• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 299 Views, 1 Comments

Scootafiction - LOL3evee



Just a bunch of short stories about Scootaloo and her chickens.

  • ...
 1
 299

Scootaloo Plays Minecraft

Tap tap tap...

The rain was tapping loudly on the windows of the Ponyville Orphanage. The sky was dark and so was Scootaloo's mood as she watched the rain fall and splatter noisily on the glass panes. With a sigh, the orange filly slid down from the window and sat on the wooden floor.

Scootaloo was an orphan. She didn't know who or where her parents were, but she was sure about one thing: being an orphan wasn't fun. You got food and a roof over your head, but you didn't get the love of a family. No mother to hug you and tell you that she loves you, no father to protect you when you're scared, and no sister to play with you and help you when things get tough.

A sister. Scootaloo would've killed a pony to have a sister. Even her two best friends, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom had sisters. Scootaloo on the other hoof, did not. Scootaloo sighed, thinking about how awesome it would be to have a sister.

That's when she saw the computer.

It was a gorgeous object. It's sleek black frame combined with the clear images that it's screen provided made it a sight to behold. Scootaloo had always wanted to play on it, but she had always been to busy crusading to do any gaming. Online gaming had recently become immensely popular in the land of Equestria. Even Princess Celestia was playing video games! Why shouldn't Scootaloo play online, too?

She trotted towards the computer room and sat down in the downy chair before it. The chair was as soft as a sheep's wooly coat. The perfect chair to relax and play games in. Scootaloo looked at the computer for a moment, then she stopped. She didn't know how to use a computer. She scratched her head as she searched for a way to turn the electronic device on.

Maybe I should ask Techno Bolt to help me turn this thing on, Scootaloo thought. She pondered this for a moment and decided against it. She was Scootaloo, the toughest pony in the orphanage. She didn't need any help from a tech nerd to solve her technological dilemma!

Scootaloo inspected the monitor closer and saw a shiny black button on it. She pressed it with her hoof and held her breath. The monitor whirred to life, and the computer's screen lit up. Success! She held her head high with triumph. She had managed to turn the computer on without help for the first time, and she was proud of herself.

Soon enough, the computer was done loading. On the screen was two different icons. One labeled "foals," the other
labeled "adults." She selected the icon labeled foals, and it took her to the desktop. She skimmed the desktop looking fro a game to play.

One icon in particular caught the filly's eye. it was labeled 'Minecraft," and it sounded interesting enough for the orange foal to click on it. Scootaloo clicked Minecraft, and it brought her to the main menu. Scootaloo then clicked on Single player and started a new world.

"Name my world? Uh, okay," the pegasus filly said. She named her world "Scootamania" and created it.

After the world had loaded, Scootaloo cocked her brow. The world was made completely out of blocks, which was something she was definitely not used to. So... what do I do now, the filly wondered. Scootaloo walked for a little while until she came upon an opening in the world. Curiosity got the best of her, and she walked into it. It was dark inside, and the filly couldn't see a thing. Suddenly, she heard a menacing hissing sound, and screamed. An explosion was heard, and the screen was a reddish hue; the words, "you died" hanging on the screen.

"What was that?" She asked herself.

"You were blown up by a Creeper."

Scootaloo whirled around and saw Techno Bolt standing in the doorway. The grey unicorn colt stepped inside and walked up to Scootaloo.

"Creepers are hostile mobs that perform a single kamikaze type attack, which you now know from experience, is exploding," Techno Bolt stated matter-of-factly.

Scootaloo stared at him, a blank expression sitting on her face.

"... Here, let me just help you out."

Techno Bolt walked Scootaloo through the game, giving her tips on how to avoid death, and how to survive in Minecraft. After a while, the orange filly got the hang of this strange game. She built a house that extended from bedrock to the top of the world, and had fun doing it.

"Okay, I think you're good now," Techno Bolt said, and began walking out the door.

"Wait," Scootaloo cried. The grey colt stopped and looked back at the pegasus.

"Thank you," she said, gazing deep into his azure eyes.

The colt looked back at her and smiled. The two leaned in closer, until they were only inches apart.

"You're welcome! See ya around, Scootaloo!" The unicorn colt said. "Bye!"

With that, he trotted happily out of the room, leaving Scootaloo to happily play her game with new found confidence.

Comments ( 1 )

It’s not a bad story, but I understand why you abandoned it. It still gets a thumbs up from me, and it gets added to my favorites. Just so you know, it may not show up that I liked the story because of some stupid glitch on my phone that makes it so that I have to like the story after it’s been liked at least once. It may or may not show up, I don't know if it’s just me or if it actually doesn't show up for other people. Have a great day!:scootangel:

Login or register to comment