• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 12,883 Views, 395 Comments

Sunset's Beauty - D0CT0RWHOOVES



After long consideration, Sunset Shimmer decides to return to Equestria to make amends. Friendships are formed and even a relationship with a certain somedragon

  • ...
40
 395
 12,883

CH.17 Research

It was just a normal day in Ponyville. It was raining so Sunset decided to stay inside today. She would be doing something with Spike, but Rarity needed him to take measurements for his tuxedo. So Sunset decided to learn a new spell or two. Twilight had just reorganized so everything was in its place. Sunset picked a random book from the spell section of the library and began reading. She soon found a spell called mind reading. The title intrigued her so she read on. The book said with this spell she could read any other pony or creature’s mind. It said the spell should only be used for 30 minutes at a time to avoid brain damage. It also suggested using it only once a day. Below were detailed instructions on how to cast the spell discreetly. Sunset quickly memorized the spell and began to ponder. “This could be useful. But I should test it out first, but on who? Twilight? Naw, it might be considered treason to read the mind of a princess. Rarity? Naw, I don’t think that would yield much. Applejack? She tells the truth so it would be useless. Rainbow Dash? Naw, I still think she hates me so I don’t need to give her a reason. Fluttershy? I would feel horrible afterwards. Pinkie? I don’t even want to know what goes on in her head. Hmm”

At that moment Spike returned from Rarity’s.

“I’m back!” Spike yelled.

Sunset then knew who she would be using the spell on. She would ask questions he would be willing to lie about. Yes this plan was perfect. Sunset walked up to Spike after putting the book back.

“Hey Spikey.” Sunset said casting the spell.

“Hey Sunset.” Spike said giving her a quick kiss.

“Hey can we talk?” Sunset asked.

“Sure why?” Spike replied
“Oh no, what did I do?” Spike’s mind replied.

“Oh I just want to talk with my husband to be.” Sunset replied with a smile.

“Okay, about what?” Spike asked.

“Well, I wanted to ask, do you think I look fat?” Sunset asked, expecting a lie.

“No, not at all. You look wonderful.” Spike replied with a smile.
“You have put on a few pounds.” Spike’s mind replied.

Sunset was slightly hurt, regardless of knowing she had put on a bit of weight. She decided to start working out…..tomorrow.

“Aww thanks dear. So what about my personality do you like the most?” Sunset asked.

“How caring you are.” Spike replied.

Spike’s brain replied with the same answer, so it was the truth. Sunset thought it was kinda sweet.

“And about my body?” Sunset asked.

“Your eyes, there beautiful” Spike replied.
“Your flank.” Spikes mind replied.

Sunset blushed at hearing that. But in that same moment she thought of at least ten new ways to arouse and tease Spike in bed tonight. This caused Sunset to gain a cocky smirk.

“Aww you’re too sweet.” Sunset said.

“Anything for you.” Spike replied.

Spikes mind actually had nothing to say. Then Sunset thought of something she actually really wanted to know.

“Spike?” Sunset asked.

“Why did you start to like me in the first place?” Sunset asked.

“To make a long answer short, your personality.” Spike replied in a soft tone.
“Wow, there was so much about you I liked. I loved how you went out of your way to be nice to me. I thought you were really funny. You were childish and I thought it was actually really endearing. You were generous. You were helpful and just really fun to be around. I’m actually really happy I fell for you over Rarity. You are so much more than she ever was to me.” Spike mind explained in detail.

Sunset could begin to feel tears welling up. It really did mean a lot to her to hear all of that. How Spike felt about her. It was worth more than any diamond. Sunset knew that the thirty minutes were almost up, so she decided to ask something that had been on her mind from two months ago when the Cutie Mark Crusaders had come to see if Spike would come and play with them.

“Spike, I have a really serious question, and I need your honest answer.” Sunset started.

“Of course.” Spike replied.
“Unless that answer would hurt you.” Spikes brain said.

Sunset smiled sweetly, Spike really did care for her.

“Well, once we are married, I wanted to know if you wanted to have foal with me?” Sunset smiling nervously.

“Come on Spike, you have wanted to talk to her about this for a while now. Tell her!” Spike’s mind said to itself.

“Well, actually, I have wanted to talk to you about this for a while. The answer is yes, I would really love to start a family with you.” Spike said in the most loving and serious tone that was possible.

Sunset was, beyond happy. She wanted to start a family with Spike, and he felt the same. Sunset could feel tears start to flow. She grabbed Spike and hugged him lovingly. They stood there hugging for quite some time. During which Sunset turned off the spell.

“Spike?” Sunset called as they broke apart.

“Yeah?” Spike replied.

“I love you.” Sunset said.

“I love you too.” Spike replied.

“Do you want to go and read up on dragon and pony children, for future reference?” Sunset asked.

“Yeah, I would like that. But do we even have any books on that?” Spike asked.

“Nope, But the Canterlot Library in the castle does.” Sunset said.

“Well I think we missed the train so...” Spike started.

Spike was cut off by Sunset teleporting the two of them into the library. Spike was a little light headed from it but was otherwise okay. He saw Sunset already with several books. Sunset hoofed him over a few.

“Here, you look through those and me these.” Sunset said.

“Okay, sure.” Spike said opening the first book.

It was a little while before either found anything that was useful, not obvious or interesting about a pony and dragon mating.

“Wow, um I found something interesting.” Sunset said,

“What?” Spike asked looking up.

“Well, it says if a dragon does impregnate a pony that, said pony will live as long as the dragon does, and will remain at their current age. It’s something to do with dragons only ever having one mate for life that lets the pony live long enough to be the dragons mate for their life.” Sunset said in a surprised tone.

Spike’s jaw dropped and he looked over at her book to make sure she hadn’t misread. She
hadn’t, she was always going to be with him.

“So, you are...” Spike started.

“Never going to leave you, for any reason.” Sunset said in the happiest tone.

Sunset immediately kissed Spike after saying such. They were both ecstatic.

“I can’t believe it; you're going to live with me as long as I do.” Spike said.

“I know, I couldn’t be happier, now I get to spend your life with you.” Sunset said hugging Spike.

“I wonder what else there is to this?” Spike wondered aloud.

“Let’s look.” Sunset said opening the next book.

They began to look through the books for even more information. They came across many different facts about their future child. As in they would have the life of a dragon. What their typical appearance would be. While looking through books about dragons in general they found some facts about Spike’s type of dragon. How they never got much bigger than the average pony, unless they succumb to their greed. How in five hundred years he would be able to do magic. There were so many useful facts, but still a lot of holes. There had only been for other “draconies” in history. So ponies only knew so much. That night they decided to stay in the castle and tell Celestia of their findings, as she would want to know if she already didn’t. It was at dinner time they decided to tell her.


“I’m very happy you two decided to stay here for dinner, or breakfast in Luna’s case.” Celestia said with a smile.

“Well, we actually wanted to tell you about a few things we learned as well Celestia.” Sunset said while eating her chef’s salad.

“Oh, and what have you two been studying?” Celestia asked.

“Well, stuff about Spike’s species of dragon and what will happen once we start a family.” Sunset replied.

“Oh, and what have you learned?” Celestia asked.

“Well, I learned that I’m going to live as long as Spike.” Sunset replied.

Celestia choked on her salad after hearing that.

“Well, that certainly is interesting. I’m however very happy for you two. I also think this will help Twilight.” Celestia said.

“What do you mean?” Spike asked.

“Since she is an alicorn, she is immortal. I do think keeping two of her friends will help ease the pain once the others regrettably pass away.” Celestia said in a solemn tone.

“Wow, yeah. I guess you’re right. I will always have Sunset but, she is going to lose all her friends. So am I, but I think it will hurt her more.” Spike said in a sad tone.

Sunset moved closed to him and put a foreleg around him.

“Yes, well to move to a less depressing topic, what else have you learned?” Celestia asked.

Sunset and Spike went on to explain their findings to her for the next two hours. Once they were done Celestia offered to give them a room in the castle for the night, which they accepted. They headed off to their room for the night. Once they got there, Sunset pushed Spike on the bed and gave him a seductive look. She was going to use those ten new ideas to tease Spike.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys like this chapter. As always let me know your thoughts in the comments. Edited by the best editor alive Alticron!