• Published 31st Aug 2013
  • 25,832 Views, 10,268 Comments

Odrsjot - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash and her companions fly east.

  • ...
46
 10,268
 25,832

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion of the Jury

"Friggin' there you are!" Zaid spoke as he brought the managlider alongside the Noble Jury, both floating high over the smoldering remains of the camp. Below them, several Ledomaritan soldiers, nurses, and supply workers had come out of hiding, inspecting the overwhelming damage of the early morning battle. "I had to circle around twice to find you guys! Nice ship you got here. You could tap-dance with an elephant around it!"

"We... uhm..." Pilate shuddered, tilting his head towards where Josho and Eagle Eye stood hunched besides Ebon and the others. "We had to pick them up. They... they've discovered something. But... that's not what matters now—"

Belle almost knocked Pilate over as she rushed forward. "Zaid!" Her chestnut eyes were wide as saucers. "Are you Mister Zaid?"

"Only if you're nasty. Nice manecut, by the way. Very Sineigh O'Colter."

"Is she with you?!" Belle's voice squeaked. "Do you have her safe?!"

"Oh, you mean this little thing?!" Zaid smirked as he hoisted Kera off the managlider and held her forward, petite legs dangling. "I dunno if she's yours or not. The little scamp looks tagged."

Kera gasped wide. "Belle! Pilate!"

"Oh darling!" Belle slid forward and collapsed on her knees. "Kera, c'mere..."

Zaid let Kera down, and the filly scampered forward, dragging the book behind. She leapt so hard into Belle's grasp that she plowed the mare over. Both engazed in a savage nuzzlefest, serenaded by giggles and sobs. Soon, Pilate stumbled his way, felt his beloved's shoulder, and knelt down to join the embrace.

"I'm so sorry, you guys!" Kera squeaked, her eyes squeezing tiny tears loose as she buried her face in Belle's chest. "I'm so sorry for jumping ship! I wanted to stop them from grabbing the book! I-I didn't think!"

"Shhhh... it's okay... you're safe now..." Belle hiccuped, nuzzling the foal dearly in spite of her bruises. "You're safe. Oh, praise the Spark, you're s-safe..."

"Kera!" Props gasped, galloping forward with a hoof oustretched. "OmigoshOmigoshOmigosh!" She swept past the filly and picked the book up, nuzzling the glowing lavender runes. "You brought the Jury's energy source back! Squee!"

Kera rolled her green eyes and smiled up at the couple, sniffling. "What matters is that we're all safe! Rainbow saved the d-day! Again! Didja see?"

Belle smiled, but slowly that smile left. She bit her lip and gazed towars the floor. Pilate too hung his head in a somber fashion.

Kera blinked, her jaw dropping. "I... I don't get it. Why the long faces... erm... longer faces." She giggled, but got no response. Slowly, she gulped, and muttered, "Who... wh-who did we lose...?"

"We lost Simon, and... and now..." Pilate tilted his head aside.

Kera looked over his and Belle's shoulders. She gasped, cupping two hooves over her muzzle.

Zaid trotted forward as Props turned around, hugging the book sullenly to her chest. The stallion's ears drooped. "Awwwwwwwwwwww shucks..."

Silence...

Then the entire Noble Jury rocked.

Everypony glanced towards the bow.

Rainbow Dash had landed on all four hooves. Her pendant rattled to a stop as she coiled her wings tight to her chest, took a deep breath, and uttered, "'Sup?" Thud! She fell flat on her muzzle.

Zaid winced.

Belle reached over, still holding onto Kera, and helped Rainbow to her knees.

"Nnnngh..." Rainbow winced, squatting low. She narrowed her eyes at Belle, then tiredly uttered, "H-hey there, Ding-Dong. I wonder if you feel half as b-bad as you look right now, and I mean that in as friendly a way as possible."

"Rainbow, I'm... I-I'm so glad to see you, it's just th-that..." Belle grimaced.

Rainbow blinked. "What?"

"Well... uhm... it's..." Belle's voice shriveled into a stifled whimper.

Pilate placed a hoof on his beloved's shoulder as he spoke over Kera's trembling head. "Something happened while you were gone."

Rainbow mouthed those last words. She stood up straight, peering over everypony. She saw Josho and Eagle Eye hunched over Ebon's shoulder. She saw Props and even Floydien gathered around. The pony she didn't see was—

Rainbow's eyes twitched. Her cold breath fogged up the pendant around her neck.

"Aw no."

PreviousChapters Next