• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 3,319 Views, 82 Comments

The Brotherhood of Equestria - Jack2023



What would you do if you are thrown into another world against you're will? What if you had an obligation? Would you risk everything to succeed? Or would you even care? This is what Connor chose to do.

  • ...
9
 82
 3,319

Chapter 5, Detective

1 Hour After Alice's Escape

“Any idea on the culprit?” The princess of the night, Luna asked to the pegasus stallion that accompanied her to the destination. But no answer comes as he stares blankly to the street laying in front of him. “Night Blade?” Her voice announcing some annoyance.

His trot comes to a brief end for the moment as he turns his two colored gaze to the princess. “Ask after my inspected of the scene.” The stallion's pace increases as the saloon begins to came into sight.

As Night Blade and Luna move towards the saloon’s entrance, the two guards at their post began to shiver; only stopping after the double doors behind them closed.

“Shining Armor!” The princess of the night calls to a white coated and three toned blue mane stallion, wearing purple and gold armor. He bows to the mare’s words as his eyes move to set upon the dark nightly blue mare. “Princess Luna, Have you been able to-?”

Thud

Luna’s voice doesn't get to come back to the stallion as her words become interrupted by the corpse of Iron Blade being thrown to the floor by Night Blade.

Shining Armor and Luna are disturbed as Night Blade pins his head to the ground and begins to closely looks over the wound in Iron Blade’s neck. “Hm...The moment this killer got close to him, he was guaranteed dead.”

He gives a short glance to the others, quickly noticing the disturbed looks on their faces. “The blade they used was the perfect size to slice the jugular...” Night Blade’s tone holds almost impressed to the surgical precision show in the cut as he continues to talk, “...All breathing was certainly lost within moments, and without making a huge mess...Whom ever we are dealing with is most definitely trained in this form of killing.”

“B-But why kill a gate guard?” Luna asked as she gets a closer look of the wound.

“I bet they left us the answer.” Night Blade says as he points to the brown packet with a dagger stabbed into it. He pulls out the dagger to take a closer look as he speaks up, “Hmm..Simple iron, simple design. Nothing special. Can go to any blacksmith shop and find a blade like this for two gold bits.” He tosses it over his shoulder without a care, making it stab into the ground right in front of Luna.

Picking up the packet showed it had no identification on it, but it was heavy and seemed to have many different sizes of paper in it. Opening it showed his suspicions to be correct. “Paper?”

But a closer exception of the seemingly simple paper turns his eyes a little wider,. “Luna, Armor. Look.” Night Blade says as he stands from his spot where none of the other guards in the room could see. They came around and read two of the papers that Night Blade holds; only to have their eyes widen in the same disbelief as Blade’s.

“Iron Blade... was..?-” Shining Armor’s shakes a little as he loses his focus to his words.

“Apparently so... I'm going to take this to Celestia ASAP.” Night Blade said, quickly trotting to the exit with Luna and Shinning Armor following.

The door opens to random flashes of light and yells. “Reporters...” Night Blade said with a growl at the sight of about thirty ponies with cameras and notebooks.

“Sir! Guards have told us that a brown packet was at the scene of the crime. What are its contents?” A blonde mare with a fedora hat in the front of the crowed asked.

“It holds the reason why the pony murdered Iron Blade!” Night Blade said with another growl that made the reporter take a step back. “Now get out of my way!” He said spreading his wings. All the reporters jumped back, but their banter comes back with the same prodding tone within the moment. Night Blade doesn’t pay mind to their words as he simply takes to the air above their hungry ears with only the thought of his destination of concern. .

It only takes the nimble stallion a few minutes to land on the balcony of Celastia's quarters. “What have you discovered Night Blade.” The princess of the sun asked with a calm voice. He makes his way in to see Celestia slowly pacing around the room.

“Iron Blade was a traitor.” Night Blade yelled out, slamming the packet onto the desk in the middle of the room. “I knew the pony was useless and stupid, but to betray your home like this!?” He continues to yell in anger as his miss match colored eyes began to glow red.

Celestia's stare goes wide to the stallion’s anger. But she quickly used her magic on the packet, making every piece of paper in it float around her.

The room stayed silent. Celestia quickly looking over each piece of paper, as Night Blade's eyes slowly dulled in their anger filled glow.

Celestia lets out a sigh, breaking the quiet room. “How long did you know Iron Blade?”

“I was there when he started training.” His voice still growling in anger. “For somepony with 'Blade' in their name, he was only decent with a sword.” Celestia closes her eyes in sorrow. “I don't know how he got into a uniform with his reports. The vision test was probably the only reason.” She gives him a stare. But the stallion’s words trail on, unaffected to the Princess’s gaze. “He was worthless in a fight, but with his sharp eyes, he was perfect for a gate guard, do to only being good at pulling a lever. Even with his gift of sight, he paid more attention to mare's flanks then watching for attack... Turns out, he let them in.”

“Have you discovered the culprit?”

“The culprit can wait for a moment. We need to act on this!”

“You didn't even have to analyze the scene to know who did it?”

“Its the Brotherhood. Could it be anypony else?”

“I'll send you a letter with what I plan to do.” Without another word, Night Blade walks out. “How much do you know about the Brotherhood, Night Blade..?”

Night Blade couldn't help but have a smirk on his face as he walks through the halls of Canterlot Castle. “More than you would ever guess.”

Author's Note:

Thanks again to Fat1thatyoulove for another proof read/editor for this chapter!

Thanks to Kibishi for ideas on physical appearance, name, and future plot of 'Night Blade.'
(To thous who will ask about how Night Blade's looks. He'll be explain in the next chapter!)