• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 12,886 Views, 395 Comments

Sunset's Beauty - D0CT0RWHOOVES



After long consideration, Sunset Shimmer decides to return to Equestria to make amends. Friendships are formed and even a relationship with a certain somedragon

  • ...
40
 395
 12,886

CH.15 Mother

Celestia stared at Sunset Shimmer with immense disapproval. Celestia was sure the only
reason Sunset was marrying her son, Spike, was to gain power.

“I cannot let you marry Spike. You only want him to gain power in Equestria.”

Sunset stared blankly at Celestia, what she was saying wasn't true. She truly loved Spike and here Celestia was, saying otherwise.

“No! That’s not true! I love Spike!” Sunset yelled at Celestia with tears in her eyes. She turned to look at Spike to see how he was reacting. He had tears in his eyes; she thought this meant that Spike believed she loved her, until he spoke.

“I thought you loved me.” Spike said with depression in his voice.

Sunset began to openly sob, this couldn’t be happening. Spike didn’t believe her.

“No, Spike I do love you! Please believe me!” Sunset said through the tears.

“I can’t believe you; I thought that you loved me. I gave you my heart and you spat on it.” Spike said in both depression and anger.

Spike then began to walk towards the princess. Sunset fell to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably, this was too much for her.

“Leave Equestria and never return.” Celestia said in a stern, uncaring tone.

Sunset got up and began running away, crying. But she wasn’t headed to the gate; she was heading to the balcony on the top floor. She soon stood at the very edge of the balcony looking down. “I have nothing left; I have no friends, no home. Worst of all, Spike thinks I never loved him, that I was using him. The ends right there, just a few more steps.” Sunset began slowly walking towards the edge, until she began to fall.


Sunset awoke with the feeling of being shaken. She opened her eyes and soon realized she had been crying because of her nightmare. She saw Spike with a worried look, shaking her to wake. After remembering her nightmare she wanted to cry again. She grabbed Spike and held him close as she began to sob. Spike began to whisper comforting words to her to help her calm down. She took a good twenty minutes to calm down to where she could speak a coherent sentence.

“Shh, it’s alright.” Spike said in a calm, loving tone.

“T-Thanks f-f-for staying.” Sunset choked out.

“What kind of a fiancé if I didn’t care about you? Now tell me what's wrong.” Spike said in a loving tone.

“I-I h-had a r-really b-bad d-d-dream.” Sunset said still holding Spike close.

Spike started to hold her tighter; he knew how bad dreams could be.

“Do you think talking about it might help?” Spike asked.

“M-Maybe.” Sunset replied.

“What happened?” Spike asked.

“W-Well, we told C-Celestia about us getting married, and she didn’t think I-I loved you. You
s-started to believe it as well a-and then she banished me from E-Equestria. T-Then I couldn’t take it anymore s-so I went up to the highest balcony and…” Sunset said but burst in to another crying fit.

“I’m sorry.” Spike said sincerely.

“I-It’s n-not your f-f-fault. I-In fact y-you helped by staying.” Sunset said looking into his eyes.

“I love you Sunset, never forget that.” Spike said.

Sunset, without thinking about it at all, leapt onto Spike and began passionately making out with him. She continued to do so for a while, melting into his embrace. Much to her chagrin they
broke apart.

“What did I do to deserve that?” Spike asked.

“Being the best boyfriend I could ask for. I must have been a great person in some other life to deserve you.” Sunset said.

“No, you deserve me no matter what.” Spike said booping her nose.

Sunset giggled at this and struggled up to him. They lay there for a while, until Twilight knocked on the door and trotted in.

“Hey you two…… Am I interrupting something?” Twilight asked.

“No, not really.” Sunset replied looking towards Twilight.

“Well, I just wanted to let you know that I’m going to be in Canterlot all day.” Twilight said.

“Wait, actually, could we come with you?” Sunset said.

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“Spike and I have some news for Celestia.” Sunset said in a solemn tone.

“Oh, okay. Yeah, I’m leaving now so just get anything you want and we’ll head off.” Twilight said and walked downstairs.

The couple got up and out of the bed. Sunset glanced at the clock to see the time. It was currently twelve in the afternoon. She looked to Spike who was grabbing a few gems from his ‘secret stash.’ Sunset put on a winter jacket Rarity made her and put a scarf she had made for Spike on Spike.

“Well, I’m good to go; you got all the gems you want?” Sunset said in a smug tone.

Spike blushed and put the gems behind his back.

“What gems?” He asked sheepishly.

Sunset just rolled her eyes as a response. She then levitated Spike onto her back and began to walk downstairs to meet Twilight.


“Ready to go?” Twilight asked.

“Yep.” The couple said in unison.

“So, are we taking the train?” Sunset asked.

“Nope, Celestia is sending a chariot.” Twilight replied.

“Okay.” Sunset replied.

The trio walked out of the library and saw a chariot coming towards them. It landed right in front of them. Twilight gestured them in. The ride was taken in silence between the trio. Sunset and Spike were both nervous about telling Celestia. Sunset prayed that it didn’t turn out like the dream had. Her eyes began to tear up just thinking about it. Spike took notice and hugged her leg. Sunset looked down and smiled at the dragon. The rest of the ride seemed to just blend together and they soon arrived at the palace. Twilight said goodbye to the two, as she was heading to see Luna, not Celestia. Sunset and Spike began walking the halls until they found the throne room where Celestia was sitting. She noticed the two and smiled. Celestia gestured to two to come over. They walked very nervously.

“Hello Spike and Sunset Shimmer, what brings you two here today?” Celestia asked in a friendly tone.

“W-Well there is something we want to tell you.” Sunset replied.

“Oh, and what is this?” Celestia asked arching her brow.

This is it, no going back. Unless I… no I have to do this, no matter how much I don’t want to.” Sunset thought.

“Well, we wanted to say that….. We are getting married.” Sunset replied.

Celestia looked taken aback at the news. Sunset and Spike stood nervously. Celestia’s face then twisted into what looked to be anger.

“I see, you never came here for forgiveness. You just want power.” Celestia growled.

“No! No, I did come here for forgiveness; I love Spike I really do!” Sunset yelled just holding back sobs.

“No, you just want to marry into power.” Celestia said with a scowl.
Sunset looked to Spike; he looked like he had in the dream. “No, this can’t be happening.”

“How dare you!?” Spike yelled pointing at Celestia.

When Spike yelled at Celestia and not her, she was beyond relieved.

“What?” Celestia said in disbelief.

“How dare you!? Accuse my fiancé of not loving me and only wanting power! I thought you cared about me!” Spike yelled at Celestia.

Sunset couldn’t believe it; Spike was standing up for her, to Celestia! “Somedragon is getting very very lucky tonight.” Sunset thought in the back of her brain.

“I do care about you. Can’t you see she’s using you?!” Celestia said in a raised voice.

“No, if you cared about me, you would be happy for me!” Spike yelled back.

“I am your mother; of course I care for you!” Celestia replied.

“No.” Spike said simply.

“What?” Celestia asked.

“If you were my mother you would be happy that I found love. You would support me. You’re not my mother.” Spike replied coldly.

Both Sunset and Celestia’s mouths dropped after the bomb dropped. Sunset couldn’t believe how far he was going for her, FOR HER. She loved that dragon, more than she had ever loved anypony else. Sunset decided to speak up for once in the fight.

“Come on Spike, we’re leaving.” Sunset said levitating him onto her back.

The couple then left the room without another word. They began to walk to the Canterlot gardens to try and calm down. As soon as they were away from everypony Sunset kissed Spike like never before.

“That was for standing up for me.” Sunset whispered to him.

“I will always stand up for you. Celestia was wrong; I wish it hadn’t ended like that.

“Me too, but thank you Spike. I’m glad I’m with you.” Sunset said kissing Spike again.

Spike blushed and hugged the unicorn. They decided to stay in the garden and just talk for a while. They were in the middle of talking about gems when they heard hoofsteps. They turned to see Celestia. Spike regarded her coldly.

“What do you want?” Spike said coldly.

“I wanted to apologize.” Celestia said solemnly.

“What?” Both Sunset and Spike asked.

“I acted without thinking. I was wrong, very wrong. I don’t want to lose my son or future daughter
because of my foolishness.” Celestia said looking hopeful.

“Future daughter? Does this mean...” Sunset started.

“Yes, I thought it over, and I approve of your marriage. I would actually like to be the one to wed you two.” Celestia said.

Sunset and Spike looked to each other and smiled. They both looked to Celestia.

“We forgive you.” They both said.

Celestia replied with a hug to the couple. In the middle of the hug Sunset spoke up.

“Just don’t do that again.” Sunset said with a chuckle.

They were all very willing to put this all behind them. All in all, it turned out well Sunset reasoned.

“Of course, daughter.” Celestia replied with a smile.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you like the new chapter. Since it is a three day weekend I plan on writing a few chapters. As always let me know your thoughts in the comments!