• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 25,835 Views, 10,268 Comments

Odrsjot - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash and her companions fly east.

  • ...
46
 10,268
 25,835

PreviousChapters Next
To Break a Filly

Dalen sat before a shrine inside a small rock enclosure. Propped up against a set of candles was an engraving made of several tattooed unicorns standing as a group. He lowered his muzzle, mumbling quiet prayers to the streams of incense rising around him.

A series of scuffling hoofsteps interrupted his meditation. Clearing his throat, a Xonan grunt spoke towards the soldier from afar. “Haav sveen dreed thuun hrass thien, Dalen Xon-Nagu’n. Gremm seen trentte rekk thaym.”

Stifling a groaning noise, Dalen spoke out the side of his muzzle. “Rekk thaym vrien? Draas trentte rekk nuln?”

“Kera Tin Mehjj.”

Dalen’s eyes opened. He turned and glanced over his shoulder. “Kera niul trentte?”

“Dreit.”

The stallion stared into the wall. After a few breaths, he picked up the engraving, clasped it shut, and trotted firmly out of the sanctuary.


As soon as Dalen entered the prison cell, his ears were assaulted with a hideous wailing noise. The soldiers standing guard were gripping their agonized forehead. Even some of the pilfered belongings on the table rattled.

“Nagu’n!” Dalen hissed as he shuffled towards the barred group of ponies. “Bleen haahk trentte theem sneel?”

“Jaas ren kein, Dalen Xon-Nagu’n,” the messenger muttered as he trotted beside him.

“Hrmmm…” Dalen stood before the bars, narrowing his eyes.

In a far corner of the cell, Kera stood hugging herself and literally sobbing her skull off. Tears ran down her tattooed face and pooled on the stone floor. The Ledomaritans had all distanced themselves from her, including Basso and Zetta, who stood with nervous fidgets. Nightshade was rubbing her aching head while Zaid paced around like an expectant father.

“You! Thank the monkey gods!” Zaid rushed towards the bars and pressed his cheekbones to the door. “She won’t stop sobbing up a monsoon of salt! I think her tattooed genes have kicked in or some crap! The filly’s a goddess-damned siren, I tell you!” He reeled back, rubbing his head and hissing. “I totally picked the wrong friggin’ week to quit the cider!”

“That all sounds rather tragic,” Dalen coolly said with dull eyes. “Just what am I expected to do about it?”

“I dunno, dude! Do a Xonan mind-meld with her or some crap!” Zaid’s voice cracked. “Take her out serpent-hunting or get her a new tattoo of a frost wyrm on her butt or something! Bond with her! She’s driving us all bonkers! And according to my former boss, I was pretty bonked as it was already!”

“I’m quite sure I had already made her that offer.” Dalen’s brow furrowed. “And she personally requested to be positioned here, as if just to spite me.”

“But I-I was wrong!” Kera suddenly scampered to the bars, sliding on her slick tears. “Dalen, please forgive m-me! You were right!” She clasped the bars, her moist green eyes quivering as she fought snot and hiccups. “You were r-right! I don’t know what I’m doing here! My life is a waste! I’m throwing away my Xonan heritage! And for what?! Moldy bread and a stone floor to sleep on?!”

“You didn’t seem to be complaining before,” Zetta said, rubbing her already aching head. “By the Queen’s braces--as if the wailing song wasn’t enough…”

“You ever woken up and realized all the mistakes you made?” Kera snorted and gazed up at Dalen with puppy dog eyes. “I was so… so wrong to have thought I stood a chance with these… these…” She spat onto the ground. “Ledomulien trenttitties!”

Dalen raised an eyebrow at that.

“Please…” Kera sniffled, calming slightly as she gazed intently at Dalen’s eyes. “Will you let me in? I was so confused earlier. But now… now…” She smiled weakly. “I wanna know about my culture. Third born nor not--it doesn’t matter. I am a daughter of Xon and I wish to understand my place. For once in m-my crummy, short life, I wanna belong to something!”

Silence.

Eventually, Dalen turned and nodded towards a fellow guard.

The stallion and his associate practically scrambled to get the door open. As soon as it was a single inch ajar, the filly burst through and clung to Dalen’s forelimb, shivering.

“Oh thank you! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!” She wept tears of joy and gazed up at him. “I promise you that I won’t let you down!”

“And what of your winged companion?” Dalen leaned forward. “As soon as the Oss Tray Oh realizes you’ve abandoned her--”

“Pfft! Rainbow Dash was asking for it! The stupid waste of spectral sperm!”

“Hmmm. Charming.” Dalen motioned with his horn as he turned towards the exit. “Come. The least we can do is get you cleaned up.”

“Oh… a bath!” Kera stammered. “What I wouldn’t g-give to feel clean again. And to be away from… from all this…” She turned and looked behind her. “...this misery.” For the briefest of moments, her sobbing ceased, and she smiled… then winked.

Zaid did a double-take. “Uhhh…”

Basso leaned towards the middle of the prison cell. “Did anypony else see that?”

“I most certainly did,” Nightshade murmured, her mouth agape.

“You say that as if it was meant for you,” Zaid muttered.

Nightshade sat still. She said nothing.

PreviousChapters Next