• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 18,911 Views, 1,562 Comments

Then You Saw Her - Possiblydominator



Romance story w/ Ditzy written from the 2nd Person POV. Deals with issues of the heart and of life.

  • ...
44
 1,562
 18,911

Chapter 1: New Life

This is the story of a young pegasus stallion, or more importantly, you. Take the time to imprint yourself on this character and make the character in your own image.

Moving day... The day that you leave your life time home of Cloudsdale to a small town neighboring Canterlot. You sigh; this was not your decision. If it were up to you, you never would leave your ancestral home. But now, for your little brother’s sake, you must.

As you help the movers load the last of the luggage into the carriage, you look for your little brother inside the house. You find him snuggled up inside a blanket that your mother made for him when he was still a newborn, the one thing that reminded him of her. A simple red and white blanket with her pet name for your little brother stitched in, “Little Wingsley.” You chuckle, having always entertained the thought that he looked like a candy cane, all curled up laying on the floor. Your mother passed-on when he was just starting flight school. Since then, he has attributed flying with almost certain death. Not long after her passing, your father ran off. You still keep in contact, but each time you see him you can’t help but notice the growing hollowness in his heart.

Watching over Wingsley leaves you feeling at peace, while you wish you could continue, but time is not your ally today. You doubt the movers will wait for much longer.

You nudge him from his slumber, “Hey sleepy-head, It’s time to go.”

“Hmm...” he sighs, still heavy with sleep as he begins to stretch out. “Already?”

Time indeed, to leave your entire life, your job, your friends and everything you hold dear. You quickly banish the thought. You are leaving for the sake of your brother who you love more than anything. “Yes,” you say, exhaling. “Grab your blanket; you can sleep in the carriage.”

Carrying your little brother on your back, you leave the house, and lock the door for the last time. The end of an era. Mounting the carriage, you turn your gaze back to your home, letting old memories flow back. The pegasi leading the carriage gave a snort and began to gallop before taking off from the cloud city. You watch the house until it becomes a speck in the distance...

__________________________________________________________________________

You find yourself dozing off during the ride to Ponyville, but once again sleep’s embrace has eluded you. You sigh; at least your brother doesn’t seem to have trouble with sleep. It’d probably be fair to say that he sleeps way too much. Waking a dragon would be easier than getting him up... actually, he might be part dragon- he sure snores like one! You laugh at your own little joke as you look out at the scenery and view the world beneath you. Canterlot’s shining rooftops reveal themselves ahead, alerting you to the approaching close of your journey.

You feel the shift in your stomach and realize that you are descending. A sense of excitement washes over you as you begin to imagine your new life. Whether it will be good or bad, I better start to get used to the idea.

The carriage shakes as you start to land, the turbulence wakes your little brother. He awakens groggy eyed, but surprisingly intent. You feel him start to get more excited as you begin to enter your new lives.

After what seemed like a eternity, the carriage finally stopped and you became free to move around outside. You step outside to stretch your legs and wings and embrace the fresh air. Its so... different from Cloudsdale. Where the air in Cloudsdale was thin because of the altitude, the air here... so close to nature is... you struggle to find something appropriate to describe it, eventually you settle for, “indescribable.”

You enter the town and begin to take in your surroundings. Celestia’s sun was just breaching the horizon, illuminating your approach into town. The town was quiet this early in the morning, as far as you could tell no-pony would be awake this early; that was fine with you, all you wanted to do was move your luggage into your rental that you have made the arrangements for a month ago. As far as you could tell, the room was open and waiting for you to arrive.

You make your way through the town using a map that you were given to help find your new place of residence. As you weave through the buildings you realize that you and your brother has been awfully quiet.

You turn to him, “So, what do ya' think of our new home?” you ask with interest.

“It so different from Cloudsdale... I mean ground, actual ground,” he says incredulously, as you see him hop in place as if he is testing the solidity of the earth. “I’ve never felt anything quite like it...”

You laugh, you forgot that this is his first time on the ground, he has lived in Cloudsdale his entire life and only knows his former cloud home. Upon reflection, you think that “lived” isn’t the correct term as he has never felt safe high up in the clouds. A pegasus afraid of heights, who would have thought....

“Well if my map is correct, this should be the house,” you gesture to the building directly in front of you. “Shall we?” you say with a smirk.

“YES!” Wingsley exclaimed as you approached the house. “Its amazing! We are going to have so much fun here! Just you and me, together forever!” At this point he rushes you and wraps you in the largest embrace that he can muster. “I love you so much big brother,” he says with a sigh as he continues to hug you.

You can’t help but smile at this statement, that all of this was worth it in the end; the moving, the hassle, the fresh start, this was a good place that you would be able to call home. But first you need rest, you both would explore the town later in the afternoon. At this point all you can think about was sleep.

You unlock the door to the house and walk in to the entryway, it is obvious that nopony lived here in a while. But that does not matter to you right now, you just wanted to find the bed. After a few minutes of searching you found the bedroom, excused yourself, and retired for a few hours.

______________________________________________________________________

You awaken still sleepy but rested, you pick yourself up and stretch your wings getting a satisfying pop out of them. Now is as good a time as any to explore your new home. You leave your room to search for Wingsley, you find him curled up on the couch, completely unconscious.

“Hey, rise-and-shine sleepyhead, we have a full day ahead of us, and we're already up to a late start,” it was true, you were up to a late start, as far as you could tell it was at least a couple of hours after noon.

After rousing your brother for what seemed like another half hour, you finally make it out the door. You lock the door firmly behind you and take a moment to observe your new house in warmth of Celestia’s sun. It was so inviting, you let out a small sigh and give a grin at your new home. Well so far so good, lets see where this takes us...

“Come on! We have to see the WHOLE town!” Wingsley says with an unbound excitement that is uncharacteristic of him.

“FINE...” you call to him with mock boredom, “I’m coming...”

______________________________________________________________________

After what seemed like a few hours of meeting new ponies and introducing yourselves, you realize how exhausting of an ordeal this was. Sweet Celestia, how many more ponies are there? True, they might be some of the friendliest ponies that I've ever met, but I really can’t take much more of this....

As if on cue, a bright pink pony bounds up to you with a smile so intense it leaves you unnerved....

_____________________________________________________________________