• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 12,865 Views, 395 Comments

Sunset's Beauty - D0CT0RWHOOVES



After long consideration, Sunset Shimmer decides to return to Equestria to make amends. Friendships are formed and even a relationship with a certain somedragon

  • ...
40
 395
 12,865

CH.4 Ice Cream

Sunset had been sleeping a dreamless but good sleep. She was awoken by the sound of the opening of a door. She didn’t open her eyes and just decided to lay there for a while. Sunset could feel an arm around her however and she was about to open her eyes when she heard a mare say “Awwwww!” As soon as she heard this she snapped her eyes open to see her and Spike cuddling on the bed. Her first thought was to move away as fast as possible. So she did just that and managed to throw herself onto the floor. After she landed on the floor she let out an audible groan. She could now hear a mare laughing her flank off and Spike waking up. Twilight soon calmed down.

“You know, that was really cute Sunset.” Twilight exclaimed.

“Thanks a ton.” Sunset replied, voice dripping with sarcasm.

Spike was soon fully awake. He saw Sunset on the floor and Twilight with a huge grin standing in the doorway.

“Umm, did I miss something?” Spike asked.

“Just you and Sunset cuddling.” Twilight said having to hold back from laughing.

At this both Sunset and Spike’s faces were as red as an apple. Twilight once again began to laugh at the two.

“Yes, very funny.” Sunset said.

Sunset decided to stand up now. Spike decided he was going to go make breakfast to avoid any more awkwardness.

“Well I’m going to go make breakfast.” Spike said as he was walking out of the door.

After he left Twilight looked back at Sunset with a big grin.

“Spike and Sunset sitting in a tree.” Twilight started.

Sunset as a response put her hoof to Twilight’s lips and then said “Oh shush.” Though all the while her face being even redder than it had been before.

Twilight swatted away Sunset’s hoof and began to giggle.

“You like him, don’t you?” Twilight asked with a childish tone in her voice.

“O-Of course not. What gives you t-that idea?” Sunset answered with a very nervous tone.

“Okay suuuure, just fix your bed then come down for breakfast.” Twilight replied leaving the room.

Sunset began to use her magic to fix the covers on the bed. “Of course I don’t like him. I mean yeah, he’s very nice and cute. Wait, did I really just think that? No, bad thoughts, go sit in the corner until I’m done.” She mentally berated herself. She tried her hardest to keep thoughts like those out of her head. She came to the conclusion it was Twilight’s fault for even mentioning such nonsense. It didn't take her more than a few minutes to finish fixing the sheets and she went downstairs. Halfway down she could smell pancakes. She decided she really wanted to eat those pancakes and hurried up. While doing so she fell down the stairs.

“Ow” Sunset exclaimed.

She got back on her hooves and walked into the kitchen to see Spike making pancakes.

“Good morning Spike.” Sunset said very cheery sounding.

“Morning.” Spike replied.

Sunset looked around the room for Twilight but she did not see her.

“Hey, where’s Twilight?” Sunset asked.

“She said something about having to go to Canterlot and being gone all day.” Spike answered.

Sunset instantly thought this was a joke from Twilight to somehow push her towards Spike. Even though she was miffed, just the thought made her blush.

“Hey, why is your face all red? Are you just feeling sick? Is it too hot in here?” Spike asked with genuine concern.

“Nope, you are though.” Sunset replied under voice and immediately put her hoof over her lips.
Where the buck did that come from?!” Sunset asked herself.

“What?” Spike asked.

“Oh nothing, just that it is hot in here, I’m going to go get fresh air, call me when breakfast is done!” She said and hurried outside.

“Weird mare, but cute.” Spike said without thinking. “Wait why did I say that?”


Sunset stepped outside for more than fresh air, to get away from Spike. “I blame Twilight for that. Smart of her playing mind games, I’ll have to get her back.” She thought to herself. She decided to walk a bit but not too far from the library as she knew breakfast would be done soon. Before she knew it a bright pink mare, who she instantly recognized as Pinkie Pie, was right in front of her. She bumped into her and fell on her flank.

“Hey watch where you're going! I mean excuse me.” Sunset said.

“Oops sorry Sunny. I just was coming over to talk to you.” Pinkie said, all the while giggling.

Sunset got back to her hooves and helped Pinkie do the same.

“What did you need to talk about?” Sunset asked.

“While I’m not sure if I forgive you yet, you’re still new in Ponyville so I have to throw you a huge ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party!” Pinkie said happily.

“Wow, thank you!” Sunset replied.

“Yup, it’s what I do! Oh, here are the invitations for you, Twilight and Spike!” The pink party pony said before handing her 3 invitations.

“Wow, thank you.” Sunset with genuine joy.

“Yup, now I have to go hand out the rest, byeeee.” Pinkie said and began to bounce away.

Odd but nice.” thought to herself. She began to walk back to the library. She got there quickly and was greeted by Spike.

“Hey Sunset, you’re just in time, I just finished.” Spike said

Spike look at the three invitations she was levitating.

“What are those?” Spike asked.

“Oh, these are invitations to a ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party from Pinkie.” Sunset answered.

“Awesome!” Spike said as he took his.

Sunset just smiled and opened her’s to see when it was. It was to held at five p.m. tomorrow. She smiled and thought maybe she would be accepted and forgiven by Twilight’s friends.

“Well come on let’s go eat!” Spike said happily running into the kitchen.

Sunset followed and took a seat. She began to stare at the mound of pancakes. Without a word she began to put a bunch on her plate, slather them in syrup and then eat. The meal was eaten in silence. In thirty minutes they had eaten the entire stack. Sunset just lied on the floor beside Spike, rubbing her stomach with a satisfied grin.

“That was the best breakfast I have ever had.” Sunset commented.

“Thanks, it means a lot.” Spike replied.

“Doesn't Twilight thank you like this every time, I don’t know how she couldn't.” Sunset asked.

“Yeah but it’s nice to hear it from someone new.” Spike answered.

Sunset just laid there for a while. She eventually got up.

“So what’s the plan for today?” Sunset asked.

“Well, I’m going to go help Rarity.” Spike answered.

“Oh, hey do you mind if I come?” Sunset asked.

“Not really but why do you want to come?” Spike asked

“Maybe if I spend time with your and Twilight's friends they will accept and forgive me.” Sunset answered.

“Okay. Let’s get going then.” Spike said.

Spike got up and began to walk to the door, Sunset just followed in silence. It was a short walk to Carousel Boutique, but an enjoyable one. Random ponies waved to Sunset and she waved back. She liked not being judged. When they got there Spike knocked on the front door.

“One moment please.” Said a voice from inside, whom Sunset recognized as Rarity.

So the two waited for a moment and soon the door opened and they were greeted by a white unicorn.

“Oh hello Spikey-Wikey.” Rarity greeted.

“Spikey-Wikey?” Sunset asked while giggling.

“Oh, and hello to you too Sunset Shimmer.” Rarity greeted with less enthusiasm.

“Hello to you too Rarity.” Sunset replied.

“Not to be rude, but what are the two of you doing here?” Rarity asked.

“I came over to help since Twilight is gone for the day and Sunset wanted to come along.” Spike answered to the mare of his dreams.

“Ah I see, well do come in Spike. Sunset, if I may speak to you for a moment?” Rarity said.

“Sure.” Sunset replied somewhat nervous.

Spike went in the shop happily. Rarity walked over to Sunset.

“Look Sunset, I know both Spike and Twilight trust you, but I don’t trust you as far as I can throw you. I hope you know this.” Rarity said sternly.

“Depends, how far can you throw me?” Sunset said laughing at her own joke.

“Funny.” Rarity said not amused.

“Sorry. Hey Rarity, I need to ask you something.” Sunset said

“And what is that?” Rarity asked

“Well, in the human world you were dating a guy named Thunderlane and I was wondering if you were too.” Sunset asked nervously.

“Well since you know, there is no sense denying it. Yes I am but I have not told anypony yet. Why do you ask?” Rarity answered.

“Oh, no reason.” Sunset replied with a saddened tone. “Spike is going to be so hurt.”

“Yes well come in, might as well get some work done.” Rarity said walking into her shop.

They both walked into the shop and decided to just sit and watch unless asked something. She wanted to think what she was going to do about Spike and Rarity. She watched Spike cater to Rarity’s every whim. She felt bad for Spike and angry at Rarity. “She’s just leading him on! Even I didn't do that!” Sunset thought to herself. She sat there for about three hours before the two of them were done.

“Thank you very much Spikey-Wikey, I doubt I would have finished without your help.” Rarity thanked.

“Aww, it was nothing.” Spike said while on cloud-nine.

Sunset said nothing as the two of them walked out of the store.

“Isn't she amazing?” Spike asked still on another world.

“She’s something.” Sunset grumbled.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” Spike asked.

“Oh, nothing.” Sunset replied.

The two walked back to the library in silence. Sunset began to think to herself. “Why do I care so much about his feelings? Not too long ago I would just laugh at him, but now I feel bad for him and slightly jealous of Rarity. Wait, what?” She stopped that train of thought where it was. They soon got back to the library.

“So what do you want to do until Twi gets back?” Spike asked.

Sunset looked at the clock and saw it was about one thirty in the afternoon. She looked around until she saw a bag of bits with a note attached. She walked up to them and began to read the note.

“Sunset, I am leaving these for you in case you need them or whatever.” It was signed by Twilight.

“Hmm, want to go get ice cream?” Sunset asked.

“Like a date?” asked Spike asked in a joking tone.

Sunset’s face turned crimson as soon as Spike said this.

“Um... well I didn't... um...” Sunset said while stammering.

“I was just joking. Didn't know you would get all flustered." Spike said.

“Yes, well let’s just go get ice cream, I saw a place on the way to Rarity’s.” Sunset said. Her face was still a dark shade of red.

The two began to walk to the place she had seen. It took about five minutes to get there. The two began to look at the menu.

"So, Spike what do you want?" Sunset asked.

“Umm, how about a vanilla cone with sapphires?” Spike requested.

“They have gems here?” Sunset asked.

“Once I started coming here, they did.” Spike answered.

“Haha, okay go pick a table and I’ll be over soon.” Sunset replied.

“Thanks for this.” Spike said.

“No problem.” Sunset replied.

Spike went and picked a table under a tree. Sunset went up to the counter to order.

“Hello miss and what would you like today?” The stallion behind the counter asked.

“I would like one vanilla cone with sapphires and one cookie dough in a cone.” Sunset replied.

“Okay, that’ll be five bits.” the stallion replied.

Sunset handed the stallion the bits and he went to go make the ice cream. He came back a few seconds later with it and he handed them to her. she thanked him and walked over to spike. She gave him his ice cream.

“Thanks again for the ice cream.” Spike said in between licks.

“No problem.” She replied.

The two began to eat their ice cream. They occasionally talked about random things. Sunset was having a really good time.

“So, Sunset can I ask you something?” Spike said finishing his ice cream.

“Sure, what do you want to ask?” Sunset replied, also finishing her’s.

“Why are you being so nice to me? I know you’re different after the dance but you didn't seem this nice. Are you just doing this so I’ll think you've changed?” Spike asked.

Sunset was taken aback by this. It kinda hurt, he didn't trust her or really believe she had changed either. It hurt, she felt betrayed . She didn't really want to be here anymore so she she got up and started walking home to be alone. After a few seconds of walking she heard Spike running after her.

“I didn't mean it! I’m really sorry Sunset. I think what everypony else is saying is getting to me.” Spike said with a tone of regret.

Sunset just turned to face him. Her eyes were tearing up. She knew he felt bad but she couldn't help it. She still felt pain from everypony hating her. Instead of a verbal response Sunset just started to hug Spike and started to cry, Just a little.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, you get a longer chapter this time. I literally had a hard time finding a place to end it so the ending is a little impromptu. As always let me know of my silly mistakes and your thoughts. Hope you like it! Oh and I want to give a shout-out to Alticron for helping me catch my mistakes every chapter so far. Thanks a ton man.