• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 4,300 Views, 84 Comments

Me, my Wife and my Daughter - Br0nyb0y123



A story focusing on Caramel adjusting to his new life as a father and husband

  • ...
8
 84
 4,300

Chapter 6: Her Night Out, My Night In

I sat up on my bed instantly once I woke up, being scared of that little spider in my dreams. I sat up on my bed and looked around my room, I saw Applejack getting ready for her night out in front of her mirror, and I looked beside me to see Toffee sleeping on Applejack's side of the bed. I looked at my wife's reflection in the mirror and she looked at me back,

"Hey, sleepyhead" Applejack greeted me.

"Hey baby" I greeted back groggily, "When did you and Toffee come in?"

"Just about ten minutes, ah didn't wanna wake you up so I just put Toffee on ma side of the bed, she just slept beside ya whilst ah'm getting ready" She replied.

"Did you speak to your brother?" I asked.

"Ah did, he says wants to speak to ya later" She said as she turned around to look at me better, "Hon, are ya OK? Ya look like ya seen a ghost"

"I'm fine, it's just I had a bad dream, is all" I replied.

"What was it about?" Applejack asked.

I thought for a second. Should I tell her about how Luna put me through hell or should I just break it down short?

"It was..." I paused, "...about Manehattan"

"Oh, about the gangs?" She asked.

"Wow, it's like you can read my mind" I joked.

"Maybe ah can" She chuckled.

I looked at Applejack and saw that she was wearing her dress from the Grand Galloping Gala a few years, the same gala that me and Lucky dropped her and friends off at,

"You look beautiful in that dress, Applejack" I complimented.

"Well, Pinkie told me that Rarity wants us ta wear our dresses from the gala tonight, so I'm gonna wear it just for sentimental value" Applejack replied.

"You know, none of you girls thanked me or Lucky for taking you over to the Gala, besides you could've easily taken the train" I told her.

"Everypony wanted to arrive there in style, so Rarity hired you and Lucky to pull Twilight's carriage" Applejack explained.

"Huh, Rarity never did get me what she owed me and Lucky" I spoke to myself.

"Which was what?" My wife asked.

Me and my big mouth, or should I say Rarity and her big mouth. Because this was before me and Applejack got married, or even started dating for that matter, and back when Rarity asked us to help pull the carriage and she would, in return, give both me and Lucky two blowjobs each. But considering I'm a married stallion and it would be awkward to discuss that one of my wife's closest friends offered me oral sex, in front of my wife and child (though she's sleeping). So I guess I have no choice but to lie,

"Em...she promised me and Lucky fifty bits each"

Applejack looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a smirk,

"C'mon, Caramel. Ah know that ain't the truth. Rarity wouldn't offer money to men to get what she wants" Applejack told me, "Ah know her really well, sugarcube, ya can tell me if she offered ya sex, because to be honest, Ah'd expect from her"

I sighed in shame and blushed in embarrassment, "She offered me and Lucky two blowjobs each"

"Haha, ya see, that's total Rarity right there" Applejack told me, "Ah mean there was this one time ah seen Rarity give the video store clerk a rub and tug to waive the late fees and..."

"OK, babe that's too much info" I said before she could finish her story.

"Sorry, ah got a carried away there" She chuckled

"It's strange how you laughed at that" I uttered.

"Well, If ya've know Rarity for as long as ah have, then ya'd be laughing too" Applejack replied.

"Wow" I replied.

"But anyways, Applebloom still needs help with her homework, if ya can do that after ya settle Toffee to sleep, she would really appreciate it" Applejack changed the subject.

"Sure thing, I'll bath Toffee, put her bed, help Applebloom and speak to Mac" I replied.

"That seems like a good idea" My wife agreed.


"So are ya sure ya can look after her tonight?" Applejack asked.

"Sweetie, don't worry" I replied, "She'll be fine with me. You go out and enjoy yourself, you deserve it, babe"

"OK, hon" She leaned over to give me a kiss on the lips.

"You gonna say bye to Mom you little rascal?" I said to Toffee, who was in my arm.

"Mommy's gonna be out for tonight, sweetie" Applejack told Toffee, "You'll probably see me tomorrow morning, hon"

"Goodbye, Applejack, have fun" I bid my farewell.

"Bye, Caramel" She said to me, "Bye everypony"

"Bye Sis" Applebloom called from another room.

"Bye Applejack" Big MacIntosh shouted from another room as well.

Applejack gave me a smile and then walked out the front to go and meet her friends, once the door closed behind her, I looked down at my daughter and said to her,

"Let's go and get you clean, sweetheart"

I walked over into the living room to see Applebloom sitting next to a sleeping Granny Smith, Applebloom was reading a book, I couldn't tell what the book was called as I was standing up and she had the cover of the book facing downwards to the floor,

"What's that you're reading there, Applebloom?" I asked.

"Just a book Sweetie Belle lent me, it's a Daring Do book" Applebloom replied.

"Aw, Daring Do. I remember reading those books when I was your age" I said, "Which one is that?"

"City of the Stone Gods" Applebloom replied.

"Awesome, I think I read that one" I said, "Can you do me a favor please, Applebloom?"

"Sure. What is it?" Applebloom asked.

"I need you to watch Toffee whilst I get the baby bath tub sorted for her please" I said to her.

"Sure thing, ah'll watch her" Applebloom told me.

"Thank you, I'll only be about five minutes" I made sure.

"Take yer time" Applebloom replied.

I placed Toffee on the floor and gave her some of her toys to play with, and she just played away. So I went upstairs into the bathroom and saw the plastic baby bath tub beside the adult tub/shower and beside the toilet, I placed the baby tub in the adult tub and ran some cozy, bubbly water in it, I can't do it in the sink as that's too small. Usually I have a tendency for using water that's too hot, so just now I have to be careful, because if I don't, then I'll probably accidentally scald my daughter and I don't want that.

Once I sorted out her bath, I double checked that it was the right temperature for her, not too cold and not too hot,

"That should do it" I spoke to myself.

After I sorted the tub, I went downstairs to get Toffee, she was still sitting and playing with her toys, Applebloom was still reading and Granny Smith was still sleeping,

"Toffee wasn't any bother, was she, Applebloom?" I asked.

"Nope, she's been fine" Applebloom replied.

"OK, thank you for watching her" I said.

"Don't mention it, 'Mel" She spoke back.

I picked up my daughter and made my way upstairs into the bathroom and I placed her in the baby tub,

"OK, Toffee, after your bath, it's bed time" I said to my daughter, who was too busy playing with the bubbles to pay attention to me.


After Toffee's bath, it took me about half an hour to get her to sleep, but once she settled, I placed her in her crib and she continued to sleep without any huffs or moans.

Right now, I'm helping Applebloom with her History homework again, we're on the final question,

"OK, Applebloom. How many soldiers lost their lives in the first day of the Battle of the Bad Lands?" I asked her to be sure.

"Yeah...um...." She struggled again.

"You've got this" I reassured.

"There was 18,000 soldiers who died the first day?" Applebloom wasn't sure.

"That's right!" I cheered.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yes, well done, Applebloom" I congratulated her, "I bet you when Cheerilee marks that homework, then you'll get an A+"

"Thanks for helping me, Caramel" Applebloom blushed and thanked.

"It's the least I can do" I replied.

"Can ah ask ya something, Caramel?" She asked.

"You just did" I joked.

"No, ah meant..." Applebloom tried to say something.

"I know what you meant, what was you wanted to ask me?" I asked her now.

"Is it OK if you can help me with my English homework tomorrow?" She asked.

"I can try" I replied.

"Oh, it's not writing or anything, ah'm conducting an interview, Miss Cheerilee wants us to have an interview with a pony from our families, ah chose to interview you if that's OK?" She asked.

An interview for English homework? I'm interested to see how that plays into English,

"How does that fit into English?"

"She each gave of us a tape recorder for our interviews, so she can review our speech" Applebloom told me.

"Oh right" I replied, "You know what, I'd love to do the interview"

"Thanks, 'Mel" Applebloom said.

"Again, it's the least I can do" I replied.

I got up off Applebloom's bed where I sat beside her, I made my way over to the door and said to Applebloom,

"I'm going downstairs now, Applebloom. Wanna come with?"

"No thanks, ah'm gonna finish readin' this chapter" Applebloom replied, talking about her book.

"You wanting anything? Food? A drink?" I asked.

"No thank ya, Caramel" Applebloom replied.

"Alright, bye for now" I said.

"Bye" She replied.

I walked out of Applebloom's room and I took one step down the stairs, but stopped after I just remembered I was going to speak to Big MacIntosh, I backed away from the stair and walked down the hallway to make to his door,

I sighed and whispered to myself, "Here goes nothing"

I knocked on the door three times,

"Come in" Big MacIntosh called from inside his room.

I opened the door and entered,

"Hey, Mac" I greeted, "Applejack told me that you wanted to speak to me"

Big Mac nodded, "Eeyup, ah did"

"Cool, so...um..." I was lost for words, I've never really had many proper conversations with Big MacIntosh.

"Look, ah just wanted to say ah'm sorry for snapping at ya earlier.." He said.

"Dude, it's OK" I interrupted.

"..Let me finish. Ah'm also sorry that ya've had to put up with ma shit fer the past seven years as well" He added to his apology.

"Can I ask why you don't like me?" I asked.

Mac sighed, "It's a long story"

"Well, I don't have anything else to do, so you can tell the story" I said.

"Fine" He said, "After ma Ma and Pa died I had to become the man of the house, ma Dad was against the idea of Applejack dating other guys, after he died, ah kinda stuck with being against the idea of her dating ponies, maybe fer longer than ah had to" He told me.

"Right" I uttered.

"So by the time you and Applejack started dating, I still stuck to that phase, and I got mad, but I knew it wasn't fair for her, so I let it slide, but ma anger grew for a long time. By the time you proposed to her, ah grew and more mad, even letting out some of ma anger" He added.

"Like how you threatened me at my own wedding?" I asked.

"Eeyup" He replied, "And after you and Applejack's wedding, ah held ma anger fer another four years and then....then..."

Big MacIntosh sighed in distress,

"Look, ah was feeling like crap during dinner, ah just needed to let out ma anger on ya, all of that back at the table was all ma anger I built up fer seven years, it may not have seemed to be a lot, but ta me, it was" He explained, "When Applejack came to speak to me, ah was embarrassed for what ah did, and ma sister was disappointed, no wonder. She told me that ya didn't deserve that, and she's right, she also said that if Ma and Pa were still alive, then they would be disappointed in me as well, and she's right. If ma parents were still here, they'd be proud ta have ya as a son-in-law, Caramel. And shit, though ah don't show it, ah'm proud ta have ya as ma brother-in-law. Hell, yer the closest thing ah have to a brother"

"Thanks, Mac" I said to him.

"Oh, speaking of which, there's something ah want to give ya" He said.

Big MacIntosh got off his bed and went over to his closet, he opened it and searched through the back of his top shelf, and he pulled out a black cowpony hat, which was caked in dust. He blew the dust off the hat and and then he said,

"This here, Caramel, is ma Pa's hat" Big MacIntosh told me.

"Cool" I already knew where this was going.

"After he died, ah was given his hat by Granny Smith. But ah could never bring myself ta wear it, it brought back too many memories. Applejack was always braver than me, she vowed that she would wear Ma's hat at least once every single day for the rest of her life. But ah could never have done that with my dad's hat, everytime ah would put it on, ah'd usually start to cry" He teared up, but he didn't cry.

"Sorry, Mac" I apologized for his parents.

"That's why ah want ta give this hat ta you" He told me.

"No, Mac. I can't take your dad's hat" I hesitated.

"Please, the two hats we have symbolize the loving relationship between a husband and a wife, so it doesn't even make sense for me ta wear it" He told me, "Take it please, it's not any use ta me"

I looked at the hat and thought about the family I have now, about Applejack, Toffee, Mac, Granny Smith, Applebloom. It made me sentimental. Mac describes this black hat he has as something that brings a relationship closer together, and when with the other brown hat that AJ owns, then it feels like we can never be separated. I took the hat and said to Mac,

"You sure I'm worthy of your dad's hat?"

"I'm positive" He replied.

Author's Note:

The "Ah mean there was this one time ah seen Rarity give the video store clerk a rub and tug to waive the late fees" line, goes to thewaffler, so thank him for that line.