• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 18,915 Views, 1,562 Comments

Then You Saw Her - Possiblydominator



Romance story w/ Ditzy written from the 2nd Person POV. Deals with issues of the heart and of life.

  • ...
44
 1,562
 18,915

Chapter 2: Party at Pinkie's

“HIYA! Are you new in town? My name is Pinkie Pie, I haven’t seen you before. And I should know, I know every single pony in Ponyville. And I am super-duper excited about meeting you,” she appeared to say in a single breath but proceeded to exclaim, “OHMYGOSH! I just remembered, I need to throw you a party! I throw all of the new arrivals to Ponyville a party. Parties are just SUPER! They make everyone feel so warm and happy inside. Well I better be off to go plan your party, I will send you the details later,” she exclaimed bouncing off into the distance.

“Um, thank you but how do you know where I live?” you called after her in vain.

Wingsley gives you a look of utter confusion, even though you have no idea what happened either.

___________________________________________________________________

Somehow, the next day, that pink mare was able to find your house and deliver the details for your “EXTRA-SUPER-DUPER-WELCOME-PARTY” as Pinkie stated.

“So you planned a party for me and my brother only because we're new in town?” you asked in mild disbelief.

“Well, DUH! Of course I did! I love parties, they make everyone so happy!” she said radiating happiness from every fiber of her being.

It might have been the single nicest act anyone had done for you, for it left you with a big smile plastered on your face. Pinkie saw this, knowing she had made you happy, bounded off to work on the party.

“HEY WINGSLEY! GET READY FOR THE PARTY!” you shout to your brother. You had a feeling you would like it here in Ponyville.

_______________________________________________________________________

The party itself took place at Sugarcube Corner, a brisk walk from your place of residence. The party was heavily attended by ponies you met the previous day as well as ponies you have not had the chance to become acquainted with, all of which were clearly enjoying themselves and participating in various party activities. Clearly, Pinkie’s parties are no uncommon occurrence.

Pinkie sees you enter and bounds up to you with her constant cheerful expression. “Hiya, thank goodness you arrived when you did, I didn’t think you'd ever get here,” she giggles.

“Yeah... Sorry about that, still getting accustomed to Ponyville,” you say while admiring the decorations Pinkie placed. Wingsley is getting anxious, obviously wanting to dive head first into the party. With a nod of your head, you motion for him to join the party. He happily obliges as he charges straight for the sweets that were set on the table.
Pinkie begins to ramble about the science of parties and her theories and philosophies behind them, but you barely give them any mind as you observe a cute grey mare helping herself to the muffins set on the table. You can’t help but stare as she was one of the most attractive mares you have seen in awhile, doubled with the fact that she was a pegasus, helped you feel a little less homesick. There were few pegasi around Ponyville and you happened to feel better being around your own kind.

“-and that's why you have to have 2:1 ratio of streamers to confetti,” she continued to ramble.

“Who's that mare over there by the muffins?” you ask cutting Pinkie off.

“Oh, her? That’s Ditzy Doo, she's the mailmare around Ponyville,” Pinkie explained to you. “She always comes to my parties for the muffins I set out,” she giggles, “You know, I think she's the only pony that eats those muffins. That girl sure loves her muffins...”

She notices your expression and gives you an all knowing smile, she can see right through you. “You think she is cute, don’t you?”

Somewhat taken aback by how transparent you are, you manage to stammer out, “I... well... I guess... she... uh...” Realizing that your voice has abandoned you to fend for yourself, you know that there is no lying to Pinkie. You nod solemnly.

“Well then go talk to her, silly. You aren’t going to get to know her if you keep talking to me,” she tells you, she begins to push you towards the cute mare apparently named Ditzy.

As you get pushed closer to Ditzy, your brain decided that now was the best time to remind you of all of your troubles with mares in the past. All of the pickup lines, all of the one-liners, and all of the (terrible!, horrible!, embarrassing!) stunts you performed to woo mares in the past. The recollection of these memories causes you to cringe. Step one: Don’t make an ass out of yourself. Step two: Don’t admit immediately that you think she's attractive, big turn off...
You have barely anytime to regain composure before almost colliding with Ditzy.

Ditzy notices you, greeting you, “Hi, you must be the new arrival here in Ponyville. My name is Ditzy Doo, I'm the post master here in Ponyville.” She then stands at attention like a soldier, raising her hoof in a salute, “I have a duty to the mail, to make sure it gets delivered possibly... hopefully... on time,” giving a slight giggle.

Her eyes shift from a normal position, making it seem like she is staring at two places at once. If anything, you found this quirk endearing, but decided to say nothing since that could be a touchy subject.

Your mind was completely and utterly blank on what to say next, yet you were quite shocked to find your mouth speaking without consulting the advice from your brain. You state your name and go on to say, “Well Ditzy Doo, I noticed you're a pegasus, being from Cloudsdale I'm not used to seeing so few of our kind,” you say as if the words were magically transported to you. You are astonished that you have not blurted out one of the cheesy pick-up lines that you were infamous for in Cloudsdale. Well step one: check.

Ditzy carries on the conversation, “Yeah, there aren’t many pegasi around here but there are a few around that help with the weather,” you see an idea flash in her mind, “Hey, I think they are looking for a new weatherpony, Nimbus Nine quit a few weeks ago.”

“Honestly, I don’t know where I should work, but that's the best idea I have heard so far,” you admit. “So what about you? How long have you been a mailmare?” In an effort to keep the conversation going.

“Oh let’s see... I’ve been a mailmare since I first moved to Ponyville a few years back.”

“And did Pinkie throw you a party like this when you got here?”

“Yeah,” she giggled, “This is also where I learned about my love for muffins, I make sure to come to Pinkie's parties just to grab some of her muffins. They're really unique, so unlike any other kind of muffin I know, and I know all sorts of muffins: banana, pumpkin, oatmeal, chocolate, chocolate chip, raisin, etc,” she states with a air of knowledge.

“What's your favorite kind of muffin?” You can’t believe you haven’t made a fool of yourself yet, but decide to stay quiet about that, not wanting to jinx yourself.

“Oh, that’s a toughie...” Ditzy explains, “There are so many really good muffins that I could go on-and-on about, but I don’t think you want to hear me rant...”

Truthfully, you would be content to just let her talk for hours on end, as if every single word she said had its own important meaning and importance behind it, and you were hanging on each one.

Suddenly Pinkie gets onto a table and exclaims, “Come on all you party ponies, grab a partner and get to rockin’ the dance floor!” As a more up-beat dance song starts to play, presumably by DJ PON-3.

Your cheeks start to get warm as you squeak out, “Um, Ditzy? W-would you like to dance?”

She blushes, saying, “I would love to...”

Oh Sweet Celestia, here comes the “but”.

“...but I have to get back to delivering the mail. I really did enjoy talking to you,” she states.

You sigh, it was too good to be true. How could you expect a mare like that to go for a colt like you. Well back to square one, better start looking for a job, I have to find some way to make money.

However, you are surprised as Ditzy turns around back to you giving a cute smile, “I will take a rain-check on that dance however...” She paused, giving you a wink, “I expect to see you around Ponyville, don’t think you can go your whole life without mailing another letter.” As she turned to walk off out into Ponyville.

Letting out a sigh of relief you turn back to your party. Although you barely notice what is happening around you, as the only thing on your mind is that grey mare, Ditzy Doo. The rest of the night passes as a blur. You smile as you ponder a thought. Maybe this could be the start of something....

_______________________________________________________________________