• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 2,180 Views, 49 Comments

Tale of Two Colts - The Brony Duo



When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you ponies, make friends.

  • ...
7
 49
 2,180

Chapter 7: Oliver

I walked home while idly thinking about my day with the girls, and I couldn’t help but crackle in delight. “Oh brilliant!” I shouted to myself in my native Scottish accent. “My day just keeps getting better and better.”

With my hands shoved into my jacket pocket, I fished around for my keys while approaching my house. My brother was out at college, so it was only my mother and I who occupied the house now. However, she was out at work until around eight, and my father was currently away on an important law case in Southern Europe.

Once I was inside my house, I carelessly tossed my jacket onto the coat hanger and gazed around. It was only 2:20, so I had some time to spare before I needed to grab something to eat. I went upstairs to take a shower first, though.
If there was one thing I loved about coming home from school on a Friday, it was my routine shower. Not only was it fresh and soothing, it was a chance I had to reflect on my week and examine certain situations. And right now, I had a rather large situation to examine.

I stripped speedily and jumped into the shower in mere seconds upon reaching my bathroom. As I turned the knob to the right, I was rewarded to feel scorching blasts of water pelt against my skin. I moaned in delight. While I ran my soap across my body, my mind drifted to the six girls. They were all breathtakingly beautiful, and I mean that. But they all seemed…flirty. Not that I minded! They were eighteen year old girls after all, and I’m guessing they’re not entirely used to our world – I’m assuming they’re not, of course, because of their particular actions towards Kevin and myself. Normally, people tend to alienate themselves when they’re new, but the entire group seemed friendly towards everyone. Just like in their world; everyone is nice to one another. I lathered my hair with shampoo and scrubbed it vigorously. But that still didn’t explain why the girls were still flirty. Taking a look at the fact they probably didn’t have to deal with hormones as ponies, the girls were probably unused to such feelings towards other males, and therefore unable to handle them properly. Well, it was either that or they actually liked us. I let the warm water thunder down on my head, and it temporarily deafened me as I only heard the sound of rushing water. Now that I was done with my shower, I flicked off the water and hopped out again.

Once I was properly out and dried, I changed into some tight black jeans with an orange belt, a white shirt, and a gray, button up jacket. My short, dirty blonde, hair was tousled around, so I quickly ran a comb through it. Taking another glance, I realized that I preferred my other style, so I ran a hand through it and swept it to my left. I took a final look around my house before leaving the house and locking the door behind me.

I hopped into my old Mercedes and firmly placed the key into the ignition slit. I quickly reversed out of the driveway and sped off, making quick turns through the small roads. During the duration of my drive, I idly hummed to some classic music. And by classic, I do indeed mean Bo Burnham. In a mere matter of minutes – 15 to be precise – I arrived at the main plaza where everybody would usually hang out. I parked in my usual spot and hopped out. Before I could lock my car, however, I was sent flying to the ground. Someone had run into me.

“Oh hiya, Oliver! Wow, I never thought I would run into you here! Whatcha here for? Are you going to buy some cake? I’m buying cake, because I absolutely love cake!” the girl blabbered.

“Pinkie?” I guessed as I struggled to stand up.

“Yep, that’s me! And don’t wear it out,” she joked.

“My goodness, Pinkie, you’re killing the poor man!” a high pitch voice wailed out.

“Oh no! I can’t kill him now; he has to be alive for the awesome party that I’m throwing later. You’re coming, right, Oliver?” Pinkie asked me.

I nodded, completely baffled by the girl’s tendency to just blab for incredibly long periods of time. “Yes, yes I am,” I told her calmly. Well, I had to try and act calm. In all honesty, Pinkie was my favorite pony. Beautiful, sweet, fun, and so lighthearted. She was everything I ever wanted in a girl.

“That’s great! What’s your favorite drink? I like cider, ‘cause it tastes amazing~!” she sang out.

I glanced behind Pinkie to see Rarity walking towards me. “My goodness, Oliver, are you okay? Ah, Pinkie’s gone and spoiled your outfit. Tell you what; I’ll buy you some new clothes. I was granted – erm, given a lot of money from this very high authority.”

Princess Celestia gave them money? I’m guessing they’re able to cheat the US government, which probably isn’t really that hard for them.

“Oh no, it’s fine, Rarity. I really don’t want to impose. I would like to join you two in shopping, though,” I said.

Rarity smiled in delight. “That would be wonderful! We will have such a fantastic time. I must warn you, Pinkie and I will be hitting all the boring clothing stores, and I know how much you males hate shopping there. If there’s any place you need to stop first, I would highly recommend going there first.”

“I just need to grab something in this store that I occasionally work at. I’ll meet you whatever shop you’re going to.” I explained to Rarity as I gestured in the general direction of my store.

Rarity let out a small squeal, “Idea!” She quickly snatched something out of her purse and gave it to me. Before she could give it to me, she turned it over and jotted something on the back. “That has my number on it. Just give us a call and let me know when you’re on your way.”

I shot her a smile and pocketed the card. “Will do,” I said.

The girls left to go shopping, and I walked towards my store. The specific store I was heading to was actually Gamestop. There were a couple of games that I desperately wanted to get my hands on. While I was walking, I pulled out my phone and input Rarity’s number. I was about to put it away, but curiosity got the better of me, so I flipped it over to check out the back. In neat, cursive handwriting, there were three numbers scribbled on the back. The first one read: AppleJack – followed by a number. The next one: Dash – followed by a number. And the final one: Pinkie – followed by a number. I chuckled light heartedly. It looks like Rarity is trying to set me up with one of the girls.

I pushed open the doors to Gamestop and walked inside. There were my games – Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It irritated me to no ends that I had to repurchase Wind Waker, but I had leant it to a friend and never received it back. The Legend of Zelda series was, without a doubt, my favorite video game series. I had been playing them ever since I was little, and I was now in the process of replaying all of them. Kevin would occasionally join in and help. It was fun. Well, it was fun for me. Not all teens enjoy spending their Saturday night playing Legend of Zelda, Mass Effect, and Elder Scrolls.

“Oliver?” said a voice.

Without turning around, I answered the voice. “Hey, Kev. It’s not like you to crawl out of your man-cave to socialize with the modern-world, what’s the special event?”

Kevin laughed at my joke and gave me a friendly pat on the back. “I was actually hoping to meet one of the girls here.”

“In Gamestop? Come on, Kev, think outside of the box that clouds your vision,” I joked.

Kevin shrugged. “Hey, I’m only in here because I saw you come in.”

“And I’m naturally surrounded by girls, correct?” I smiled. “I caught Rarity and Pinkie Pie just after I arrived. They should be in a clothing store by now. Rarity also gave me the numbers of AppleJack, Pinkie, and Dash. I guess you could say I’m having a good day.”

With a surprised look, Kevin said, “Really? Wow, that as incredibly quick to get all those numbers. Maybe you could invite them somewhere after the party?”

I nodded. “That’s just my plan.”

Kevin and I continued to chatter amongst ourselves as we left Gamestop and headed towards the clothing store. We met up with Rarity and Pinkie Pie and had an awesome day of buying some clothes and other accessories. It was a whole load of fun. Pinkie and I really hit it off, which is probably the best thing to ever happen to me. When we reached the food court to sit down, Pinkie and I sat alone at the table while Kevin and Rarity went off to buy some food. Pinkie and I decided to play a quick back-and-forth game to get to know each other even more.

“Favorite color?” she asked me.

“White. You?”

“Pink.”

The questions were like that. I learned a lot about her. She was always bubbly and optimistic; it really made me brighten up.

I finally arrived home and ate. I gulped down about a gallon of apple juice and had some lettuce. Not exactly my favorite meal, but I was too tired to make anything else. After eating, I crashed down on my bed. Huh, heading to sleep at around 8:00 on a Friday, I really do have no social life. My mind began to drift, and I soon feel asleep with sweet, simplistic dreams.

Author's Note: Wow, I'm really sorry this is so late, everypony. I shot an email to the author of Kevin's story, but he never uploaded it, and then he became a little lazy of writing it. Haha, oh well. So, please read and review.

Comments ( 5 )

awesome keep on going :pinkiehappy:

Good chapter. Look forward to seeing more of this story! :pinkiehappy:

Well this is enjoying, moar.

Good, good! More please. :twilightsmile:

Oliver is so popular that he got 4 numbers. 3 more would have been a complete phone number.

Login or register to comment