• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 12,883 Views, 395 Comments

Sunset's Beauty - D0CT0RWHOOVES



After long consideration, Sunset Shimmer decides to return to Equestria to make amends. Friendships are formed and even a relationship with a certain somedragon

  • ...
40
 395
 12,883

CH.20 Wedding

Well, Today was it, the wedding. Sunset really couldn’t believe it was actually here. It had been forever. She was both ecstatic and nervous. Today she was going to marry the love of her life, Spike. She had only known him for about a year but it didn’t matter, they meant everything to each other and today they would be wed. She couldn’t wait for it to be. She had gone out to set up everything the day before. She had a few things in odd places do to actions she predicted. Once she had woken and had breakfast, the groomsmen had gone to the library and the bride and bridesmaids went to the boutique to prepare. Sunset would then go from there to the wedding. She and Twilight had just arrived at Rarity’s.

“Come in darlings!” Rarity called in a sing song voice.

Sunset, Twilight and Fluttershy did just that. When they walked in, they saw Rarity magically holding a sheet over their dresses.

“Oooh, I’m so excited for you darling!” Rarity said giving Sunset a hug.

“Thanks Rarity. I’m really excited, but I’m also really nervous.” Sunset said, returning the gesture.

“I’m sure everything will work out just fine.” Twilight said.

“Yeah, just pre-wedding jitters is all. Fluttershy, you’ve been through this, any advice?” Sunset asked.

“Well….um...when I was nervous I would just stop and take a big breath, then I would think of all the good times Discord and I had and I wasn’t nervous anymore. If that’s okay with you.” Fluttershy said from behind her mane.

“Thanks, don’t know what I would do without you.” Sunset said.

Then she proceeded to follow her friend’s advice. It did the trick; after she opened her eyes she wasn’t nervous, just happy. She had a huge smile plastered on her face. Rarity then lifted the sheet to reveal the dresses.

“I hope you don’t mind, but I changed your dress a little.” Rarity said.

The changes made it look exactly like her first Fall Formal dress but in the form of a small horse.

“It’s gorgeous Rarity.” Sunset replied.

“Okay, we should put these on.” Twilight said.

So they did just that. They all put on their dresses. Sunset thought they all looked amazing. But she was in love with her wedding dress. But just then a thought struck her.

“Hey girls?” Sunset called.

“Yes?” replied Fluttershy.

“Well you know how the bride’s father is supposed to walk her to the altar? Well what am I supposed to do?” Sunset asked in slightly sad tone.

“Oh, um. I never thought of that. I guess just go by yourself.” Twilight said.
Sunset nodded.

“Hey, shouldn’t we get going?” Sunset said.

“Yes we should, let’s walk, we have the time.”

“Sounds nice, I like the scenery.” Sunset replied.

The group then set out at a leisurely pace. Sunset was still slightly nervous but that was to be expected. She was also so very excited. They soon arrived but Sunset stayed out of sight of Spike, she believed it was bad luck. Sunset usually wasn't superstitious but one can’t be too careful. Everypony got into their places for the wedding to begin; Sunset was at a near panic attack when the music started. “This is it.” Sunset walks out into the aisle and begins to walk. The other ponies there turned to look at the bride. Her only focus was the little dragon at the altar, her husband to be. This was it. Sunset stops at the altar in front of Celestia and opposite of Spike. She looks at him and smiles the most genuine smile she had ever given.

“Before we continue with the ceremony, there is one piece of business that needs to be taken care of. One year ago today I made a deal that if Spike and Princess Twilight Sparkle believed Sunset Shimmer had changed she could stay in Equestria. Do the two of you believe she has changed?”

“Yes, I wholeheartedly do.” Twilight said.

“I do, I really really do.” Spike said.

“Then I deem Sunset Shimmer a citizen of Equestria.” Celestia decreed.
Everypony cheered for Sunset. Sunset in turn merely blushed. She was of course happy, but what was about to happen would be millions of times better.

“Now, onto the wedding. We are here today to witness the holy matrimony of Sunset Shimmer and Prince Spike.” Celestia started.

Spike winced at the use of his title but he knew it had to be said. Sunset just gave him a loving look.

“Do you Prince Spike take Sunset Shimmer to be your lawfully wedded wife?” Celestia asked.

“I do!” Spike said with enthusiasm.

“And do you Sunset Shimmer take Prince Spike to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

“I do!” Sunset said with the same enthusiasm.

“Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Dragon and Mare, you may kiss the bride.”

Spike did just that. When their lips met they exchanged all their love for each other. The ponies
around them cheered. The pair didn’t pay attention; they just kissed for what seemed an eternity.
When they pulled apart, they began to cry a little and hugged. Then at the reception, they received much praise from their friends. Discord made it rain chocolate once and filled an empty bowl Sunset had set out just for the occasion. Discord also made a surprisingly good first toast, but it was Celestia’s that gained everypony’s attention.

“I would also like to propose a toast to Equestria’s newest Princess!” Celestia stated.
Everypony quickly whipped their heads to look at Sunset Shimmer.

“Wait what?!” Sunset said; spitting the wine she was drinking.

“You married Spike who is a prince, and just like Shining Armor is a prince by marriage you are a princess now.” Celestia said, raising her glass for the toast.

Everypony cheered for Equestria’s new princess. Sunset decided to blow off that whole idea until a later date. It didn't matter; all that mattered was that she and Spike were now married. The reception was very nice from that point on. Everypony had a great time. When they were preparing to leave to go home, Twilight told them she was going to be in Canterlot so they had the house to themselves. They blushed, but were also very happy at that. As they were about to leave Sunset remembered something.

“Oh, almost forgot.” Sunset said throwing the bouquet.

To Sunset’s surprise, Rainbow actually caught it instead of Rarity. Rainbow then gave Applejack a very distinctive look.

Sunset and Spike went home to consummate their marriage. They didn’t make it past the front door before they started making out. They then consummated their marriage many times, but this time Sunset did not cast a certain spell.

Author's Note:

Hey guys I really hope you liked the story cause i had a fun time writing it. I hope you read the squeal when it comes out and read any of my future stories. It's been a good ride. I will do a "special" for Hearths Warming Eve/day, it will be published as a one-shot stand alone that would have taken place during the Hearths Warming day in the year Sunset was in ponyville. Hope you enjoy that until then see you guys later! Also i would love to thank my editor Alticron, this story wouldn't be what it is without him.

Comments ( 52 )

1st view! I think...

A beautiful way to end it.....for now. Hooray for Spike and his bride!!!:moustache::moustache::moustache::twilightblush:

And, to commemorate when Princess Celestia has dubbed her former student as Princess Sunset Shimmer now, this is aprops for the song:

(yes, I know this is for Twilight's coronation, but hey, not only was the wedding was a wedding, but a coronation for Sunset Shimmer, so give me some slack!!!)

3609908 I shall allow this slack. And thanks a ton man. It's been really great to write this story, i loved doing it.

Story request!!!

3609945 what is thy request and i may do it because I have many ideas lined up.

You left it so open ended... i want more now.

3609985 there will be a suquel

3609953 Here the plot: When Princesses Celestia and Luna summon Spike to Canterlot, Celestia tell Spike that she's the one who raised him before giving him to Twilight making Tia his mom and Luna his aunt, but when a cult of anti-dragon haters wanted to boot Spike out of Equestria it's up to the Mane 6 and the Royal sisters to prevent that from happening

This story was awesome probably one of my favourites i give it a very good 8.8/10 :pinkiehappy:

3610034 might do it but i'm not sure i could pull it off

Bravo !!! To you!!

Clap, clap, clap, clap,clap. You are a great writer my friend. :pinkiehappy: This story was great.

A great end to a great story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was certainly an interesting story. Glad I faved it.

are you going to make a sequel of this story

3626984 That I am, the first chapter will be out sometime after Christmas.

3627709 alright I can't wait too see what happens to Sunset and Spike

3619682 So, how many ponies do you think are gonna sleep tonight with out the noise canceling spelll

3630618 well the certain spell I was talking about was not the silence spell. It was another, one that prevents something. hint hint for sequel.

What is this? :rainbowderp:

A new ship has sailed. I must read and see.

3630868 Eckk, welp, not good for me

Yay.:yay: Possible sequel. But in all seriousness, this is a fantastic story. It is well written and beautiful.:twilightsmile:

Can't wait for the sequel to this story

Loved this read! Definitely cute and kept a smile on my face. Don't like one specific pairing of an earth pony and Pegasus but that's just me.

3764823 My reasoning: This is about 2 years later, in my mind she would have mostly figured out how to act, then this fic is over the course of a year. So at the end she had 3 years to learn. In my mind that would be more than enough for someone who wants to learn, to learn. But thank you for your feedback. :scootangel:

3766595

Shockwave– Then it would've been wise to inform us of this information from the beginning. Perhaps explaining what she learned from the others in the human world would suffice. Even good people can be a bit smug and boastful, and Sunset is one who would do so even when she is good. Discord for example, though, he is now "reformed" he still acts with his chaotic and carefree nature. But Sunset feels extreme guilt for her past actions, yet we do not know the meaning behind it. Sunset's rebellion towards Celestia must be explained: did Sunset feel that Celestia was not teaching her more than what she wanted? What is it about Sunset that made her do what she did, why she acted the way she had? Sunset's backstory is a critical part of any Sunset related story, and you have failed to acknowledge her past.

That is why we do not see her as Sunset in this story, because we do not see a sequence from Sunset's old and cruel nature to her new friendly and loving nature.

Further more, what did she learn about friendship throughout this story, precisely? Because it would appear that everyone trusts and accepts her far too early in the story, and for no reasons aside then to just progress the story. If one of your major plot devises in the story was for Sunset to prove she had changed to the others, then it would've been effective if she actually spent time with the others, and got to know them so they would come to accept her.

This is Shockwave signing off.

3796719 You make very good points and I truly do appreciate the feedback. This was my first story so I really didn't and still don't really understand how to write good. I think I got lucky in this. But it's comments like yours that help me get better. thank you.

3798213

Shockwave– Lucky indeed. Though, it is good you see my criticism is more in means of help than hate. I look forward to overviewing the sequel. As... different as your story may be to what would be acceptable, I admit there is a guilty pleasure within this story.

3798289 Now, not to say your opinions are wrong but, I did wish to speak mine. I don't truly believe anything as a story is "unacceptable." Everybody has different standards and therefore a different perception of what is and is not acceptable. What you may find not acceptable, someone else may find exceptional. Not trying to say your wrong i just felt the need to speak my mind.

3798596

Shockwave– Forgive me. I merely meant that the story went far below my acceptations, not that it was unworthy of any acknowledgment.

3798635 I see, well I apologize if I offended you. It was not my intention, only to speak my mind.

3798643

Shockwave– No need to. I chose my words poorly on that sentence.

3798643

Shockwave– I must mention that I find that the challenges and conflicts in your story are short-lived, and are revolved far too easily. I'd advise for your sequel that you make sure you give a lasting conflict that will help keep reader's attention. A simple suggesting.

3798693 and a good one I hope to use

I honestly don't know what to think about this story...

The main idea is good and you certainly had some potential, but you need to learn how to present your work better imo.

I might belong to a minority, but I think that details are mandatory to make a fic lively and authentic, yet you delivered only a minimal amount of details such as atmosphere, surroundings, actions and such. Things that doesn't necessarily contribute to the plot itself but to make the characters more realistic and loveable.

Some paragraphs seem more like a schedule than a story. "They talked for half an hour. Then they went 'there'. Then they did 'this'. (Exaggerated but I hope you get my idea)

Like I said before, I like details. So if they talked for half an hour, I'd like to know about what. Or even better add pieces of that conversation. The reader can take so much from just a few lines, like the current mood or intention of the characters. While they were doing 'This' what were they thinking? What were they seeing, feeling? Although your characters had lots of potential you wasted a fair bit of that potential imo.

When I write my stories I do it like you did: Get everything important out of my head and get to the end as soon as possible. The more I tend towards details the more I might forget to add which might be important, during that phase. When I finish that raw skeleton of the story I go over it once again and flesh out the details.Alter the flow so love between characters grow slowly but steadily and as a side effect the love of the reader towards your characters will grow as well. Some professional writers spend months if not years to flesh out things and add details to their work. there are writers who exaggerate quit a bit like R.R. Martin who adds a shit ton of details, some even unnecessary yet his stories are always believable.

There are certainly many people disagreeing here, saying.. "bah skip that boring stuff and get me the action" but in my opinion details are what makes literature colorful.

You tend to simplify conversation.. there is a lot of: X said, Y stated, Z replied after any piece of speech. It might sound more elegant if you add a sentence or two with a sidenote like:
.." Pinkie replied, while absentmindedly curling her mane.
.." Rainbow said, being slightly distracted by 'something'

This way it not only sounds more elegant but also adds depth to that character.

Let me assure you that I don't want to rant and I do not typing all of this to make you feel bad. I am far from an expert writer and have several issues myself. (mostly because of the english language) Some people might disagree with my opinion and that is fine to me, too. If you want to rant about my stuff go ahead. I just thought I let you know my feelings so you might take what you need to improve.

3843502 you are the kind of person I like. Helpful but not snotty about it. I believe everything you said was true and I plan on using this to improve. thank you

3849417

Well yeah. I mean why should I be snotty or anything? Like I said I am neither an expert nor do I want to make you feel bad. I've receives some very harsh criticism before so I know how that feels. But constructive criticism, although hurtful sometimes, will improve your skills tremendously.

I am glad that I was of any help :twilightblush:

3928964 If I didn't make a joke about it I had been trying not to

good god! so many feels so little time!:twilightsmile:

Cute but fast paced, I'll drink to that! :trollestia:
Not much else I can say, nice read.:twilightsmile::heart:

4076215 umm, I do hope you realize that this fic has an element of humor and non-seriousness.

3843502
I think you totally nailed it in explaining why this fanfic was 'Good' but not 'Great'. Hopefully the sequel(s) will be better developed.

Still a good fanfic to read, with an interesting ship that is unique and cute.:heart:

4576351 I love you right now

5125513
Oh, i know. but it was a silly argument

3630868 Anti-pregnant spell. Sunset gets Preggers. Calling it now.

5770272 was stuck in full gear

Just did a review of this story Review: Sunset's Beauty well you are never online so this comment is completely pointless :twilightoops:

Login or register to comment