• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 5,874 Views, 504 Comments

Blood Curse Boutique - Rarity Belle



With the discovery of herself being a vampony, will Rarity be able to keep her personality high or will she fall into the madness of her own mind? What followed her ever since a stormy night, was a life of deception and blood being spilled.

  • ...
40
 504
 5,874

PreviousChapters Next
16 Every secret eventually surfaces

The young unicorn had become scared for her death after Scootaloo had opened the drawer. It was in the moment the worst that could happen. The only thing that would make it the apocalypse complete was if Rarity managed to wake up from the sounds. Terrified by the thought, Sweetie knew she had to do something at that moment.

“My room, now!” she whispered in a yell to her friends. Scootaloo did listen to the call for once and ventured back to the other two fillies with a big grin on her face. A grin that was obscured by something else in her mouth. Whether Sweetie wanted it or not, but the pegasus filly held the journal in her mouth. Yet she was polite enough to shut the drawer again. Both her and Apple Bloom nodded and together they made their way back the way they came, through the bedroom door. The unicorn filly had tried to reason with the pegasus along the way to the filly’s bedroom but Scootaloo was thicker than a mule when it came to changing the mindset she had.

Only after the pegasus and the earth pony passed through the other doorway was the door closed behind them by Sweetie. For the most part it went in silence but the soft screeches of the hinges were unavoidable. Still scared for what might happen did the young unicorn allow the door to fall back within the lock before she joined the two in a silent gallop that led them over to the other bedroom.

~~~~

After both the earth pony and the pegasus had entered the room, Sweetie Belle closed her own door. With the door being shut it would act as a silencer. For it would minimizing the sound that would leave it as her emerald green eyes stood on anger. A look which the other two fillies were not used from her and what resulted in them gulping lightly while the orange pegasus accidentally dropped the journal out of fear. The book made a single bounce on the ground before fell open at a certain page. But Scootaloo was too scared to look at it and Sweetie too angry.

“I only needed to grab a couple things, we could have been out of here already! But no, you just venture out on your own. I don’t have a problem with you wandering off, but nopony, and I repeat, nopony enters my sister’s bedroom when she is asleep, let alone roam through her things! You could be dead, Scootaloo!” the unicorn filly spoke angered. She had a rough time to control it all. Apple Bloom could see that fact clear as day. Sweetie never was the kind of pony who wanted to go in a hoof to hoof fight but Scootaloo had brought her close to that tipping point. After she had spoken her words of rage did the filly to just began walk. She walked and trailed after her own tail in order to vent some of the anger in her body. The other two could only pray it succeeded.

~~~~

The both of them still gazed scared at the sudden outburst and it was Scootaloo who closed her eyes and dropped her head a little in shame for her deeds. “I am sorry Sweetie, I shouldn't have done that,” she spoke in an honest tone and was loud and clear. But she was too ashamed to admit it right in the eyes of the angry unicorn she considered one of her best friends in the world.

“Tis alright Scootaloo, she didn't woke up and you’re still in one piece,” replied Apple Bloom as one of her hooves rested comfortably on the shoulder of the orange pegasus. It was not much but for Scootaloo it meant the world at that point. Never in her life had she let Sweetie down so much, and she truly regretted it with every cell in her body. She didn't spoke words but Apple Bloom could feel her act was appreciated.

Sweetie on the other end couldn't calm herself down by walking around. It did help for some but by far not all. Instead she tried a tactic she had learned from her sister. A tactic which involved heavy in- and exhaling through the nose and mouth. It was worth a shot in her eyes and started doing it. Deep breaths were taken in through her mouth and long exhales done by the nose.

Apple Bloom looked up all the way as she heard the sounds but Scootaloo only moved up her eyes to see it. They were both confused and surprised by that what was going on. Yet all they could do was continue the waiting game. Time luckily didn't had to progress all too long before Sweetie’s signature friendly smile found its way back upon her face. “It is alright Scoot, but never do it again, okay?” she replied to her friend in a much calmer voice.

As the words were being picked up by her hears, the pegasus slowly rose back up as her eyes opened themselves to their fullest extent. The purple rims got rested on the little white unicorn while the words left her. “Yeah, I promise I won’t do it again.”

“Good, we’re all friends again?” Apple Bloom asked out of sheer curiosity as her eyes switched between both Sweetie and Scootaloo.

“If Sweetie says so, but I think we are,” answered the pegasus with a weak chuckle.

The unicorn filly nodded for confirmation from her side. “We are,” she then said.

~~~~

All three of them smiled to each other but the eyes of Apple Bloom were dropped down in relief that there wasn't a fight between the two of them. But when her eyes fell down, they got rested upon the open page in the book. In her subconscious she began to read the content of it carefully even if it was written upside down. “Girls, Ah think it wasn't any book Scoots took,” she spoke up after she had read the entire page. An obnoxious feeling rose up in her, a feeling that she knew something she better couldn't have because it was terrible.

Sweetie and Scootaloo had been talking to one another about the situation before the words of the earth pony filly fell in their ears. “Huh!?” was the only thing the other two could say before they fixed their attention to Apple Bloom. Neither of them knew exactly what she was talking about, but they sure wanted to know more about it all. Both their eyes were filled with questions as the world around them was lost. It slowly turned into nothing but black as they only had eyes for one pony. And that pony was Apple Bloom herself.

“Sweetie, does yar sister keep a diary or something?” the earth pony asked in a noticeable scared tone.

“Not that I know of to be honest. Then again, much about her personal life is hidden from me for some reason,” replied Sweetie after she did some pounding in her mind about the question.

“You want to go somewhere with this, Apple Bloom?” Scootaloo asked after she had tilted her head. Though she first watched in which direction it would be safer to do so.

“Yes Ah’m,” answered the earth pony filly as her hoof pointed to the book. “Ah think ya dug up Rarity’s journal, Scoots.”

“What!?” yelled Sweetie with her usual voice crack but was cut short from her words as both a hoof from both Scootaloo and Apple Bloom was shoved right into her mouth. As if they were perfectly in sync with one another did they release a shushing sound towards the unicorn filly.

The filly nodded that she understood the message and the hooves were removed a few moments later. But the ears kept themselves perked for any sounds that could be heard on the hallway. All three of them expected an angry Rarity to rampage through the door and that shouted at them to be quiet in a blind rage. Yet for four long and dreadful minutes was there nothing to be heard. Not even a single sound dared to have left the three of them. None of them even dared to breath out loud or make even the slightest of motions.

It was after the passage of those minutes that their expectations lowered. They thought that after such a long period of time, Rarity wouldn't come anymore for them. It was a comforting thought to say the least and the one with which they continued on. The three of them sighing in pure relief and then looked upon one another. All three their eyes asked the same question, that of what the plan was going to be afterward.

“So this, is my sisters journal?” Sweetie asked in a careful tone.

“So it seems,” replied Apple Bloom before she looked upon the little unicorn.

“Cutie Mark Crusaders gossip readers, anypony?” spoke Scootaloo under a soft snicker.

“Ya know that that was a terrible joke right?” Apple Bloom said with a crooked look on her face. A look that was meant solitary for the pegasus. Scootaloo always had a small habit of doing such things and it was something that bugged the others to no end sometimes.

“Know and noted,” the pegasus answered with a chuckle in her voice. Sweetie however, had turned the journal towards herself and was already reading a couple pages further within it. Yet at the entry she had laid her eyes on, she shushed the two of them and started to read aloud to them.

And so falls another day behind me, another day of worries and stress that can be left behind. So many things done today. But the most important one being the dress for Applejack, for her family meeting in Manehatten. She told that would be a lovely party but that she wasn't looking forward to it at all.

Can you believe it? That farmer has family in a metropolis of Equestria and yet stays here. I can not discover just what it is that makes her stay in this town though. If I had been in her place, I would have been gone a long time again. But a ball rolls odd, shall we say. Though there are still a few patterns that need to be solved. Don’t want to rehash the whole gala look again. Maybe a bit less, apple-ish.

-Your faithful Rarity

~~~~

“Say what now!?” said Apple Bloom in a whispering but clear tone of anger. She couldn't help it but to just feel insulted by the words that were written down in the book. The feeling could even be seen within her own eyes as she continued to let herself boil in her own soap. And both the unicorn and pegasus noticed it after the words were spoken.

“Easy Apple Bloom, I’m sure she didn't mean it that way,” replied Scootaloo. It was her turn to hold the earth pony filly with all of her might. The only disadvantage was the fact that Apple Bloom could be as strong as her sister if she wanted to be. And the situation she landed in happened to be one of those cases.

Scootaloo had a troublesome time of managing and containing the young farmer on the spot. Apple Bloom had to be locked by the pegasus with her forelegs going under the armpits and held her against the chest. The both of them just struggled to no end. One to escape, the other to keep her. It was not a pretty sight to withhold but it simply had to be done.

“Hey, it stands here in the journal. I think that she writes it down, to get it off of her mind,” explained Sweetie to the earth pony in the best reasonable manner. But even for her it was unknown territory. She didn't even knew that Rarity had such a thing to start with.

“Ah think, Ah think you are right about it, Sweets.” Apple Bloom spoke up as she stopped her struggling under a deep sigh. Her head lowered itself down to the ground while her ears went flat against her head. But her eyes rose themselves up to Sweetie. “Still hurts me...”

“Can, can I release you, Apple Bloom?” Scootaloo asked carefully. She feared another struggle that would erupt from the question. But instead did the young earth pony gave a simple nod to the words. Almost right away could the earth pony feel that the hold of the pegasus became lesser.

“At least it is not said right in your face right? I mean, I did found it by accident,” spoke Scootaloo in a soft tone before she released Apple Bloom from her hold.

“Ya stole it, ya mean,” the earth pony corrected her.

“More, borrowing without asking I would say,” replied the orange pegasus with a silly grin. Apple Bloom just rolled her eyes in annoyance. She was prepared to counter the spoken words but Sweetie interrupted the two of them.

“Stop it you two,” she said with a confident voice and the two other fillies knew it was just pointless to go on in their argument. The both of them nodded in agreement to the words and focused their attention on the young unicorn once again.

“Alright, alright. What more stands in there, like what is the latest one about?” Scootaloo asked as she tried to change the subject. At least she tried to do it. But if reading further through the journal was such a good thing to do, had to be found out through the passage of time.

Sweetie nodded and went through the many pages under the sounds of a soft moan that came from her mind. A moan that was caused by the thoughts that rushed through her mind. Mere seconds later did her eyes fell on what appeared to be the most recent entry. She cleared her throat as quiet as she could to read aloud to her friends once more.

A new night has passed by and what a wonderful night it was for certain. The hunt that was made delivered some of the best blood I have tasted in months. The rest of the night went quite calmly as I managed to finish, or at least work further on, a couple dresses before deciding to go to bed. All of those projects shall be finished one day, but having to leave every day to get a meal does consume a lot more time than I originally had wanted it. Maybe through time that problem shall be solved.

~~~~

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked and listened amazed yet disgusted to the words that were spoken by Sweetie. Neither of them could fully wrap their heads around the words spoken, but knew just one thing about them. And that was the fact they were mysterious, ominous and overall just sinister and unpleasant.

“Did ya say, blood?” the earth pony filly asked with care. To the question could Sweetie only give a nod while one of her forehooves gently made its way over the two little scars in her neck. But in her head she connected the dots up to a ridiculous idea. An idea that could have been a memory that was unspeakable off for her. Without any kind of warning did she rose herself up and closed the book before she took it in her mouth.

“Where are ya going to?” Apple Bloom asked upon seeing the events happen. Scootaloo remained silent as she was delved within her thoughts about the whole thing.

“Rephurning phis... And regrephphing my eyes pho fall on iph,” replied Sweetie somber with the book still firm in her mouth. But she just dropped it to the ground again and picked it up with a hoof as it tore her jaw to shred. Or so it felt. The filly limped on her three legs and would continue the journey in that manner.

Before either of the two could argue or even decipher that was said, the unicorn had already passed them and the click of her door unlocking fell in their ears. Scootaloo was snipped out of her thought and the two remaining Crusaders came into action alright right away.

“Are you mad!?” Scootaloo whispered against the young unicorn after she had caught up with her. Though it was a hopeless cause as Sweetie kept trotting quietly through the doorway. The filly went through the dark hall and made her way over to the door that was leading to her sister’s bedroom.

The heads of the two other fillies peeked out of the doorway and they simply looked at what would happen. With the unique click of the door that did its turn through the quiet boutique again, Sweetie carefully entered and disappeared in the curtain created darkness of the room behind it. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo only could hope for the best but they both knew that they should fear the worst. The young fillies looked over to each other and their eyes spoke more than enough for the both of them.

~~~~

Sweetie Belle maneuvered herself in complete silence through the grand bedroom of the building. Yet the fear of her sister just waking up like that was always present within her. It made her heart beat faster and time appeared to be even slower than usual for her. With a couple elegant steps and hops had she made her way over to the closed drawer. Much to her own luck was the key still stuck in the lock it just as Scootaloo left it when they made their departure. Good thing she didn't woke up, yet, she thought to herself after she looked over the bed. Then her eyes lowered themselves and she gazed over the journal she had grown to hate.

The young filly turned her eyes back up and she opened the drawer with the least amount of sound she could possibly make. The journal was placed back inside of it as soon as the hole was big enough. Sweetie could only pray that it laid in the right position as it was found in. But knowing her sister’s ordering manner, it must have been the very middle of the middle within it. And that was what she tried to achieve. Soon afterwards would she have closed the drawer again and had one last look over to the posterbed of her sister. After that she just wanted to leave the room as a whole.

On the bed did everything appear to be normal and Sweetie turned herself back around. But when the filly wanted to lock the drawer again, there were a couple moans that left the bed. The green eyes of Sweetie grew to their smallest size possible. She turned herself around again before being able to lock the drawer and her eyes shot in every direction to find a suitable hiding spot. That was literally the only thing on her mind at the moment. Hide to safety, to be safe from the possible eruption that would come from Mount Rarity.

And almost within a second she just dived under the bed and made herself as small as possible. With her heart beating as fast as it could did the filly fear what would happen next. It was soon enough that there was a set of ivory coated hind legs that dangled before the eyes of Sweetie. A set that got followed by a pair of front ones before the figure finally was placed on the ground. What was followed was a loud yawn made by Rarity herself. In an ever so slow manner did the hooves managed to take the body away and disappeared out of Sweetie’s sight.

The little filly sighed softly in relief to it all but the relief was of short terms. For the voice of her sister echoed on the hallway. “What in..? First my door is standing open, then Sweetie’s... Am I starting to get messy?” And almost right after the words were spoken there was the click of Sweetie’s door being closed that did its turn through the upper level of the building. “Time for some, wine,” the mare spoke to herself before the sound of her hooves that went down the steps of the stairs fell into the ears of the filly until they faded away. Once again it was the silence that had taken over the room, if not the whole floor. A silence that was both creepily eerie and wonderfully satisfying.

Sweetie managed to crawl from under the bed with haste and in silence she galloped the journey over to her room. She unlocked her door again as quiet as it was possible and stared into her empty room. “Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, where are you?” she spoke in a near silent whisper. Her room was once again indulged with darkness as Rarity also had closed the curtains again. Sweetie began to fear that something terrible had happened to the both of them. But from under the bed there were two figure who gently started to reveal themselves. One with a set of purple rims as the other had a set of yellow rims.

Sweetie Belle sighed in utmost relief upon the revealed sight and took her bag that was filled with the things she needed before her mouth opened again. “We need to go, now.”

“Are you mad!?” whispered Scootaloo as Apple Bloom took place next to Sweetie.

“We have to Scoots, or are ya,” the little cowgirl started to grin a little towards her orange coated friend and she added a single word to her sentence, “chicken?”

The insult echoed within her ears, Scootaloo had a bit of a hard time to not to become angry at it. Her eyes closed themselves for a little bit as a deep sigh left through her mouth. “Let’s go,” she simply said. She had gathered her guts for as much it was possible and gave another, deep exhale through her nose. Even though Sweetie had everything she needed, in the haste and fear she had forgotten one important thing. And that being her stuffed animal.

~~~~

With care in their every step made the Crusaders their way over the hallway and Sweetie closed the door of her bedroom ever so gently. Again did they had to make sure they didn't make any form of sound which could possibly alert Rarity. Sweetie nodded to Apple Bloom and Scootaloo as it was the starting signal for the daring travels. The latter was the first to go towards the staircase as quiet as she possibly could.

Once the unicorn filly - who formed the rearguard - had joined them once more did all three of them perk their ears in order to listen just what the sounds were on the lower floor of the boutique. If it would be safe for them to venture down and just out of it. So that they would and could let Rarity just live alone again.

Within the ears of the fillies there were the same sounds to be caught. The sounds of the elder sister who mumbled against herself before being occasionally interrupted by the gentle moments of silence. The three thought that the silences were created by sips she took from her wine. Or any other liquid she happened to be drinking at the time actually. Sweetie tried to listen even deeper at the sounds and was gently figuring out the exact location to where they originated from.

It was after a couple seconds she thought she had found the right location and could only pray that she actually had the right one. From the three fillies it was the unicorn who was the very first who began to descend from the stairs and into the unknown. It was a plan she came up with herself: if she was caught by Rarity it wouldn't be the biggest of deals. Or so she hoped at least. Not to mention that she was packed with her saddlebags and thus the heaviest of the three.

The other two fillies followed within the hoof steps of Sweetie and they managed to be as quiet as possible. Even the always so impatient Scootaloo managed to have brought up the needed patience for the operation to herself. Before either of the three knew it, they found themselves on the bottom of the staircase. Though instead of venturing forward and towards the door to get out, Sweetie moved her hoof in order to hold her friends from moving any further. The two fillies looked a little confused to each other at first before they fixed their attention back on Sweetie. The filly was perking her ears again for the sounds.

All the sounds seemed to be the same and the young unicorn began to make her way over to the front door with her friends tailing her. But as they came closer and closer to the door, they had to pass the archway that was leading into the living room. From the corner of her eye took Sweetie note of a shadow that was moving.

In response to it did she froze up on the spot and knocked her friends against the wall before she rested her own back against it while looking over to the two. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom first gazed upon each other before turning their confused looks over to Sweetie who already had her head turned over to the side. The young unicorn looked into the living room with both of her eyes. Soon enough found the heads of both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo themselves on top of that of Sweetie. All three of them were looking inside the room to see what was going on.

~~~~

But the events that unfold themselves before their eyes were some that they could only pray of that their eyes were flat out lying to them. The three fillies watched through the living room as a whole. There they saw the unicorn laying down on her sofa while she took a sip from her wine. She was still wearing her signature, transparent purple nightgown she was always seen with. If she was even seen at all to begin with.

The glass had set itself back on the table and the eyes of the mare were opened again. But as they fell in the eyes of the fillies, there was a gentle flicker that caused them to go from their crimson red coloring to a sapphire blue in the fraction of a second. After that they just closed themselves again under a dark chuckle that left from the sister her mouth.

While the chuckle slowly died down there was a grin took place on her face. Her mouth was opened wide enough to reveal the extended canines in their full glory. As the sight fell in their eyes as it was were all three of the fillies frightened for their lives. And none wanted to believe the sights they caught.

They retracted their heads back and all looked at each other with the same gaze of disbelief and utmost fear. After a few seconds it was Apple Bloom who opened her mouth and whispered almost with no sound. “Did ya’ll see that?”

“H-How could I not?” Scootaloo answered under the same tone. “She is a monster!”

“Hey! Don’t talk like that about my sister!” whispered Sweetie Belle in a snarl.

“You have seen her fangs, Sweetie? She is a vampony!” spoke the orange pegasus ever so softly while she tried to get her point across.

“A what?” they both answered.

“A lot of trouble, I will explain the club house...”

~~~~

The fillies nodded and dared to peek back around the archway. They noticed that Rarity had removed herself from the sofa and was just staring at one of the many candles. The unicorn appeared to be in some sort of trance as she watched the flame dancing but on her back there was something that wished to expand itself. Though the soft moaning of the mare indicated she tried her best not too.

But then the nightgown just uncurled itself in a set of bat like wings and Rarity released a sigh of relief while flapping them lightly. “So much better to just have them out,” she said in a bit of a darker tone than usual before her attention was taken off of the candle. She just walked a little through the living room without any thought in her mind.

They all three retracted back behind the wall again and looked at each other in pure terror. The fear they had was dripping off of their faces, faces that saw pure white of color. They could speak of luck that none of them actually released a utmost terror at the sights they had seen.

“What do we do?” asked Scootaloo with a rampaging heart.

“B-Backdoor, follow me,” answered Sweetie who didn't wish to spend another minute in this place and quietly galloped away while her friends followed suit. They turned their pacing over to the working area of the boutique and maneuvered themselves through it while avoiding making any sounds. They went passed the just creepy looking mannequins with the unfinished dresses and suits hanging on them. With lights in the room, it wasn't scary looking. Though it was the darkness within that caused it crawl up from within them.

When the backdoor came in their view, they looked back in the hope the mare wouldn't be there as sweat ran down their bodies. Sweat that was caused by their fear, fear for the once so normal tailor in their town. Their eyes caught nothing but the vast emptiness of the room behind them. Three small sighs of relief were followed and Sweetie opened the door with great haste. She allowed them to escape this place and they ran right into the bright light of the afternoon sun which stood high in the skies.

The little unicorn carefully closed the door as the other two allowed themselves to bath a little in the sunlight. They embraced its warm grasp and tried to forget the very sights they had witnessed with their own eyes. But those exact sights were burned on their retina’s until the end of time.

“Shall we go?” Sweetie asked as she joined the group again and Scootaloo and Apple Bloom gave her a confirming nod. All three of them started to walk in a small trotting pace while making their way over to the treehouse where the pegasus would explain more about these, vamponies, she spoke about.

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle moved themselves through the busy afternoon streets of the normally so quiet town and felt themselves a bit more secure that way before turning into a street and landed on a small land road. The very land road that lead them to their beloved clubhouse and safe haven, the Cutie Mark Crusaders headquarters.

~~~~

Scootaloo was the first one to walk up the wooden ramps in order to enter the well-constructed tree house and she held the door open for the other two fillies who followed her up and entered it without a problem. Still living in the aftershock from all the events that happened to them, they were light on their hooves to say the least.

Sweetie placed her saddlebag in a corner of the room before she dropped herself on a pillow with a deep exhale. Apple Bloom on the other end preferred to sat down on a chair and looked over to the two other fillies. Scootaloo closed the door behind them and walked to the middle of the room. She looked at the little unicorn before her eyes moved over to the filly earth pony who opened her mouth impatiently. “Are ya going to tell us something or what?”

Scootaloo turned over to Apple Bloom and she spoke her words plain and simple. “Yes, but what I will say, is not going to be happy. I have heard rumors and myths, ghost stories parents tell their foals to scare them. They are not myths... They are a reality... And we, we have seen it with our own eyes.”

PreviousChapters Next