• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 2,180 Views, 49 Comments

Tale of Two Colts - The Brony Duo



When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you ponies, make friends.

  • ...
7
 49
 2,180

Chapter 2: Kevin

I was looking at the clock in my classroom, watching the seconds pass by. One…two…three…four. I barely recognized the incessant drone of my teacher in the background, as I was lost in my thoughts. I wonder what my friends were doing now? Surely they weren’t as bored as I was, at least, I hope not. I vaguely recognized the teacher saying something. It sounded familiar, almost like, wait a minute, was that my name? “Kevin!” the teacher exclaimed, snapping me back into reality.

“Yes, teach?” I replied with a monotone voice.

“Daydreaming, eh? Well that obviously means you’re done with this problem, right?” she said with a venomous smile. I realized that there was an open book in front of me.

Dammit. I thought to myself. “Err… uh..erm..” I stammered, hoping for some sort of godly inspiration.

I was saved by an announcement, “Kevin Chung, please report to room 256 please,” it said with monotonous regularity.

Saved by the bell. I thanked god as I quickly ran out of the classroom, hastily saying goodbye as I closed the door behind me.

I liked the quiet tranquility of the halls during class; it gave me time to think about, well, whatever my mind took me to. This time it was about, of all things, ponies. I wondered about what they would look like as humans, their personalities, their sense of fashion, everything. I, again, was forced from my thought by a familiar voice.

“Kevin, you will not believe what just happened to me!” exclaimed Oliver as he ran down the hall.

I’ve never seen him so excited before, which was a big thing, as he was always excited.

“Yes, Oliver? Oh, calm down, dude, you’re out of breath,” I said to him.

“I…just saw…six…beautiful...oh god…” he stammered, exhausted. “Just come with me,” he managed to say.

As I walked into the classroom, I saw six of the most beautiful, yet strangely familiar, girls I’ve ever seen in my life. A cute girl with pink hair, a glamorous girl with purple hair, a hyper girl with curly pink hair, a girl with, oddly enough, rainbow colored hair, a hot blonde girl, and lastly. Oh. My. God. There was the most beautiful girl of them all, complete with long violet hair with a pink stripe going down one lock. My heart skipped a beat, or two, or three, or hell, maybe I died and went to heaven, who knows what. She looked at me quizzically as I realized I was staring at her.

“Hello! Is there something you need?” she said, looking at me with an amused look on her face.

I stammered dumbly, “Oh…um…nothing, just, um, er, it’s nothing.” I gave a silent groan. Smooth, very smooth, Kevin, you have such a way with women, I thought to myself.

She gave me a small smile. “You must be Kevin,” she said to me.

“Hello, um, how do you know my name?” I asked.
“Oh, well Oliver was sent to get someone named Kevin, and since he’s back with you I assumed your name is Kevin,” she said, “I’m not wrong, am I?”

“Oh no, you’re completely right, my name is definitely Kevin, at least that’s what I remember it to be,” I chuckled awkwardly.

She chuckled and said, “Well it’s nice to meet you, Kevin.”

“Same here,” I replied curtly.

“Twi, stop hogging him for yourself and let us introduce ourselves!” said the blonde girl as she walked up to me.

Twi? Wait a minute, oh no that can’t be right. Probably just a nickname, or maybe I misheard.

Anyway, the blonde girl walked up to me and said, “Howdy, Kevin, I’m mighty sorry for my friend over there. The names Applejack by the way.”

Holy sweet mother of Celestia! It really is them! I realized why they all looked so familiar.

“Oh hey, Applejack, it’s quite all right,” I said with a smile on my face.

Upon closer inspection I noted that she was wearing a plaid shirt with long blue jeans, her long blonde hair shining under the light. Coupled with her tan and cute freckles, she was, in all other words, hot. She also smelled of delicious apples, ripe and fragrant, and my mouth watered as I smelled it. “You seem like a mighty good guy, Kevin, and it seems Twi has takin’ a likin’ to you,” she said with a wink. I felt my cheeks redden, which made her chuckle. “I hope we can be good friends, Kevin,” she said.

That’s when the pink haired girl stepped in, “Oh hey, Kevin! It’s super-duper nice to meet you! You’re new, and do you know what happens when I meet someone new?” she asked, cutting off Applejack. “I throw them a party! Oh, I know, I can throw you and Oliver a party, it’ll be the bestest party ever!” she exclaimed, giggling with delight. Upon further inspection, I noticed that she was wearing a pink t-shirt and pink shorts. She smelled like candy and other sweets, in fact, I could almost taste them. “Okie dokie lokie, Kevin, I have to start arranging right now!” she said with a broad grin.

“Move over, Pinkie, I need to formally introduce myself” said the purple haired girl, whom I knew was Rarity. “Hello, Kevin, my name is Rarity, and it is very nice to meet you,” she said. I noticed she was wearing a stylish purple fur coat and diamond earrings, with long, dark purple jeans. She was wearing perfume that smelled, well, like regality. I noticed hints of lavender and exotic fruits in the perfume. “Well, it was so nice to meet you,” she said smoothly.

“Sup, Kevin, I’m Rainbow Dash, and I’m the awesomest girl you will ever meet!” said the girl with the rainbow hair abruptly, with a smug look on her face. I noticed her attire, a leather jacket with a white undershirt and dark blue jeans. She looked like a biker. I also noticed a sharp smell as I neared her, it smelled like, ozone? It reminded me of a lightning storm. “I challenged your friend Oliver to a race, do you want in on it?” asked Rainbow Dash.
“Oh, uh, yeah sure!” I said.

“Awesome, try to keep up!” she said with an arrogant disposition. I chuckled and nodded, then turned to the girl with pink hair who was hiding behind the other five girls. Applejack nudged her and said, "Aw, c'mon sugarcube, introduce yourself. No need to be so shy."

The girl stepped forward shyly and managed to stammer out, "Oh..um..hey, Kevin, I’m Fluttershy, it’s very nice to meet you." Her attire was very modest, with a sweater and tight black jeans. She smelled like nature, not just nature, but pure nature, unpolluted and fresh.

I smiled inwardly to myself. “The pleasure is all mine,” I replied with a grin. She smiled shyly, but didn’t say anything more.

“Hello, Kevin, I’m Twilight Sparkle, I guess we weren’t introduced formally, yes?” said Twilight. She was enchantingly beautiful and pure, not like Rarity, who was gorgeous, but she was another type of beauty, a more radiating beauty. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. “Kevin, could you please stop staring at me?” she asked me. I felt my face reddening and I stammered slightly, at a loss for words. She was wearing a purple polo shirt, and dark purple jeans. It thought it fit her very nicely.

I realized she was joking with me, and I said brashly, “Well don’t blame me for staring, you’re very pretty.” I saw her blush madly, and this time, she was the one at a loss for words.

“Well anyway, I’ll um, see you soon,” she said after regaining her composure. She then went back into the classroom, along with the other five girls.

Oliver and I stood there for a while; we looked at each other and said at the same time, “You will not believe the day I just had!”