• Published 9th Sep 2013
  • 6,006 Views, 181 Comments

Redemption of a Monster - Raven Shadow



Sombra: evil incarnate. Now has amnesia. With no idea who he is may have a chance at a normal life... until Twilight and the gang learn who he is...

  • ...
32
 181
 6,006

Not Forgotten Evil

Celestia laid still in Sombra's lap as he ran his fingers delicately through her hair. To everypony else she was asleep, but she was awake enjoying every sensation she felt running through her. If this was a dream, Celestia never wanted to wake up and face the world ever again.

Sombra leaned downwards to kiss Celestia's forehead, this was what mattered to him. If one thousand years did pass then he would never leave her side. Time was such a cruel mistress to those who knew true love.

"You can make it up to her by giving her your old kingdom?"

Sombra shook his head. Did he really just hear a voice?

"My lord? Ah your memories were wiped clean, I will help you regain them." The strangely familiar raspy voice whispered into Sombra's mind. "Remember you were once the greatest king Equestria ever had. Remember how that tiny crystal kingdom became an empire under your ever watching eyes."

Celestia opened her eyes to see Sombra lost in thought. His eyes were focused on the wall in front of the pair. Concern made itself known upon her face.

"Sombra? Sombra is everything alright?" Celestia asked, gaining every person's attention. With all eyes now locked on Sombra, a very cold breeze swept through the library with unknown origin. "Sombra? Please say something?"

No answer came.

His eyes locked in place, it seemed as though he was miles away even though he the center of attention. Every one looked into his eyes to see if there would be some kind of reaction. None. Celestia stared deeply into his eyes noting every little twinkle and spark. Sombra eyes flashed green to white earning a small gasp of shock from the solar princess. The mist slowly began to seep from his eyes and grew in intensity as it were caught in a fierce wind. Celestia was beyond terror at this point, seeing him slowly growing more enraged at something.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" Sombra bellowed causing everypony including Celestia to leap backwards in fright. "I. WILL. KILL. YOU!"

As quick as it began it was over with Sombra teleporting away to an unknown destination. His rage echoed loudly in the confined space of the library for all to hear. Even those whom where outside cried out at the gut wrenching sound of Sombra's voice. Celestia stared in disbelief at where Sombra had sat moments before, what could be inside his head to make him act in such a way. Luna only smirked as this sudden development died down.

"As I said Not to be taken lightly. Tia I would say we hunt him down for the sake of our subjects, he may harm them in this new spout of insanity." Luna spoke assuringly.

"No I will find him, you and Sombra don't mix. If there is anything that can be done I shall do it. I owe him that." Celestia spoke in a rather broken motherly tone. It was clear that she was shaken by Sombra's outburst. Taking a look back to see the mane six, Luna, and Heavenly giving her unsure looks, taking a deep breath Celestia stepped outside.

----

"My lord why must you seek my destruction? I am only trying help you!" The shade screamed inside of Sombra's head.

"You are nothing to me! I will find you." Sombra's tone promised so much suffering for his target. "You will die like the rest of your kind!"

"But my master I was the one who helped you in your time of need! Please Lord Sombra allow me to show you that!" The shade begged.

"If what you say is true then show me!"

"At once my lord." The shade groveled in Sombra's mind. With a bright flash of light Sombra was taken into his distant memory. His past self sat miserably in the muddy snow, his ribs were visible to every one to see. "This is where I unlocked your true power, you were such a mess my lord I wouldn't allow you to perish in such a way. I told you how to harness the power within yourself which you did with such haste. I was worried at first it would kill you, but as time moved on you mastered this power. I taught you how to use the powers of necromancy that would help you latter on."

"This was me? I look so frail... so weak."

"You were my lord. Because you at first would not allow yourself to have such power over life and death. But you needed to sustain yourself. That was when you ate one of the dead..."

"I ate one of the dead?!"

"With the powers I unlocked the meat was kept fresh. You are the first of your kind to evolve in such a way you can survive anything. The lunar goddess wouldn't allow it."

"Luna hates me for an odd reason. Shade answer me why she does!"

"She fears you. She fears your might that cannot be held like an animal." The scene changed to when Sombra returned to Celestia the first time. "Luna feared you so much that the moment you came back she already branded you a traitor when you did what was necessary to make it back for her sister's sake. When nothing holding you back you finally became a king worthy of all and any. The Crystal Empire was your first conquest. Before you came it was a small kingdom, and under your rule it became a symbol of your might and power! All was as it was meant to be."

"Really? Then why do I have the feeling you're not telling the whole truth?"

"Because my lord I am trying to spare you of some of your more heart breaking memories."

"Show me or I will gut your ectoplasm ass into actual gore!" Sombra could feel the shade cringe at his words knowing fully well Sombra could perform such an act.

With a new flash the scene changed to once Sombra had left Canterlot with his head hung low with shame. Luna laughed in triumph as he left. Celestia could not believe that Sombra did many of the deeds he did. Eating another for survival was a horrible but tangible idea, but dark magic? The shades were made purely out of the darkness that resided in souls, but Sombra to use it? She was utterly dumb struck.

"Sister I told you he was a vile creature that could not be trusted." Luna spoke soothingly to Celestia.

"You were right, he has fallen into the dark. But we can still save him! I can't give up hope."

"He's too far gone Tia. You saw it as much as I did. Soon he will kill an innocent and when that happens he will develop a taste for that rush! He will kill over and over again, we must put him down."

"If there is no way... then so be it."

Sombra felt everything shatter in his mind, and pains settled in his chest as his heart throbbed. "No this isn't right! You're lying! Celestia loves me as I love her! This isn't true. It can't be..." Sombra's voice broken by the soft sound of sobbing.

"Sire I was looking out for you. I should have never showed this to you, I know how much she means to you." The shade whispered.

"I hate you! I didn't need to see that! Shade I want this answer, does Celestia still love me?" Sombra's tone took on the evil and malicious intent once again.