• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 8,339 Views, 314 Comments

My Little Pony: Grimlock is King - Flanagan



In the heat of battle a space bridge sends Grimlock and several other Transformers to Equestria.

  • ...
7
 314
 8,339

Return to Ponyville

Not much time had passed since Grimlock’s return, but word of his exploits had reached the ears of the ponies. However, they didn’t know of the graphic nature of his triumph, only that he defeated Sombra. They waited for him to arrive at the station with banners welcoming him, and the rest of the elements of harmony back to Ponyville. Nearly everypony was there, except for a certain pink mare, she hadn’t left Fluttershy’s house since their early return to town. Though the townsfolk were worried about her condition, Fluttershy reassured them that she was merely going through a phase and would be back to normal within a few days.

Her words didn’t really matter at the moment though, because just beyond the horizon two abstract silhouettes appeared. As the two became closer they started to take a distinct shape, one in the form of a train and the other was something much different. It was larger and making more movements compared to the train to its right, that could only have meant one thing, Grimlock.

The crowd began to cheer and wave their respective banners upon that realization. Only Fluttershy remained silent, more eager to see her friends than the beast that couldn’t even bother to say he was sorry to one of her closest friends. Within minutes the train and Grimlock were at the station, the sound of their arrival drowned out by the cacophony of cheering and hooves stomping on the ground.

The train screeched to a halt, opening its doors only when it came to a complete stop. The doors opened, releasing four ponies, but the crowd rushed pass them, far more interested in the being that couldn’t even fit in the train. They watched intently as the giant slowed his body down to a walk before stopping just beyond the train. In silent awe they stared while the sun’s rays made his metallic body shine like the brightest gems. After what seemed like an eternity to the crowd he looked in their direction, causing a wave of cheering to wash across them.

Grimlock growled in discontent at the sight of the banners. He had had his fill of ‘adoring’ fans for several lifetimes back in the massive energon fields the inhabitants of this world called The Crystal Empire. At least this time they were in much smaller numbers and far easier to ignore in that aspect. He turned to the town and saw that in his absence they had continued building. That made him happy, it meant that he would be done with his work sooner then he thought and he would be on his way to kill Shockwave soon enough. The only downside was the fact that since he was a glorified hero they would be keeping an eye on him even more, not out of distrust as they had before, but out of admiration.

He thought on that word for a moment. Admiration, he had never received it while in the ranks of the Decepticons or the Autobots. In the Decepticons he was an unwitting war machine for Megatron’s bidding and in the Autobots he was a headstrong warrior that often bordered on treason. But on this planet, among the ponies, he was revered after finishing one enemy. He wondered what would happen if he managed to destroy all of their foes, but shuttered at the thought of acquiring so much attention.

Venting some excess carbon Dioxide he took a step towards the town and his adoring fans. Their cheers became louder as he approached, but after a few thundering strides he was past them without them so much a second thought. Thinking the worst part was over he headed straight for the work, but much to his dismay the sound of dozens of hooves clacking against the earth followed him. He gave a quick glance behind him and growled in frustration, the crowd had followed him and they were sticking to him like a high-grade thermite grenade. Sighing to himself he continued onward, knowing that soon enough he would be free from those puny creatures.

Back at the station, the four ponies that had stepped off the train stood in a semicircle around the only one who greeted them. After the formalities of greeting were out of the way, Rainbow asked the obvious question on the groups’ minds.

“Where’s Pinkie?” she asked looking around, “I thought out of everypony she’d be the first one here, I’d even expect a red carpet welcome from her.”

Fluttershy and Twilight winced at the question, being the only two knowing the exact reason for their friend’s absence. Several moments of silence fell on the five, with Rainbow growing more suspicious of Fluttershy as time went on.

“Well?” she asked tapping her hoof, “where is she?”

“Oh, um, well…” Fluttershy began looking on in the distance, “Pinkie’s not here because-“

“I’m sure she’s just not feeling well,” Twilight interrupted, taking the attention off of her meek coconspirator, “Right Fluttershy?”

“Oh yes…” Fluttershy replied quickly, thankful for Twilight’s quick thinking, “Pinkie’s been feeling under the weather since we headed for the Crystal Empire. We came home early so she could get some much needed rest.”

A small bead of sweat trickled down the side of Fluttershy’s face as her friends looked to her with suspicion. It was almost enough to make her crack, but she had made a ‘Pinkie Promise’ to Twilight, Luna and Pinkie herself not to divulge the specifics of Pinkie’s current state. Taking a large gulp of air Fluttershy readied herself for an interrogation the likes of which she feared to imagine. However much to her relief; and Twilight’s for that matter the remaining three just looked to one another before taking a collective breath.

“Very well then Fluttershy,” Rarity said sweeping her mane to the side, “I’m sure in reality that all of us could use some rest and relaxation after everything that happened over the past few days as it is.”

A blue hue surrounded her horn as the same aura enveloped her friends and brought them close to her sides. “I think it’s time for a trip to the Spa!”

“The Spa ain’t been rebuilt yet Rarity…” Applejack said, cocking her eyebrow.

“Wha-what?”

“Take a look fer yerself,” Applejack pointed to where the Spa once stood. A large pile of wood towered next to a pair of faces all too familiar to the fashionista.

Rarity’s jaw nearly unhinged as water began to pool in her eyes. “Of all the things that could happen…” she said, biting her hoof, “this is the worst! Possible! THING!”

Spinning around at a speed that left even Rainbow impressed she grabbed Fluttershy and started to shake her frantically. “You MUST get Grimlock to rebuild the Spa at once! I can’t live for very long like this!”

“Calm down Rarity!” Rainbow yelled, pulling the unicorn off the now shell shocked pegasus, “There are worse things than not being babied for a few hours, I mean, we almost died in the Crystal Empire.”

“About that,” Twilight interjected, becoming the focal point of everypony’s attention once more, “King Sombra was living inside you, feeding off your fear and hatred.”

“Yeah, what of it?” Rainbow asked, shrugging it off nonchalantly.

“Rainbow,” Twilight began with a heavy sigh as the rest of her friends stood to her side, “You had one of the most vile ponies to ever live inside you for I don’t even want to know how long. I just want to make sure that you’re alright.”

“I’m fine,” Rainbow said, passively waving her hoof, “you guys don’t need to worry about me. I’m awesome remember?”

“Yeah we remember,” Applejack said stepping into the conversation, “but I can tell when a pony’s lyin’ so why don’t ya just-“

“I don’t need to hear anymore of this,” Rainbow huffed, interrupting her closest friend as she parted the group. “I need to see how Tank’s doing.”

Before any of her friends could stop her Rainbow was off in a bust of vibrant light. Leaving the others to cough up the dust she had kicked up. Applejack waved off as much of the could as she could with her hat before firmly placing it back on her head, staring in the direction Rainbow flew off in with murderous intent.

“That good fer nothin’…” she growled, almost marching off in the direction, “I’ll make her talk if it’s-“

A single purple hoof rested gently on Applejack’s shoulder, effectively halting her militaristic advance towards Rainbow. Twilight sighed, walking next to her side and staring off into the sky herself.

“When she’s ready,” Twilight said turning her attention to AJ, “When she’s ready.”

Back in the center of town Grimlock was doing his best not to rip everything he had worked so hard on apart. The ponies had become far more of a nusence as time went on, running between his legs, flying around in circles, a gray one actually ran into his visor before offering him what the humans called a muffin. He tried to look beyond it, but with every passing second he was getting angrier and angrier. He needed a scapegoat, something that would get all those damned ponies away from him before he did something stupid and broke his promise to Celestia.

Grimlock stopped in his tracks, nearly stepping on an ‘adoring’ fan, at the thought of the white alicorn. There weren’t many individuals Grimlock respected solely on their character alone; he normally judged them by physical strength. Celestia, and to a lesser extent her sister, were a different case. They both showed him in the Crystal Empire that even though they were clearly outmatched by their foe that they wouldn’t just lie down and die, a trait that Grimlock respected in the humans he once protected.

There was also another reason, though he wouldn’t admit it, Celestia had saved his life in the Empire. There was only one other being in the entire universe that had saved him like that. Optimus. Not long after the massacre of Kalis, Grimlock confronted Megatron head on, turning his former comrades into slag as he did so. Megatron met the challenge without a second thought, but after days of continuous combat it was becoming clear that Grimlock was gaining the upper hand. If not for Soundwave igniting thermal charges along with several tons of solid energon Grimlock may have ended the war right there. Instead he was buried under tons of debris and life draining dark energy.

He would’ve died within a day if not for the Autobot patrol that was only miles away. One lead by the Prime himself, it was that day that Grimlock became an Autobot, the day that he-

“I told ya he was huge!” a small voice echoed in his head, derailing his train of thought and nearly causing him to fall onto one of the buildings he’d just rebuilt.

Fortunately for him, and the possible dozens of ponies that lay behind him, he managed to draw his sword and steady himself before he could cause any more destruction. After insuring that his Equal Librium calibrators were functioning properly once again he looked down to see to owner of the voice. More than ready to explode his visor flashed from blue to red several times before he noticed small ponies standing at his feet.

Granted all ponies were small, especially compared to him, but these three were even smaller, less than half the size of the adults that were running around. One was yellow with no interesting features other than a large bow and an accent like that cowboy horse, one was white and sported a tiny horn like the demanding pony, and the last was orange with a rather pathetic set of what was supposed to be wings on her back. Offspring? He thought to himself before he was sent reeling inside his mind –great… now they can breed-

“He’s even got a cool sword!” the orange one said in excitement, flapping her wings as fast as she could in an attempt to stay in the air. “I told you girls he was awesome!”

“He’s a lot bigger than my sister described,” the yellow one said, showing the sense to back away, “are ya sure this is alright Scootaloo?”

“Of course it is,” Scootaloo said proudly standing in front of the other two, “He hangs with Rainbow Dash, that means he’s a good guy!”

“Then why did out sisters tell us to give him a wide birth?” the white one asked, uneasily looking to Grimlock’s pulsing visor, “Rarity said he was dangerous.”

“How so?”

“Well he did kinda destroyed half the town,” the yellow one said pointing to everything around them, “and from what Applejack said, he wasn’t even tryin’ ta hurt no pony.”

“Oh come on, Apple Bloom!” Scootaloo sighed, dragging her hoof down her face, “if he didn’t try to hurt anypony then what makes you think he will now?”

“I’m with Apple Bloom on this one…” the white one said backing away even further, “I think we should just leave him to his work.”

Grimlock smiled inwardly to himself. Finally some sense being spoken, he almost had half a mind to commend the small white pony, but that would mean that he’d have to admit that it was right. So instead Grimlock turned around and began to work once again, hoping that the three small ones would get the hint.

“Aw not you too Sweetie Belle!” Scootaloo cried, “I thought you guys wanted to get your cutie marks in giant metal monster cleaning.”

Grimlock slowly turned around to face the little ones again, only this time adding malice in his posture. Like hell he was going to let those things touch his chassis, he could barely keep his temper with them just being around them. The two smart ones in Grimlock’s opinion backed off even further, but the one he assumed was ‘Scootaloo’ kept her ground, granted she had her back turned towards him, but she was still steadfast nonetheless.

“What if it’s the one thing we were destined to become? What if the will be our only…” her words trailed off when she saw a titanic shadow start to loom over her. Looking up she saw the sunlight gleaming off of Grimlock’s body as small lights flashed red in the shadow of the colossus, contracting perfectly with the blue visor that sat in the center of his head. “Chance…” Scootaloo finished, finally backing away herself.

“Little pony not touch Grimlock,” he growled, standing upright, only adding to his intimidation factor.

“S-sorry Mr. Grimlock… sir,” Scootaloo stuttered, still standing in front of the other two, “we just haven’t really found our special talent yet, and we’ve tried everything we could think of. We thought that-“

“Me not need your sad story,” Grimlock interrupted, “need to work now, so leave me alone, job be done faster then.”

“Sorry for bothering you Mr. Grimlock,” the three fillies said in unison, lowering their heads in failure, “I guess we got our hopes up when we head you coming back.”

Grimlock ignored them, just as he had his adoring fans now regrouping at his feet. He sighed yet again, just a day or two more of dealing with these insufferable fleshlings and he’d be off to kill Shockwave. The thought continued to repeat itself in his mind, it had to, lest he lost his temper and finally released a portion of his rage on one of the many ponies desperately trying to gain his attention.

“Come on girls,” Scootaloo sighed defeated, “I guess we could find another way to get our cutie marks on the edge of the Everfree Forest.”

Those last two words stopped Grimlock in his tracks. If there was anywhere he wanted to go, it would be the forest. It had the only place he could begin tracking his foe once again. The energon blast in the Crystal Empire whipped clean any trace signals that he could have picked up on, he knew, he checked. The only other place he could start again was the forest on the edge of town, and now the three annoying little horses just gave him a golden ticket to go there. That and it would be a much-needed break from the multitude of mindless fan-ponies trying to get his attention.

“Little ponies,” he began turning to face them once again, trying his best not to sound angry or intimidating, “Grimlock love to help with stupid problem.”

“You WILL?!” the three squeaked simultaneously before latching themselves to his foot, “Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”

“Don’t mention it,” Grimlock growled, gingerly trying to kick the three off of him, “now where we go?”

“Just follow us Grimlock!” Scootaloo halfway cheered, “Because with you by our side, we can go anywhere we want!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thousands of miles away, in the frozen wastes of the north, Shockwave stood over a table, looking over readings that he had taken while conducting his experiments on the specimen before him. It was a changeling, withered and beaten from the hours of torture it had to endure, but still alive. Shockwave was actually impressed by the little one’s ability to stay alive, let alone conscious. The previous ‘experiments’ he’d conducted with this species proved to be insufficient data because they were still in their pods when they had their energon extracted.

Another jolt of energy surged through the changeling, making him wail in agony as Shockwave continued to take notes. The second the current stopped the changeling swayed from side to side, his will finally seeming to break. However before he fell to his side Shockwave’s hand braced the small creature, almost in a caring manner before sending another wave of electricity through his body.

“You need to remain conscious for these tests,” he said coldly analizing the data on his holopad, “if not, then the tests I have conducted already shall become null and we would have to start the process once again.”

Shockwave finally released the changeling from his grasp, causing the poor creature to finally fall over. Dead from the hours of experimenting Shockwave had conducted. Shockwave looked to the lifeless corpse for a few moments before brushing his body over to a small pile of dead changelings and grabbing another.

“The specimen before lasted approximately three hours, forty eight minutes, and fifty two seconds, five point three percent longer than the previous specimen meaning that on average your species lasts sixty seven point three percent longer than the other sentient species tested,” he said coldly, placing the terrified changeling in the extraction cube, “in this aspect your kind yields thirty eight percent more energon during the extraction process, I no longer have need for experiments, now we harvest.”

The changeling tried to flap her wings in a desperate bid to escape, but Shockwave had already predicted such an action would take place. Which was why several hours ago he removed the wings form all their living specimens, meaning around seven hundred changelings were now without flight. Shockwave, though officially done with his experiments began to take notes once more. This time on the changeling’s instincts, she knew damn well that she wouldn’t be able to fly, but for the sake of her own survival she tried anyway. It never ceased to amaze him when a creature became so desperate. Even when cold, hard, and absolute logic dictated the outcome of events; there was always that instinct that seemed to shine through. If he had the capacity he actually may have pitied her, but Shockwave no longer had the need for such useless endeavors.

Flipping the switch and without a second thought, he watched silently as the changeling thrashed and cried in agony, slowly but surely, filling the cube with precious, high grade liquid energon. The sound of metal clashing against stone brought Shockwave’s attention away from the extraction. Perhaps it was Brawl again, he’d been coming to check up on the experiments every now and then, as if he even had the slightest inkling of what Shockwave was doing as it was.

“Have you finally completed those ‘tests’ of yours?” a condescending voice said from behind him, leaving him with only one logical answer to who it really was.

“Indeed they are Starscream,” he replied, stepping to the side so Starscream could look at the changeling’s final death throws, “Soon we should have enough energon to begin the construction of a drill.”

“Yes we’ll finally be off this planet,” Starscream nodded, placing his hands on his hips, “Megatron will be pleased to hear how I lead the-wait, did you say drill?”

“I didn’t stutter,” Shockwave replied, turning back to the extraction cube to remove the now drained corpse, “if we are to leave this planet we must first go deeper into the core itself.”

“And why would we do that?”

Shockwave grabbed a handful of desperate changelings, who screeched in terror at the sight of the pile of bodies that had once been their comrades. “My experiments indicate the this species was originally a subterranean life form, added with the fact that they produce over a third more energon than the surface species, there is one logical conclusion,” Shockwave then dumped the batch of terrified creatures into the extraction cube, watching them flail in fear before flipping the switch. “The deeper we go, the more energon sources we will find, as well as a grater chance of finding the Titan Sphere itself.”

Starscream froze at the mention of the accursed artifact that landed him here in the first place. Surely if he were the one to retrieve the Sphere every Decepticon would finally see him as the rightful leader instead of Megatron. The thought of him finally leading unopposed was certainly enough for him to allow Shockwave this one shot at making him look glorious.

“Very well Shockwave,” Starscream beamed, trying to look as commanding as possible, “I’ll allow you to make your drill, so long as you me informed on your progress.”

“Of course Starscream,” Shockwave answered with a single nod as he watched Starscream exit the cavern, effectively leaving him to his own devices once more.

Shockwave waited until he no longer heard the metal clang of Starscream’s feet on the stone then he turned his attention to the extraction cube, now full of a twisted mix of liquid energon and changeling bodies. He removed the cube from its place on the table, taking it to a much darker part of the cavern. Looking behind himself once more Shockwave pressed a button he had cleverly hid from everyone’s sight.

The action lead to a small portion of the cavern wall retreating into an open space, revealing an entirely new room nearly stocked to the brim with the purest energon that any Cybertronian had ever seen. Despite the vast amounts of energon being stored there the real spectacle was the room’s centerpiece, a massive core drill, fully completed and ready for use. Shockwave walked to the drill, pouring the mix of energon and bodies into the drill’s fuel tank before placing his good hand on the drill itself.

“Soon…” he said sliding his hand up and down the drill, “soon.”

Author's Note:

Holy shit I just updated this! :pinkiegasp:
Thanks to all of you ever so patient souls, and I'm sorry it's so short, but I'll try to be quicker about it now that I'm thinking about it more.
Time for the reason you actually bother to read these damn notes of mine! :twilightsmile:
Hey they're back!
Yay Elements of-Oh hell the fuck yes, GRIMLOCK!
Grimlock would hate to know that he's one of the most popular characters in the entire Transformers franchise, (Hell I think the only ones who've got him beat are Optimus, and Megatron)
Girl talk leads to investigations, investigations lead to clever lies, and clever lies are bought.
Rarity, there are worse things... you could always break a nail. :raritycry:
Okay RD now we need to talk to you...
Oh that little b:yay:h, oh well I guess time will tell.
Grimlock working, ponies stop or Grimlock will kill you, and not feel sorry about it.
Grimlock's thinkin' 'bout a certain princess of the sun :rainbowkiss:
Oh God... they can breed!
Picture if you will how it would turn out if Grimlock actually agreed to being cleaned by those three, how high would the body count get before they calmed him down?
Everfree? Did you say... Everfree?
Famous last words Scoots, famous last words.
Shockwave, you sick, sadistic bastard, but damn you're good at math.
Starscream and his plots to overthrow Megatron... silly Starscream...
Okay now that they're gon-wait, what is Shockwave doing? :rainbowhuh:
:pinkiegasp: What IS Shockwave doing?!
Next Chapter: Emergency in the Everfree Forest
Okay fans of this fix, I need your help, I want at least three fights in this next chapter between Grimlock and the rather large denizens of the Everfree Forest. I've already picked a Giant Timber Wolf as a contender, now I want the rest of you to choose the other two, just say a monster you think Grimlock should fight and the two that either have the most upvotes (or the two I like best just incase there's a troll or two reading this) will be fighters in the next chapter. I'll do my best not to make you wait so long next time, I promise.
Flanagan Out.