• Published 26th Aug 2013
  • 3,985 Views, 3 Comments

A Night at the Gala - yodajax10



Spike, Iago and Jiminy all go to the Gala!

  • ...
3
 3
 3,985

A Night at the Gala

It was a beautiful night in Canterlot, but not just any night. This was once again that time of the year where the Grand Galloping Gala was happening in the castle of Princess Celestia. And now, the Mane Six consisting of Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Rarity were attending once more. Their dragon assistant Spike was accompanying them like last time, but two new friends were joining them. A parrot named Iago who lived with Fluttershy, and a cricket named Jiminy who lived with Applejack. Spike was the coachman, and Iago and Jiminy were sitting with him.

"Oh, boy!" said Jiminy. "I'm really excited to be attending this Grand Galloping Gala!"

"Yeah," said Iago. "I'm just going for the food. I'm starving."

"Yeah, well, I just hope I can hang out with Twilight and the others." said Spike. "Sometimes It's like I'm barely noticed by them."

"Aww, come on," said Jiminy. "They do notice you and care for you like you're a pony like them."

"Oh, really?" said Spike. "I'm pretty sure they felt that way when they pulled a prank on me that almost made me drown in icy water."

Jiminy's eyes widened. He then shook it off. "Well, okay, that was-"

"Or when Twilight forgave Trixie for terrorizing me with that crazy amulet." said Spike.

"That was the past, Spike." said Jiminy. "We all care for you, and would never want you to be left out."

"I hope you're right." said Spike.


They then stopped the coach at the Gala. The ponies all got out, smiling.

"Well, girls," said Twilight. "We're here, once more."

"And we're going to have fun tonight," said Fluttershy. "Nothing we really have to do."

"Yeah!" said Pinkie Pie. "Super-duper-awesome fun!"

Spike tried to catch up with the girls while Iago and Jiminy followed. "Hey, girls! I-"

"Let's roll!" said Rainbow Dash. The girls then split up very fast, leaving Spike, Iago and Jiminy all alone. The three of them just stood there silently for a minute or two.

"Well, I'm gonna go find something to eat." said Iago, as he flew away.

"Hey, Iago!" said Jiminy as he tried to follow Iago into the Gala. "We all have to keep up! You, me and Spike have to stay together! Right, Spike?" He turned but didn't see Spike. He looked and saw Spike walking away from the Gala.

"Spike?" Jiminy called. "Hey, where are you going?" He tried to catch up but was blocked by many other ponies who were coming into the Gala. "Excuse me!" Jiminy tried to say. "Excuse me!" But no ponies could hear him.

Iago was to busy eating the food being served at the Gala. He was about to take a bite of a chicken leg, but then quickly dropped it. "Ugh!" He yelped. "Glad I didn't touch that! Where I'm from, that's considered cannibalism." He then caught the scent of something...something delicious. He sniffed it, and then started to follow the scent.

Jiminy, still being caught in the crowd of ponies noticed Iago floating out of the Gala and into the hallway. "Iago?" He tried to catch up, while still being caught in a crowd of ponies trying to avoid being stepped on. "Iago! Where are you going?!"

Iago was floating towards the direction of the Royal Kitchen. He opened his eyes as he noticed what he was looking at. It was a huge buffet of many foods to be prepared. Iago spotted some shiny red lobsters and licked his chops. He quickly was about to snatch one, until he heard some humming. He saw the chef starting to come in. He started to panic until he then fell over pretending to be dead. The chef came in and saw Iago looking dead. He grabbed Iago and pulled out a butcher knife. He raised his knife about to chop him up, until Iago spoke up.

"How about this party, huh?" Iago asked. The chef's eyes widened.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!!!" The chef screamed. The chef then started to chase Iago with a butcher knife. "Treacherous parrot!" The chef yelled.


Meanwhile, Spike was now walking in the Royal Garden. He didn't feel like going to Donut Joe's right now, he was too depressed. He then sat down on a bench and looked down. He started to get teared up as he started to weep a little.

Up in the balcony of the castle, Princess Luna was looking outside, guarding the night. Everything was going smooth, until she heard something. She listened closely, and heard some crying in the Royal Garden. She then flew down to the Garden and walked around. She then noticed a familiar purple dragon sitting on a bench. She noticed Spike was still weeping silently. Princess Luna then started to walk up to Spike.

Spike saw a shadow on the ground as he looked up. "Princess Luna!" Spike tried to wipe his tears.

"Spike, dragon assistant of Twilight Sparkle," said Luna. "What is troubling you?"

"Nothing," said Spike. "I'm fine." Spike noticed Luna looking at him with worry and concern.

Spike sighed and decided to tell Luna. "I..." Spike started to get teary-eyed. "I-I'm always alone." Luna looked confused, but still stood by Spike. "Whenever Twilight and the girls do something, I'm always left behind! I'm always treated like an assistant, they do consider me a friend, but I feel I'm just treated like...like..."

"A dragon?" Luna asked.

Spike turned to nod, but began to sob quietly. Luna pulled Spike in for a hug, comforting him. "Shhh," Luna ruffled his scales. "Don't cry, little dragon. Twilight Sparkle does really care for you, she took you in when you were an infant, she raised you for a large part of both of your lives." Luna raised Spike's chin up with her hoof. "You are indeed a dragon, but Twilight does indeed treat you...like if you were one of her."

Spike looked up at Luna, smiling. "Thanks," said Spike.

Luna smiled at Spike and nuzzled his cheek. Still holding Spike, Luna looked up into the sky and the stars.

"Young Spike," asked Luna. "Would you like to go for a ride?"

Spike looked up at the sky, and smiled excitedly. "You mean, up there?" He asked.

Luna nodded, smiling and gestured for Spike to hop on her back. Spike then hopped on Luna's back as they went up into the starry sky.


It took Jiminy a while to get away from the crowd of ponies as he went into the direction where Iago went in the hallway. "Spike?" Jiminy called. "Iago?" Jiminy saw red feathers on the floor and saw them leading some place. "Well, now." said Jiminy. He then heard some yelling and crashing in the kitchen nearby. He walked in and saw the chef chasing Iago.

"Iago?!" said Jiminy.

"Yeah, glad you notice me!" said Iago. "Now, HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!"

"Right!" said Jiminy. He jumped on the table to see what he can do until the chef saw him.

"SACREBLEU!" He screamed.

"Uh-oh." said Jiminy.

The chef pounded on the table which caused Jiminy to go flying until he landed in a barrel of wine. "Someone please help!" Jiminy yelped, from inside the barrel. "I don't drink!"


Luna took Spike high in the air as they flew both up and under the stars and throught many clouds, after a while of flying, Luna and Spike sat on a cloud with a nice view of the moon.

"Hey, Luna?" asked Spike.

"Hmm?" asked Luna.

"Just a question," said Spike. "Are you and Twilight really good friends? Is she like family to you?"

Luna smiled at Spike. "Yes," said Luna. "If it wasn't for her, I would've never been reunited with my sister, she's made my life better in so many ways."

"Good," said Spike, as he started to yawn. "I'm glad you and Celestia are close to Twilight, because it makes the family I have...(yawn)...better then ever." Spike was now fast asleep, as he then snuggled closer to Luna. Luna smiled warmly at Spike. Luna gave Spike a kiss on the forehead and laid her head next to Spike, resting with him.


Twilight and the others were now starting to leave the Gala. "That was an awesome time we had!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Yep," said Applejack. "All we need to do is get Spike, Iago and Jiminy and head home!"

They all heard some crashing as pans and pots were flung out of a nearby window. "Get out! Go! Shoo! Scram!" screamed the chef. Iago flew out of the window with Jiminy on his back. "Good riddance!" yelled the chef. The girls all looked at Iago, who had a lot of feathers gone and Jiminy, who was acting very silly.

"What's happened to you?" said Fluttershy.

"I don't want to talk about it." said Iago dusting himself off.

"That was...the best night ever." said Jiminy, hiccuping while having a goofy grin.

Twilight rolled her eyes smirking, but then realized something. "Wait," Twilight said. "Where's Spike?!"

"Spike?" said Jiminy. "Oh, uh, (hic) he went somewhere..."

"I didn't see him." said Iago.

"Oh no!" said Twilight. "How could I forget Spike?!" She and the others began frantically looking around.

"Spike?!" Twilight called, frantically and nervously. "Spike, where are you?! Oh no, what if something happened to him?"

She then noticed a shadow floating down and looked up. It was a smiling Princess Luna.

"Princess Luna!" said Twilight. Luna smiled as she showed Spike was on her back, sleeping.

"Spike!" Twilight said, happily.

"Shh," said Luna. "He's asleep." Luna carefully placed Spike on Twilight's back, without waking him up. "I was taking him for a nightly ride."

"Thank you very much for watching him, Princess." said Twilight.

"My pleasure." said Luna as she then flew away.

Twilight smiled at Spike. "Guess someone else is gonna have to drive the carriage." said Twilight.

"OOH! OOH! PICK ME! ME-ME-ME-ME-ME-ME-ME-ME-ME!" said Pinkie jumping up and down.

"Yes, Pinkie Pie." said Twilight, smiling.

"Yes!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Gimme a one, gimme a two, gimme a (HIC)!...three." Jiminy fell over on the ground, stilly grinning goofily.

As Pinkie Pie drove the carriage home, Iago and Jiminy were both sleeping on Fluttershy and Applejack. But Twilight was cradling Spike close to her chest, feeling bad about leaving him behind again.

As Twilight and Spike got home, Twilight decided to place Spike in her bed instead of his own. Twilight got in bed and held Spike close. "I'm sorry this happened Spike," said Twilight. "I hope you can forgive me."

Spike snuggled into Twilight's fur. "No problem," He whispered as he continued to sleep.

Tears welled up in Twilight's eyes as she smiled at Spike. She kissed him on the forehead fell asleep with her little dragon.

THE END

Comments ( 3 )

I read this while I was logged off, and as always it tugged at my heartstrings. I am happy that Luna was there to comfort Spike, and also the ending with Twilight hugging him close in her bed, and letting him sleep with her, simply touching. :twilightblush::fluttercry: happy tears my friend.

D'aww! And Jiminy is right! A night in a wine barrel is the Best Night EVER!:pinkiehappy:

That was BEAUTIFUL :raritydespair:

Login or register to comment