• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 20,198 Views, 1,010 Comments

Feeling Pinkie Mean - RainbowBob



Sombra has met his match, literally.

  • ...
42
 1,010
 20,198

Chapter 11: Best Friends

As Sombra slowly regained consciousness, he realized two vital pieces of information: first and foremost, his face bones hadn’t been shattered to a million pieces (again) like he had first thought. Secondly, he was stuck on the floor with a vice-grip of the Pinkie variety around his neck.

“Sooooooooombry!” Pinkie squealed, much to the chagrin of Sombra’s long-ruined eardrums. “I’m super-duper-luper excited that you showed up!”

Sombra’s response was muddled by the lack of oxygen. Also, his vocal cords being squeezed into mush. But mostly it was the oxygen.

“I planned out this whole party just for you!” Pinkie said. She lifted Sombra’s struggling body like a ragdoll, her amazing strength astounding him once again. Although that could be the oxygen-deprivation kicking in. “I got the balloons all picked out, and then the snacks, the music, the party games, oh, and best of all, I invited the whole town to come over and celebrate!” Pinkie’s protruding eyeball snuck up close to Sombra’s, which was currently an inch or two bulging out of its socket. “So, you’re happy now? Huh? Huh-huh-huh-huuuuuuh? I bet you are! You’re practically red in the face from so much excitement!”

Sombra’s face was in fact blue, mostly because of—once again—the lack of life-saving air.

Pinkie finally caught on to the fact he was blubbering and gasping like a fish out of water. “Oh, wait, no, you’re blue.” She released him, and like throwing a bag full of rocks into a river, Sombra sunk like a stone before meeting the welcoming cold embrace of the floor. “Why so blue, Sombry? You don’t like the party?”

After a few seconds of filling up one lung while hacking out another one, Sombra managed the weak response of, “I don’t like any parties, you buggering nincompoop! I was forced here against my free will!” Sombra gulped down another breath of air. “Well… Perhaps I was coerced into coming with food… and also, a mattress, but the two have no correlation!”

“Well, whatever your reason, I’m glad you showed up anyway,” Pinkie said, always smiling a beam of fresh, horribly annoying optimism Sombra’s way. He couldn’t decide whether he prefered choking from her hugs or her cheery attitude. “Especially since I have so many fun activities planned out for us tonight! First we can play some pin-the-tail on the donkey. I couldn’t get Cranky to volunteer for that role, so I had to make due with a painting, but I’m hoping you won’t mind! Then we can have a exciting game of charades, although I must warn you, I’m a world-wide champ! Ooh, oooooooh, and then I can introduce you to everypony in Ponyville and give you short synopses of their lives and day to day schedules!”

Sombra was pretty sure at this point the “choking on her cheery attitude” would essentially kill him before the night is through.

Pinkie leaned in toward the party’s guest of honor, head tilting slightly. “So, Sombry, what are you feeling in the mood for first?”

“I would prefer not to be subjected to the obscene torture of any one of those activities,” Sombra said, now back on all fours after dusting himself off. He sneered in a royally snobbish fashion at the crowded room of ponies having all manner of fun. Whether it be from dancing to the horrendous music—which sounded similar to trying to play a harp using a boulder while blowing into a trumpet made out of rusty nails—having small-talk while enjoying the party platter, or worst of all, sharing laughter over some awful pun these peasants considered comedy; Sombra couldn’t stand for any of it.

Pinkie’s curious head tilted traded out for a ninety-degree head tilt of confusion. “Why not?”

“Because, you simple-minded mare, I am a king. A king does not participate in party games, a king does not dwaddle with moronic peasants, and most especially, a king does not take interest in those of a lower class.” Sombra gave an exasperated fling of his cape, his nose so high his chin could have very well act as a replacement for his mouth. “And that is the reason I shall not participate in this party of yours.”

“I thought this was supposed to be your party.” A voice that was definitely not Pinkie’s, but unfortunately still familiar, spoke beside him.

Opening his eyes to gaze upon the newcomer, Sombra’s already disastrous night was sure to take a turn for the worse. Somehow, Pinkie had been replaced by this other pony, and was nowhere to be seen.

Rainbow Dash cocked a grin and pointed her punch cup at Sombra’s face. “What? Cat got the tyrant’s tongue?”

“Where in blazes is the pink one?” Sombra demanded.

“Ooooh, so suddenly when Pinkie is gone you’re interested in her, eh?” Dash grinned a devious smile, which certainly added fuel to the fire of Sombra’s misgivings.

Sombra snarled. “Just answer the question.”

“Oooooh, I dunno.”

“That’s a lie and we both know that. I positively detest lies.”

Dash stuck her tongue out at him. “Coming from a fat phony king like yourself, that seems a bit hypocritical.”

Sombra released a held in breath of air and composed himself to resist the strong temptation to bludgeon the mare over the head with the nearest available furniture. “Listen,” he said, “I care not for whatever childish antics you attempting to force me to participate in. Wouldn’t surprise me if this was one of those dreaded party games Pinkie was telling me about. Just. Answer. The question. You. Shallow-minded. Naive-headed. Worthless. Excuse. For. A. MARE!”

“What was the question again?”

Sombra bit his lip and pulled at his sideburns like he was trying to yank off his mane from the roots, all while containing with an intense form of will the rage pestering him to erupt.

Dash, in turn, was grinning from ear to ear. “Why don’t you answer for me why you’re so interested in Pinkie’s whereabouts?” she asked.

“If that infernal mare wanted to throw a party for me so badly, then she should be here. By my side.” Sombra let go of his mane and frowned, a shiver running up his spine. “Forcing me to enjoy it in her usual annoying, pressuring way.”

Dash hummed, and seemed to almost size up Sombra, before grinning wickedly. “Well to me, it sounds like you miss h—”

“Just answer the question already!” Sombra arched her neck back, his sneer growing ten-fold. “And don’t you dare ever even insinuate such a sentiment on my part, peasant.”

Dash rolled her eyes and sipped her punch, taking her sweet time to smack her lips afterwards. Just as Sombra’s left eye was beginning to twitch, she said, “Pinkie noticed you were going into another one of your ‘episodes’ so she told me to keep you occupied while she prepared the cake.”

“What episodes?” Sombra relaxed a twinge at the mention of his cake, but only a twinge.

Once again rolling her eyes, Dash shrugged. “Oh, y’know, being all ‘I hate everyone here, blah, blah, blah, everyone should kiss my hooves because I’m a king, yadda, yadda, yadda, I have an ego bordering on the pathological, nag, nag, nag, and a stick the breadth of Equestria up my butt.’ You know the rest.”

“I… do not do that!” Sombra could feel his cheeks flushing. “I merely… just… express my opinions more, is all!”

Either Dash had pink eye or eye rolling was suddenly in season. “Dude, you totally go on some type of hate-spewing tirade every five minutes or so. It’s any wonder Pinkie can put up with you.”

“It’s any wonder I can put up with her!” Sombra screamed profusely. Luckily, it was drowned out by the music’s obnoxious tempo. “She’s made my life even worse than it had become after what you fools did to me! Every second she plagues my existence with her chipper attitude and her smiling and her incessant appeals to my lack of better character to try and ‘shape me up’ into somepony I’m not. What’s the point of trying to reform somepony unreformable?! Do you mares just have no brains?”

“Listen, buster, I have plenty of brains. And so does Pinkie.” Dash cringed slightly and tilted one hoof in the air side to side. “Uh… sometimes. But all she’s been doing is trying to help you. Heck, you went from being trapped in the basement to having some form of freedom. From the looks of it, she’s been doing you a favor this entire time.”

Sombra pointed wordlessly to his black eye.

“Okay, maybe not this entire time, but she’s still better than nothing. Really, you couldn’t actually try to be a little nicer? You can’t expect everything out of life by acting like a jerk. King or no. Even I know that.” Dash sipped from her punch, then glanced over at the crowd of ponies chattering and laughing. “Like it or not, Sombra, you’re not king here, and you never will be. Just, I’dunno, try being a regular pony for once. Make some friends. You… do know what friends are, right?”

“I’m not some foolish foal with half a brain like the rest of you ingrates,” Sombra spat back with venom backing his every word. “I had friends. Plenty of friends, actually. More than you and the rest of you peasants could ever muster.”

“Surprise, surprise,” Dash said with a deadpan expression.

“Well, of course I had friends. I was the king, after all.” Sombra cast a leery look at Dash. “And before you ask, yes, they were actual real friends, too. I can tell the difference between somepony faking it to avoid my wrath and true sincerity.”

“I’m sure it must’ve been wonderful being your friend.”

“It was indeed,” Sombra said. His smug smile grew to all new heights. “Who wouldn’t want to be the friend of a king? And a powerful one at that. In fact, the most powerful in the entire world. I was lauded across the globe for my greatness in magic and willpower, of which there was no contest.” He momentarily dropped his smile and snarled. “Except for two incompetent princesses. Who I remind you needed their combined power to defeat me. One on one, I could have wiped the floor with either of them in a heartbeat.”

“So, I gotta ask,” Dash said, eyeing Sombra with a half-lidded gaze. “Why didn’t any of your friends decide to help you out in your time of need? Celestia had Luna and Luna had Celestia, but what did you have?”

Sombra guffawed. “Help? Help?! Like I’d ever accept someone else’s help to suit my own needs.” He stuck out his tongue, sick to his stomach. “Accepting help from anyone is the most pathetic sign of weakness I’ve ever had the displeasure to see. You think I became the most powerful ruler in the land because of help? Absolutely not! I did it all by myself, proving I was the strongest. I didn’t need friends or anything else to be at the top, and never will I ever consider doing so.”

Dash nodded, finishing off her drink. “So yeeeeeeeah, how’d that end for ya?”

“With…” Sombra paused, struggling to come up with a response. “With… me alienating all my friends. And then being defeated by Celestia and Luna. Then being… trapped for nearly a thousand years in a deep, dark abyss to soak in my own hatred.” He blinked. “And now here… having this moronic conversation with an air-headed mare!”

“Aaaaaaaaaaand that’s why I’m hesitant to believe you ever had friends. Ever.” Dash glanced over Sombra’s shoulder and wave greetings to somepony approaching the pair. “Now time for you to meet a pony who’s an actual friend, unlike the fake ones you keep on blabbering on about.”

“You’re the only one blabbering!” Sombra replied while pointing an accusing hoof at her. “Blabberer!”

“So, this here’s the birthday colt, I reckon,” Applejack said, tipping her stetson at Rainbow Dash while giving Sombra an unrestrained stinkeye. “How old are ya? Ten? Twelve? From the sound of all that cryin’ and hollerin’ I can’t right tell if you’re still in grade school or a teen.”

Already Sombra could feel despair eating away at his stomach until only his hollowed out insides remained. “Oh great, it’s the southern hick one.”

“That’s Applejack to you, Mister Smart-Mouth,” Applejack said. “Although, that amount of smartness is probably on the low side, if you’re catchin’ what I’m sayin’.”

“Oh please, no, not like this,” Sombra whispered in a daze. He sat on his haunches between both mares and gripped the sides of his head while staring at the ceiling, desperation etched on the worry lines of his face. “My life, over, trapped between two opposing forces: an utterly obnoxious mare with the intelligence of a rotting fruit, and then a hillbilly peasant who grows rotting fruits. What kind of crime on this mortal plane could ever be justifiable for such a punishment?”

“Y’mean, other than bein’ a dictator to your entire country and treatin’ your people like owned property?” Applejack said.

Dash shook her head and rubbed her chin. “Nah, I’m guessing it’s probably him being an annoying jerk all the time who can’t be bothered to fit into modern society.”

“Wait, wait, I got it,” Applejack proclaimed. “It’s for him actin’ like a stuck-up snob who can’t go for more than five seconds before he spouts on ‘bout somethin’ involvin’ him bein’ better than the rest of us, even though he got his flank handed to him over a thou—”

“The question was rhetorical!” Sombra said, interrupting the two’s heated debate. “And even if it wasn’t, I’m right here!”

“And?” Dash asked.

Sombra’s left eye was beginning to twitch again, but he managed to control whatever pent-up tirade that was about to pour forth. While he did indeed enjoy them, Rainbow Dash was correct… to a point… that he was making way too many of them. Plus, they sapped his energy much more than he’d like.

Applejack coughed into her hoof to break the silence and dispel the air of awkwardness in the air. “So, uh, Sombry—”

“Not my name,” he said, almost immediately.

“Shucks, I’m just callin’ ya by that pet name Pinkie took a shinin’ to.”

“I’m not exactly sure what a ‘pet name’ is, but I don’t like it, I don’t abide by it, and I definitely don’t support the pink one using it in my vicinity, which I hope for your sakes you take to heart and don’t reciprocate.” Sombra’s glances bounced off the two mares, both of whom were sharing puzzled looks. “I just don’t like the name; end of discussion.”

“Awwww, now ain’t that the cutest thing I ever saw,” Applejack said, slugging Sombra in the shoulder in a playful fashion. Nevertheless, it still smarted Sombra enough to cause a whelp of pain to leave his lips. “He don’t like pet names.”

“And can you believe he gets flustered whenever Pinkie isn’t around? It’s like he can’t function without her,” Dash added. “Heck, I’m surprised he managed to survive this long.”

“I lasted over a millennium without that mare and I can last to the end of existence more!” Sombra shot back. “And what’s more, your incessant belittling is beginning to outlast my patience.”

Applejack attempted to pat him on the back, only for Sombra to shrug her off and back a few paces away. “Don’tcha worry none, Sombra, I’m sure Pinkie’ll be out here any minute,” she reassured him. “I hear she’s puttin’ on the finishin’ touches to a special cake just for you. You should feel real obliged, since Pinkie’s cakes are the stuff of legend ‘round these parts.”

“Like I care,” Sombra muttered. His stomach growled with an ominous roar. Immediately his face turned a few shades redder while Applejack and Rainbow Dash didn’t even attempt to hide their giggles. “I-I only care if the cake is chocolate and nothing more!”

“Ah, quit your yappin’, I’m sure it’s gonna be fine,” Applejack said. “Plus, if you’re too much of a sourpuss, I’m sure the rest of us will enjoy it plenty.”

“I can assure you, I can enjoy it plenty by myself, since none of you will have the satisfaction of consuming it.” Sombra licked his lips and rubbed his hooves in the most insidious manner he could manage. “An entire cake all to myself while the rest of you are forced to watch.”

“We could actually leave anytime you know,” Dash said.

“Then do that already! It’d save me the pain of talking to you insufferable mares!”

Applejack arched a brow and cocked back her hat. “Y’know, if ya never wanted to talk to us in the first place… then why ya still doin’ it? That don’t make a lick of sense.”

“Because I… uh… um…” Sombra’s tongue had skedaddled out of his mouth and his brain was grasping at straws, excuses, answers, and anything else lying about in his mind with no luck.

Thankfully, his saving grace had just arrived around the corner: cake. Chocolate cake at that.

Pinkie was parting the crowd in half just to tug along a cart that bore the most impressive cargo Sombra had ever laid eyes upon. A triple decker, pink-frosted, and covered in every manner of frosted flowers and balloons and decorations galore! “Make way, everypony, the Pinkie Express is off the rails and about to dock into port! Yay for train and ship metaphors!” she bellowed, zigzagging through the party with the cake teetering from side to side, but never managing to collapse.

“Finally!” Sombra clapped his hooves together, nonexistent tears in his eyes. “The only reason I showed up at this stupid party—other than the mattress!”

The cart slided to a smooth finish right before Sombra, with Pinkie standing right before him with that slightly less than annoying smile plastered on her muzzle.

“Attention everypony and everybody, it’s caaaaaaaaake time for a certain special somepony in this room!” Pinkie announced, catching the attention of the entire crowd. Even the music stopped, Sombra thankfully noticed. “Now I know not many of you know him, but this here is Sombra, the newest member of this fine and dandy town of Ponyville. Everypony give him a round of cheer to welcome him!”

They obliged, with the entire room filled with stomping hooves and shrill whistles. Despite its juvenile nature, Sombra somewhat basked in it, the nostalgia of days long gone filling his heart. Plus, this was much more sincere and less half-hearted than he was familiar with.

Pinkie laid a hoof on Sombra’s shoulder, and he surprised himself when he didn’t brush it off immediately. “Sombra, I just wanted to say that despite everything you’ve gone through and the hardships you’ve faced, I hope that you’ll be able to find Ponyville a new home of sorts for yourself. And I know that our friendship has been kinda rocky, what with you being trapped in Twilight’s basement in a cage and then me spoon-feeding you ice cream and then Twilight tying you up in rope in utter darkness, also in her basement, and then Twilight—”

“Pinkie, get on with it!” Twilight shouted at her, slinking back into a dark corner to avoid the confused gazes from everypony in the room.

“Anyway! Just know that despite all that, I still consider you a friend, and I hope you consider me one too… eventually.” Pinkie stepped forward and wrapped her hooves around Sombra’s neck, albeit not with the spine-crushing squeeze like he was expecting. In fact, this one was… nice. Comforting, actually. Before he knew it, Sombra’s own hooves were around her back, completing the hug for maximum amounts of what Sombra could only describe as… goodness.

For some odd reason, the entire crowd of ponies were making a “d’awwwwwwwww” sound, which Sombra couldn’t quite wrap his head around. At least what he could wrap his head around was that cake, and more specifically, that cake being in his mouth at his earliest convenience. He even snuck a peek over Pinkie’s shoulder to get his first good look at it.

It was at that very moment Sombra realized some crucial details and the horrifying implications they brought. First of all was the cake; specifically, what was on the very top of it. Because drawn quite crudely with pink and grey frosting was a pair of figures Sombra could only guess represented him and Pinkie, holding… hooves. Then above the sugary drawing was a pairing of balloons and hearts and smiley faces. And finally, in big red frosting no one could properly miss, blind or otherwise, were the words “Best Friends,” right at the very top.

Sombra’s eyes shifted to the right while the world and time itself seemed to be slowing down, second by second. He could even hear a white noise pestering the sanity of his mind. He could spot that one mare from the market—Roseluck—who just couldn’t stop grinning at him. Then he could hear what she was saying, like a light cutting through the fog paralyzing his mind: “Awwwwwww, you two would make just the cutest couple ever!.”

With his jaw now hitting the floor, Sombra’s eyes turned to his left, where he caught sight of Bon Bon and even worse, Lyra, of whom was looking at him with a clearly bemused expression.

“Hey, Bon Bon, are they ‘best friends’ like how we’re ‘best friends?’” Lyra whispered discreetly to Bon Bon.

“Well, of course. Just look at the way they’re hugging,” Bon Bon whispered back. “I mean, they couldn’t possibly be anything other than ‘best friends.’”

Best friends.

Best friends.

Beeeeeeeeeeeest frieeeeeeeeeeends.

Sombra’s eyes widened while his pupils shrunk, the full ramifications of what everyone else was interpreting hitting him like a hammer on the head of a nail.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Author's Note:

Bob's updating stuff? Clearly it is an imposter in the works!

Comments ( 61 )

Whoo update!

24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdbowg3FE51qdimsho1_500.gif

“So, this here’s the birthday colt, I reckon,” Applejack said, tipping her stetson at Rainbow Dash while giving Sombra an unrestrained stinkeye. “How old are ya? Ten? Twelve? From the sound of all that cryin’ and hollerin’ I can’t right tell if you’re still in grade school or a teen.”

Hah, he'll need a week of bed rest for a ribbing that... hard? Huh, I could sworn I just said that. Was there a glitch in the matrix? lol

They finally got to hugs! Yaaayyyooooh man, nevermind.

Sombra, quit being such a buttmunch and accept the friendship. Friendship, darn it!

Nopony's going to be able to say (and actually mean) "best friends" in Ponyville ever again, are they? :raritywink:

6175262 Something weird happened, yes. There were two more comments above yours...

*sees new chapter*
dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw9232-tumblr_mi3dekLUsz1rj4ht7o1_500.gif
"YeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

OK, Bob, you always make sure to never disappoint when it comes to a new chapter. From Sombra's interactions with RD and AJ to his reaction to thinking he might actually miss having her around, I was on the ride the whole way! Also, Sombra had friends? Like, actual, honest to goodness friends? I wonder where this might go...

He could spot that one mare from the market—Roseluck—who just couldn’t stop grinning at him. Then he could hear what she was saying, like a light cutting through the fog paralyzing his mind: “Awwwwwww, you two would make just the cutest couple ever!.”

*pulls down my shades* Roseluck, I'd like to tell you about the SombraPie initiative... We do a lot of crack and there aren't a lot of us, but we get shit done.

CDR
CDR #5 · Jul 6th, 2015 · · ·

//Sombra violently rips the cutting knife from Pinkie Pie and throws it straight at the top of the cake. With the precision of threading a needle, the knife slams into, and then through the icing-drawn picture of Pinkie. Sombra meanwhile looks like a steam engine about to explode. Turning sharply, he all but explodes at Pinkie, "I CAME HERE FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE AND A MATTRES! NOT PUBLIC RIDICULE AND HUMILIATION!" Breathing heavily and with genocide in his eyes, he turns away from the now heartbroken-looking Pinkie and stomps his way to the door, and then out of the bakery.//

You know, it's not really wise to poke at the caged lion. Despite all his posturing, it did take the combined efforts of both Princesses to take him down, and the second time around he was defeated by a stroke of luck. If that cage should break while they're poking at him . . . well, let's just hope the cage holds.

You know with Pinkie Pie, it might not be Plane Sailing, but you will have a zoo load of fun on the journey.

The Last Flight Of Noahs Ark.

But its Chocolate Cake.

With Chocolate frosting.

And Chocolate flakes.

and a chocolate Matress.

Oh, wait. that was an accident. Carry On. :pinkiecrazy:

SOMBRA!

Trapped....IN THE BEST FRIENDZONE OF ALL TIME!

6175609
Exactly what I thought but minus the knife part and replace it with a hatchet instead

Sombra...you better not ruin this party. Otherwise you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight. :pinkiecrazy:

Bob's updating stuff? Clearly it is an imposter in the works!

I don't know about imposters, but my euphoria at seeing this updated can only be contained by this mortal frame. Though I think Harmony Charmer's euphoria is pretty far up there too.

I'm kind of surprised that Twilight didn't give him a lecture on the 'magic of friendship' and the positive outcomes and benefits which come with having genuine friends.

Loved Sombra's reaction to all the preaching and nagging that Applejack and Rainbow Dash had been giving him.

Would have liked to see the cake trolley come to an abrupt stop, where the cake flies into Sombra's face. Not that he'd be too terribly upset about that, I'm sure.

Sombra X Chocolate Cake

Best Friends Forever, Sombry~! :pinkiecrazy:

Get rekt sombra lol

clearly an imposter is at work

I volunteer to find the real bob!

6176378 DON'T YOU DARE! This imposter actually updates!

Oh snap! I smell a meltdown in the works! :rainbowlaugh:

Great to see you update this, Bobbeh. :pinkiehappy:

“Hey, Bon Bon, are they ‘best friends’ like how we’re ‘best friends?’” Lyra whispered discreetly to Bon Bon.
“Well, of course. Just look at the way they’re hugging,” Bon Bon whispered back. “I mean, they couldn’t possibly be anything other than ‘best friends.’”

Very clever.

Bob's updating stuff? Clearly it is an imposter in the works!

That, or whatever was preventing you from updating, whatever it may be, is gone allowing you to do so.

Bob's updating stuff? Clearly it is an imposter in the works!

You know who Sombra reminds me of? Vegeta (A).

That ending was beautiful

6178192 HE TOTALLY DOES! XD

Does spit take. "Holy spit balls! An update! :pinkiegasp:

Good stuff Bob. ~Dollars.

6179422 I just want Sombra to call himself a renegade for life

6179451 :pinkiesad2: "Sombraaa! That was not very Paragon!"

6175817

Though I think Harmony Charmer's euphoria is pretty far up there too.

YOU'RE DARN RIGHT IT IS.

I do like the comedy of this story, but the Sombra abuse is starting to get a little stale with how he offers no real resistance. He pretty much points out himself how powerful and capable he had to have been to pull off the things he did. So why is he so completely worthless in this story so far? He can't even match wits with RD yet both princesses needed to combine efforts to dethrone him? I get it's a comedy but I feel like their needs to be a little more back and forth to keep it interesting rather than everyone having an easy time of kicking Sombra around.

“Well, of course. Just look at the way they’re hugging,” Bon Bon whispered back. “I mean, they couldn’t possibly be anything other than ‘best friends.’”
Best friends.
Best friends.
Beeeeeeeeeeeest frieeeeeeeeeeends.
Sombra’s eyes widened while his pupils shrunk, the full ramifications of what everyone else was interpreting hitting him like a hammer on the head of a nail.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

This part reminds me of that scene from Jimmy Neutron. When Jimmy, Sheen, and Carl go see their future selves and Future Jimmy mentions being married to Future Cindy.

6175262 Bring in the rainbows and unicorns! Dark, evil unicorns, but unicorns nevertheless

The best friends bit, such amusement :pinkiecrazy:

Sombra is the most tsundere former evil tyrant ever.

That last line simply must be read in the voice of James Earl Jones. Anything less would be a travesty.

Also, excellent verbal takedown by Dash. Even Sombra has to face facts when it comes to his track record.

s1
s1 #34 · Jul 12th, 2015 · · 1 ·

This story make me think of this music video with Pinkie as the guy and Sombra as the Creeper:

6181691 6175285 6175433

Best friends.

Best friends.

Beeeeeeeeeeeest frieeeeeeeeeeends.

Sombra’s eyes widened while his pupils shrunk, the full ramifications of what everyone else was interpreting hitting him like a hammer on the head of a nail.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Then Pinkie bust out in song singing a familiar song ending with Sombra waking up screaming to realize it all a dream but Pinkie appears out of nowhere singing the beginning of the song but Sombra stop her.

"Once again rolling her eyes, Dash shrugged. “Oh, y’know, being all ‘I hate everyone here, blah, blah, blah, everyone should kiss my hooves because I’m a king, yadda, yadda, yadda, I have an ego bordering on the pathological, nag, nag, nag, and a stick the breadth of Equestria up my butt.’ You know the rest.”"

Oh the irony this coming from Rainbow Dash.

Comment posted by Thunderlane deleted Jul 17th, 2015

6181426
Glad I found a comment I can easily agree with.

6213790 No she does at least have the ablitity to back up her claim.

6276220
It still doesn't matter, Rainbow Dash has a big ego.

6295167 That's right, cause it's true.

6305354 Yes you win, gloat and I will rename you Rainbow Dash.

6305480 Sorry, pointing out facts is not gloating. Just sayin.

6307827 I did not say you were gloating just cautioning you against it.

:pinkiegasp:
omg
you got me addicted to SombraPie

Good to see this story get an update, and an excellent way to end the chapter! :rainbowlaugh:

6178192

Holy crap. You're right. :rainbowderp:




~ Super-Brony12

6587417
And pinkie is Goku, now I really want her to call him her best buddy

6588173
That would be hysterical! What would be even better would be this scene, but replace it with Pinkie and Sombra. :rainbowlaugh:

Pinkie: We're best buddies. Right Sombry? :pinkiehappy:

Sombra: Buck off! :twilightangry2:

Pinkie: The best! :pinkiehappy:

Now I'm excited to see what happens when he meets the god of chaos. This is getting good!!!

Dammit! No ship! No sub!

Do the ship please it is amazing!

Login or register to comment