• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 3,757 Views, 177 Comments

Buck Off - TheOneBehindYou



If Discord thinks he can just waltz in and cause the Apple Family trouble, he's got another thing coming.

  • ...
7
 177
 3,757

To Know An Apple

'Alright Applejack, don't worry, you got this all under control.' sighed the orange mare as she trotted reluctantly to her destination, that being Fluttershy's cottage.

Now don't ask why she was doing this. If you tried, she'd probably just give a glare and shoot a hoof right to your skull, followed by a sudden rush of blood going to her cheeks. However that wasn't this case and she was very thankful for that.

"Hey Applejack, where you off to?"

Well, so much for that prayer.

Gazing upward, the gal soon saw sight of Rainbow Dash, her more then hot headed -but still rather close- best friend.

The cyan Pegasus did a few tricks as she swooped down to meet her earthy companion. A smile immediately enhancing her features as if what she just pulled was for the wonderbolts to see and to be quite frank, if that was what she was going for she wasted her time. Not even she was impressed but then again she didn't want to be seen out in the open either, especially by Rainbow.

So thinking about dare devil tricks were far from her mind.

Seeing that Applejack was less then talkative, Rainbow raised a brow quite curiously and spoke in a soft tone. "You ok? You seem dazed."

"Huh..?" Her face seemed to be looking in a completely different direction then Rainbow, fancy that.

Never the less, the Pegasus took the hint and shook her head, only to soon swoop herself right back in the sky.

"Well whatever, I'm late for cloud control as is, later AJ."

And like that, the visit turned shorter then the goodbye. She swore, it was like she was trying to beat a new record of her speed every day. She was a dot by the time her neck even glanced the way the rainbow flew off.

Show off.

"Darn it Rainbow, now I'm even more nervous..." She sighed as her head bowed, her hooves feeling heavier then they were mere minutes earlier. She was also pretty sure she could hear her heart thumping as well. I mean, what if she came back to spy on her and what she was doing? It was bad enough she even wanted to see the monster when she obviously should have been working.

Yet imagining his smile, caused her cheeks to falter to that deep red hue again and his chuckle alone made her spine tingle. It had to be a sin to feel that good around him of all pon- er... whatever his kind was... Draconequi? That's it.

Still, then again, she was going for a good reason right? She was going to get her hat back. The darn critter ran off with her hat before she could even shout a holler at him and mind you, she was quick on her feet when anypony messed with her orchard, let alone her prized hat.

So again, why was she so darn nervous about this visit!? All she was doing, was getting her hat back. That's it, nothing fancy, just getting her hat!

Looking up finally, she could see that Fluttershy's cottage was just up ahead, darn it all for her good memory about the place.

She gave a gulp as her brows arched in defiance for whatever would come her way through this door. Whatever happened, she was going to beat that Draconequus senseless and deman-

The sudden explosion from behind the cottage, brought more then a jump to AJ's feet as she wobbled her way out of her thoughts and into a full charge of her hooves.

"What did that monster do now...!" She mumbled as she soon stopped dead in her tracks, seeing Fluttershy's old chicken pen completely destroyed. Oh he was going to pay for that, nopony messes with AppleJack's fri-

A squeak was heard in the bushes, followed by a laugh only she knew all too well. It seems she wasn't spotted yet but she could watch in curiousity first before making any assumptions. Which she was finding hard to do.

Looking up, she soon saw Discord lower himself down with a snicker and chuckle at Fluttershy's cowering. That just irritated Applejack even further.

"Oh come now Fluttershy~ That explosion was tame compared to what I could have really done! Beside's you needed a new pen, yes?" He held his talons out, stating so.

"Y-Yes, b-but you didn't need to do th-that."

Discord gave a roll of the eyes as if a part of him wanted to reach in and kill a part of himself for even hearing those words. Like the explosion truly was nothing compared to what he really could have done, which Applejack knew all too well of.

The thought of half her apple orchard being upside down and growing poison joke all over the field just brought that much more red to her cheeks then she needed.

"Well well, if it isn't my favorite Apple~"

That sounded way too close.

And yet with a slow turn of her eyes, there meeting her was his red orbs and soon she screamed as she fell back, seeming completely vulnerable and at the abomination's mercy. Which in turn, again, just made him laugh. In fact, he was having a riot.

She swore she WAS an apple at that moment, as her face was hardly the same color as her coat anymore.

"Oh dear..." Whispered a worried Fluttershy, surprisingly being the rescuer first before AJ as she trotted up next to her fallen friend. "I hope you're alright... You weren't too close to the explosion were you?"

"Nah, she was just being nosy~" Discord trailed with a sickeningly huge smile, as if proud of her for that.

Finally, she could respond though. "No I was not!"

And with a kick of her hooves upward, she soon found herself back on her feet and glaring up at the constant smiling mix-matched creature. Leaving Fluttershy to cower at them both a bit before finding her voice again, even though it was rather meekly.

"C-Can we not fight? Please? Oh! I know! I can make you some tea. Would you like some?" She sounded desperate and rightfully so as Applejack looked ready to punch a new one unto the devious and cruel jokester.

Yet Discord turned to his small companion and snickered. "Gladly."

+++

She swore, her glare could not pierce any harder at the calm, smirking Draconequus as he sipped his tea like a gentlemen, just mocking her for being so hostile and he so, ugh, reformed.

She refused to believe he was, he never would be. He was Discord! The same creature that tore her from her friends with lies and deceit. The same abomination that caused Equestria into a state of panic and chaos! THE SAME-

"S-So um..." Fluttershy's hoof was tapping her lips as she tried to think of something to say to break this awkward tension. "H-How's the apple farm?"

The glare never faltered as she bluntly and harshly responded. "Fine."

"Oh, thats, good...?" She looked at Discord in defeat and he in response just waved his paw at her to leave, that he had it handled. However Fluttershy was not convinced and made a face at him before looking back at AJ worriedly.

Yet something seemed, off.

"Where's your hat?" Fluttershy was surprised she didn't notice it sooner.

... And then it all clicked.

With a gasp, Fluttershy placed both hooves now across her lips, as if whatever she was about to say was going to stir something she didn't want. So in this case, she decided that perhaps Discord was the only one to really resolve this, which she didn't want to do.

So she frantically searched the room for the hat but knowing Discord, he probably stuffed it somewhere she couldn't find it.

Yet that wouldn't stop her. Being the kind-hearted Pegasus she was, she stood up and with a polite "Excuse me." She trotted off to go looking for Applejack's prized possession.

However, minutes upon minutes passed and still no sign of Fluttershy. This only caused the orange earth pony to narrow her gaze.

She swore, her own glare probably could beat Fluttershy's stare at that moment.

Yet that cocky, son of a-

"So... Did you really come back for this?" His tail pulled out her hat at that instant, placing it upon his head as he spoke. "Or did you come to gaze upon my devilishly, handsome face?" He did a pose at that moment, stroking his chin and neck as if he was a model.

Yet she didn't give him the satisfaction of any response except for one word. "Hat."

To this, Discord chuckled and began twirling the hat in his talon. "I think you're lying~"

How dare he.

HOW DARE HE!

At this, the athletic mare trampled over the table and stomped up to the Draconequus, absolutely slamming her face into his with a growl. To this, the puppeteer of sorts was actually a bit surprised.

"You listen here you rat! You think you can just walk up to my orchard, mess with MY apples AND steal my hat all in the same day!? Do you think I'm stupid because I'm a farm pony!? Well you listen here, buster, I may be an earth pony but I'll buck you so hard..." Her hoof slammed into his chest. "I'll make you wish you were never born!"

Yet to her surprise, Discord soon smiled right as she spoke and once she was finished he whispered simply. "Kinky." He then licked her nose with his snake tongue after that retaliation and this caused Applejack's eyes to not only widen but her face to return to that dark red she had on earlier.

This caused a hoot for the old creature and he soon fell back laughing really hard.

Yet Applejack was like a statue, unable to move or breathe for that matter. Yet she did finally lean back shyly and allow her ears to fall as she blushed. For some reason her mind would not stop the motion and thoughts that soon protruded her mind and she hated him for that.

Discord seeing this after his laughter died off, he gave a smile and stood back up, floating near her and whispering in her ear. "You know, you're really cute when you blush~"

And that was it. That was the one sentence that threw her off and after some mumbles and gasps, she in her desperation, conked him right in the forehead with her front hoof, which this surprisingly connected to the Draconequus and he slammed into the cottage.

Yet she took no time to hesitate, Applejack dashed for her hat, placed it on and ran off to her home at Sweet Apple Acres. The blush still present all the way to home.

As this all happened under a minute, Discord was chuckling as he rubbed his head, a worried Fluttershy running in from upstairs to check on the scene, only to gasp once more at the mess in her home. It wasn't like Applejack to do this, sure she could get hot-headed but never in her life would she let her anger get to her where she'd destroy her home... Then again, it could still have been Discord's doing.

So as she trotted up to the Draconequus, with curiosity and uncertainty, Discord then snickered once more.

"That mare, she's got quite the punch."