• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 1,175 Views, 91 Comments

The Pony Lisa - Hi World



Luna, Rarity, Rainbow and friends board a Prison Ship, suposedly compromised by thier Griffin enemies, with the intent of destroying it's nav data. When they learn they're dealing with a parasitic infestation, they may need to re-think thin

  • ...
5
 91
 1,175

Chapter 4: Under New Management

>Luna 1317 hours

There was a series of clicks as everypony turned the safety off on their weapons. Pinkie Pie was all hyped up.
“Pinkie Pie! Calm down!” She whispered at her, but it was one of those loud whispers.

Twilight queried, “Princess, in all fairness, whoever’s here knows that we’re here too. Perhaps we should make contact, before things turn… y’know… ugly.” Not whispering, but quiet.
Luna adopted this tone. “What art thou saying, Twilight?”
“I just think that maybe, we should talk to them. If they're prisoners, they might co-operate.”
“Hmm… I see what you mean, Twilight.”

Twilight was right. Twilight was always right, and she liked her for that. She was a know-it-all, but that was a useful trait in the military. Sometimes, smart decisions won the battles, not just muscle and fire power.
Celestia and Twilight really should swap places.
She still didn’t like being told what to do by a Private, but since Twilight was the most intelligent Unicorn she’d ever met, and since she was right, she followed her idea, and prepared her throat for some royal Canterlot.

“ATTENTION SUBJECTS!” Her fellow Ponies covered their ears. Funny. “THY PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT, HATH ARRIVED! SHOW YOURSELVES IMMEDIATELY!”
Twilight; “Uh, Princess? That’s not really-”
-Ow, my ears.”
Ugh, stupid Ponies.” The whispers originated from within the maze of boxes.
Twilight’s lecture would have to wait.

“Snowflake. Periscope.” Luna returned to her less deafening voice.
Snowflake just stared at her as if to say; nopony knows what that means, Princess.
"Ugh, take a look and tell us what thou see!”
So he did, and so did Bon Bon, Lyra at her back.
Bon Bon stated, “It’s all clear, Princess.”
Yeah, sounds like it. I didn’t even ask you.
“Snowflake, is it clear?”
His trademark response was filled with enthusiasm and testosterone. Yeeeaaah!
Somepony shushed him, and he roared Yeeeaaah, again, only more distant, like he was in the next room.
How did he do that?

Time for Derpy’s analysis: “Oh my gosh, I just heard something!”
“What is it, Derpy?”
“I don’t know. But it was very squelchy.”
This wasn’t going anywhere - until a hollow bang echoed around the hanger as something whizzed out from one hiding place to another, knocking into a steel barrel.

Partially visible; a Lion’s hind quarters crouched behind a large crate, ready to pounce on somepony on the other side. Closest was Fleur De Lis.
“Fleur!” Luna hissed at her and motioned with her hoof. “Get back! Griffins be there!”
“Oh non, vraiment?”
A soldier that doesn’t even speaketh our language? Thou hath got to be kidding us.

Rarity, Big Mac, Fluttershy and some others were all at the same side of the hanger as Fleur De Lis, who nervously reversed. Big Mac had his Assault Rifle aimed at the box.

The Griffins whispered to each other again, oblivious that everypony could hear them. “Ready?”
“Ready.”
More than two. The wings of the worst hide n’ seek player in the universe spread open like sails. Everypony was raring to fire. Pinkie Pie was ready to burst.
Time to set her stars free:
“Fire!”

>Rarity 1318 hours

Just before the rifles roared in unison, Pinkie Pie cheered, “Party time! Weee!
Oh Pinkie Pie, do you take anything seriously?
Fluttershy squealed with fright, a look of horror on her face. “I don’t want to do this!”

Rarity stood by Big Mac’s side, she was hopeless with a gun. Big Mac wasn’t.
“Over there Big Maac! She screamed over the thunder of battle.
“Eeyup.”
Hoowwl! He’d hit one!

No time to celebrate, another one launched up from behind a container. Huge wings nearly filling her view, talons at the front ready to scoop her up. Beak dipped in red. Closing her eyes, she squealed and fired burst after burst from her BR, until the Griffin fell on top of her.
A crushing defeat for you, Griffin! This was a poor reward for her victory.

Eeew, it’s on me! Get it off! It stinks! It burns! Oh gosh I can feel it bleeding out on me! Won’t somepony save me?!”
Staring expectantly at Big Mac, who had pulled her out of sticky situations many times before, she witnessed a Griffin fall at his hooves, just before he reloaded.
“Now will you help me?”
“Eeyup.”

With both front hooves, he hoisted her out from under the smelly old Griffin.
“Yuck… Thank you kindly, Big Macintosh.”
He nodded: You’re welcome. He then resumed firing.

The ratatatata of the MA5Ds continued to penetrate her ears. Zecora’s BR85 and the Princess’s DMR provided variety to the music. Also adding to the mix, was the Princess’s royal Canterlot voice, throwing insults at the Griffins who ran this way and that, seeking cover.

One of the Griffins sprung out from behind the forklift, and tackled Private Lyra to the ground. The light blue Unicorn bit ferociously into its talon, the Griffin yelping in response.

Countless muzzle flashes dazzled Rarity’s eyes, and she caught a glimpse of something red on her chest.
“Am I bleeding? Oh gosh! I think I’m bleeding!”
Fleur De Lis took a break to reload and tutted at her, “Ce n’est pas votre sang. C’est le Griffin.”
Then Applejack had a go, “T’aint your blood Rarity, it’s the Griffin’s - Woah! Applejack fired a quick burst, then another, longer one.
Oh, it’s not mine… That’s even worse!
“Uh, how could that be…?”

Rarity dove behind a crate as the fire fight continued; opening her saddle bag and pulling out a cloth - when a Griffin ran straight passed her. It was so close it created a breeze that blew her cloth off her hoof and into the darkness.
She squealed, Aah! My cloth! I need that!”

Desperately, she galloped after it, the sounds of gunfire and battle cries and royal Canterlot incoherence behind her.
Corporal Zecora’s voice could be heard, half masked by the rifles, “Everypony, I have you a tip. The Griffins are trying to take our drop ship.”
Zebra Zecora always rhymed like that. Rarity assumed it was Zebra tradition or some-
At last! Her cloth!

“Gochya.”
Trotting over, she picked up Pinkie Pie’s voice screaming, “Get back here!”
Then the Princess booming, “DO NOT LET THEM NEAR THY PELICAN!”
Once she approached her cloth, she discovered it was lying creased against a box in a sickly green paste.
A sniff of the stuff caused her to real back and gag. Ptooey! Oh, aha-aha. This is not good.”

"Sshh! A finger touched her lips.
Ok, she’d had quite enough of being shushed for… wait… A finger?
Not just a finger, but a talon. Looking up the yellow, segmented arm, Rarity found herself face to… side of face, with a Griffin.
Wow.

She had never seen a Griffin so close, or so calm. Griffins usually always wore helmets and sometimes soldier saddles, but this Griffin, along with all the other Griffins she’d seen on this ship so far, wore no helmet or soldier saddle what so ever. The feathers of its chest were slightly ruffled. The talon that wasn’t on her lips was soaked in that green paste she saw earlier. There was a small scar on its side, bordered with dry blood.

She knew she was no match for a Griffin, but this one posed no threat to her. It just sat and listened out for something over the gunfire, which finally died down. The finger on her lips withdrew, and proceeded to point out towards a patch of darkness at the other side of the hanger.

Time to make contact.
“Um… hello, gentle - er… Griffin-”
-Bababababang!
Rarity yelped in surprise as the muzzle of an MA5D entered her view and gave her an earful of ringing. Half the Griffin’s face was shorn off, including its beak. She groaned with the intense drumming in her head, turned round to see Big Mac standing valiantly over her, a puzzled look on his face.
She snapped herself out of it. “Oh, er... Thank you Big Mac. You… saved… my life. Haha.”
The giggle at the end was nervous. The “you saved my life,” was sarcastic, but it came out empty.

“Report!” Barked the Princess in her normal, still loud speaking voice.
Rarity approached with Big Mac, “Everything is fine, Princess.”
“We have three dead Griffins over hear,” Private Octavia perked up.
Then Lyra; “Two over here.”
Vinyl got in her face, Yes! We win!”

“Enough!” The Princess ordered. “Is anypony hurt?”
"I’m hurt,” Derpy informed with embarrassment.
It was nothing more than a grazed knee. Pinkie zipped over to her aid, knocking Vinyl into some boxes.
“I can fix it! I can fix it!” To fix it, she took Derpy’s hoof and gave it a kiss, like Derpy was a Princess.
Hahaha, stop it! Hahahaha, that tickles!”
“You see! Much better, right?”
Haha! Yeah, I guess. Thank you Pinkie Pie.”
“Aw you're welcome.”

Clearing her throat, the Princess was getting impatient. “Ok! Nopony is hurt. We get it. Rainbow Dash, how are things in thy Pelican?”
The Pegasus Pilot spoke over the Pelican’s exterior speaker, “Oh it’s lovely and cosy in here, Princess. I sure wish I had some of that ice cream with me! Hehe, can’t say the same for out there though. Things are looking pretty spooky on my cameras.” Loved to rub it in: She’d pay for that.

Everypony had jealousy in their eyes.
“Can I join you, Rainbow Dash?” Derpy asked, facing the Pelican, as if the Pelican was the one talking.
“Nnn… no.” With that, Rainbow raised the gangplank. No Derpys aloud.

“Oh my! Rarity! Are you ok?!” It was out of character for Fluttershy to speak as loud as she did just then.
“Of course. Don’t worry Fluttershy, it’s not my blood.”
“Oh thank goodness. I thought something awful had happened to you.”

The Princess cut in, “Hold on stars… Where is Bon Bon?”
"Bon Bon's not here?!" Private Lyra panicked, zipping around the troops. "Oh no! Bon Bon! Bon Bon!"
There was no answer.

Author's Note:

Once again; use Times New Roman and Medium Light for the best read.
This ones nice n' short.
So... where's Bon Bon? How's Lyra gonna react? Find out in a week! Unless I die or somethin' lol.
The next chapter just happens to follow Luna and nopony else. The one after will follow Rainbow for the first time tho! :D