• Published 25th Aug 2013
  • 1,581 Views, 94 Comments

The Life Returns - Dress72



Sequel to The New Beginning: White Wind has returned home after going to Equestria. The memories he made are forced to the back of his mind as the life he originaly left becomes his again. But what happens when he returns to Equestria with his son?

  • ...
22
 94
 1,581

019 Life's Events

019

I was about to head into the Canterlot Castle’s library, but was pressuring Rainbow Dash into helping me. Finally I had gotten her to actually agree to help.

I started to explain to her what my plan was, and how she could help, “First of all, I plan on getting Red Wing away from Luna. To do this, I would like you to talk to Luna about why you were taken away from the castle entrance, and what it had to do with me. It is crucial that you push for an answer. This will hopefully have Luna send Red Wing away, as to avoid him getting angry. I’ve heard what he did once when he was angry, and it wasn’t very good. Although I know he won’t do it again, I am hoping she won’t.

“Once Red Wing is away, I will sneak in and begin my scare. Hopefully, if I am right, I will be able to do what I have planned, and move a lot of stuff without being traced, or an aura being present, and no, I will not be using magic, but wind. Now let’s begin, shall we?” I finished my explanation without giving to much away, but enough that I wasn’t questioned further.

We walked into the library together, and soon came upon a room where distinctive voices could be heard. Unfortunately for my plan, Shining Armor was there.

“…will probably be heading here. I don’t know where he is now, and most of my guards only know that he is with Rainbow Dash. Princess I implore you, be careful as he might…” Shining was cut off by Luna.

“Shining Armor, I do not need to be lectured on this subject. Especially not with Red Wing here.”

“My apologies, but I must make sure that no harm will…” Shining paused when Rainbow Dash entered the room they were in. Shining began to speak again, “Hello Miss Rainbow Dash. What can I do for you?”

“I was asked by White to retrieve Red Wing. I’m also kind of curious and would like to ask you two about earlier today,” Rainbow said, walking past them and drawing their attention away from the door.

“And where is White Wind now?” Shinning asked.

“He just asked me to get Red Wing and bring him to the castle, saying that he would be getting his house, and be back before the day ended. Now tell me what happened earlier today? Why did you remove us from the castle entrance earlier?”

I thanked Rainbow’s improvisation, but also disliked it. It meant that I would have to get my house later and travel about 1000 miles in under six hours. “I don’t think this is the place to talk about that,” Shining proclaimed, trying to save some reputation.

“Oh come on, White is my Special-Somepony, I have a right to know this.”

Luna sighed, “Red Wing, will you please wait outside for us?”

“Okay,” Red Wing called out from somewhere in the library. I saw him from my hiding place as he trotted out the room. Now was the time to act.

I focused my intent on getting some books and creating a powerful air circulation, undetectable from the front, before the two in question, then forced books into it. It is actually fairly simple to control wind when you know how to; it is all just about the right intent. Mystified by the aura-less, strait movement of books, Luna took a step forward, and I released my vortex, causing all the books to fall in place. The sudden change startled the two ponies who didn’t know what was going on. I didn’t give them time to rest as I created the same thing behind them, creating noise as to draw their attention. Luna started grabbing the books with her magic as the books started moving, trying to figure out what was going on. I dropped the books being carried by wind and moved to another spot off to the side. I started to create multiple vortexes.

A voice sounded behind me causing me to jump and lose my concentration and the books to fall, “White Wind, what are you doing?”

The other two in the room turned to towards me and my unknown assailant. “White Wind, why are you here; I thought you were getting your house,” Luna pointed out.

“Well I am getting my house. Through the same way that I moved those books, with wind. As to why I’m here, it is to lecture Luna on actually asking, instead of apologizing but still doing whatever it is you did that caused you to apologize.”

“I thought that you said that it would be great if we taught your son.”

“I said it would be great if you taught my son AFTER we talked it over. He is still my six year old son, and I still have my rights as a father to have a say in his life.” I finally look behind me as to who it was that gave me away, and what do I find but the same pegasus who I keep running into, “And Swift Sword, I’m starting to dislike you.”

“Dually noted,” she responded.

“Now Luna, I would love it if you continued to teach my son about this world, but I will need it to be cut short so that I can spend time with him, and teach him about where he is from as well, even if I am working at this job,” Luna understood what I was saying, and Shining, for the most part, did as well. “Now if you will excuse me, I have some things to take care of; primarily talking to a certain sister of a pony within this room.”

Shining doesn’t trust me, which is understandable and extremely evident in his next five words, “Swift Sword, continue your assignment.”

“Rainbow, will you help me find Twilight Sparkle? I have a matter to discuss with her. Thank you Luna for this compromise, and Shining for the job, and Swift Sword for, well, actually I have no reason, but thank you anyways. Red, come here, we are off on an adventure!”

Jake rushed me and tackled me quite skillfully within the air. I am not ashamed to admit that he did cause me to stager from the force he put out. He snuggled into the dip between my shoulder blades, and I left, Rainbow Dash quickly taking the lead.

It only took about seven minutes to find the pony in question due to shouting that could be heard from the library. We found her just as she pounded a table, causing several drinks, owned by her friends, to spill, “Maybe there shouldn’t even be a wedding!”

These words caught me. These were words that I had heard somewhere before, but I refused to let the memory surface. I was quick to reach the pony who had said those words, and ask for an explanation, which I got, “Everypony I know is completely ignoring me. Princess Cadance is not who I knew her as, and nopony will listen.”

I almost went off onto a thinking stage, but quickly decided against it, putting my own previous resolve ahead, “Interesting. Anyways, I have two things to ask you: first is if you received some bills addressed to me, and second is if you will teach me how to read.”

“Okay, random questions, but yes, and yes. However, I expect you to teach me about yourself,” came the response from Twilight.

“Fair enough. How does tomorrow after the wedding practice sound?”

“I keep telling everyone, this wedding shouldn’t even be happening!”

“I know, but there is not much you can do about it. Anyways, I need to be going now. Rainbow Dash, I expect to see you tomorrow as well.”

I took off, leaving the group in question, to question about what I was doing. Of course, Swift Sword continued to follow me. I ended up at my bunking area, where I spent the rest of the day playing games, and catching up with Jake. Through the games, I was able to teach him about Earth.

It didn’t take long for the mock-wedding to roll around the next day. I was one of the guards who was to supervise the main hall where the couple would walk down, and so I stood there, no armor as of yet. Jake was with Luna, learning, so I felt comfortable knowing he was in good hooves. It took all of five minutes for something to end up disrupting the scene, and it ended up being Twilight, screaming her head off about Cadance being Evil.

The entirety of the hall emptied except for Twilight and me. I walked to Twilight, needing confirmation before I hesitantly followed the advice of the pony who trapped me for 60 some odd days. “Twilight, how well do you know Cadance?”

“Extremely well. Her current behavior is unlike any that I knew her as.”

“Twilight, I need you to be sure about this… is she evil… is she a fake?”

There was almost no hesitation before Twilight answered, and I went off because of it, yes, she is.”

I sprinted down the hall, 100 feet a stride, until I reached Cadance, and tackled her, holding her down with one hoof over her wings. She cried out, and my ‘favorite’ two ponies showed up.

“White Wind, what are you doing to my fiancé?” shouted Shining Armor.

“Let her go White Wind,” Celestia threatened.

“You know, if you listen, it could end up saving you. I mean, who knows this pony, and by that, who had spent the most time with her in the past?” I started a little tirade.

“My little sister, Twily.”

“Exactly, now who do you think would be the most likely to spot a change within that past behavior?”

“Get him off me, he is hurting me,” Cadance demanded, wanting to change the subject quickly.

I felt Celestia pick me up with her magic and toss me down the hallway. Shining walked to me, picked me up in his magic, and brought me down to the dungeon. “You know, I once made you a promise that was something like this, ‘I would not bring harm to anypony without a good reason.’ You should listen to your sister, and…”

“Shut up. I don’t want to hear it after you assaulted my soon to be wife.”

“Whatever. But if any harm comes to my son, don’t blame me for what will happen. After all, I tried warning you.”

“And what basis does that warning have? All you have for evidence is my sister’s word, and she is trying to ruin the happiest day of my life!”

“Or she is trying to save it. And it isn’t just her, it is something else that I’m not wanting to trust, but might have to.”

“Good bye White Wind.” With that, Shining walked off, and I relaxed, nothing to do but wait for tomorrow when the real wedding happened.

Author's Note:

I know, this as become rushed and downgraded in quality due to the rushed-ness, but you know what, so be it. To be honest, I am done with this story, and just want it completed. One more chapter will be coming out to end it, and it will probably be today or tomorrow. Have fun.