• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 1,862 Views, 24 Comments

Terror in Equestria 4: The Collapse of Evil - StormLuna



Shortly after completing her conquest, Twilight and her brother begin to travel more often leaving Colgate in charge a lot. Colgate decides that perhaps she should rule full time.

  • ...
14
 24
 1,862

Departure Day

The following morning Colgate woke up first and was waiting in the dining hall. She knew that once they were gone, that she would be able to try to get into the archives. With Col. Ice storm and Col. Lightning Wasp more loyal to her than Twilight, she figured it shouldn't be too hard to stay in the archives once she gets in there.

Twilight and Spike walked into the dining hall and asked, "Colgate, how long have you been waiting here?"

Colgate decided to lie. Even though she had been there for thirty minutes she said, "I have been here for ten minutes. I woke up early so I thought I should be here so I won't be late."

Twilight replied, "I think you are more paranoid about being late than my brother, and he is very paranoid about that."

The rest of Twilight's company arrived in the dining room to eat a good filling breakfast. After breakfast, before they left, they headed to the throne room for one more meeting.

Twilight addressed everypony, "Alright, we will be leaving at 8:30. This trip will involve a small amount of business, but it will mostly be food, relaxation and fun. So don't worry everypony, this trip is basically more of a casual visit."

Starswirl asked, "How long will this trip last?"

Twilight replied, "Well we will reach the coast this afternoon. It will take us around four days to get there. We should arrive late Thursday night or Friday morning. The festivities start on Saturday and end on Tuesday night. We will leave on Wednesday morning and return on Sunday, probably sometime in the afternoon. So we will be gone for thirteen days."

Shining Armor asked, "Colgate, think you will be up for thirteen straight days of ruling?"

Colgate was not amused with this question but held back her anger. "Of course I am." said Colgate "Why wouldn't I be?"

Shining Armor replied, "Well I know this will be a longer duration event and I just don't want you to get overwhelmed."

Colgate said, "Don't you remember I was the leader for 78 days when you guys set out to conquer the world? Thirteen days is nothing."

Twilight could tell Colgate was not happy with her brother's questions and decided to change the subject. "Spike, are you ready to be levitated all the way to the coast?"

Spike replied, "Yeah, I guess. Couldn't I just ride on your back since you are so much bigger now?"

Twilight replied, "Yeah, you can. But if you start to fall off you will be levitated the rest of the way."

Spike said, "Thanks Twilight!"

Twilight shouted, "Let's get going, it is no short trip to the coast. See you in thirteen days Colgate."

Colgate answered, "See you soon Twily!"

Twilight and her envoy headed west towards the coast. They were in luck that day as they had an easterly wind pushing them along. Twilight was thinking to herself, "Perhaps this trip to the coast won't be so bad. I just hope that the wind keeps blowing from the east once we hit the ocean."

Back in Ponyville Colgate was not a happy camper and Lightning Wasp could tell it. He asked, "Colgate, what is wrong. You seem upset."

Colgate replied, "I am upset. When Twilight went on her trip to conquer the world I wasn't able to see but a few patients and now with the way things are, I am going to have to close up shop entirely for two weeks. Sometimes I think it would be better if I were the pony in charge and not her."

Lightning Wasp said, "I agree with you there. I have heard a lot of the soldiers and other officers talking about how they think Twilight is becoming exactly what Celestia used to be, a pony who just sits there and looks pretty."

Colgate replied, "My thoughts exactly! She sits there with her fancy 'Dark Goddess' title and acts like she is the best thing in the world. I think Equestria needs new leadership, someone who has no Canterlot influence on them at all."

Lightning Wasp said, "That's right. Her and Shining Armor do have Canterlot influence on them while you don't. She doesn't think that Canterlot or the traditions of the past should influence the new monarchy. Well she still has some Canterlot influence on her."

Colgate replied, "She was coddled growing up. She was basically raised by Celestia. My family lived here in Ponyville. I EARNED my way into the dental school in Manehattan through lots of studying and I became a dentist through studying and I worked underneath a very demanding boss in Fillydelphia for years before saving up enough to have my own practice here at home. I have worked for everything I have. I never had a thing handed to me and that is why I think we should take Equestria for ourselves."

Lightning Wasp said, "Wow, you have worked hard your whole life. I am willing to do anything to help you in this cause."

Colgate replied, "Well, swearing unconditional loyalty to me is the first thing. Trust me, Twilight will go on another trip again soon. By then I should have learned everything I need to know and every single officer will get a promotion. How does General Lightning Wasp sound to you?"

Lightning Wasp said, "Wow! That would be amazing!"

Colgate replied, "Well I just need to figure out how to get into those archives. If I can do that, I can learn everything she has and then some. Once I do that, I will have the power to dethrone her and take the whole world as my own."

That afternoon Twilight and her envoy reached the coast where her ship was docked.

Twilight said, "Ok, fill up on those apples and drink plenty of water. There are fresh water lakes just on the other side of the sand dunes. We need to gather as many of these apples as possible, I do not want us running out on our trip to Faustica."

Starswirl added, "These apples provide plenty of liquids and prevent dehydration but there is nothing better than the real thing."

Dark Night replied, "Yep. You're right on that one."

After eating lunch Twilight and her envoy set sail for Faustica. They had a gentle easterly breeze, the seas were calm and the skies were clear, perfect weather for sailing.

Twilight said, "Wow, we couldn't have asked for better weather. Let's just hope it will last the whole way there."

Thunder Rage replied, "This is so calming. I hope the conditions stay like this."

Starswirl said, "Well enjoy it while it lasts. I hope it lasts the whole way there too but I wouldn't count on it."

It was supper time in Ponyville and Colgate along with all the officers had gathered for supper.

Lieutenant Iron Chains said, "Thank you Colgate for letting us all eat with you instead of just the generals."

Colgate replied, "Well every officer is important to me, if I could fit them all up here I would have the whole military up here."

Major Dark Cloud suggested, "Perhaps tomorrow night we should all have our meal at the base, then we could all eat together."

Colgate said, "That is a perfect idea Dark Cloud. Tonight though, after we eat supper we need to have a meeting in the throne room. There is one pony that I do want to go and get though. I think she should be here."

"Who is that?" asked Frigid Wind

"Applejack." replied Colgate "She wasn't thrilled about Twilight not inviting her to the meeting last night. I will be back in a few minutes. I'm going to get her."

Colgate flew over to Sweet Apple Acres and saw Applejack resting out by the barn.

"Howdy Colgate, what brings you over to these parts?" asked Applejack

Colgate replied, "I need to speak with you. My officers and I are holding a meeting in the throne room and I want you to be present."

"Really?" asked Applejack "But Twilight didn't want me around the meeting last night."

Colgate replied, "Well Twilight is gone, AGAIN, and I am the de facto pony in charge."

Applejack said, "Ahlright, let's go!"

Applejack and Colgate flew up to her balcony where they went to the throne room through her bedroom. When they got into the throne room Applejack was surprised to see that many officers there.

Colgate said, "Guys, you know who Applejack is, don't you?"

Lightning Wasp said, "Yeah, I know who she is. She is one of the ponies you brag about so much because of her hard work ethic and her performance out on the range."

Applejack replied, "Ah wouldn't go that far."

Colgate said, "Applejack, it is because you possess these qualities that I have brought you here tonight. I do want to ask you some questions though."

Applejack said, "Alright, what do you want to ask me?"

Colgate asked, "How do you think Twilight is doing as the 'Dark Goddess?'"

Applejack replied, "Y'all won't tell Twilight Ah'm saying this?"

Colgate said, "Nope. She won't hear a word of this."

Applejack replied, "Ok. Ah think she is a lousy leader. She wanted all this change, wanted to scrap the old traditions but it seems like all she does since we returned from Alicorn Island after taking everything is sit in here on her throne looking pretty. Ah see her going on all these 'casual trips' and it makes me think she is more ignorant than Celestia was. Yeah Twilight is tough and fearless, but we need somepony with not just those qualities, but somepony who will be responsible."

Colgate said, "That is my feelings exactly. Now on for the exact reason I wanted you to come up here tonight. What would you think about being second in command?"

Applejack looked stunned and said, "How am Ah going to become second in command?"

Colgate replied, "Twilight and her envoy will be gone for thirteen days. I am going to find a way into the archives. I will study non-stop. When she returns I will know everything I need to know but I won't go about turning the nation against her until her next trip. When she leaves on that trip, I will declare myself Supreme Commander and you will be Commander Applejack. I will reveal more of my plans later. What do you think?"

Applejack was smiling and she said, "I will under one condition."

Colgate replied, "Name it."

Applejack said, "I will do it if you will transform the rest of my family, along with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo into Alicorns."

Colgate replied, "I will do that. It will have to be during Twilight's next trip. If she comes back from this trip and sees all of them as Alicorns, she will know I figured out how to get in there. Is that ok?"

Applejack said, "Yes, that will be alright."

Colgate replied, "Welcome aboard team Colgate Commander Applejack!"

Applejack said, "It is getting late, is it ok if Ah head on home?"

Colgate replied, "Of course, I'm heading to bed myself. I will keep you updated on how the progress is going on getting into the archives and once I get on there, my learning of her spells."

Applejack said, "Ahlright Colgate, see you then. Goodnight."

Colgate replied, "Goodnight commander!"

Colgate headed up to Twilight's room getting ready to go to bed, thinking to herself "Soon this will be MY bedroom and this will be my bed!"

Colgate sat down on her bed and saw a book on the nightstand. She looked at the cover and it said "Information on Securing Locks." She saw a bookmark and opened the book to that page. She saw Twilight had written down two spells, one on opening a lock and one on locking the lock.

Colgate smiled and thought to herself, "JACKPOT! How could Twilight be so careless! Her carelessness will lead to my victory!"

Author's Note:

Invisibility----"Whether it be one or a bunch of ones, nopony needs to see so that we don't have to flee, invisibility is the treat of not having to retreat."

Visibility---"The unseen shall now be seen, with their friends being present, hiding only shows resent, those who have disappeared shall now appear."

Duplication---"From one to two, two to four and so much more, when one is simple mere, more and more shall appear."

Banish to void--- "You have committed treason and that is not in season, you are a threat to me and I simply can not let that be, I can no longer be annoyed so you shall be cast into the void."

Loyalty spell---"From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

Giving drones a mind of their own---"those without a mind are in a bind, no longer shall they just be, but they will still be loyal to me, for officers they are now but they don't ask how."

Unbanish---"The one who has been banished has done their time, they are now forgiven for their crime, their time has come, now they need to contribute some, it is Equestria that they must serve or into the spiral of the void they shall curve."

Transform unicorn to Alicorn--- "The unicorn who has no wings is bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform multiple unicorns to Alicorns--- "The unicorns who have no wings are bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform Pegasus to Alicorn---"The one who can fly likes to fly free desires the powers that allow the unicorn to be, he/she wishes so much to levitate and create, rather than berate, for the winged one now has magic, without that it would be tragic."

Transform Earth Pony to Alicorn---"The pony without magic or flight is in a bind, for they feel like they have fallen behind, they work themselves to death, even to their very last breath, for now with magic and wings, great things shall be what life brings."

Increase size of pony---"The small one wishes they were tall so that they won't have to crawl, with height their future is bright and everything will be alright, for the small one is small no more, with height their happiness shall be galore."

Mature pony--"The innocent pony is unsure of who she wants to be, that may be cute but it is not what is good for me, she needs to mature if she is to be strong for without maturity she won't last for long, the naive one shall be so no more, for her maturity will carry her into lore."

Strengthen Armor---"The one without armor does not stand a chance, so it is what we must enhance, the unarmed one will likely receive death, with armor he shall continue to draw breath, without armor he will be torn to shreds like a rag but with armor victory is in the bag."

Activate Jade Alicorn---"The jade Alicorn will help me see all, without it I might miss a brawl, while the distances are great, I can see all the hate, wisdom is what comes along with the eye so that overthrowing me nopony will try."

Hurricane spell--- "The nice weather must come to an end, for without a storm the enemy will not bend, the wind shall be strong and my enemies won't last for long, a hurricane is a must so the tyrants will sink and go bust."

Fixing spell--- "The city was devastated by a storm, which is not the norm, their suffering is great yet we can not allow normalcy to be late, the city must be restored to the way it was before so they can pay taxes like they did before.

COLGATE'S SPELLS

Unlock---"The door is locked, but from me my information is blocked, a lot of learning I have to do, but with this locked I won't have a clue, now the door is open for me and infinite knowledge for me shall now be."

Lock---"Right now the door is not locked, from others the information is not blocked, the others must not be allowed to learn, for this is not theirs to earn, the door is now closed for all but me because infinite knowledge is not free."