• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 12,883 Views, 395 Comments

Sunset's Beauty - D0CT0RWHOOVES



After long consideration, Sunset Shimmer decides to return to Equestria to make amends. Friendships are formed and even a relationship with a certain somedragon

  • ...
40
 395
 12,883

CH.7 Apology

Sunset felt his lips and started to mentally freak out. “Oh no! This wasn’t supposed to happen! It was supposed to be on the cheek, oh please let him at least be asleep.” Without pulling back she opened her eyes to see if he was awake. What she saw mortified her. He was awake and he was staring at her in shock. Sunset immediately pulled back and began to stammer. Nothing she was attempting to say was able to be understood.

“W-What w-w-was that?!” Spike asked in pure shock.

“I-I-I-I.” Sunset stammered.

She still could not form a coherent sentence. So she did the first thing that came to mind, telelport. So she did just that and teleported out of the room. Spike just layed there in shock. He had no clue what was going on. Why had she kissed him? Spike had started hyperventilating sometime during the little event. He was starting to feel a little lightheaded. He was mentally freaked out but was doing a pretty good job at not showing it. “Where did she go anyway?”


The mane six were still playing Truth or Dare in the main room. They had decided to have Twilight go after Sunset. She was in the middle of her dare. Which was to arrange the books to be in no order at all. While this she was doing so, a bright flash lit up the room. Everypony shielded their eyes from the bright light. The light soon faded and in it’s wake was Sunset. Everypony turned to look at her. They all noticed she was on the verge of both tears and a panic attack.

“Darling, what’s wrong?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah you look like you’re going to have a panic attack.” Twilight added.

Sunset was breathing heavily and was having a very hard time getting it under control. She also seemed ready to burst out in tears at any moment.

“I-I went up s-stairs to k-k-kiss S-Spike and he w-w-woke up.” Sunset explained.

“Well did you tell him why you were up there, ah mean you didn’t get to kiss him did ya?” Applejack asked.

“I-I did k-kiss him.” Sunset replied, tears forming in her eyes.

“Oooh, well I mean it could have went worse.” Rainbow commented.

“It did, he t-turned and I k-kissed him on the lips and now he hates me!” Sunset answered finally letting the tears flow.

“So it did go worse.” Rainbow replied.

Everypony had then went to go comfort Sunset. Twilight laid down beside her and draped a wing around her.

“Hey, it’s okay. I’m sure he doesn't hate you.” Twilight said reassuringly.

“W-W-Why w-w-wouldn’t he?” Sunset asked between sobs.

“Oh this is all my fault, I feel terrible. I’m so sorry Sunny.” Pinkie apologized, her hair losing some of it’s color and curl.

“I-It’s not your fault Pinkie.” Sunset said.

After some time Sunset was beginning to calm down. She had stopped crying, but was still hugging her new friends for dear life. She finally was able to speak without stammering. Sunset decided it was time to stand up.

“Thank you for making me feel better.” Sunset said.

“Hey what are friends for?” Twilight replied.

Sunset had a warm feeling in her chest, she had friends who cared about her. It was a really good feeling.

“Hey, Sunset?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah?” Sunset replied.

“Tomorrow, I’ll tell Spike why what happened, happened.” Twilight said.

“Thank you.” Sunset replied.

Sunset let go of everypony. She felt really tired. She just wanted to go to sleep.

“Hey girls, I’m going to bed. I’m just really tired.” Sunset said.

“Goodnight.” They all responded.

Sunset began to walk up to her room. Sleep, sleep would help and make everything better. She opened her door and did not believe what, or rather who, was on her bed. She saw Spike on her bed, asleep. But she also saw that he was holding something, a piece of paper. She walked over to the bedside and levitated the paper in front of her. She began to read it.

Hey Sunset, I’m really sorry for freaking out on you. I’m sure you had some sort of reason for kissing me. I was going to apologize to you earlier but, when I went down to do so I saw you were crying. I’m really sorry.”

Sunset set the note at her bedside stand. She was very happy and relieved. He didn’t hate her. She was also very tired and decided to think about it in the morning. She climbed onto the bed and curled up next to Spike. She once again felt his arm wrap around her.
she smiled and drifted off to sleep.


She opened her eyes and saw darkness. There was nothing. She stood up to look around. When she did so there was a blinding light. She covered her face from the light, but it disappeared just as fast as it came. What she now saw was a certain Draconequus and the lunar princess.

“Discord and Princess Luna?” Sunset asked.

“Indeed.” Luna replied.

“I understand why you are here, but why Discord?” Sunset asked.

“Because I was bored and messing around in ponies heads is fun.” Discord replied with a chuckle.

Sunset took a cautionary step back.

“Oh don’t worry I won't drive you insane, yet.” Discord added.

“We are here to ask you of your progress.” Luna said.

“What do you mean?” Sunset asked.

“We mean, how art thee doing in your endeavor in making friends and proving you are sorry for your actions.” Luna replied.

“Well she is friends with the elements, or it seemed. She was at their slumber party.” Discord said.

“I can answer for myself, thank you.” Sunset snapped at Discord.

“Ooo, kitty got claws. Very well I will just go have my fun elsewhere.” Discord replied.

Discord at that, snapped his fingers and was gone.

“To answer your question princess, Twilight’s friends seem to have accepted me as their friend.” Sunset answered.

“This is good child.” Luna replied

“We shall take our leave, it seems that the day approaches quickly.” Luna said.

As soon as Luna disappeared, the dream ended. She woke up, but once again decided to just lay in bed. She could still feel Spike. This brought a smile to her face. She cracked open an eye to see. She saw Spike hugging her, still fast asleep. “You know, that’s two nights in a row. Out of the two days you have been here. Sunset you still got it.” She laughed in the inside at her joke. You know, things were going well. This might just end up being the best year of her life.

Author's Note:

Okay so I am really sorry that I left you guys waiting for a new chapter. i am also sorry this chapter really sucks. I have writers block really bad. I'm going to try to think more on the story so I might get a better chapter next time. It may be a short while before a new chapter comes out. (1 week at the absolute most, but probably before that.) So once again sorry this chapter sucks. If you find any problems with my grammar or spelling please let me know.