• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 5,899 Views, 504 Comments

Blood Curse Boutique - Rarity Belle



With the discovery of herself being a vampony, will Rarity be able to keep her personality high or will she fall into the madness of her own mind? What followed her ever since a stormy night, was a life of deception and blood being spilled.

  • ...
40
 504
 5,899

PreviousChapters
Afterword

And so, after just over 2,5 years, I can finally place a definitive, finishing dot behind this story. Everything is the way that I want to have it, everything is in the best presentable way possible for me. For just over 2,5 years have I dedicated my time to the creation of this story. For just over 2,5 years it was one of the most dominant things in my mind.

It all started way, way back in October of 2012, now we are so much later in the future and I have learned just so much about writing in general. The knowledge that was gained during that time shall be put to good use, for I want to make the sequel even better.

Ever since the story surfaced in September of 2013, I was already a year tinkering on it and I was proud on it. But as time went on, my mistakes became apparent to me and the reader. Yet the more chapters got published, the more people liked the story I was telling despite the many flaws. For that, I can’t say thank you enough. Knowing that my writing isn’t topnotch but I still manage to capture the imagination, that’s making it all worth it for me.

I write my stories for one soul reason. Perhaps two. I don’t write for fame and fortune, not at all. I write, because there’s a story that I want to tell. One that I wish to share with every single one of you. The second reason, is a bit more down to earth: it keeps me busy. I love writing, so why shouldn’t I devote about every free minute I have to it?

But Blood Curse Boutique will always hold a special little spot in my heart. It is the one story that changed my writing forever. This is the story that defined my personal style as an author. The one story which turned me into the mind-bending, mentally torturing author that I am today. It’s all because of this tale, that such things have become a reality. And I can’t thank it enough for having done that.

Of course, I also want to thank everybody who has dropped by and even glanced at a chapter. But those who have read the story from beginning to end, are the ones I want to thank with all of my heart. You have been there for the long run, all chapters of it and during all of its publication weeks. Again, I can’t say thanks enough.

~~~~

Though one question might still be remaining, is there going to be a sequel? It’s a thing I’ve considered for a long time really, coming up with plotlines that make the story just as interested as this one, but even throwing in a new twist or two. The answer to the question, is a wholehearted yes, there’s going to be a sequel.

It is as Rarity said: even though every book has an end, it doesn’t mean the story is over. And from the looks of it, this story is far from over. Lean back, close the eyes and take a deep breath and... imagine.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 41 )

I just can't belleive this was started 2 years ago.
A story like this is a rariy.

I shall say it again, and I do apologize,EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :raritystarry: *clears throat* that is all...

keep it up
and
i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv139/FoxInAShoe/GIFS/tumblr_m2jizxU89R1qh4b99.gif
well think that what i can say has been said so
(insert positive measages here till 14 lines down)

This was the story that got me to sign up here on Fimfiction and i can honestly tell you that i loved this story for it was such an adventure to read and the work was absolutely lovely:raritystarry:

Until the sequel comes out, i will stand as an ever vigilant Night Guardian and keep an eye out for any trouble that could befall the people of the land.

Sergeant Cloud Star out
*end of transmission*
my rank is only here as a night guardian

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/362/3/1/sad_rarity_by_liiinadesu-d5phkfa.png
I...... I can't believe it's over! I have to say that I loved this book with all my heart, and I really need to thank you for writing this story. I, as well, was convinced to sign up for fimmy because of this story. I am very, very heartbroken that, it has ended, but thankyou for taking the time to write it. I am overjoyed at the idea that you are going to make a sequel, and I am so excited to read it. Rarity Belle, I will never forget this story

Oh, but poor sweetiebelle..... ):( http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/334/7/5/sad_sweetie_belle_vector_by_whiteshad0w-d5motvr.png

But alas, thankyou so, SO much for this story. I can't wait 'till the next ~ :pinkiesad2::fluttershysad:

I finally caught back up with this, and I cannot wait for the sequel. Best of luck to you in your writing of it.

After so much time and so many distractions, I have finally read the entire story.

As mentioned before, this is one hell of a story and I love what you have done with Rarity. At first I was looking forward to the sequel, but when I gave it some thought, I am not so sure about it. Of course, I would read it if you were to write it, but the thing is, I don't think this story needs a sequel. I mean, all the problems were resolved and all the major plotlines were taken care of.

Although, there were some interesting bits that remained unanswered. For example, what exactly happened to the Elements when Rarity, supposedly died? The part where dark magic tainted (?) other Elements.

The one thing that does frustrate me is that we never found out who turned Rarity into a vampony. Maybe I missed it, but I think it was Shiva. After all, she was looking for someone to take over her duties as the next ruler of vamponies, so it makes sense she would pick the successor herself.

Also, I did notice a small plothole. When Rarity went after Fleur, she had no problems entering the mansion uninvited. Whereas she could not enter Lyra's (I think it was Lyra) house without invitation. Was it because Fleur was bound to Rarity, thus granting her entrance into the mansion?

Another question I have, and I know I'll get a lot of strange looks from others, is about Rarity's ... quality time in the bathtub as well as few other intimate scenes. Why was arousal treated as something extremely rare and practically nonexistent in normal life? Considering that people feel aroused quite often, it was weird to read about Rarity's excitement as "feelings that have not been felt for a very long time".

Moving on, I was kind of expecting Rarity to reveal the truth about her condition to others, especially when they all were visiting their parents' house. For a moment, I believed she would, considering how she thought about ending it all. Might as well tell her friends the truth and accept what comes.

Anyway, this story has been an amazing read, even though it did take me ages to finish it.

6234952 Even though it took a long time, I do hope that it was worth every second.

About that sequel uhm, yeah, everything indeed got resolved with the exception of some questions. I do have the flow of the sequel written out and let me tell you, even though it continues on the story, there are going to be changes. Even thinking about it now makes me think about what should change and what should stay. It's as she said, even though every book has an end, it doesn't mean the story is over.

It's not a question that I gave much thought about actually. Yes, the element of Generosity is tainted by Rarity's undeadness, but the others can keep it together. Truth be told, not even I know what really happened to those things. Though given enough thought, it might turn into something interesting for the sequel.

Aahhh, the one who turned Rarity. You know, there was a lot of debate with myself whether or not I should reveal who it actually was. Yet as time went on, I found a certain charm to the unknown. Not knowing who turned Rarity does leave a gap, yes, but throughout the story there are little hints given that can lead to a possible explanation of it. I think I wrote it in, but not as in the face as some other things. Perhaps it was Shiva, perhaps it was a servant, I'll leave that for you to decide.

... Now that you say it, I can slap myself in the face for it. Though I can give the excuse that Rarity had been welcomed before, when Fancy Pants was still alive. She was welcome in the mansion and that invitation was never rejected or retracted, thus granting her access to the mansion. Maybe a bit farfetched, but it's an excuse that works.

In all honesty, I do not know how to answer that one. I do get the question you're asking here, but I don't know how to answer it. Perhaps it's because Rarity has always been so busy, it leaves her little time to please herself? Perhaps the chance to please herself hadn't been given due to the fear of interruptions of a certain filly? Perhaps she knew how to lock her desires away for the one true stallion but they got released when her mind changed? So many answers to the question, but which one is the most fitting?

'Wat niet weet, wat niet deert,' is a Dutch saying that roughly translates to 'What you don't know, doesn't hurt.' All her friend believe that she died during the fire in the boutique, why reveal yourself as this mythical being (or again in Twilight's case) before ending it all? No, that didn't feel like Rarity to me. She didn't wanted to give her friends more pain than she had to. What they don't know, can't hurt them, so to speak. Only her mother had figured it out thanks to the burned dairy, a mother who most likely would spill it to her husband in future times.

Slow and steady wins the race, right? :raritywink:

6248275 if i would be vampire, i would not be greedy and try to survive, but killing myself for benefit of others!

6248535 That's what you say now, inside of your comfortzone. What if you are pulled out of that, like Rarity had become? Saying that you would kill yourself is easy, but have you ever stood with an actual knife at your wrist or neck, wanting to end it all? It's difficult to do. It takes a lot of willpower to slice the blade. (Not speaking from expierence, but knowing how the brain functions)

6254664 id burn myself with all the evil that i made
not slice wrists (which wont work on vampires, u dum dum)

6254840 It was just an example, to get my point across about the subject of suicide in general.

6263086 I'm glad that you enjoyed the tale so far.
Though I think that Sweetie would be terrified if she came to know. Letting Rarity drink her own blood is a hard thing. Not just for Sweetie, but also for Rarity. Its a moral dilemma that goes against everything she stands for. I think you'll get a better understanding the more the story passes.

I am impressed... well done, Rarity... this story is well deserving of a place in my Badass Rarity Belle group.

6371830 And I thank you for your kind words.

6401229 you sure do reply fast:D but yeah anyway...that's just imo

6498870 And for that, I thank you kindly, my dear.

Ok, I liked your "Changes of a Unicorn" story and I must confess I like evil Rarity stories in general. However, she's also my favorite pony, so before I get into this, I'd like to ask: Does she die at the end? I know it's a spoioler and I know many users don't want to know, but it's a very long story and while I don't care if she kills her friends/Celestia/Luna/the diamond dogs or basically any pony in the show, I don't want another dark story that feels the need to serve justice at the end and kill the protagonist. You can pm me with your answer if you don't want to post a comment containing such a big spoiler, but I've already red a story in which Rarity was a psychopatic maniac who killed dozens of ponies in her basement until she was discovered, painfully de-horned and served a death sentence and I don't want to invest my time in a story just to receive a sad ending like that again... Please! :raritystarry:

6519185 I'm glad that you liked that little piece of madness of mine and 'evil' Rarity is a bit of my thing, even though she's my favorite pony as well. However, before I answer your question, I do believe that the story you mentioned here is The secret life of Rarity, a tale I haven't read myself as of this day, and probably never will because reasons unexplained.

Now to answer your question. As stated in the summary of the story, although not directly, she's a vampony. A vampony (or a vampire) is an undead being of the night that dwells around, feeding on blood. Depending on your definition used for 'die', the only answer I can give without saying too much, is that she's dead from the start. She's undead, after all. But, I am not whole without mercy, so I will tell you this: No, she doesn't die at the end.

6519562 Thank you very much for your quick answer! I always found Rarity to be the most fascinating of the mane 6 - she knows how to make others do her bidding, she has a strong desire for popularity and power which sometimes overshadows her generosity, she's very classy, smart and charismatic/diplomatic and I'd argue she's also the most mature of the group as she always keeps her demeanour and even when she's not in control of a situation she finds logical and creative ways to attain it or manipulates others into ceasing It, while Twilight often freaks out under pressure... Some equate her to a cliche diva/drama queen, but I see in her a very complex personality that the other more childish characters lack and I'm glad to meet someone else who appreciates Rarity and the "grandeur" of her character! =D

Yes, that story was "The Secret Life of Rarity", and I must admit it's a well-written story which I loved because of its literary value in spite of the grief its ending caused me. If you think about trying it in some distant time in an unlikely universe where the "unexplained reasons" cease to exist, I can vouch for its quality as a drama,

Back to our tale, I also love well-written vampire stories (I'm a diehard fan of the Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines if you've heard of it) so I'm really looking forward to reading this! All the best from Transylvanya, and once again many thanks for the help! (no, this is not a joke - I'm a Romanian born and currently studying in Transylvania... Yup, I know - the irony :)) )

6519932 You're welcome for that, my dear. All of that combined, also made Rarity one of my favorites. Well, combined with the fact that I had began to role play as her in a long and distant past. Perhaps that's why my Rarity's always have that bit of insanity in them... would explain a lot though.

Funny is it not? That I know a story, but not having read it yet. Then again, I haven't really been reading that much when it comes down to it. Fanfiction creation is something that I just love and adore, while reading them is a bit harder for me to do. So I have to believe you on the fact of it being a well written tale.

Vampire (or vampony) stories have always been a thing that captured my interests. There's just something about them, that makes my blood chill and my breath stall for a moment. (Heard of it? I've even played it!) But I won't stall you any long than I already have. Take your time with reading this tale and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as you thought you would. Again, you're very welcome for the help. (Heh, well there's something curious.)

6542560
If I'm honest, I don't know how to reply to this mostly because it's been so long since I read this story that I forgot most of it. :derpytongue2:

I don't think I was trying to justify Fleur actions, it's just that I liked her as character and didn't want her to die.

6543129 No worries! :twilightsmile: In fact I just read how many weeks ago you posted that comment, so I figure the story is not that fresh in your head anymore LOL... Sorry! I was so engrossed in the story that I read till 5:15 in the morning last night only to finish it, and I think I wrote that comment at about 3 a. m or something and was already too tired to pay attention to the date. :))

6544898 Hmhmhmh, glad to hear that you enjoyed the piece for what it is, my dear. But it does sound like you really had been invested in the story, to read something this big in just a few days? Kudos to you for managing that. Well, given everything that already happened to her in the story, I made the decision when I was done writing it, that Rarity would be kept alive. The last 3 chapters were literally tagged to make sure she would remain alive. However, know that sometimes living, is a greater curse than death. A long comment it indeed is, without a single doubt, but also one that I loved to read through.

E'yup, e'yup, e'yup, you got the spirit of the story down to the wire right there, gotta hand that to you. That was the fun thing for me to do actually. What would happen if Rarity became a vampony but she still tried to live her normal life? The fruits of that labor, well, you're looking right at it. While it is true that Spike owed her an apology and the same goes for Rainbow Dash, there's no excuse for either situation that I can talk myself out to. I'll leave it to your imagination how those things got resolved, behind the written word is another world unexplored, shall we say. While the words you say about handling the situations better, with Fleur and everything, keep in mind that the story is still supposed to be a tragedy, I never intended this to become a story with a happy ending and throughout it, that surfaces time and time again. The 'excuses' (for the lack of a better term) that you gave -while suitable- were impossible as they would have been a tad bit too easy. Besides, if it had played out like you said, you wouldn't have felt the massive mix of emotions, would you? Toying with emotions is a thing I love, dus daarvoor wil ik je bedanken.

Flutterwolf's bit has been rushed a bit indeed, but it was the only way for me to have the two meet in that fashion. Still, two undead in a castle in Everfree? Wonder how long that will go right. Rejecting the darkness? Tsk, tsk, tsk, my dear, Rarity can never reject the darkness she's forced to live in. Perhaps she didn't enslave Equestria in this universe, but there's always an alternative where it did happen. The whole future-past thingy with Twilight is still...

Questions, questions, question, fair enough. I shall answer them to the best of my abilities. Let's hear it.
1: While true, you have to compare it to someone that's working the night-shift, they need their sleep and waking them is the last thing you want. As the saying goes, you should never wake a sleeping dog. Especially when that dog is more bite than bark.
2: Another true thing. But also note that Rarity was enjoying a glass of wine at the moment. Concentration can take one to far away places, to the point of not hearing what's around anymore. One could argue the taste of the wine though. But that's another story.
3: Now there's actually the biggest bottleneck of the entire story for me. I left the speech out on purpose. I had this one idea in my mind while working out the story, but the more I looked at it, the more I realized something. One idea was replaced with another which would clash with some other things in the story. There's a reason I left the speech out and that's a very, very simple one actually: I have no idea about history and relation.
4: What happen in Ponyville falls under the forces of that region, what happens in Canterlot falls under that. Weak excuse: they are just terrible. Strong excuse: two different regions don't really work together. ...Thinking of it, that's just as terrible.
5: When you have nothing left, you have nothing else to lose. It was a high risk/high reward thing for Rarity to do. One of the many things was so she indeed could see her friends again, but also to speak with Luna in a more uncomfortable situation for the princess. Your plan sounds simple, but it has too many variables that would make it fail on a couple levels. Luna didn't send the ticket, the Mane 6 got them all way in advance. However, let's just say that by reading your comment, it isn't Luna who's connecting the dots, but me.
6: All things in time, all things in time itself.
7: Who said that it was? Time's a curious little thing.
8: The sequel, the sequel, the sequel, now there's a curious little thing indeed. I had written down a 'story-flow' for it, but wasn't really that happy with it. However, given certain things going on in my life, I won't be able to work fully on it but I am going to try and steer the ship around. Most likely later today, I will start writing an entirely new story-flow and see if I'm happy with that one before the writing will commence. When it will be done? I dunno, writing BCB too me a year to complete. Then again, Journey to the center of Equestria is twice in size but took half the time to complete so, it can go any direction.
9: There are only three small words that I can say to that question: I'll allow it. I've always had this natural curiosity of how others would deal with the things I've done and this is a perfect example of that very thing. There are, however, one or two conditions that I have. The first: credit's where credit's due (had some trouble with a flat-out plagiarist a few months back). Secondly, since it's not written by me, I won't be able to view it as 'canon' in the story's universe. However, as I do with all my stories, alternative universes are all around. So go for it! Unleash the flows of creativity and see what you will create!

The length of the comment isn't that big of a deal if you ask me. All of it was fair and quite the delight to read through.

I really want to read this story, but the grammar and writing style in the first few chapters just kills it for me. I have no idea if it gets better or not later on but I don't want to have to force myself to read it. I'll keep this on my to read list and might come back later if you decide to clean it up a bit. The premise is very interesting though.

6719728 Only judge of that would be time to see whether or it either gets better or worse for you personally. But cleaning it up? After 3 to 4 re-writes that I already did on the story? Doubt that that is ever going to happen, unfortunately as it may seem.

6721183 Sorry, I didn't realise you'd rewritten it that many times. And I suppose you're right, I can only really judge if I read it, otherwise I really can't say anything.

6544898 Longest freaking comment of my life

To be honest with you, I don't even know what to say about this. The story had me thinking many things and it was a really good story when it comes to story line and character but out of personal reasons I cannot say much but "Good Job" Keep up the good work, never give up

7141305 I don't want to say basically, but basically...

7144179 Simple: write a long, complicated, emotionally troubling tale.

...Okay, maybe not that simple...

7442186 May I have my moments to be punny, please? :twilightsheepish:

So I noticed that this story has a sex tag, so I was just curious as to what that entailed. Is it clopfic quality or not, is the question I guess I am asking.

7684191 It's not clopfic quality, that's one thing I can assure you. But there are some chapters in this tale that kinda require the tag. Out of my head, chapter 12 or 13 really needs one. Other than that...I can't remember...

7685198 Okay. I was very curious about it. If it wasn't for the fact that there are a few other mlp youtube readings I am working on (which I had to start over due to my hard drive dying) I would be interesting in doing a mlp youtube reading of this story.

My only policy is I don't do clop.

7686826 A fair enough point if you ask me. If you want to do a reading of it, I say go ahead. But since you don't do clop, I suggest to read (or skim) through the story first. I know for a fact that chapter 13 (or 12) touches upon the subject of self-pleasure. ...Not sure in how much detail it was though (I haven't looked at this story in months) and in the later chapters I believe (that being the keyword) it's implied. It's about seductive vampire ponies...I think you can fill in the blanks. But full-on, 'hardcore' clop isn't in order. Again, if memory serves me right.

8202500 Here's to hoping that they will remain those levels throughout the rest of the story.

Come here to read a finally good Rarity vampire fic, after many that were average or incomplete. And still you manage to disappoint me.
Half of the chapters are a waste of words and the good ones have useless descriptions and create suspense in the wrong places.
I skip to the final chapter and what I have learn that was:
-Nobody found out that Rarity is a Vampire, nor friends, nor family.
-If someone found out the truth, a Deus ex Bull**t happen to him or her to foget it.
-Luna never help Rarity to her thirst problem in any form.
-Fleur D'Lis and the entire equestrian sosiety were full retard to not noticing the absence of Fancy Pants for months!
-Caruselle Boutique burn down and everybody think Rarity is dead.
-She's the Queen (sort of) of the Vampires now, and have werewolf Flutters and Slave Trixie with her in her castle.
-And most importantly, the plot do whatever it likes with the vampire folklore. For example, Rarity have no problem in intrude Trixie's wagon but sudenly a house goes full "nope you shall not past unless my owner say so".

I read the first 28 chapters, it was painfull and unsatisfying. the buid up was to much and the pay off to little.
My advice is you must short down a little the texts, get rid of words and sentence that don't go anywhere and don't ad somthing to the plot. Why am I supose to give a damn thing about the war betwin the Sun Church and the Moon Church?
Center on the plot and get rid of anything else that don't ad something to it.

Login or register to comment