah... whatever...
The Great and Powerful Trixie!
Oh Snap... Game on ladies and gents!
Next chapter: Grimlock vs. Ursa Minor(s)
Also I'd still like to know what you think Grimlock should fight, because I'm personally thinking Giant Timber Wolf next... or maybe even a canon villain... just tell me who and I'll see if I can't make it work.