• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 3,319 Views, 82 Comments

The Brotherhood of Equestria - Jack2023



What would you do if you are thrown into another world against you're will? What if you had an obligation? Would you risk everything to succeed? Or would you even care? This is what Connor chose to do.

  • ...
9
 82
 3,319

Chapter 1, Silver Coin

One Month Later.

“So tell me again on where ya got that coin?” AppleJack asks Twilight as her and their friends walk thru town.

“The robed warrior that saved my life gave it to me as he left the city with the other two.” Twilight said with a mind deep in thought.

“Then why are ya wearing it like a necklace?” AppleJack spat a little with her western accent as strong as ever.

Twilight was shocked at these words. Why had she drilled a hole into it and strung a string thru it. “Um... well... because he gave it to me.” She knew that was not the real reason. AppleJack just raises her eyebrow. “Well, what else was I suppose to do with it?”

“Its okay to keep present you receive from you're knight in shinning armor AppleJack. Right Twilight?” Rarity said in her high class accent with a sly smile.

“You are correct Rarity.” Twilight said with a smile. But quickly her eyes widen. “Wait, WHAT!?” She yelled out as her face became blushed.

AppleJack and Rainbow Dash laughed as Rarity giggled. “Ya Twilight! You're knight in shinning armor.” Rainbow laughed harder as she landed on the ground.

“Wait? I thought we where talking about the alien, not Twilight's big brother?” The three laughing mares stop and roll their eyes to Pinkie Pie's oblivious words.

“Whats the real reason you wear the coin sugar cube?” AppleJack said with all laughter gone and concern in its place.

Twilight stood in place for a moment to collect her thoughts before continuing with her group of friends. “Well... I've never seen a creature like him before, nor is there any records that describe something like him. I want to know where he came from and who he is...” Twilight looked to AppleJack, her face announced that she wanted Twilight to say everything. “... I also want to thank him.” AppleJack nodded in gratitude that Twilight shared her thoughts. But Rainbow still snickered.

“Oh my... what time is it?” Rarity blurted out after another moment of walking.

“Its 30 minutes past 4.” Twilight replayed. “Where you suppose to do something today?”

“Yes, I was. Excuse me girls, I have to take my leave.” The group of friends said goodbye as Rarity returned to her boutique.

“She must have a meeting with her friend today.” Fluttershy said as the group returned to walking.

“Who Fluttershy?” Rainbow asked as she started to fly over the group again in a hover.

“I'm sorry, I honestly don't know. Rarity told me that somepony who live outside of town comes by once a month for some trade in goods.” Fluttershy said looking down to Pinkie Pie. “Is something wrong Pinkie?” Pinkie Pie was standing still with an emotionless face. “Pin-?”

“Ohmygosh, Ididn'tknowthatRarityhadafriendmeethereverymonth! That means... GASP thatmeansI'venevermetthemandIneedtothrowa Welcome To Ponyville Party!!” With a blur of pink and swoosh sound. Pinkie had dashed out of the four others sight. But they just shrugged and continued their walk thru town.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock Knock Knock... “I wonder whats got Rarity to keep the shop closed so la-?”

“I'll be right there Alice!!” Rarity's voice put a smile to Alice as she watched her in a light gallop to the boutiques front door. “I am terribly sorry for being late Alice. I was out on the town for a little with my friends... and I lost track of time.”

“No worry’s Rarity. I'm actually quite light on my errands list today, so I can take my time.” Alice said this with a smile at seeing one of her few friends.

“Very well then.” Rarity said with a slight sigh of relief. “Come in, come in. I want to see what precious jewels you have for me.” She said as she unlocked the door and waved for Alice to go first. Alice nodded and walked inside with her cart in tow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I wonder who this pony that meets with Rarity every month is? And why was this the first time I heard about her?” Twilight said to herself as she carried a small plastic bowl with her magic.

Another moment of walking thru town in deep thought placed Twilight at Rarity's boutique.

Ding Ding The bell rang as Twilight opened the front door.

“Welcome to- Oh, hello Twilight!” Rarity said as Twilight walked into the store.

“Hello Rarity. I brought you some frozen yogurt.” Twilight said as she placed the plastic cup on the counter.

“Thank you Twilight. Oh, this is my friend, Alice.” Twilight's attention was turn to a earth pony mare that stood slightly taller then her. She has gray fur with a slight tint of red, as her pure red mane looked well groomed, but was still a little raggedy.

“Hello Twilight. Its a pleasure to meet you.” Alice said this with a bright smile in her lips and dark blue eyes.

“Hello Alice, its a pleasure to meet you too.” Twilight said with just as bright of a smile as all her thoughts have left her attention. “What brings you to town?”

“Some trade with Rarity. I did some trade with dia-”

Whistle

“Ah. Me and Alice where about to have some tea, would you like to join us Twilight?” Rarity said as she started to walk away.

“Yes please.” Twilight said as Rarity picked up the plastic cup and walking into the kitchen.

Twilight turned her gaze back to Alice, but her eyes widened at what she realized. Alice was wearing a pure white robe with red cloth around her hips as a belt. The robe had no detail in it, but it did tightly grip her fore legs down to the elbows, as it loosely hanged around her rear legs, perfectly concealing her cutie mark. “Is something wrong Twilight?” Twilight returned her gaze back to Alice's eyes to see honest concern in her blue eyes.

“No Alice. I just have a lot on my mind right now.” Twilight had a faked smile as she replayed.

“Dose it have something to do with the coin around you're neck?” Alice asked with a smile saying 'I already know the answer.'

“Yes... how did you... know?”

“Educated guess.” She said with a slight giggle. “When pony’s have something troubling them that involves something that can be worn as jewelry, they uselessly wear that jewelry.”

“That makes a lot of sense then.” Twilight said with a little giggle at how right Alice was. She nodded to Twilight before making her way to the kitchen.

'Why is she dressed like that? Where is she from? Who is this pony!?' Twilight nearly thought out loud as all her questions from before came rushing back to her attention. “Twilight! Tea is ready dear!” Rarity's voice only put a small pause to Twilight's thoughts as she walked into the kitchen.

The three ponies took a seat at the table and Rarity pored them each a cup. “So what where you going to say earlier Alice?” Rarity asked after the cups had been filled.

Alice's face stayed straight for a moment. “Oh!” She said as a flash of remembering came to her eyes. “Yes. I did some trade with diamond dogs for jewels, and Rarity is always in the market for them, so I came by for bits, and clothing tools.”

Twilight looked at Rarity in surprise, who had some surprise on her face as well. “You trade with diamond dogs for these jewels? Why haven’t you told me about this before?” Rarity asked trying to keep her anger down.

“You... never asked.” Alice replied with honesty in her eyes and voice. “I sense you have had a bad situation with diamond dogs.”

Rarity took a deep breath. “Yes, the last time I meet diamond dogs... they tried to enslave me. So I still hold a grudge.” Rarity said trying to keep calm.

“I've been there as well.” Alice looked away with some anger in her eyes. “So I'm not the one who actually trades with them.”

“Then who does the trade for you?” Twilight asked after taking a sip.

“Well... I hold a grudge against the pack that tried to enslave me, not their race.” The anger left Alice's eyes as a smile came back. “I actually have a diamond dog as one of my closets friends, so he does the trade with the pack.” Rarity and Twilight's eyes are full of surprise. “One thing that I learned is that being racist is not the right way to go. Just because a group that was a different race dealt harm to you, don't pin it on the entire race. That’s not fair to that race when it was only a few’s fault.”

The two mares were a little shaken by how right Alice is. “Well... this diamond dog you consider a friend... do you trust him?” Twilight wanted to change the subject because she felt guilty that she was being racist to the race of diamond dogs when it was only that one packs fault.

“Oh yes. I would give my life to protect him, as he would do the same.” Alice replied with a smile of pride. “I consider him a brother and he considers me a sister.” Twilight's and Rarity's jaws dropped but Alice took another sip of her tea. “Don't her that much, do ya?” Alice said with a giggle after the sip.

Twilight's mind had more question rush through her, to the point were a migraine was starting to form. “You are full of surprises Alice!” Rarity said with a little giggle which made Alice laugh. “Are you okay Twilight?” Twilight was snapped back into reality, and she only nodded to the question.

But she lied. Twilight can't help but think that Alice was that pony who saved her and the princesses from the griffons. “Alice. Do you know anything about the Brotherhood?” 'Did I just say that out loud!?'

Alice face deadpanned as she looked straight at Twilight. The stare Twilight was receiving greatly scared. But in another moment Alice was giggling with a smile. “I was wondering when you would ask. I was the pony that help save you and the princesses.” Twilight's jaw dropped again and Rarity gasped, which led to Alice giggling again.

“Why did you kill thous griffons, who trained you to fight like that, who was that creature!?” Twilight took a deep inhale to speak again, but was stopped by Rarity's hoof over her mouth.

“What do you mean creature!?” Alice voice went loud with anger. “And you have a great way of showing gratitude.” Twilight's ears fell to the side of her head. Alice took a deep breath and quickly calmed down. “All I can tell you is that I'm a member of the Brotherhood.” Her voice was calm and collected and she took another sip of her tea.

“Then thank you.” Rarity said with an joyful smile, but Alice tilted her head. “Thank you so much for saving the princesses and Twilight.” Alice nodded to Rarity. “But I have to ask. Equestria considers you a hero, why do you remain in secret?”

“The Brotherhood's porpoise is to insure freedom and peace to everypony and everything from the shadows. So we couldn't allow the griffons to take over this land while killing, and enslaving innocent ponies. So me and my brothers intervene... I just wish it didn't end in a blood bath.” Alice ears fell to the side of her head at her last words. “I'm not proud that I killed... but my porpoise is to protect the innocent... so I did.” Alice looked back at Rarity. “You're welcome.”

“I have to tell Celastia about this!” Twilight blurted out walking to the exit.

“NO!” Alice blocked Twilight's path. “You can't tell anypony about this! There’s reasons why the Brotherhood is to remain hidden!”

“Then why tell us?” Twilight said, taken back by Alice's reaction.

“Because you're the Elements of Harmony.” Alice face announced the fear she had of Twilight exposing a Brotherhood member. “I thought you should have the right to know.” Twilight looked to the ground in thought. “If you think that Celastia should know... then if something would go wrong... you must understand that I will not hesitate to kill in the need to protect my family.” Twilight was startled by these words. But Alice's face announced the guilt of hating to say that.

“I understand. I'm not going to tell the princess” Twilight said under her breath.

“Thank you.” Alice said in a huge sigh of relief. “Rarity?”

“My lips are sealed darling.” Alice sighed again as a smile came to her face.

“I hope this doesn’t destroy are friendship Rarity and Twilight.”

“Not at all!” Rarity said in a cheery voice. “But can I make a request?” Alice nodded with a smile. “Can we meet the other two that saved us? I would like to thank them as well. And Twilight here has been going crazy over the one that saved her.”

Twilight's face became blushed. “I'm not going crazy over him!”

“The last month you have been looking over every book in you're library about exotic creatures. Also, that coin never leaves you're side!” Twilight's face only became more pink. “Its okay Twilight. There’s nothing wrong in finding out who you're knight in shinning armor is!” Alice went into a fit of laughter as Twilight's face turned pink to red. “Alice, could you arrange a meeting for Twilight and her knight?”

Twilight looked to Alice in hope of actually meeting him. But Alice stopped laughing and looked to Twilight. “No.” Alice said blankly. Twilight's hopes just went right out the window. “And there’s a reason why.” Twilight rely didn't want to hear it. “Hes an alien.”

“What!?” Rarity's voice shot up in confusion.

“I'm not aloud to say any more. But for his, and the Brotherhood's safety, I cant allow that.”

The creature that save her was actually an alien! Twilight had no idea of what to think of this. It WAS an alien that saved her. Yes. That’s the only way to explain him. Hes not from this world. “Please Alice!” Twilight yelled out and made Alice face go without expression.

It was only a minute of silence in reality, but for Twilight it felt like an hour. “Fine.” A smile came to Twilight at that one word. “But! If you do anything to hurt him or my family.” Alice looked to Twilight in anger. “I will not hesitate to end you're life.” Twilight froze in fear. But she realized that the emotion in Alice's eyes wasn't anger, but the will to protect her family. Her stare was a motherly one that warned you to never hurt her filly, or else.

Twilight gulped a lump in her throat. “I would never.” She said under her breath.

A smile returned to Alice's face. “I'll see about getting you're knight in shinning armor to come and save you again.” Twilight groaned at that joke, and made Alice giggle. “His name is Connor.”

“Connor... When can I meet him!?” All the hope that was thrown out of the window flew back into Twilight. “I have so many questions to ask!” She began to jump a little in her excitement.

“I can't guarantee when Twilight. But soon.” Alice had a hard time holding her laughter at Twilight's excitement. “I never thought that anypony would get so exited over meeting their knight in shinning armor.” Twilight groaned again as she rolled her eyes, making Alice and Rarity laugh.

“Thank you for you're hospitality and business Rarity. But I must take my leave. Good bye Rarity and Twilight.” Alice said after the two mares laughter died down.

“It was great to see you again Alice. Good bye!” Rarity said as Alice walked out of the shop with her cart in tow.

“Rarity. How long have you been friends with Alice?”

“Three moths before you moved to Ponyville. Why do you ask?”

“I'm trying to get answers for so many questions...” Twilight put her hoof to her fore head. “Do you have any aspirin?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So she wants to meet me? Really Alice?”

“Oh come on Connor. My friend Rarity was right, Twilight been crazy over you!”

“That’s not what worry’s me. How will Dad think about you exposing Brotherhood secrets?”

“Only Twilight and Rarity know. Remember, they are the Elements of Harmony.” Alice's words did little to settle down Connor. “Do you even want to meet you're princess?”

“Stop joking around or I'm not going to help when you get struck by Dad's anger.” Alice shivered at the thought of what her punishment will be. “So everyone is making the joke about me being Twilight's knight?” Alice just nodded with a sly smile. “Fuck you.”

“Jeez, it's just a joke... or is it?” The sly smile she had grew in size.

“Watch it little sister!” Alice only laughed. “You better tell Dad soon so it will get out of the way.” Alice just sighed. “I'm going back to training Lilly, have fun.”

“Thanks for the support.” Alice mumbled as Connor walked away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight's been staring at the roof of her room for 4 hours. The only noise being her breathing and Spike's snoring. Finally her eyes get the better of her mind rushing of questions and she fell asleep.