• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 12,864 Views, 395 Comments

Sunset's Beauty - D0CT0RWHOOVES



After long consideration, Sunset Shimmer decides to return to Equestria to make amends. Friendships are formed and even a relationship with a certain somedragon

  • ...
40
 395
 12,864

CH.2 A New Home

"It seems I will, I just want to apologize again, to the both of you." Sunset responded to both Spike and Twilight.

"I forgive you, you aren't a bad pony, you just made some wrong decisions in your life and want to fix that." Twilight responded and gave a smile

"Yeah what she said, I'm just happy I’m not a dog anymore." After saying so Spike looked at his thumbs "Oh how I missed you, opposable thumbs."

Both Twilight and Sunset gave a lighthearted chuckle to Spike's love of his thumbs.

"Careful Spike, give them too much attention and Rarity might get jealous." Twilight said in a joking tone.

"No she wouldn't, I mean I don't think she will... would she?" Spike replied nervously.

Twilight began to laugh at Spike for this. Sunset however hadn't the slightest clue as to what they were talking about. She knew a Rarity back from Canterlot High, but she didn't know anything about this. To be honest she never paid too much attention to anyone else back then, too busy with evil plotting.

"If you don't mind me asking why would Rarity be jealous?" Sunset asked the duo.

"Oh well you see Spike has cru" But Twilight was cut off by Pinkie popping out of Twilight's saddlebag and saying "Forever!"

"Oh yeah Pinkie Promise, sorry I can't say." Twilight offered Sunset instead of an answer.

Sunset just nodded as a response as she knew what a Pinkie promise was and the consequences of breaking one. She had to make a Pinkie promise to the human world's Pinkie after the dance to never be evil again. But her thought was cut short when she heard Spike start to speak up.

"You know what, you can tell her Twi, she is going to be living with us for a while, so I guess she would eventually find out, and maybe she'll even help me!" After saying so Spike began to give Sunset his puppy dog eyes. (These were perfected during his time as a dog.)

"Well you see Spike here has a crush on Rarity, I keep telling him that it will never happen but he is persistent, I'll give him that." Twilight told Sunset

Again Sunset nodded but she also remembered something from the human world. She remembered that Rarity had a boyfriend, some guy by the name of Thunderlane or something. She had never really cared, but now she thought that maybe the same thing was true on this side of the portal. She decided she would tell Twilight to see if she knows, or they can figure that out then. Sunset didn't want Spike hating her for crushing his dreams especially on her first day in Equestria.

"Hey Twilight, can I tell you something in private?" Sunset asked with nervousness in her voice.

"Sure, Spike can you pack our things so we can leave soon?" Twilight asked to Spike.

Spike just saluted and ran off to their room in the castle to pack.

"Okay, so what did you need to tell me Sunset?" Twilight asked.

Sunset shifted nervously, she didn't want to crush Spike dreams on her first day of being here but she also thought that hearing it from her or Twilight would be better than him finding out about it on his own. It would be so much easier to just not tell her and her mean nature was telling her to do just that. But that is one of the problems about being a good pony, the nicest option is not the easiest. She just sighed.

"Well you see this is about Spike, well more about his crush." Sunset started.

"Oh I see, you like him don't you?" Twilight asked with a sly grin and began to giggle afterwards.

Sunset could feel the blood rising to her face. "Well he is cute but that not what I am getting at."

"Nononono, it's not like that, what I meant is in the human world Rarity has a boyfriend and I thought that maybe she does here to, and I didn't exactly want him finding that out on his own." Sunset replied, obviously flustered.

"Hehehe, I know I'm just teasing, but no I have no clue about that, I will have to ask her sometime after we get back to Ponyville. You’re right though, I would rather tell him than figure it out on his own, it would hurt less, thanks." Twilight responded.

"My thoughts exactly." Sunset replied, finally calming down. "So where in Ponyville do you live?"

"Spike and I live in the library, it's in a tree, can't miss it." Twilight answered.

Sunset began to imagine the irony of a library in a tree. The thought made her laugh.

"So anyway how about we go help Spike pack, my friends seemed to have already left so we should hurry it up a bit." Twilight said.

"I agree." Sunset replied.

The two of them began to walk to Twilight and Spike's room. Along the way Twilight thought of a question she had been meaning to ask Sunset since they met.

"So what was it like when you were Celestia's student?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, um, well she was very kind to me and very patient even when I was having a lot of trouble understanding a spell. Kindness I took for granted, I only wanted more and more. I'm sure she told you what happened." Sunset answered with a depressed tone.

"Yeah she did, but you feel bad about now don't you? I mean isn't that why your here, because you’re sorry?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah I am, I feel horrible for abusing her trust. I feel horrible for being selfish. I am also sorry for everything I did to you and your friends." Sunset replied

After saying this she began to tear up. She remembered she had been a terrible pony. She decided to sit down for a moment to just regain her composure. This however did not go unnoticed by Twilight. Twilight walked over to Sunset and wrapped a wing around her.

"Hey it's okay, Spike and I forgive you and I’m sure everyone else will too after they get to know you." Twilight reassured Sunset.

Sunset began to regain her composure.

"Yeah, thanks. That means a lot right now." Sunset responded.

"If you ever need anything Spike and I are your friends, we will help you with anything if you need it." Twilight reassured.

"Thank you, it's nice to have friends, I wish I had known it sooner." Sunset responded.

Sunset decided to get back so they could get back their home. Well her temporary home but home none the less. They walked the rest of the way in silence. It took about two minutes to get to their room. Once they got there Twilight opened the door to see Spike resting atop their luggage. "Awww that's adorable." Twilight levitated Spike on to her back and levitate their luggage.

"Well it seems that he packed everything, I'm sure the train has left so I'm just going to teleport up all there okay?"
Sunset just nodded as a response and prepared to be teleported.

"Alright here we go." Twilight said.

In a moment the trio went from being in the Canterlot castle to in front of a giant tree.

"Well Sunset Shimmer, welcome to your new home" Twilight said with glee.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the second chapter of my story. As always if you catch an error please tell me and I will be more than happy to go back and fix it. I would like to believe I did better with finding my own mistakes on this one so hopefully you won't find many! Thank you very much for reading!