• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 1,853 Views, 24 Comments

Terror in Equestria 4: The Collapse of Evil - StormLuna



Shortly after completing her conquest, Twilight and her brother begin to travel more often leaving Colgate in charge a lot. Colgate decides that perhaps she should rule full time.

  • ...
14
 24
 1,853

Testing their Abilities

After breakfast, Colgate, the Apple Family, Lyra and the officers headed into the throne room to discuss some important things.

Colgate started, "Ok, I see we have six new Alicorns, all of who need to be taught magic. You showed you know levitation already Scootaloo but I want us to all go down into the archives. Applejack and her other friends already know almost as much as me and I want all of you to reach that level."

Scootaloo asked, "Why don't they know as much as you Colgate?"

Colgate replied, "That is an excellent question. You see the hourglass cutie mark on my flank. When I was a filly I learned how to manipulate time on my own. I was born with a very rare gift. Manipulating time is something you can't simply learn, only a pony who is a Time Lord or a Time Lady can do it. While that is my special talent, I am a dentist because since I was a filly I was fascinated with dentistry when I read a book about it."

Apple Bloom asked, "So you're a Time Lady, a dentist and a commander? You must be the most talented pony on the planet!"

Colgate replied, "Oh I wouldn't go that far. I'm sure there are other ponies out there who can do more."

Babs asked, "So what are we going to do when we all go down into the archives?"

Colgate replied, "Well we will study all the material that I have went through to learn my magic and we will read the books that Twilight used to write hers and study her spells that she has written."

Scootaloo asked, "So Colgate, after we do all this studying, how will we prove our skills?"

Colgate replied, "Well you will learn the same way that Applejack and I tested ours. We will go out to the range where you will test your levitating skills and your accuracy and power skills. We still have over two weeks to study all this and test our skills before Twilight returns home but I do want us to try to be ready as soon as we can so that we can be well rested and completely alert when she comes back. When she sees all of you as Alicorns she will not be happy and I have a feeling she will be bringing some duplicated forces with her."

Apple Bloom asked, "Duplicated forces?"

Colgate replied, "Well you will learn that spell yourself but Twilight can duplicate soldiers so that she can double, triple or even quadruple the size of her army. Chances are, she will duplicate some of the Faustica army and bring them back with her."

Granny Smith asked, "Colgate, now why would she duplicate soldiers if she isn't expecting this?"

Colgate replied, "Excellent question. Her brother has a sixth sense and he may tell her that he thinks they need to bring some with them. Now he won't know why, but he will just have that feeling and she usually listens to him. Alright everypony, let's get down to the archives. There is a lot of studying and learning that needs to be done."

Everypony headed down to the archives and Colgate cast the spell to unlock the door. Sweetie Belle was amazed with this and she asked, "Wow, I've never seen a lock that you have to cast a spell to unlock!"

Colgate replied, "There are few who have. It also requires a spell to lock it back. Now there are a couple that we won't be studying. Those are the spells to lock and unlock this and the spell regarding the jade Alicorn. I don't mean to sound like I don't trust you but those spells are pretty much just for me. I hope you understand."

Big Macintosh said, "Eeyep!"

They all stayed in the archives studying nearly non-stop for four days straight before Colgate decided that they all knew enough to get them through a battle and then some. She was hoping that they would have good levitation skills and power and accuracy.

Finally it was late night on the fourth day and Colgate yawned, "I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired. What do you say we all hit the hay. I want you here early tomorrow so we can eat breakfast and then head out to the range and you can test your skills."

Lyra said, "Yeah, that sounds good, but I have already tested my levitation and power skills and I got them to equal what yours were at the time."

Colgate replied, "That is true, but I think that all of us, even me, should check our skills to make sure that we are all ready for the battle to come."

Scootaloo asked, "Battle? Are all of us going to be taking part in it?"

Colgate replied, "I didn't plan on having any of you fillies or Granny Smith taking part in this. I made you Alicorns so none of you would ever have to be parted. Big Macintosh, will you take part in this?"

Big Mac said, "Eeyep!"

Colgate replied, "Good, we need all the soldiers out there we can get."

Apple Bloom asked, "Why don't you plan on having Granny Smith or any of us taking part in the battle?"

Colgate replied, "Well with you being fillies I don't think I should be putting you in battle and with Granny Smith I figured that with her being older, that it might be best if she doesn't take part."

Granny Smith shouted, "Who are you calling old! I'm an Alicorn now, remember? There is no such thing as old and I'm more agile than I ever have been in my whole life!"

Colgate replied, "Alright, if any of you five want to take part in the battle, then go for it. Now really, it is getting late and we all need to get our rest."

"Good night everypony" said Lyra

Colgate cast the spell to lock the door and everypony headed back up to the throne room and headed home. Colgate went to bed that night exhausted hoping that they would have good results at the range the next day.

The following morning came much too quickly for Colgate as she was still tired when she headed to the dining hall but much to her surprise, the Apple Family and Lyra along with her officers were all there waiting for her.

Colgate said, "I'm sorry everypony. I didn't mean to keep you waiting, I overslept."

Applejack said, "Don't y'all worry about it Colgate. I know you were exhausted when we left last night."

Scootaloo asked, "So when are we going to be doing these tests you want us to do?"

Colgate replied, "After breakfast, oh, here comes breakfast!"

Sweetie Belle shouted, "Yay! I'm hungry!"

Everypony had a huge breakfast as they knew they had to be at their most alert for the tests Colgate had planned for them. After breakfast they headed down to the range all ready and rarin' to test their skills.

Colgate said, "Ok, there will be two skills tests. The first test will be to levitate that large rock off to your left. You will levitate it as high as you can and hold it for as long as you can. If you hold it for three minutes, I will have you set it down as I don't want us to be out here forever. The second skills test will be to fire bolts of energy down at those targets. There are sensors on the targets that will measure the energy in your bolts. Who wants to go first?"

Granny Smith said, "I'll go first!"

Colgate replied, "Alright, give it your best shot!"

Granny Smith easily levitated the rock to a height of 100 feet and held the rock in position with no problems at all. After three minutes Colgate had her set the rock down.

Colgate asked, "Did you feel any stress holding that rock up?"

Granny Smith replied, "Are you kidding. That was like holding a feather! There was nothin' to it!"

Colgate said, "That is amazing! With you having so much life experience, I have a feeling your energy and accuracy test will go well."

Granny Smith asked, "Can I test those now as well?"

Colgate replied, "Sure, I was going to have everypony do the levitating test first but let's have each pony do both tests at once."

Granny Smith stood towards the targets and rapidly fired three bolts of energy at them, scoring direct hits on them.

Colgate flew down to the other end of the range and was ecstatic over the results.

Granny Smith asked, "So youngin', how did I do?"

Colgate replied, "Wow! You have more power than Twilight ever did! I can tell you are more than ready for this. You're the most powerful Alicorn I have ever seen!"

Granny Smith replied, "Well you never know how good you are until you push yourself."

Colgate said, "Yep. Alright, we need to get going on this. There are still plenty more of us."

Scootaloo was next. She pointed her horn at the rock and levitated it easily. She had heard rumors about what Rainbow Dash did and she wanted to see if she could do the same so she levitated the rock up to 100 feet, started flying around it and carried it with her as she broke the sound barrier. She then set it back down where it was before.

Colgate's jaw dropped open and she said, "Holy moly Scootaloo! You did the exact same thing Rainbow Dash did, well except she threw the rock down somewhere else. I am so proud of you!"

Scootaloo's eyes got huge and she said, "Really?!"

Colgate replied, "Yes, now I want you to test your power and accuracy."

Scootaloo stood towards the targets, lowered her head and fired three bolts of energy quickly, scoring direct hits. Colgate flew down to the other end of the range and found the targets were emitting a bit of smoke. She shouted, "What the hay?"

Scootaloo flew down to the other end of the range and asked, "How did I do?"

Colgate replied, "The energy you put into these was two times more powerful that Twilight's. You are going to be unstoppable!"

The other fillies did a good job on the skills test, their skills were equal to Granny Smith's and Applejack's. Next it was Lyra's turn.

Colgate said, "Alright Lyra, let's see if your skills have improved any since before you became the steward down in Neigh Zealand."

Lyra replied, "Ok, I hope I have improved!"

Lyra first levitated the rock. She had improved her height to 100 feet and was easily able to hold it up for three minutes. She then did the accuracy/power test and scored far better than she did before. She had the same amount of power as Scootaloo.

Colgate said, "Wow Lyra, you have really improved! I am so proud of you!"

Before Lyra could say anything Luna swooped in and said, "Colgate, do I not get a turn to test my skills?"

Colgate replied, "Yeah, you do. Give everything your best shot."

Luna first levitated the rock to a height of 250 feet and carried it around with her while she was flying around the base. She then set the rock down and fired at the targets, she scored direct hits and the results were off the charts. Colgate flew down to the targets and was thrilled.

Colgate said, "Luna, do you want to know how much power you put into your energy?"

Luna replied, "Well of course we do!"

Colgate said, "You put ten times more power into your bolts than what Twilight can. I have a question, is your energy more powerful as Nightmare Moon?"

Luna replied, "A lot more. If you want me to test my energy as Nightmare Moon, you better test yours first because as her those targets might get fried."

Colgate said, "Alright, but it takes energy 100 times more powerful than Twilight to fry those."

Colgate decided that she would do the skills tests. She levitated the rock up to 150 feet and held it for three minutes before setting it down. She then fired her energy at the targets and left then spewing some smoke. Colgate flew down to the other end of the range to discover that she had power equal to Luna's.

Luna asked, "So Colgate, how did you do?"

Colgate replied, "My levels were the same as yours. Now I want you to transform into Nightmare Moon and do this again, well the power part anyway."

Luna began to fly vertically and clouds began to fill the sky as she transformed into Nightmare Moon. She then flew down to the range and fired her energy at the targets, incinerating them. Colgate was shocked but thrilled at the same time.

Nightmare Moon asked, "So Colgate, how much power do you think I put into those?"

Colgate replied, "Well, I'm not exactly sure but the way those were fried, I am guessing at least 200 times the power that Twilight has. With you on our side, Twilight stands no chance."

Nightmare Moon started laughing, "Well, I am looking forward to defeating her. When we defeat her, can I banish her to the sun?"

Colgate replied, "Of course you can! You took care of Celestia so it would be fitting that you take care of Twilight as well!"

Nightmare Moon then transformed back into Luna and asked, "Colgate, What will my role be in the post-Twilight world?"

Colgate replied, "You will be the queen of Alicorn Island. There will probably be a power struggle between you and your parents, since they are loyal to Twilight but I know in the end you would win."

Luna said, "I hope so. I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat."

Colgate replied, "So am I. Come on everypony, let's go up to the dining hall and grab a bite to eat!"

Author's Note:

Invisibility----"Whether it be one or a bunch of ones, nopony needs to see so that we don't have to flee, invisibility is the treat of not having to retreat."

Visibility---"The unseen shall now be seen, with their friends being present, hiding only shows resent, those who have disappeared shall now appear."

Duplication---"From one to two, two to four and so much more, when one is simple mere, more and more shall appear."

Banish to void--- "You have committed treason and that is not in season, you are a threat to me and I simply can not let that be, I can no longer be annoyed so you shall be cast into the void."

Loyalty spell---"From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

Giving drones a mind of their own---"those without a mind are in a bind, no longer shall they just be, but they will still be loyal to me, for officers they are now but they don't ask how."

Unbanish---"The one who has been banished has done their time, they are now forgiven for their crime, their time has come, now they need to contribute some, it is Equestria that they must serve or into the spiral of the void they shall curve."

Transform unicorn to Alicorn--- "The unicorn who has no wings is bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform multiple unicorns to Alicorns--- "The unicorns who have no wings are bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform Pegasus to Alicorn---"The one who can fly likes to fly free desires the powers that allow the unicorn to be, he/she wishes so much to levitate and create, rather than berate, for the winged one now has magic, without that it would be tragic."

Transform Earth Pony to Alicorn---"The pony without magic or flight is in a bind, for they feel like they have fallen behind, they work themselves to death, even to their very last breath, for now with magic and wings, great things shall be what life brings."

Increase size of pony---"The small one wishes they were tall so that they won't have to crawl, with height their future is bright and everything will be alright, for the small one is small no more, with height their happiness shall be galore."

Mature pony--"The innocent pony is unsure of who she wants to be, that may be cute but it is not what is good for me, she needs to mature if she is to be strong for without maturity she won't last for long, the naive one shall be so no more, for her maturity will carry her into lore."

Strengthen Armor---"The one without armor does not stand a chance, so it is what we must enhance, the unarmed one will likely receive death, with armor he shall continue to draw breath, without armor he will be torn to shreds like a rag but with armor victory is in the bag."

Activate Jade Alicorn---g"The jade Alicorn will help me see all, without it I might miss a brawl, while the distances are great, I can see all the hate, wisdom is what comes along with the eye so that overthrowing me nopony will try."

Hurricane spell--- "The nice weather must come to an end, for without a storm the enemy will not bend, the wind shall be strong and my enemies won't last for long, a hurricane is a must so the tyrants will sink and go bust."

Fixing spell--- "The city was devastated by a storm, which is not the norm, their suffering is great yet we can not allow normalcy to be late, the city must be restored to the way it was before so they can pay taxes like they did before.

COLGATE'S SPELLS

Unlock---"The door is locked, but from me my information is blocked, a lot of learning I have to do, but with this locked I won't have a clue, now the door is open for me and infinite knowledge for me shall now be."

Lock---"Right now the door is not locked, from others the information is not blocked, the others must not be allowed to learn, for this is not theirs to earn, the door is now closed for all but me because infinite knowledge is not free."

Shatter Armor---"Our foes' armor is great, that is something I hate, with their armor they are strong, but them having armor is just plain wrong, now their armor is gone and it is time for them to say bye as they are struck by energy and die."

Return Blue sky---"The sky is purple which is ok for some, but it just makes me numb, for I miss the way it used to be, blue is beautiful to me, the normal sky shall be back and everything will return on track."

Drain pony---"The large pony is too big for me, for smaller the pony shall be, the size and knowledge will become mine, but the negative qualities is where I draw the line, for what must grow is my power, so that I may remain in the tower."

Change eye blue---"The green eye is not for me, for blue is what it shall be, the evil shall be banished as the good can not vanish, what shall return will be an eye of blue as it is the perfect hue."

Freeze time---"Tick tock, tick tock, look at the racing clock, what is short is time and being late is a crime, we must finish on top so it is time I must stop, with time froze, it is my enemies I shall bulldoze."

Unfreeze time---"Look at the clock, it is stuck in place, with this there can be no pace, everything is still but that does not fit the bill, for now the clock shall again run so everypony can have fun."

Time bubble---"A bubble is what we need, so from frozen time we can be freed, in this bubble we can move fast, while everything else is stuck in the past, it is frozen time which through we must pass so we will never be late to class."

Undo time bubble---"In the bubble time continues to run, but now the time outside runs and allows fun, the bubble must burst so we can quench our thirst, from the bubble we are now free and everything we can clearly see."

PINKIE'S SPELL

"The changeling's power is good, but not great, they can fire ooze but not enough to make their foes lose, for them to be great, they must fire bolts of hate, the energy shall be strong so their enemies won't last for long."