• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 1,831 Views, 30 Comments

This Is A Bad.....minton Fiction - Brian Jacko



Princess Luna and Princess Celestia invents a new sport for the upcoming Equestrian games and they need help promoting it and showcaseing it at the Equestrian games.

  • ...
7
 30
 1,831

Princess Celestia Trolls Rainbow Dash

Each pony had finished their games except for the Wonderbolts.

Fluttershy was a master at fineness and net play. She had defeated Rarity despite her severe injury that happened earlier. Rarity was known for her grace and perfect form when playing. Rarity did have to make Fluttershy stop her screaming whenever she attempted to smash the shuttle, even though they were just soft sounding "yays." They were still too distracting for her.

Pinkie Pie had defeated Twilight Sparkle, thanks to that illegal doping and her random crazy plays. She was totally unpredictable, although for some reason she couldn't break physics. Maybe that had something to do with the necklace that she was wearing. Twilight Sparkle's best chances of doing well relied purely on intelligence and estimations.

Applejack had beaten Rainbow Dash with hard work, dedication, and pure raw power. Even though Rainbow Dash was in a demanding lead for most of the match, Applejack had caught up in score after that epic point that she won and it left a bitter taste in Rainbow Dash's mouth. Rainbow Dash became more reckless with her shots because that loss of a point was so upsetting to her. There were quite a few instances where Princess Luna caught Rainbow Dash cheating by striking the shuttle above her waist line on her serve which resulted in a penalty for Rainbow Dash, and Rainbow Dash had to forfeit her serve over to Applejack and lost out on some opportunities to score some points because of her desperation and recklessness. Rainbow Dash was known more for her speed and agility, and also her super mare smash.

Each pony reported who won to Princess Luna.

Everypony went to take a break except for Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash walked over to Celestia and said, "Princess Celestia. I finished my match and I'd really like to play with the Wonderbolts."

"Oh?" Celestia asked. "Well, I heard how much you love them. Why don't you play with Fleetfoot since she is finished with her match?

Rainbow Dash looked over at Soarin' who was still playing and said, "I'd prefer to play with Soarin', if that's ok with you."

"It's not," Celestia said.

"What!?" Rainbow cried out. "Why not?"

"Because he's still playing and I want to watch him play more against Lightning Streak after this match. I want to see the most competitive games, and competitive games will only be mares against mares, and stallions against stallions."

Rainbow was deep in thought about how she could play with her crush. "How about if we try our very first mixed doubles team? One stallion and one mare."

"That's a great idea, Rainbow, and that would be fair! I will have Soarin' and Spitfire play on the same team against Lightning Streak and Fleetfoot!"

Rainbow Dash shook her head no quickly several times. Princess Celestia wasn't getting it. "But Princess, I'm super awesome and how could you not want to watch me instead?" she asked.

"Because you're not a Wonderbolt. You act like you're the best at everything and I don't think you're very interested in this sport. The Wonderbolts are having such a great time and they are a pleasure to watch. Please leave so I can focus on the match."

Rainbow's ears lowered with great sadness. "But I like this sport too, Princess Celestia."

Celestia laughed and said, "And you were the one to call my sport twenty percent lamer than all the other sports. Why should I believe you now?"

Rainbow Dash suddenly threw herself at the hooves of Celestia. She put her two front hooves together as if she were in prayer or begging for mercy. "Princess Celestia! I am so sorry for how rude and obnoxious I was about this sport, but I am begging you to show me mercy and let me play with Soarin'."

"Just tell me why you want to play with Soarin' so badly, Rainbow Dash," Celestia said.

"Rainbow felt beads of sweat fall down the sides of her head. Could she really do it? Could she admit her true feelings for a certain stallion? Rainbow felt like it would ruin her reputation, but she was so desperate to play with Soarin'. "I-I-I....I really like him," she said.

"But don't you like all of the Wonderbolts?" Celestia asked.

Rainbow looked back at the Wonderbolts for a moment and then back to Celestia. "Yes Princess, but this is different. I...." Rainbow paused for a moment. She shut her eyes tightly and finished her sentence, "I think he's really cute." Rainbow Dash turned her head away and put her front leg over her eyes as if the Princess of the sun was going to cast brilliant rays of sunlight and judgment on her.

Celestia started giggling. "Oh, I knew that already about you, Rainbow Dash. I just wanted to beat it out of you and hear you confess it to me."

Rainbow Dash put her front hoof down and opened her eyes. "Huh? You knew all along?" she asked.

"Of course, Rainbow Dash. I still have that picture of you from the Grand Galloping Gala when you and Soarin' were dancing together and were having so much fun. I also heard rumors that you sleep with a Soarin' plushie doll every night at bed time. Is this true, Rainbow Dash?" Celestia asked as she winked one eye at Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash bit her lower lip hard. She sure as heck wasn't the element of honesty, but she also couldn't tell a lie to the Princess. "Yes.....yes. That is true. I own all of the Wonderbolts plushie dolls, but I do sleep with the special limited edition Soarin' plushie doll every night. Please don't judge me," she said.

Celestia giggled and said, "Oh, I won't judge you, but I hope your friends understand."

"Huh?" Rainbow said.

The sound of giggling could be heard.

Rainbow Dash turned around and was horrified to see that all five of her best friends were standing behind her and giggling.

"No way!" Rainbow Dash cried out. "Please tell me that you did not hear what I just confessed to Princess Celestia!"

"I reckon I can't tell a lie Rainbow, but I heard everythin' ya said, and I think everypony else did too. Ain't that right, gals?" Applejack asked.

The rest of the ponies nodded their heads yes and continued to giggle.

For the first time ever, Rainbow Dash put her front hoof to her forehead and fainted.

Rarity took out a fan and began waving it in front of Rainbow's face.

Rainbow Dash woke up and rubbed her front hoof against her forehead. She let out a nervous little laugh that they had caught her acting out a behavior that would normally be reserved for Rarity only. "So, I take it that my reputation is totally ruined now and that you all don't want to be my friends anymore?" she asked.

"Absolutely not, Rainbow!" Rarity said. "In fact, I took special notice of how your face was so full of blush while you were talking to Soarin'. I have the eye for things like this and I know a good pairing when I see one. I made this especially for you and Soarin'. Rarity took out a new shuttle and showed it to Rainbow Dash.

The shuttle was like a combination of Rainbow Dash and Soarin' inspired colors. The feathers alternated between the colors from Soarin' and Rainbow Dash's manes and tails. For one feather that was colored after Rainbow Dash, the feather next to it would be colored after Soarin'. Half of the little cork that was connected to the shuttle was the color of Soarin's coat and the other half was the color of Rainbow's coat. On Soarin's side of the cork was Rainbow Dash's cutie mark, and on Rainbow Dash's side of the cork part of the shuttle, was Soarin's cutie mark. The band around the shuttle was also half colored with the same color as Rainbow's eye color, and the other half was colored with the same color as Soarin's eyes.

"I like to call these my shipping shuttles," Rarity said. Rarity threw it up into the air and batted it with her front hoof.

The shuttle left a trail blaze of rainbow and during that trail of rainbow, were epic bolts of lighting that came out of it, representing Soarin's cutie mark.

"Wow! That is totally awesome, Rarity," Rainbow said. "But just don't tell Soarin' that I like him and please don't..."

Before Rainbow Dash could finish her sentence, Pinkie Pie took out a mega phone and yelled into it as loud as she possibly could. "Hey Soarin'! Rainbow Dash has a raging crush on you and she wants you to be her mixed doubles partner and her somepony special."

Rainbow Dash fainted again and fell back down to the floor.