• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 6,063 Views, 181 Comments

Redemption of a Monster - Raven Shadow



Sombra: evil incarnate. Now has amnesia. With no idea who he is may have a chance at a normal life... until Twilight and the gang learn who he is...

  • ...
32
 181
 6,063

The Wedding (Rewrite)

( One Thousand Twenty-three years ago )

Prince Sombra stood before the massive city of Caribou, their soldiers and civilians shook in fear as Sombra swept through the battlements. His gaze locked on the tallest tower where the deer officials would hide, his hoof point right at the tower.

"We take it tonight!" Sombra's words echoed throughout the fields and city's walls. His tone spoke loudly as he watched the windows of the tower shut. "We take all this city tonight!"

His soldiers gave a cry of fury as they remembered the families taken by these savages, their hate towards the Caribou becoming clear.

"Let me make myself clear!" Sombra shouted more at the terrified Caribou inside the walls of the city. "If you give up, no harm will befall you. If you stay and fight we will show no mercy! Your king is afraid of us, he would sacrifice every last soul inside the walls just to keep us busy! He is a fool and a coward who thought too highly of himself! Let your false king know where his decision to kill every last one of his own people stands with you!"

"Sir! We have reports that a small group of Caribou will try to leave before or during the attack. What's our plan of action?"

"Surround the city. Should anything that isn't holding a white flag be slayed. King or not." Sombra answered as he strode to his tent, leaving behind a grim message for the rest of the army. The words being a final ultimatum for the enemies of the Equestrian forces.

None left the walls, nor would any survive the onslaught of Sombra's methods. Soon the city would be leveled and riddle with fire. History would be made by the victorious force saying that this was an grand battle between good and evil, the soldiers who participated would remember it as a slaughter.

(Present day)

Twilight stood up in her prep-room, today was her wedding day. Rarity would be at the alter with her beautiful dress on just waiting for Twilight and her dress, waiting in front of literally hundreds of ponies. Nerve-wracking as it was Twilight had to do this for Rarity and the rest of her friends, she wouldn't be scared for any of them.

The door opened to the wedding hall, so many ponies packed into the large room. Twilight could see her loved ones and friends closer to the alter, even her fellow princesses awaited her.

"Here comes the bride" started playing as the nervous Alicorn trotted towards the only one who mattered today: Rarity.

Twilight now stood in her spot right across from the pony who mattered most to her, the beautiful unicorn smiled at her. The unicorn's eyes held tears at the immense joy she felt as her fiance stood beside her, the joy each shared could be felt by the many who attended.

Princess Celestia came before the pair with a gentle smile gracing her features, she looked at the pair with happiness yet a pang of sadness.

"Today we are all here to witness the joining of love between Rarity Belle and Twilight Sparkle. Here they stand upon this alter with a deep love that can only be found once in a life time, each party has written their own vows."


Rarity cleared her throat before speaking up.

"Twilight, what can I say? That since day one I always figured you were going to be special, had I known it would lead to this moment I wouldn't have chased after a prince charming and just wrapped you up and taken you home. I can't believe that you are the one for me, I feel like this is a dream.... one I never wish to awake from darling." The crowd cooed at the unicorn's words, those heartfelt meanings that lay just underneath.

"Rarity, I can't believe that we are here. I can't describe how happy I am to have you by my side, nor can I begin to. But what I can say is I will never let you go. I love you Rarity, now and forevermore."


"If the ring bearer could bring the rings could to the alter." Spike strode to the alter with a little swag in his step as he was now the center of attention. He gave the rings to both Rarity and Twilight, everypony watched as they put on each other's rings and kissed.

"Congratulations to these two!" The entire hall erupted with cheers and good tidings for the happily married duo.

Yet as so many cheered one stayed in silence, Princess Celestia stood away from everypony with her thoughts keeping her company. Her memory going back to when she first met her handsome prince... such happier times.

( One Thousand Twenty-six years ago )

"Excuse me? Please sister let's not cause a scene, Discord's rule is still fresh in their minds. They need more peace to deal with it." Celestia scolded a much less mature Luna. "Besides you should act more appropriately since you are one of this land's princess."

"Fine Tia, we shall behave like a princess." Luna spoke with a defeated tone as they stepped outside to greet a mass of ponies that cheered for them.

"Greetings my little ponies, my sister and I declare this to be the first ever Grand Galloping Gala! Please enjoy yourselves." Princess Celestia declared as the grand doors opened to reveal a lavishly decorated room with many sources of entertainment for those attending.

One of the patrons stood out from the crowd, his jet-black mane tied back into a ponytail and piercing gaze gave him the spotlight in Celestia's eyes. She made her way closer to this guest who stood away from the rest of the crowd, their eyes briefly making contact as the beautiful Princess Celestia trotted closer.

"And who might you be sir?" The question was the icebreaker.

"I am Prince Sombra, your majesty. A pleasure to meet with the Solar Goddess who was one of the two that defeated that Bastard Discord." The mysterious stallion answered with a small chuckle.

"Oh you were the one that lead the ponies? Well thank you for giving my sister and I enough time to retrieve the Elements." Celestia smiled down to the smaller pony.

"Oh think nothing of it, but I must say and do forgive me if I am so bold... But heaven is weeping because I have found an angelic being before me and not in the promise of paradise." His words ended as he lifted her hoof to his lips, causing the large Alicorn to blush heavily. "I would be honored to have your presence at the feast I am hosting, as my guest of honor."

"Well that sounds delightful, I will make sure I can attend-"

"Tia! We didn't know thou would speak so plainly with our subjects, and you" Luna's hoof pointed at Sombra dangerously. "You will keep thine tounge to thine self not wooing our sister!"

"Luna he invited me to be his guest of honor at a feast he is hosting, not trying to sweep me off my hooves." Celestia replied to her more hostile inclined sister, before adding under her breath. "Though that would be fun."

"Keep thy tounge, or I will have our guards throw you into the darkest pit in the dungeons." Luna said to Sombra venomously as her vision narrowed on him.

"I was just making small talk Princess, I meant no harm." Sombra answered back.

(Present day )

Celestia couldn't help but grin as her memory brought the first encounter with Sombra before his descent into madness. Her grin soon dissolved to a soft frown as those memories came rushing forth, his sadistic grin as he fought her and Luna.

Her terror as they fought tooth and hoof for an advantage over each other. These memories surged forward to remind Celestia that her love turned into a creature bent on nothing more than rage and fear. How far he slipped to madness was still up for anypony to guess, yet even with so much anger and hatred there was something inside him.

"Princess Celestia, are you alright? I could grab a nurse for you." Twilight spoke up after watching the face of her mentor change so drastically over the course of minutes.

"Oh... I'm fine Twilight, I just was thinking about my first special somepony." Celestia sighed. "Don't let this old mare bring you down go and have fun, I'll be along shortly."

"If you say so, but you can always talk with Luna or me if anything is bothering you." Twilight smiled as she hugged Celestia.