• Published 27th Aug 2013
  • 2,199 Views, 46 Comments

Diamond in the Rough - MorningGlory



Diamond Tiara used to be a bully. But now, as she reaches adulthood, it seems she has some regrets to smooth over.

  • ...
2
 46
 2,199

Dear Snips/Dear Snails

Dear Snips,

I know this is going to come out of the blue, and I'm sorry. But I felt the need to apologize to you as well as the rest of our class I damaged with my terrible bullying. I never exactly bullied you, but I was never kind to you either. You were an observer to all that I did. And it wasn't fair to have you watch me treat others so callously. But you never treated me any differently than anypony else. You were always kind to me, even before I had earned the respect and forgiveness of the class after my apologies. You never seemed to doubt my sincerity. And I have to thank you for that.

You had grown into such a great stallion over the last few years, too. Your schoolwork had flown through the roof and you were so passionate about everything. I had never seen such a whirlwind of change in one single pony before. It was astonishing. Even Cherilee was surprised but pleased by it. Silver Spoon developed such a crush on you. Can't say I exactly blame her, though.

I still remember the first time you ever got the guts to ask me to the Nightmare Night Ball. You were so nervous. I've never seen a pony who was usually so graceful fall over his own tongue. It was so cute! I think that's when I really first opened my eyes to the stallion you had become. After several more dates, you asked me to be yours and I still remember screaming so loud my dad had to come see what the hay was going on!

I can't wait to see the life we build together. After all, you're the one who made me fall in love. So you're stuck with me!

Love you!

Diamond

P.S. I found the ring. My answer is 'yes'!

******

Dear Snails,

I know you're going to look at me strange when I first give you this letter. But you deserve just as much of an apology as anypony else I've hurt or upset. A lot had happened over the last few years and I know I haven't personally done anything to bully you or degrade you, but I still need to apologize for letting you watch and ultimately see how far I had falling since I was a little foal. So I'm sorry.

I hear that you're going to be moving to Manehatten to be with Twist. I wish you the very best of luck. I know she's absolutely in love with you. You two have become perfect for one another.

Best of luck in all you do

Diamond Tiaral

Author's Note:

I split the letters for Snips and Snails in this one part because they simply weren't ever bullied but they were affected by DT and SS. Yes, Snails' letter is significantly shorter but simply they just are classmates and not really friends.

Just one more chapter of letters to go. Y'all ready?

-MG