• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 1,862 Views, 24 Comments

Terror in Equestria 4: The Collapse of Evil - StormLuna



Shortly after completing her conquest, Twilight and her brother begin to travel more often leaving Colgate in charge a lot. Colgate decides that perhaps she should rule full time.

  • ...
14
 24
 1,862

The Commander's Plans

Colgate woke up the following morning in a very good mood. She realized that she would not have to do anything except cast Twilight's spells to get into the archives.

She thought to herself, "Who would have thought Twily would be so careless as to leave her book right there where I could get to it. Even better she left a bookmark to take me to the right page!"

Colgate headed downstairs to the dining hall and found her officers waiting for her. Colgate asked, "Hi guys, how is everything going?"

Lightning Wasp said, "Things are going quite well. You seem to be in a very good mood this morning."

Colgate replied, "I am, but the reason why must wait until after breakfast. It is a business issue."

Ice Storm said, "Alright, we understand. Oh, our food is here anyway, let's eat."

Colgate and her officers had a larger than normal meal that morning, which was greatly appreciated by everypony.

Biting Wind asked, "Colgate, is there any reason why we got more food than normal this morning?"

Colgate replied, "Well I just figured that since Twilight, Shining Armor, Starswirl, Spike and the two generals are gone, that there will be plenty for each of us to have more."

Black Mist said, "Well I will tell you one thing, I really wish that you were the ruler instead of Twilight."

Colgate replied, "Well we all have to deal with her.....for now."

Storm Force asked, "For now? What do you mean by that?"

Colgate replied, "You will find out during our meeting."

Colgate and her officers finished their meal and headed into the throne room, where Colgate planned on telling them about the book and her other plans.

Colgate addressed her officers, "Ok guys, first thing is first. I want to know if you approve or disapprove of the job Twilight is doing as 'Dark Goddess.' Those of you who approve, raise your hoof."

Nopony raised their hooves.

Colgate said, "Now for those of you who disapprove of her, raise your hoof."

All eight of her officers raised their hooves to disapprove of the job Twilight is doing.

Iron Chains said, "Before we took Alicorn Island she seemed to be everything she promised she would be. She was always keeping busy, she was always down at the base with the rest of us and now that she is the ruler of the world all she does is sit up here, go on trips, play with her dragon and admire the spells she has written."

Colgate replied, "That is right. I have come to the conclusion that Equestria needs a new ruler. Equestria needs somepony who has never even lived in Canterlot. Twilight was coddled as a child. She was basically raised by Celestia. She still has some Canterlot in her. I can see it in the way she acts now that everything belongs to her. Who thinks we need change?"

All of her officers shouted "aye!"

Colgate said, "Good, were all on the same page. Now I am going to tell you about something that is going to make our lives easier."

"What is that?" asked Iron Chains

Colgate replied, "I was getting ready to go to bed last night and I saw a book on Twily's nightstand. I decided to grab it. It was a book regarding information involving spells and locks. Well Twilight had a bookmark in it and I opened it to the bookmark. On the page it opened to she had two spells written down. One was the spell for opening a lock and the other was for locking it back. I am shocked that she would be so careless as to leave something like that laying around, especially since she is letting me sleep in her room."

Ice Storm shouted, "She did what? Is she becoming scatterbrained since she took power as well?"

Colgate said, "Apparently so. Do any of you know what percentage of the army supports Twilight more and which percentage supports me more?"

Lightning Wasp said, "Well within the changelings the ones who support you more has grown to 75% and is increasing by the day."

Ice Storm said, "Among the dark Alicorns the ones who support you is around 80% and is growing exponentially. My guess is that by the time Twilight returns, they will all be more loyal to you than they are her."

Colgate said, "This is great news. By the time Twilight goes on her next trip, hopefully EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER will prefer me over her. If they do, I can then cast a duplication spell on them and then Twilight will be facing a force she won't be able to overcome."

Lightning Wasp said, "Colgate, her magic is much more advanced than yours, she will be able to take our forces out easily."

Colgate replied, "Once I study for the next ten days straight, she will have nothing on me. I will OWN her. I will just bide my time until everything is right. Then her reign will be history. I better get down to the archives, I have tons and tons of studying to do. Lightning Wasp, Ice Storm, I need you to come down with me and stand guard in the event one of the soldiers still loyal to Twilight show up."

Lightning Wasp said, "You can count on us!"

Colgate replied, "Let's go. I have tons of studying to do."

They got down to the locked door that secured the archives. Colgate's horn began to glow as she recited, "The door is locked, but from me my information is blocked, a lot of learning I have to do, but with this locked I won't have a clue, now the door is open for me and infinite knowledge for me shall now be."

Colgate could hear the lock click and she pushed the door open. Colgate saw all these books in front of her and was amazed by everything Twilight had in there. She then saw the door to the Starswirl room. She walked back to it but strangely enough, Twilight did not lock it back the last time she was down here.

Colgate said, "Wow guys, talk about a stroke of luck! First Twilight leaves her book out with her spells for anypony to see and now the Starswirl room is completely unlocked! I thought it had a separate lock on it. Talk about my lucky day!"

Lightning Wasp said, "You know Colgate, I am really starting to wonder about the so called 'dark goddess.' She doesn't seem all that mean and she is being completely careless here lately. One day she will wind up being completely clueless as well."

Ice Storm said, "Yep, you got that right."

Colgate saw a box in the Starswirl room, it contained all of the spells that Twilight had written for various things. Colgate was thrilled when she saw this.

Colgate shouted, "Holy moly! Twilight left the spells she wrote in this open box! This is clearly a sign that I am the one to free the ponies of Equestria from her rule! I do want to do plenty of studying though so I will know things she won't. I am thinking a spell to shatter armor would be good."

Lightning Wasp said, "That would be good. That way we would have armor and then you could recite the shatter armor spell, fire your energy at them and then leave them completely vulnerable!"

Colgate replied, "Exactly. Twilight goes strutting around like her armor spell makes her forces invincible. Well guess what, not only am I going to cast the spells differently to make mine stronger and make your armor better, I will shatter her forces' armor and she will be so shocked she won't know what to think."

Ice Storm said, "I can see it now, the dark goddess, who thinks her spells are beyond perfect, winds up failing. Her loyalty spells are already wearing off and are doing so faster and faster every day. We need to tell our forces to continue to pretend to be loyal to her. We don't want her casting a new spell on them."

Colgate replied, "No, we can not have her doing that. That would harm our cause greatly. I am thinking, should I cast a loyalty spell on all of you. The way I plan on casting it, nopony will get hurt and the energy will be absorbed into your bodies, not throw you back. That way, it should be permanent."

Lightning Wasp asked, "How do you know that it would work that good?"

Colgate replied, "I use that type of energy, the type that is absorbed by the body, to make my patients' root canals pain free. I have yet to even hear one of my patients complaining about pain, even several months after the procedure."

Lightning Wasp said, "Wow, you know your magic! How did you learn how to write that spell for the painless root canal?"

Colgate replied, "Well Celestia needed a root canal but wouldn't get it done unless I wrote a spell for pain free root canals. I studied over a lot of dentistry books and I figured it out. A lot of ponies think Twilight was the first pony here in town to write her own magic, but she wasn't, I was. When she became and Alicorn, all she did was rewrite Starswirl's failed spell. The reason I didn't become an Alicorn was because I didn't want to have to go live in the ivory tower in Canterlot and just sit there and look pretty. I wanted to remain a dentist and Celestia said that if I chose to become a princess, I couldn't have my practice anymore."

Lightning Wasp asked, "I take it Twilight let you keep it after she transformed you."

Colgate replied, "Yeah, she did. Twilight had a different view on what it means to be an Alicorn. But as time passes, I think she starts to become more and more like Celestia."

Lightning Wasp replied, "Yeah, what a shame too. Well I guess you can take the pony out of Canterlot but you can never fully remove Canterlot from the pony."

Colgate said, "Yep, that's right. I have got to continue studying, I want to learn as much as possible. I have memorized Twilight's spells, I have written my own spell on shattering armor and I am thinking, perhaps I should try to revise Twilight's spell on making a pony larger so I can cast it on myself."

Ice Storm came in and said, "Make yourself bigger? I think that would be a good idea."

Lightning Wasp said, "Wait a minute, you are a Time Lady as well. Not while she is on this trip, but perhaps you could travel to Faustica in a time bubble and drain Galaxia and Cosmos."

Colgate said, "That is right! Her next trip will take her first to Maredrid, then to Ridead, then to Prancington and then up to Faustica, where she will be greeted by a small and weak Galaxia and Cosmos!"

Ice Storm said, "What about Luna? She is one pony I have heard that Twilight is still afraid to go up against."

Colgate replied, "I will cross that bridge when I get there. Maybe Twily will do something to piss her off on her trip out there. Seriously though, I have got to get back to studying."

Lightning Wasp said, "Ok, have fun!"

Colgate wound up skipping lunch entirely and realized that her stomach was growling loudly. "Oh my, I am so hungry. I better head up for lunch!"

Colgate realized that she better fix things exactly the way they were before, which she did. She then recited the spell to lock the door to the archives.

Colgate's horn began to glow as she recited, "Right now the door is not locked, from others the information is not blocked, the others must not be allowed to learn, for this is not theirs to earn, the door is now closed for all but me because infinite knowledge is not free."

Colgate finally went up to the dining hall a little after six. She soon realized it was time for supper, not lunch. When she arrived she was greeted by her officers, some of who were worried about her.

"Colgate?" asked Black Mist, "Are you ok? You usually show up for meals."

Colgate replied, "I was studying so hard that I missed lunch? That's odd, I usually don't miss meals for anything. Perhaps I am developing Twily's studying habits, but then again maybe not. She does it just for fun while I am doing it to crush her."

Ice Storm asked, "So how did the studying go? Have you come up with some spells that Twily doesn't know?"

Colgate replied, "Yes, I have. Those I will wait to share until we need to either use them in battle or it is important. Besides, here comes our meal and you know my rules regarding meals."

Storm Force said, "Yeah we know, no discussing anything involving business or war over meals."

After supper Colgate and her officers headed to the throne room for one more meeting before hitting the hay as Colgate likes to touch base at the end of every day.

Biting Wind asked, "Colgate, I hope you don't get mad at me for asking this, but what does your cutie mark represent?"

Colgate replied, "Besides being a dentist, I am also a Time Lady. When I was a filly I learned how to manipulate time. When Twilight heads east to Maredrid, I plan on freezing time, creating a time bubble for myself and 100 dark Alicorns and 100 changelings and heading off to Faustica to drain the royals there."

Ice Storm asked, "If time is frozen and nopony else can move, why would you need so many soldiers?"

Colgate replied, "Well here is the thing. I have to cast the time bubble spell around us before I freeze time. Inside the bubble time will continue. Then I poke the very edge of my horn out of the time bubble and cast the time freezing spell. I must leave my horn like that throughout the duration of time being frozen. Bringing it in would allow frozen time to enter the bubble and we would be stuck in place forever."

Lightning Wasp asked, "How do you undo the bubble?"

Colgate replied, "First I cast the unfreeze spell for time, then I have to cast the spell to undo the time bubble. It is pretty simple really, well for a Time Lady anyway. No way the dark goddess could do it!"

Lightning Wasp laughed, "She certainly couldn't! You've got time on your side!"

Colgate replied, "Yes I do. Now though I think the time has come to hit the hay.

Black Mist said, "Good night everypony!"

Colgate headed up to her room and decided that she needs to tap into the green eye since she knows the spell.

Colgate's horn began to glow as she recited, "The jade Alicorn will help me see all, without it I might miss a brawl, while the distances are great, I can see all the hate, wisdom is what comes along with the eye so that overthrowing me nopony will try."

Colgate was now watching the world using the eye. She faced it to the west and saw Twilight and her envoy turning their ship to the west-southwest.

Colgate was thinking to herself, "Yeah you six, enjoy your trip. Twily, you will one day learn that your carelessness will lead to your destruction!"

Author's Note:

Invisibility----"Whether it be one or a bunch of ones, nopony needs to see so that we don't have to flee, invisibility is the treat of not having to retreat."

Visibility---"The unseen shall now be seen, with their friends being present, hiding only shows resent, those who have disappeared shall now appear."

Duplication---"From one to two, two to four and so much more, when one is simple mere, more and more shall appear."

Banish to void--- "You have committed treason and that is not in season, you are a threat to me and I simply can not let that be, I can no longer be annoyed so you shall be cast into the void."

Loyalty spell---"From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

Giving drones a mind of their own---"those without a mind are in a bind, no longer shall they just be, but they will still be loyal to me, for officers they are now but they don't ask how."

Unbanish---"The one who has been banished has done their time, they are now forgiven for their crime, their time has come, now they need to contribute some, it is Equestria that they must serve or into the spiral of the void they shall curve."

Transform unicorn to Alicorn--- "The unicorn who has no wings is bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform multiple unicorns to Alicorns--- "The unicorns who have no wings are bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform Pegasus to Alicorn---"The one who can fly likes to fly free desires the powers that allow the unicorn to be, he/she wishes so much to levitate and create, rather than berate, for the winged one now has magic, without that it would be tragic."

Transform Earth Pony to Alicorn---"The pony without magic or flight is in a bind, for they feel like they have fallen behind, they work themselves to death, even to their very last breath, for now with magic and wings, great things shall be what life brings."

Increase size of pony---"The small one wishes they were tall so that they won't have to crawl, with height their future is bright and everything will be alright, for the small one is small no more, with height their happiness shall be galore."

Mature pony--"The innocent pony is unsure of who she wants to be, that may be cute but it is not what is good for me, she needs to mature if she is to be strong for without maturity she won't last for long, the naive one shall be so no more, for her maturity will carry her into lore."

Strengthen Armor---"The one without armor does not stand a chance, so it is what we must enhance, the unarmed one will likely receive death, with armor he shall continue to draw breath, without armor he will be torn to shreds like a rag but with armor victory is in the bag."

Activate Jade Alicorn---"The jade Alicorn will help me see all, without it I might miss a brawl, while the distances are great, I can see all the hate, wisdom is what comes along with the eye so that overthrowing me nopony will try."

Hurricane spell--- "The nice weather must come to an end, for without a storm the enemy will not bend, the wind shall be strong and my enemies won't last for long, a hurricane is a must so the tyrants will sink and go bust."

Fixing spell--- "The city was devastated by a storm, which is not the norm, their suffering is great yet we can not allow normalcy to be late, the city must be restored to the way it was before so they can pay taxes like they did before.

COLGATE'S SPELLS

Unlock---"The door is locked, but from me my information is blocked, a lot of learning I have to do, but with this locked I won't have a clue, now the door is open for me and infinite knowledge for me shall now be."

Lock---"Right now the door is not locked, from others the information is not blocked, the others must not be allowed to learn, for this is not theirs to earn, the door is now closed for all but me because infinite knowledge is not free."

Shatter Armor---"Our foes' armor is great, that is something I hate, with their armor they are strong, but them having armor is just plain wrong, now their armor is gone and it is time for them to say bye as they are struck by energy and die."

Return Blue sky---"The sky is purple which is ok for some, but it just makes me numb, for I miss the way it used to be, blue is beautiful to me, the normal sky shall be back and everything will return on track."

Drain pony---"The large pony is too big for me, for smaller the pony shall be, the size and knowledge will become mine, but the negative qualities is where I draw the line, for what must grow is my power, so that I may remain in the tower."

Change eye blue---"The green eye is not for me, for blue is what it shall be, the evil shall be banished as the good can not vanish, what shall return will be an eye of blue as it is the perfect hue."

Freeze time---"Tick tock, tick tock, look at the racing clock, what is short is time and being late is a crime, we must finish on top so it is time I must stop, with time froze, it is my enemies I shall bulldoze."

Unfreeze time---"Look at the clock, it is stuck in place, with this there can be no pace, everything is still but that does not fit the bill, for now the clock shall again run so everypony can have fun."

Time bubble---"A bubble is what we need, so from frozen time we can be freed, in this bubble we can move fast, while everything else is stuck in the past, it is frozen time which through we must pass so we will never be late to class."

Undo time bubble---"In the bubble time continues to run, but now the time outside runs and allows fun, the bubble must burst so we can quench our thirst, from the bubble we are now free and everything we can clearly see."